Yet another 3.5 D&D campaign

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, November 23, 2009, 02:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Notice put up across the land

QuoteAttention all adventurers,  Lady Amara Appleton is seeking five to six qualified individuals to assist with a quest.   A search and rescue to find her beloved father.  Who has for the past two years has been missing.  After leaving on a quest to find  seven artifacts of great power. 

Inquiries can be made at the Boar's head Inn, in the city of Westin of Silestra. 

Character Creation

• Beginning level 1st
  • 32 point buy for attributes.
  • Max hit points
  • Standard starting gold per class
  • Open to all alignments.  (through subject to party makeup.)
  • All standard sources are allowed.
  • All races are allowed

Other notes

Druids, Wizards (I.E.  classes that study prepare spells) are restricted do to the nature of the campaign.

Supernatural abilities, spells  regarding dimensional travel, teleport etc, are restricted.

This is not open to the first come first serve.

Source campaign;  The Worlds Largest Dungeon.
(Approximate run time for campaign two years.)

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I think I'm definitely interested, but... could you clarify what you mean by 'All standard sources are allowed'? ^^;

DraconVentarii

I'm thoroughly interested as well! ^_^ I certainly want to join, even though I'm unfamiliar with such a role-playing system. It uses "dice" and other rpg-related things, yes? I don't mind being taught the ropes, so please, take me under your wing to learn?  :-)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 23, 2009, 02:59:04 PM
Hmm.  I think I'm definitely interested, but... could you clarify what you mean by 'All standard sources are allowed'? ^^;

A publish reference material.  Such as complete books, Frostburn etc.....

Quote from: DraconVentarii on November 23, 2009, 03:03:42 PM
I'm thoroughly interested as well! ^_^ I certainly want to join, even though I'm unfamiliar with such a role-playing system. It uses "dice" and other rpg-related things, yes? I don't mind being taught the ropes, so please, take me under your wing to learn?  :-)

Here is something to give you info on the system and what it details.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:System_Reference_Document

Kunoichi

Ah.  So Tome of Battle would be allowed in, for example?

Well, aside from the Shadow Hand maneuvers that allow teleportation, at least. ^^;

MzNurse

I'm in.  I'd  like to play a cleric.  Is Book of Erotic Fantasy an allowable source?
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

AthenaNude

I might be interested, though I know nothing of D&D beyond a little bit of 2nd edition (from a lonnnnnnnng time ago  ::) )  I had friends who played it in college.  I think it would be a scream to play a totally sexual D&D game.  I'd make a big buff female barbarian (a valkyrie, I think) who has something 'extra.'   ;)

I'll see about making a character this week.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 23, 2009, 03:23:18 PM
Ah.  So Tome of Battle would be allowed in, for example?

Well, aside from the Shadow Hand maneuvers that allow teleportation, at least. ^^;
Yes
Quote from: MzNurse on November 23, 2009, 04:04:29 PM
I'm in.  I'd  like to play a cleric.  Is Book of Erotic Fantasy an allowable source?

Yes

Quote from: AthenaNude on November 23, 2009, 04:16:05 PM
I might be interested, though I know nothing of D&D beyond a little bit of 2nd edition (from a lonnnnnnnng time ago  ::) )  I had friends who played it in college.  I think it would be a scream to play a totally sexual D&D game.  I'd make a big buff female barbarian (a valkyrie, I think) who has something 'extra.'   ;)

I'll see about making a character this week.

See link provided for  DraconVentarii to help familiarize with the 3.5 system.

Kunoichi

Alright.  Changeling Crusader, here I come. ;D

*goes off to make a character sheet*

Aiden

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=168651

I'll add a little bio and history later.

schnookums

I'd like to join as well if there's room :)

Isengrad

I would love to join in. I had most all The 3.5 books and enjoyed that system throughly.I would love to join in if you need another male adventurer.

original artwork by karabiner

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Aiden on November 23, 2009, 05:51:15 PM
I'm still in search of that DnD game that will actually be active, so let's give those one a try!

Any of you ladies have problems with orcs?   XD

Welcome and the goal is to have an active on going campaign.   The setting  a 857pg campaign, took my home group three years to run through. 

Quote from: schnookums on November 23, 2009, 06:13:54 PM
I'd like to join as well if there's room :)
Quote from: Isengrad on November 23, 2009, 07:02:59 PM
I would love to join in. I had most all The 3.5 books and enjoyed that system throughly.I would love to join in if you need another male adventurer.
Quote from: Isengrad on November 23, 2009, 07:02:59 PM

Welcome to both of you.  With that said, I am cutting the recruiting  here.   Anyone else that expresses interest will be on a wait and see if a slot opens up. 

Isengrad

wonderful, one question I'm a little rusty with the 35 point buy system.. i'm trying to look it up on D&Dwiki but its slow going. could you give a refresher?

Kunoichi

Point-Buy Calculator for you, Isengrad.

And the opening post says 32, not 35. ^^;

Isengrad

Ohhh, thank you very much. let me just find my class. thinking of a kundalani from the book of erotic fantasy.

Revolverman

Put me on the waiting list please.

Katina Tarask

Heh.  Folks seem to be jumping on this one.

*Not expressing interest, as she has enough on her plate at the moment.*

BenedictWolfe

I could be interested, though I've never played with dice on a messageboard before. But it would be as a NE human duskblade, if I were to join.

Kunoichi

Benedict, you might want to fully read through the thread. >>; The roleplay is full, anyone else who wants to join will simply be put on the waiting list...

At any rate, my character sheet is nearly complete. ^^ I just need to know if there's any extra world information I need to take into account before working on the backstory and personality details.

Aiden

Updated my first post with a link to my sheet and a picture.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright  the current roster of players,  with tentative class.

Kunoichi                  Changeling Crusader,
DraconVentarii
MzNurse                cleric
AthenaNude
Aiden                     Orc  class????
Isengrad               kundalani
schnookums
Revolverman
BenedictWolfe       Duskblade

I have decided to let those that express an interest after I closed the  recruiting to come in.     Please let me know if you decide to bow out.      This gives a rather large group, this will be fine through.    As interaction will be primary between the characters.   As for sexual content that is up to the players themselves.  I can say that yes outside sources of npc antagonists will  occur in the course of the campaign with non consensual  scenes.    This is still a campaign and adventure.   So keep that in mind when creating characters. 

Campaign notes

A reminder when your making your characters.   The party basically will be in a dungeon for just about the whole of the adventure.   So it would behoove the party that someone plays a rogue or class with trap finding and disabling abilities.  As only the start of the campaign will be outside of the dungeon.    Also one or two meat shields be nice.

Also some of you that play certain characters races, alignment combination.    Will have the chance to start in the dungeon. 

As mentioned in the write up,  dimension door,  teleports are limited.    You cannot due to the magic and build of the dungeon exit the dungeon.  However you can teleport from one spot to another within it.   However, abilites that allow you to cross over into another dimension such as the shadow plane.   Regardless if it is within the dungeon does not work.   Keep in mind that this will apply to even magical items. 

The reason why a Druid is restricted,  is for two reasons a caster cannot summon within the dungeon.  Which includes not just the Druid but other magical classes.     As for the  Druid, he or she will not be able to replace  his companion if lost.   And only a few sections really allow the Druid to use full extent of abilities minus the summoning.   

Non spontaneous casters,  i.e Wizards that study and prepare spells.   Restricted simply because you will not automatically get spells for your spell book.  The dungeon will have scrolls to be found.   However, this will put such a character at a disadvantage.   So keep that in mind if deciding to select such a class.

The dungeon is not automatically with light sources.   So keep that in mind when equipping.   As well as other supplies.   The party will have to be self reliant.   So prepare as if for a long trip.   As this leads to encumbered.   I  will not be anal over it.  Thou it will come into play.  Especially with the nature of certain sections of the dungeon.   As far as back story of your character, anything you desire.  As it will be interwoven into the campaign  as backdrop of the world. 

In addition to your character sheet.      Please include a back ground.   Most of the character generators have a section to put in a background for the character.   

I will shortly this afternoon make the ooc thread and profile thread.    Once up go ahead and list your characters in the profile thread.

Once again thanks to all for your interest in this campaign.   

Side note

One of the things that we incorporated in the home game.   That will work well here.  Is my home game we had a large party of ten players.   However week to week we only averaged six to seven.  As work, school with some attending Depaul and UIC.    Those players were there, but in the background when not in attendance.  They did not accrue experience during those times.   Thus the same here, to keep the game moving as the party moves along through the dungeon.  As real life will sometimes take people away.   

Aiden

Tagan

Is it too late to apply now?  I've got a character sheet and all prepared, I've been watching this thread, hoping I'd be approved in time.

And Aiden... Aiden from Mythweavers?

Revolverman

oooh, thank you!

I'm going to be a Chaotic Good Cleric, if thats ok.