Interest Check for something WH40K-ish(Only 3 slots left!)

Started by Urbanzorro, April 14, 2010, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

Ok, so I’m a fan of action, and of a good Science-fictional setting. With that in mind I’m curious to see if anyone would be interested in a role play set in the WH40K Universe. As far as the specifics of the role play itself go that’s open for debate. I have several ideas, ranging from freeform to systemed, that I’d be willing to throw out here and see what catches interest. And I will do so. If some interest is show. :D So if you’d like to hear more just say so on this thread. Also suggestions/questions are more than welcome.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DeviantMunster

*Jumps full on into the thread holding an interested flag above her head*

BenedictWolfe

sinoraa

My last boy friend intreduced me to 40, and boy did i love it! Im down for anything set in that universe.

Idej

The Unholy Potato

I think I'd enjoy participating in this, but it probably depends on what the game ends up being, exactly, as WH40K is a ridiculously expansive setting.

For what it's worth, if we ended up leaning towards a system, allow me to volunteer that I'd be willing to run a game of Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy (though I am a bit more enthusiastic about the former).

Opheliac

I find that Dark Heresy is much more balanced than Rogue Trader, as Rogue Trader has classes that are literally nothing for 4 ranks (Namely, the Rogue Trader class). I love the universe though, and I would be more than happy to play in a 40K game.

Paladin

Umm dude I recomend Dark Heresy. it IS the WH40K universe. I know. I own it all and I play the miniatures. I just can't wait till gencon hits so I can get the spacemarines stuff.

DeviantMunster

I like Rogue Trader! But I also like Dark Heresy too~ Though... a freeform game would be most welcome as well. *ponders* It's difficult to decide. For some reason, WH40K system games have died pretty quickly here, for whatever reason.

Cold Heritage

I would like to state tentative interest IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME.

I'm in an RT game right now, and the player of our RT bemoaned that his character was essentially an item that gave us +10 on rolls. Of course, the character's aptitudes are towards social things and she's quite handy in ship-to-ship, and all we've done so far is get in a shootout with some bad guys (Boltgun on Full Auto is so $$$$) and jump a pair of mooks (my Arch-Militant grappled one and everyone else shot the other at Point Blank). We've also never had to make an Awareness check that we haven't failed . . . so it might just be the dice-roller hatin'.

If we go freeform I wanna play a Black Templar or Flesh Tearer.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Paladin

Quote from: Cold Heritage on April 14, 2010, 11:51:04 PM
I would like to state tentative interest IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME.

I'm in an RT game right now, and the player of our RT bemoaned that his character was essentially an item that gave us +10 on rolls. Of course, the character's aptitudes are towards social things and she's quite handy in ship-to-ship, and all we've done so far is get in a shootout with some bad guys (Boltgun on Full Auto is so $$$$) and jump a pair of mooks (my Arch-Militant grappled one and everyone else shot the other at Point Blank). We've also never had to make an Awareness check that we haven't failed . . . so it might just be the dice-roller hatin'.

If we go freeform I wanna play a Black Templar or Flesh Tearer.

If this is freeform I'm totally doing an inquisitor lord or a grey knight.

Urbanzorro

Well now I'm VERY glad to see the interest. I'll be posting up some Ideas in a few minutes (once I iron them out.) That having been said I'm pretty much open to any of the ideas I list, so I'm not above asking for a vote :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

"Give me a lasgun, a body kit and a Lemun Russ Demolisher, and just point me at the bad guys."  :D
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

CmdrRenegade

"Give me a gun, a google-eyed alien to shoot it at, and I’ll die a happy man."
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Miles Trent

If playing as aliens is possible, I'd be WAAAAGHing my way to a good story.  :D
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

Ok, so here are my story ideas It should be noted that the pictures are not necessarily what the characters will/should look like, nor do I care not for what sex you are compared to what sex you wish to play, and I don’t mind you playing multiple characters (as long as you can do so well) . I’d like to ask that all interested vote for their favorite 2 of the stories below, the one with the most votes will be the one we do.  Also I’ll be able to fill any unwanted/left over rolls as well as whatever I choose to play.

The Inquisition:  Miranda IV, An Imperial hive world, who’s industrial capabilities have been for several generations focused on the creation of cutlery for the Imperial Guard, strategically unimportant, and boasting only a minimal PDF force. Miranda IV has never known the horrors of war, nor of any other form of strife that is so common throughout the worlds of the Empire of Man…. Until now something has come to Miranda IV and made its home in the under hive of Miranda Prime, Miranda IV’s capital city, stories have begun to spread. Of bodies horribly destroyed, of sabotage, of evil quickly swept under the rug by a fearful planetary government. These stories have not escaped The Inquisition. Who in its wisdom have sent an Inquisitor (along with his retune) to investigate the problem, accesses the danger, and should it be needed, eliminate all traces of whatever taint has grown on Miranda IV.
Key Roles to cast:

Inquisitor: Open
Inquisitor’s Retune: (Between 3-5 characters)
Planetary Governor:
PDF Commander:
Something Dark and Evil: (Chaos forces, Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, ect ect)
Lieutenants of our Dark and Evil leader: (between 3-5 characters)

Trapped:
A failed attack on a Chaos Cult world has left large numbers of Imperial forces scattered on the planet. What few Imperial landing zones remain are busy with the process of pulling out as much material and men as they can so as to deny them to the archenemy. As the Imperial forces begin to pull out of the system to regroup and re-plan the window for escape is slowly closing. Anyone left on planet when the last troopships depart will be left to their own fate. Those scattered forces who are able must now attempt to make it to the extraction point before time runs out.

Key rolls to cast:
Imperials: 2-6/7ish characters from almost any Imperial force/group (So long as you can reasonably explain why they are there/why they are potentially getting left behind. I.E. a guardsman makes much more sense than a Space Marine Chapter Master).
Chaos Forces: Large numbers of enemies/traps ect ect(that I’ll most likely illustrate/play unless someone else REALLY wants to), between 2-3 significant Chaos followers who are actively hunting the Imperials (I.E. a CSM, Possessed Marine, Abnormally strong Cultist ect.)

In The Guard:
Life in the Imperial Guard, it is hard, it is cheap, and it is fleeting our story follows members of the 3rd Platoon, of 4th Company, of the Yuktobonian “Lucky” 7th combined regiment. As they are sent from theater to theater, War to war, battle to battle, will they survive? Will they earn their glory? And a peaceful retirement?

Key rolls to cast: (It should be noted that some Imperial Guard regiments include both male and female troopers. The “Lucky” 7th is one such regiment)
Platoon Leader:
Commissar:
Platoon Sergeant:
1st Squad leader:
Assorted 1st Squad members: (anyone not taking one of the above roles)
Various enemy forces: (they will fight several different types of enemies and I’m more than willing to share the fun/job of portraying the ‘bad guys’)

Captives:
Captured, taken, enslaved. Several Imperial citizens and warriors have been taken by the Dark Eldar, and transported to the Dark Eldar’s fortress city, hidden deep in the Webway. With little or no hope of rescue they must hold onto what little hope they have. Will they attempt to escape? Will they break under the whip and become loyal slaves to their Xenos masters? Or will they start a slave uprising, the likes of which will shake the walls of the city itself?

Key rolls to cast:

Dark Eldar Archon:
Dark Eldar Wych cult leader:
Dark Eldar Haemonculus:

Captured Imperials: 3-4 captured characters. Once again any Imperial forces are ok as long as you can explain them/portray them well.

Let it Burn! :
Nexos VII a planet on the outer edge of the Empirum, a calm peaceful place, similar in climate and environment to what records say Old Terra was like, at least until today. Today war is clouding Nexo’s skies.  Several enemies of man have landed on the planet for their own reasons, only to be met by the forces of the Empire, each one intent on securing the planet for their own reasons. Only one side will come out the victor, which will it be?

*notes* Has the potential to be the biggest/most ambitious of the stories, it would also be the most systemic. With us employing the WH40K system (I know it quite well so I’d have no problem GM’ing, I also have the ability to provide values for each player/make sure everything is balanced) very similar in nature to Dawn of War (if you remember the game) with several different armies fighting for the same space. Each player would either command their own group or be part of another player’s group. The scope of the role play could be either the entire theater of war, or possibly smaller forces from each army seeking to secure the same strategic location, either way should this story win the vote, we shall decide then *notes*

Key Rolls to be cast:
Several different commanders: (no more than 1 per ‘army’ for instance Space Marines and Imperial Guard would be separate armies) 
Commanders Lieutenants(optional):

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Idej

I am fine with whatever.

But a Dark Heresy game might be intriguing too.

Urbanzorro

Ok so that's one whatever vote, and I've recieved a pm with a vote for "Inquisition", and "In the Guard"

So the current numbers are

In the Guard=1
Inquisiton=1
Captives=0
Let it Burn=0
Trapped=0

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

'In The Guard' and 'Let It Burn' are my two votes. I'd like to play as a tank commander in the first and probably an Ork nob, or maybe the Ork warboss, on the second. Big booms or more dakka.  :D

My only problem is that Im not keen on systems. Personal preference. I have a W40K core rule book on hand with me but I never get the chance to use it for anything except inspire a few stories.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

Ive got enough knowledge to GM if we decide on using WH40K as the system. I personally prefer free form as well. As I see it, If it comes to it being a systemed game It will be semi-systemed in the sense that conflicts in which the players can't agree upon who would win/what should happen. Would revert to using the system while players who can agree don't have to use it. (I find this method allows the flexability of a freeform game, while still being fair) and the current count is

In the Guard: 2
Inquisiton:1
Let it burn:1
Captives: 0
Trapped:0

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

sinoraa

Trapped... Tough In the Guard seems good to, i just like trapped the most. Tough In the Guard definitely got a lot more room, to screw around in.

Urbanzorro

My votes are for Inquisition, and Trapped, though as I've stated I'm 100 percent ok with playing what ever gets the most votes.

So that's
In The Guard: 3
Trapped:2
Inquistion:2
Let it Burn:1
Captives:0

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

HairyHeretic

Given I've been playing Chaos since the original Realms of Chaos era, I'd be quite happy to hunt down you lackeys of the Carrion God.  >:)

Ave Dominus Nox!
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Urbanzorro

Yayness, another Chaos enthusiast! any votes as to what game you'd prefer?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Xiddeus

I heard about a WAUUGHHH!!!

I mean, For the Emperor!

Whatever! Count me interested!
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!