Interest Check for something WH40K-ish(Only 3 slots left!)

Started by Urbanzorro, April 14, 2010, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmdrRenegade

Nice picture choice.  The Death Korp of Kreig Commissars are some of the coolest minis FW has in my opinion. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Urbanzorro

Yeah the Death Korp is cool, I have one of their sergent miniatures modified and currently serving as a Commisar/commisar lord (depending on the army I'm fighting) in my IG army.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

It should also be noted that HairyHeretic has decided not to join the game, so anyone interested in the 3rd chaos slot is free to post up a character without stepping on anyone's toes.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Miles Trent

Eads up. I wont be available for posting until next monday. Lots of things happening all around all of a sudden.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

who? if you're talking about the pdf commander he joined after i posted up the cast.

And thats fine the slot is still we can just bring him in when you're able to post.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Keala Mensha Khaine

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 24, 2010, 06:46:21 PM
Lol I love the flask!

What self respecting Guardsmen makes it to his 40's without having his trusty flask of amasec on hand? :D

Paladin

Quote from: Keala Mensha Khaine on April 25, 2010, 12:52:22 PM
What self respecting Guardsmen makes it to his 40's without having his trusty flask of amasec on hand? :D

For that matter what Inquisitor doesn't LOL. Course he has a choice of god knows what.

Tharic

Just checking in to see if there's an opening still. It looks like there may be but so far I've read through only this post in it's entirety. I haven't read through the three linked posts.

Last I could tell it looked like there was a Chaos Lt #3 open still? If so, let me know and I can get a profile worked up.

Ironwolf85

wow this is gonna be big.
are there any slots open...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Urbanzorro

There are still open slots but at this point there has saddly been little activity in Imperial side of the thread Paladin's post has gone unanswered for quite a while now. So saddly at this point I'm seriously considering declaring the thread dead (simply because you can't have an Emipre of Man vs Chaos war without the Empire of Man). That having been said if their is interest I have no problem starting up something new once my current attempt either starts up or flops (See signature)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Unless they want to take the slots of the other players on the IMperial side. If people arnt gonna post then they have no rightto keep those slots.

Urbanzorro

That's quite true.....if you're still interested in playing then I have NO problem  what so ever with allowing them to take up what ever unactive slots they like. would you be interested in that Rolin & Ironwolf85?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

I am still interested as long as I have some people to back m,e up. I can send whoever has not posted for the imperials off on other secondary mission thereby freeing up slots for the newcomers to take.

Urbanzorro

Hmm sounds good, ok....so Rolin & Ironwolf85 feel free to go ahead and post up some characters. If you want an Imperial slot go ahead and post up and Imperial character and if the slot is taken Paladin will send someone who is inactive on some side mission. Right now I'd ask that you please do Imperial characters simply because at this point the game can't continue without them.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tharic

Okay, I'll post an Imperial. I don't have time right now but for a very rough high level view what I'm thinking is either a full Inquisitor or an Interrogator (Inquisitor in training) serving under Inquisitor Lord Andreas Whitefire.

Typically if you're familiar with the Eisenhorn/Ravenor series an Inquisitor will be assigned a trainee under them who is the Interrogator. Whitefire however, is not a simple Inquisitor but an Inquisitor Lord. Someone who would be responsible for dozens upon dozens (if not hundreds) of Inquisitors from a jurisdictional standpoint as he would most likely be responsible for the overall well-being (from an Inquisitional perspective) of a large swath of space.

However if you feel a full Inquisitor would be too powerful, that's fine with me. A typical Inquisitor typically has easily half a dozen people in his retinue, while a full Inquisitor Lord could easily have dozens upon dozens.

The Interrogator however, seems like it would not serve under a full Inquisitor Lord, but rather under a "normal" Inquisitor.

Let me know which path and I'll flush out more of the details.

Urbanzorro

at this point I'm thinking either an Interrogator or a lower level Inquisitor, perhaps just promoted/still seeking to train some under Whitefire's tutelage

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tharic

Here's my bio sheet. Let me know if there are any issues with any of this. If not, I'll begin posting in the Imperial thread..

Name: Markus Eliksar (alias Markus Elizan)

Sex: Male

Looks: 6'6, 240 lbs of solid muscle. Markus wears his brown hair cropped short with a pointed goatee. He still bears the Praetorian 12th tattoo below his right eye, serving both as a remembrance of where he came from as well as allowing him to slip into anonymity. Markus clearly has a very commanding personality and presence, both due to his size for a standard Human as well as his quick intelligence and wit. A long flourishing cape adorns his shoulders over his dark blue artificer armor.

Wargear: Brand new suit of Artificer Armor with a refractor field and psychic hood, he was gifted this by his parents after attaining his full Inquisitor rank. Master crafted bolt pistol and an ornate power sword. Two gun-skulls, both equipped with bolters hover within two meters of him at all times.

Bio: Markus Eliksar was born on Terra. The son of Flavius Eliksar, current Provost Marshal, directly reporting to the Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites. The Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites is a High Lord on Terra, one of the nine offices represented. Flavius serving as Provosot Marshal is essentially second in the chain of command for the Adeptus Arbites. His father has served in the Adeptus Arbites for the past 214 years on Terra.

His mother, Tatiana Cordova Eliksar is an Inquisitor and assistant to the Inquisitorial Representative. The Inquisitorial Representative is the voice of the Inquisition on the High Lords of Terra. She has served the Inquisition and the Ordo Hereticus in particular for over 290 years.

As the son of two very high ranking individuals, he grew up on Terra, spending his first 17 years under the Scholarium Segmentum, receiving an unparalleled level of training and education anywhere in the galaxy. At the age of 7 days, he was blessed before the Golden Throne itself. Growing up, he learned the political intrigue and backroom plots and twists that accompanied it through his parents dealings. Training in personal combat by the best Terra could offer, even at a young age he was unbelievably formidable.

Rebelling during his teenage years, he fled from home at 17 and boarded a freighter destined to get as far away as possible. Eventually he ended up on the hive world of Praetoria where he spent the next two years falling deeper and deeper into troubles as well as becoming addicted to Obscura. He soon fell off the radar of society, running with various Praetorian gangs to further support his Obscura habits. His physical prowess, combat training and commanding presence began paying off as he enjoyed the gang hab life of wanton killing and brutality. Soon he was leading hundreds of bangers in hive wars and business deals.

At 19, he was caught up in a Founding on Praetoria and was conscripted to join the newly founded Praetorian 12th Imperial Guard Regiment. Giving a last name of Elizan during the Founding, he remained obscured in anonymity. He served the next eight years in the Praetorian 12th, fighting in countless planets throughout the system during that time. He was rapidly promoted to Corporal and then on to a Sergeant. Throughout this period, he never once contacted his parents back on Terra.

At 27, while on Sebastin VI, he encountered a chance meeting with an Inquisitor. His squad was assigned to assist the Inquisitor with anything he may need. The inquisitor realized after several weeks that Sergaent Markus Elizan of the Imperial Praetorian 12th was much more than he seemed. After several more weeks, when the campaign was drawing to a close, the Inquisitor requested the permanent reassignment of Sergaent Elizan to his personal retinue.

It was at this point, that Markus relented and told him who he really was.

Markus was immediately shipped to Terra, fearful that he was in custody and heading towards not only his parents but also his death squad. Upon his arrival, he learned that his parents had been desperately searching for him for the past 11 years and were overjoyed at his return. He spent several months back home on Terra before his mother talked him into joining her as an Interrogator. He served under her very controlling and excellent tutelage for the last 18 years. Assisting to root out heresy, mutation and scourges his role has expanded more and more until finally he was inducted as a full Inquisitor. His mother requested a special ceremony, where the Inquisitorial Representative himself presented Markus with his Rosetta.

Now, six months after receiving his full Inquisitor rank, Markus has been sent to report to Inquisitor Lord Andreas Whitefire on Miranda IV.

Fighting Style: Markus excels at combat fighting, hand-to-hand and weapons training. In addition, his knowledge of tactical situations allows him to often use his environment to his advantage.

Retinue: (All of these will be NPC characters I will utilize in postings)

Purity & Faith - A pair of twin female death cult assassins who have served Markus for the past eight years. (Unlike the death cult assassins Eisenhorn encountered, these two are fully capable of verbal communication) Both are dressed in full black form fitting armor. Purity wields a plasma pistol and a chain-sword while Faith wields a bolt pistol and a chain-sword.

Prioress Helena - Sister Dialogus from the Adepta Sororitas. While a member of the Adepta Sororitas, Prioress Helena is a data analyzer and gatherer, she is not a combat individual. She has served as in that capacity with Markus' mother Tatiana for over 60 years and has been asked by Tatiana to assist Markus on this, his first full Inquisitorial mission out from under his mother's wing.

Roark - Former member of Imperial Guard Praetorian 12th with Markus. They have known each other for over twenty years. Roark tends to handle many of the unsavory items that must be done. He wears combat fatigues and carries a laspistol and shotgun.

Drivestort

Out of laziness to troll through eight pages of posts, are there still slots available, and if so, could I get a rundown of what's been settled on? Cause I've got a big hankerin for some 40k Inquisitorness. Inquisitocity.

Paladin

WEll I know e already have 1 Inquisitor lord and a second INquisitor who's working for him. I don't think a 3rd INquisitor would fit, but Its Urbanzorros game.

Urbanzorro

At this point there is 1 chaos lieutenant, and a few of the inquisitor's retune.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Drivestort

But what sort of style, plot, available types to choose from, etc?

Paladin

Quote from: Drivestort on May 14, 2010, 02:16:40 AM
But what sort of style, plot, available types to choose from, etc?

Right now the only plot is the Inquisitor and his retinue vs Chaos in the underhive thing. That was the one picked.

Paladin

OK so who do I need to send away so that the other Inquisitor can jump in?

Urbanzorro

I approve of his character :D as far as who to send away that's your call I'm leaving it up to you seeing as they are your retune.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.