Slight delay?

Started by Mithlomwen, March 07, 2014, 03:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

Not sure if it's just my computer being funky, but is anyone else experiencing a delay on E?  I'll click on a link, and it will take four to five seconds for the page to load. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Avis habilis

Nico

Works pretty good for me, too.

I did have some issues yesterday, though, but that might have been the old modem.

Thesunmaid

Maybe try clearing your browser cache. I know that's lagged me down sometimes.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Vekseid

Quote from: Mithlomwen on March 07, 2014, 03:54:47 PM
Not sure if it's just my computer being funky, but is anyone else experiencing a delay on E?  I'll click on a link, and it will take four to five seconds for the page to load.

Is this happening more than once a half-hour?

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Vekseid on March 07, 2014, 05:39:28 PM
Is this happening more than once a half-hour?

Well it was kind of strange.  The site had been working just fine until I made that post.  It had been running slow like that for about ten minutes before I posted, and lasted for about another thirty minutes, and then things went back to uploading like normal.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

CriminalMindsFan

I noticed occasional pause or lag while going through threads and between time I would click post/send over the weekend.

The issue is no longer around for me today.

inghippo

The load time of the site depends on several things, not only the server or the website but even the user connection, the browser,the modem or the pc.
I've done some test and I see a medium time of loading of 2,5 sec with cache and 3,7 sec without cache in normal pages.

What can slow down you navigation, are pages where there are a lot of images in post. Those images are on a several different server and are not cached.
This mean that in a page full of images your navigation will be slower because you are downloading everytime these images.

About images, gif are normally heavier then jpg or png, so the slowest pages on E are the one with more gif.
If you have a lot of gif in your PMS you'll have the same performance issue.

To speed your navigation you can:
- try to change your layout options to show or not avatars and signatures
- use a faster browser (chrome, firefox, safari,opera)
- check your modem, connection and network card
- get a computer with an updated os and good/modern hardware