Earthdawn ED2

Started by Lancis, September 05, 2006, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

any interest in an Earthdawn adventure? :)

second edition will play in system so not freeform.
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

GoldenChild

Darwishi

What exactly is Earthdawn?

Muse

Ooh...  Earthdawn hentai?  I'm in! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GoldenChild

Well that was a concept...

Hmmm should you go obsidiman or windling on this one?...

Lancis

Earthdawn is a game based in of all places the Shadowrun world, of course medieval times...

the races

Elves
Dwarves
Humans
T'skrang- (think dinosaur)
Obsidiman- (rock man)
Windling- (pixies, sprites)
Trolls
Orks

All are "name givers" (ie races that name their young) and Earthdawn is a non alignment world so you are judged by your deeds and therefore grow by your "legend" not your experience (tho it does work that way)

The world is called Barsaive, and some time ago a great scourge swept the land, they were called Horrors and they lived up to their names. Those who survived survived by building underground cities called "Kaers" (cares), which were warded to protect them from the horrors.

Now it would seem the Scourge has passed and people of all races are venturing above ground.

Its a more difficult system then D&D since to hit and damage are decided by "step dice" rather then a Thaco and so forth, lets put it this way in Earthdawn you reroll your high results (6 on a d6, so on) so a windling can walk up to a dragon and technically kill it simply by smacking it in the nose. (technically, never seen the rolls happen, but it could.)
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz