Itchy & Scratchy for the Game Gear.

Jag

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

Gah...Waste of my money and time.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Inkidu

Quote from: Samael on March 25, 2010, 12:04:03 PM
Add "Legendary" to the crap pile.
I actually played and beat that one. Could have been so much freaking better.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Garrbear

Quote from: Sabby on January 27, 2010, 01:34:52 AM
Darksiders. It can go jump in a microwave.
I really liked Darksiders. I mean, sure, it was totally and unapologetically derivative of the LoZ series, and I have a friend who will scream up and down about the Portal gun thing, but those just make me love it more.

It's the "Hardcore, edgy Legend of Zelda" game I've been pining for since I was 13.

I would say FFX, but that's been beaten like a dead horse. Oblivion was trodding and so slow paced and I really had no incentive to actually progress. Yet... I love Fallout 3. Weird, huh?
O/Os

Injustice for awkward, living situated casualties.

Lirliel

Not really, Fallout 3 had some semblance of story and at least decent voice actors that made you feel a little.

Oblivion was dungeon after dungeon after dungeon, then a shitty end-fight where you basically did nothing but light a fire oh and try and keep EVERYONE alive. And after that's it's like, "You saved Tamriel, good job, now.. fuck off", the only good part of Oblivion was the Shivering Isles expansion and the Dark Brotherhood missions.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sabby

Actually, I've since taken back what I said of Darksiders. I gave it a second try and couldn't put it down. Though War looks like a retard who's not alowwed outside without hockey gear on... look at the head/shoulder ratio! Its like a Tennis ball on top of a fucking fridge!

And I liked Legendary :)

Alric Sanosake

Bujinjai: The Forbidden City... WORSE GAME EVER.... Crappy story, horrendous voice acting, stupid main character... its a WORTHLESS GAME
I am the king... I am the god... I am the warrior... I am the husband... I am the father... but inside... I am truly the beast. The beast that ravishes, murders, and pillages. You ask who I am? I am the Wolf King. I am Alric. Fear me

Heaven Sent Blossom

I'd like for Final Fantasy 7 to be erased from history, not just my memory. However that's less because of the quality of the game itself and more because of the detrimental impact it has had on the business model of Square--and also the type of people I tend to meet who rate it as "best RPG evar!" don't help it's case for me either.

Darksiders was a pretty terrible experience for me. Now it might have been better received had I not gone into it on the back of a run through of Bayonetta, however when you sell a game to me as "Zelda meets God of War" you set a certain level of expectation for your combat. When you fail to reach in the same ballpark as that expectation you are basically a bad person and I will never trust you again.

It pains me to mention Dynasty Warriors 6 here, however that game was such a tremendous disappointment for me. They basically took every negative thing that people had said about the DW combat system and decided to model the new combat on those comments. I liked the understated depth of the old combat system, I liked that you could play it as a button masher or you could vary it up and use lots of different combos and elemental effects. I do not like just pressing X until everything is dead, and I dislike even more the fact that this system makes me unable to hype up the Fist of the North Star game in any way just in case they haven't learnt anything from this mistake.

Also Too Human, but that should really be a given.

Hemingway

A lot of people mentioning Darksiders, I see. I didn't really find it that bad, but I did get rid of it before even playing through it once. It had way too much in common with Devil May Cry 4 for my tastes. Also, War as a character had so much potential that was never used. An Arthas look-alike spouting overly dramatic one-liners isn't really my idea of a good character.

Lady Ayame

I really really really wish a friend of mine never introduced me into World of Warcraft. I was addicted immedietly.

3 years, 3 level 80 characters and god knows how much of my life was wasted on this game, I finally looked out my window and went "wow it's a really pretty day outside, I haven't seen one of those in a while"
it also didn't help that all the shit I worked really hard for back in the day (mounts etc) were suddenly very very very easy to come by once all the little kids began to complain. it made all that work I did feel useless.

it got to the point that I was simply there on WoW because I had nothing better to do, it got BORING. I did nearly everything, and don't even get me started on all the fucking guild drama.
So finally when my best friend in the guild left to go to the Navy, I finally went outside. Forcystus and I still call and text all the time though, IDK how a guy I've never met except online as a little digital blood elf can become one of my best friends, I still don't remember what the fuck his real name is though.

in short, STAY AWAY FROM WOW.
it will suck your soul away, my first college boyfriend and I would play it together all the time, but it's been a few years since I last saw him and I have NO significant memories with him other than playing WoW.

Lady Ayame

Also, I just picked up a copy of Sims 3 from Ebay and I HATE IT. It's gotten so... cluster-fucky.... like WAY too much is going on and it's really just... cluster-fucky....I can't find a better way to describe it.

any opinions on this? I used to LOVE the sims (1 +2)

Nocti

Haze - The storyline was sub-par, the voice acting was pretty terrible and the vehicle controls were well..plain terrible. Didn't help that this was a PS3 exclusive that came out when Modern Warfare 1 was at it's peak. The guns were fun to shoot, but ..eh.

Devil May Cry 4 - This one is more of a fanboy rant. I was a huge fan of the DMC series, and I felt this one was sub-par compared to the others. A lot of people hated 2, but I felt it was the B-Rated movie of the franchise, and it has a special place in my heart. Four on the other hand, was just plain bad, and it didn't help that my disc had an error in it that allowed me to purchase two sets of upgrades, but they were not usable in game, even after defeating every difficulty up to the last one (Hell and Heaven if I recall correctly.)

Resident Evil 5 - What. The. Hell. Where's the survival horror aspect? Where's my unkillable enemies that I -have- to run from, where is the worrying about ammo and general feeling of never being safe? Instead I have teamwork, easily obtainable ammo even on veteran difficulty and a action adventure shooter instead of a survival horror adventure. Blah, lame.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Oh man, I forgot all about Haze. It's amazing that a developer with such a history of excellent FPS games behind them could create something so very terrible. Honestly if it hadn't basically put Free Radical out of business then I would be convinced it was some elaborate prank they had played on Sony.

LIAR

Lots of WoW hate, but I love it! Then again, I play it as a game and not because it's an addiction unlike most people who've picked it up.

I'm not a big fan of any fighting game. I find them boring, button-mashing experiences. I guess it's nice to play with a group of friends, but even then it's 'meh.'

Most other games I've picked up I've found some redeemable quality to, so no real complaints. And I've played them all at least twice =D

Sabby

Justice League: Heroes.

"Superman! Batman! Wonder Woman! Martian Manhunter! Flash! Green Lantern! And Zatana the Magician!!" "...who? o.O" "...Zatana the Magician" "Yeah, I got that, but wheres Hawk Girl?" "Who?" "Hawkgirl! She's on the original team of seven!" "N-no, no, thats Zatana..." "Fuck off it is, why is some nobody who only had a tiny cameo in the cartoon replacing Shiara, my favourite character?! And since when did anyone in the show call 'Jonn' Martial Manhunter?" "...look! Robots! =D Batman and Superman are fighting robots!" "...-___-' that looks nothing like them... they sound nothing like them... did you watch the cartoon at all?" "...erm... Hey, its a Brainiac bossfight, over there!" "Oh fuck off..."

Lirliel

Quote from: Lady Ayame on March 30, 2010, 03:07:47 PM
Also, I just picked up a copy of Sims 3 from Ebay and I HATE IT. It's gotten so... cluster-fucky.... like WAY too much is going on and it's really just... cluster-fucky....I can't find a better way to describe it.

any opinions on this? I used to LOVE the sims (1 +2)

Agreed, borrowed the game from my mom. And I tried to play it but it's so 'open' that your like, "So what do I do?", "Whatever you want!", "Yeah I get that, but the how and why?", "Do whatever you want!", "..nevermind, summoning the uninstall wizard"
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

GolGol

Final fantasy VIII through XIII. Just horrible games. With the exception for Final fantasy IX, which was good enough.

The Sims games. They are just plain bad :p

Wow. I played it a lot and lost a girlfriend because of it, so no more :p
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Spell

Final Fantasy XIII, once I 1000/1000 it. Grinding never was so boring and unrewarding....
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Cardwolf

WoW...I can concurr with the others here...it sucks your soul away all you wanna do is play it...I was the 3rd best healer in my realm Akuma...and I played on dial up....so much freaking guild drama, never got my damn drops.  I was so happy when I finally got away from it, though it happened because of an error with my internet company that made it impossible to play.  (Net went from 56K to 24.4K)

Dragoneer's Aria for Psp...waste of new dollars for that game...played it for ten minutes and trashed it.  Combat is unfulfilling, story line is stupid and cliche, characters are flat and graphics need work.

midwestgal

Final Fantasy XII - the camera angles actually made me dizzy. I kind of felt bad because the husband got it for me for Christmas
Tales of Legendia - I have no idea where to start on this one. Yes, the story line was interesting, but it was so..I don't know..cliched too. I think it might have had to do something with coming fresh off of finishing Tales of Symphonia, so I was probably expecting something like that.
WoW - just got burned out on that. I don't feel like going back even though the husband has tried to get my interest in it again. I just don't have the energy to be up as late as he is to do it any more.
"He cannot be a part of me. Batman does not eat nachos!" - Batman, The Brave and The Bold

Aftiel

Sacred 2, aside from the great sense of humor the game creators had, that game is just bad, its a hack and slash with control issues, combos that make you worse with your skills than if you used them individually and a few other things.

Another in a similar genre is Divinity 2 ego draconis Its pretty, starts off fast with its story, is really customizable (i love it that) but after you get going and start actually using skills to fight regularly it gets ridiculously annoying, you wind up needing to wait for 5-10 minutes between groups of enemies to regenerate health and mana, because natural regen is slow as fuck, you cant blow up normal enemies in your dragon form, you also need to jump from a cliff or something similar to transform, and the story and quests really don't give you much direction to go into after you get to the battle-tower... Another peeve is the enemies don't respawn... ever, theres no reason to go back anywhere, and if you missed an item it disappears after a while and you will never see it again, even if its a quest item, and you had better kill ever single enemy out there, cus if you don't you wont make max level and if you don't hit max level you're chances of beating the last boss drops by 50%.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

Sabby

Quote from: Aftiel on April 01, 2010, 01:26:52 AM
Sacred 2, aside from the great sense of humor the game creators had, that game is just bad, its a hack and slash with control issues, combos that make you worse with your skills than if you used them individually and a few other things.

Another in a similar genre is Divinity 2 ego draconis Its pretty, starts off fast with its story, is really customizable (i love it that) but after you get going and start actually using skills to fight regularly it gets ridiculously annoying, you wind up needing to wait for 5-10 minutes between groups of enemies to regenerate health and mana, because natural regen is slow as fuck, you cant blow up normal enemies in your dragon form, you also need to jump from a cliff or something similar to transform, and the story and quests really don't give you much direction to go into after you get to the battle-tower... Another peeve is the enemies don't respawn... ever, theres no reason to go back anywhere, and if you missed an item it disappears after a while and you will never see it again, even if its a quest item, and you had better kill ever single enemy out there, cus if you don't you wont make max level and if you don't hit max level you're chances of beating the last boss drops by 50%.

I commend you for making it that far...

The Exiled

Final fantasy XIII has actually been a big let-down. The voice-overs feel a bit too forced, and I feel like I've been forced into the middle of a storyline without any hope of dwelling upon and dreaming about potential foreshadowing. Worse, the combat system leaves much to be desired in use of actual skill. I've decided to just plug in my Playstation 2 and settle for good old Final Fantasy Tactics, V or VII.

Another game I can't stand to play again is Starfox Adventures, since it wanders too far from the Starfox canon story that I anticipated since the cancellation of Starfox 2 when I was a child.

Sabby

Pretty much all the Turok games on the N64. Because if MK has taught us anything, its that being extremely violent can't make up for clunky controls.