Monster Girls (D&D 3.5) Grab your Monster Manuals and Savage Species!

Started by ulthakptah, November 09, 2011, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Ah, I see.  And how would this Paladin-type character fit in, story-wise?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it depends do we go option 1 or 2.

If we go option 1; I assume like any good adventurer he came in for call for hero. However I do intent make Int as his lowest stat (and as I no longer need wisdom that is low also). So the party erinyes could bluff she is actually celestial and has succeed corrupt the paladin into blackguard (or made figther blackguard). So overall he would be the fiendish party member's pet basically.

If we go option 2 I do intent keep him as comedic relief but not dumb. I am thinking try conjure some variant of Alister from Dragon Age into him.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeap. More social accidents but he could be clumsy in his full plate.

Kunoichi

Ah, so more of a secondary character for various of the girls to toy with, then?  That could be interesting.  Though, if ulth wants to keep to a more monstrous theme, have you considered trying to play a Hound Archon to roughly the same concept?

Zaer Darkwail

That could work, or play a 'evil' Alister who is human half-fiend paladin wanna be :P. Who complains often 'I did not think that being a hero is this hard! I thought I get human chicks easier when I play as knight shiny armor!'

NicciKotor

Nah, my character has to be CG, so that would be hard for me to justify.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kunoichi

Actually, even 'Always CG' races are only really CG 99.9% of the time.  Exceptions to the rule do exist, though they're quite rare.

It's like that one Succubus Paladin Wizards of the Coast detailed here.  You could very well be a Lawful Evil Ghaele if you wanted to.

Snake

I was going to try for a super busty centaur chick that's actually half-fiend (with a nightmare for a lower body :#)

Kunoichi

Hmm.  It won't get you a Nightmare for a lower body, but have you considered the Tauric template from Savage Species?  You could get all sorts of strange and bizarre lower halves for the low low price of just +2 LA.

Alternately, looking over its stats, a Nightmare is +4 LA.  It probably wouldn't even be worth an increase to that LA to make a cute centaur girl with those stats and special abilities.  All you'd be getting out of the deal over a regular Nightmare is opposable thumbs, after all.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 18, 2011, 03:07:22 PM
Yes, I think there is.  Ulthakptah is busy at the moment, though, so it might be a little while before you get an official response.

What sort of character were you thinking of playing?
God, you don't even know the half of it. I'm surprised I'm alive right now.

Anyway, lately the way I've been picking players is not by first come, but by merit. So anyone can put up a sheet and I will pick the best. I don't really have a player cap in mind for this game so I might just accept every tom dick and hairy that sends a sheet my way.

Oh, and I will be allowing on male player. Who will be pretty much a toy as her is just a standard race and has NO SPELLCASTING abilities. By no spellcasting that means no spells, no spell likes, no supernaturals. Basically if you can't use it in anti magic you shouldn't have it.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, paladin has some mysterious powers, one is once per week miracle which he can perform.

But I still need get idea of the starting level range/ECL of the monster girls so I know what level char I am running with. Also is it option 1 or 2 as it also affects my char. I am juggling between three classes; Paladin, Knight or Figther. Crusader I assume is no-no even if none the maneuvers are 'spells' per say.

Kunoichi

Well, given that we've got one person who wants to be an Erinyes, I think around ECL 16 would be a good starting point. ^^; Maybe 18, if he lets her start off with one level in the Fiend of Corruption prestige class.

I'll get started on an ECL 16 Imp character for now, since the Summoning Ooze doesn't have a listed Level Adjustment.  I can bump it up later if the starting level is higher.

Also, I'm pretty sure almost all of a Crusader's maneuvers aren't (Su), and all of its class abilities are (Ex), so it should qualify unless ulth doesn't want to use the Tome of Battle.  Given how annoying that class's refresh mechanic can be over play-by-post, though, I suppose some other class might be a better choice...

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I just wait Ulth's decision regarding Tome of Battle use. I can handle crusader refresh thingy; I just roll 1d10 or 1d12 determine what maneuvers come off and list them as 1-2:CM, 3-4:MH, 5-6:BLC (charging minotaur, mountain hammer, battle leader's charge) in the rolls example.

But in 16th level crusader I may be tempted to dip in paladin class up to 4th level (take complete champion variant; divine warrior variant which gives no spellcasting but a bonus feat).

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 20, 2011, 09:14:57 AM
God, you don't even know the half of it. I'm surprised I'm alive right now.

Anyway, lately the way I've been picking players is not by first come, but by merit. So anyone can put up a sheet and I will pick the best. I don't really have a player cap in mind for this game so I might just accept every tom dick and hairy that sends a sheet my way.

Oh, and I will be allowing on male player. Who will be pretty much a toy as her is just a standard race and has NO SPELLCASTING abilities. By no spellcasting that means no spells, no spell likes, no supernaturals. Basically if you can't use it in anti magic you shouldn't have it.

What starting level though?

Kunoichi

The big problem with the Paladin is that most of its class abilities are (Sp) or (Su).  If you'd like bonus feats, perhaps two levels of Fighter might be more to your liking?

Ah, and in addition to starting level, I do believe we need to know if we're going with point buy versus rolled stats... ^^;

NicciKotor

Really should try to find exotic species to run based on the savage species template. Just makes stuff so much more easier when you are leveling normally and not having to deal with LA adjustments and blah blah.

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

I wanted 4 levels in paladin for rebuke/turn undead and for it's class features; immune to fear and disease and lay of hands. All good stuff.

NicciKotor

Kunoichi

Ah. ^^; Well, in my case, at least, the Savage Species Imp progression is actually significantly different from the MM 3.5 Imp.  I'd lose out on +2 Natural Armor, Survival as a racial skill and +4 Charisma, and in exchange I'd get Regeneration instead of Fast Healing and the ability to choose from a much wider variety of forms for my Alternate Form ability.

To be honest, if I could combine the two, I think I could make a much more interesting character, especially with that increased Alternate Form list.  The Regeneration would be great for survivability, but being able to disguise myself as a Coure Eladrin, or a Petal, or maybe even an Aasimar or Tiefling, instead of the standard Raven, Rat, Spider or Boar choices would be much more fun.

Captjoe

This sounds really interesting. Is there room for one more? I had an idea for a character who was a dragon disciple trying to learn more about the ways of dragons.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Kunoichi

Don't worry, there's still room.  The GM is picking the best entries, rather than running it on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Captjoe

Awesome. I had more of an interest in being a monster hunter, but the character would still be the same. I don't know the exact race, but I do know the basic class would be Dragon Disciple. I was thinking he would get into monster hunting in an effort to learn more about the monster girls themselves, which he hopes will lead him towards a dragon to study as well.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Kunoichi

Actually, the Monster Hunters option is pretty much off the table by this point. ^^; The GM just hasn't had the free time to edit the first post accordingly, yet.

He is allowing one male character, so you could shoot for that spot, though it has some extra rules that might not make it so appealing:

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 20, 2011, 09:14:57 AM
Oh, and I will be allowing one male player. Who will be pretty much a toy as he is just a standard race and has NO SPELLCASTING abilities. By no spellcasting that means no spells, no spell likes, no supernaturals. Basically if you can't use it in anti magic you shouldn't have it.

Alternately, any monster girls you might like to try playing?