Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Well, in regards of prana - It doesn't seem like everyone are able to utilize it. Either that, or they are able to, they just don't use it. Saber (Arthuria) uses it commonly, while a lot of other servants don't tend to use it at all. Caster is the main exception to this since he is the only class that can supplement himself with mana, and therefor can in theory live without a master to keep him present.

In the last episode of the first season of Fate/Zero, when Arthuria uses her Noble Phantasm, yellow orbs started to flow towards her, which Irisviel referred to as "The wishes of fallen warriors" or something among those lines. Now, this is just a theory, but I would therefor assume that Prana comes from the souls of dead people? It makes sense in my head at least :P Regardless, that would also explain why we didn't see any of the same orbs when Arthuria used Excalibur for the second time, since they were inside a building, unlike the first, when they were outside. I don't think we ever got to see Arthuria using the Prana Burst ability when she was inside a building either.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Orochimaru

Garuss, while I work on my master. Would I be able to make him favor more of the Rider, assassin or caster class?

MelisaArtemis

Well... caster is taken unfortunately~ he can want her but he won't get her :P

Orochimaru

Thinking about it... No one would want my character.... Looking it over.... too dark and morbid....

On second thought, let's roll with it. In the immortal words of Danny Sexbang.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 20, 2014, 12:12:09 AM
Well, in regards of prana - It doesn't seem like everyone are able to utilize it. Either that, or they are able to, they just don't use it. Saber (Arthuria) uses it commonly, while a lot of other servants don't tend to use it at all. Caster is the main exception to this since he is the only class that can supplement himself with mana, and therefor can in theory live without a master to keep him present.

In the last episode of the first season of Fate/Zero, when Arthuria uses her Noble Phantasm, yellow orbs started to flow towards her, which Irisviel referred to as "The wishes of fallen warriors" or something among those lines. Now, this is just a theory, but I would therefor assume that Prana comes from the souls of dead people? It makes sense in my head at least :P Regardless, that would also explain why we didn't see any of the same orbs when Arthuria used Excalibur for the second time, since they were inside a building, unlike the first, when they were outside. I don't think we ever got to see Arthuria using the Prana Burst ability when she was inside a building either.

I use the Type-Moon Wiki as my source. ^^; It's compiled based on information in the games, books, and statements made by the authors, so it's generally considered fairly accurate.  The link I listed goes to the entry on Prana, and gives both a basic overview on how it's supposed to work, along with some hard numbers at the bottom.  I'd especially like to point out the numbers given for various activities by Saber at the very bottom.

Basically, when it comes to supporting the existence of a Servant, two things are needed.  The contract with a Master is necessary to provide an anchor tying the Servant's spirit to reality, and then there's an upkeep cost in Prana that's needed to counteract the effects of the world itself trying to erase the Servant from existence, because they're already dead and thus shouldn't be up and walking around.  Anything that would require the Servant to expend energy (such as fighting) can increase this cost, and anything that would cut down on the Servant's energy expenditure (such as sleeping, or going into spirit form) would similarly decrease the cost.  Naturally, activating a Noble Phantasm will generally require a huge expenditure of Prana in order to support its miraculous effects.

Overall, though, I wouldn't worry too much about tracking Prana usage.  I think the general assumption being made is that the Masters in this game are all competent Magi, and so you can stick to a more narrative take, with regular fighting being easy to handle, and only the big, flashy stuff really requiring Master and Servant to spend some time recovering.

pendarious

It should be noted that in Fate/Stay Night's visual novel it actually states that if a servant kills his or her master servants outside of the Archer and Caster class usually only last three days without making a new contract. Caster because of their own innate Prana/Mana and Archer because of it's Autonomous action ability.

In regards to Media she actually did have a contract with Soichirou as discussed in the visual novels his command seal was hidden from view most of the time though. It was revealed that the murders around Fuyuki were used in a ritual to keep Gilgamesh around which is actually a rather odd thing because the end of Fate/Zero points out that Gilgamesh had "Encarnated" or whatever....so perhaps the authors forgot about Fate/Stay Nights revelation with Gilgamesh......but then again this is revealed only in the FATE route...both Unlimited Blade Works and Heavens Feel take some really twisted turns though.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Kunoichi

The murders around Fuyuki were Medea's work, actually.  Kuzuki made a contract and so was able to act as her anchor to the world, but he had no ability whatsoever to provide her the prana she needed, so she had to suck out peoples' souls to sustain herself.

As for Gilgamesh, getting incarnated into a physical body basically just bumped his Independent Action skill up from 'can remain in the world for a week without a Master' to 'lol, the King of Heroes has no need to contract with some filthy mongrel'.  He still needs a prana source, though, which is why Kotomine keeps all those orphans chained up in his basement...

pendarious

see......this is why the Visual Novel was confusing because the wording gets really really vague sometimes. It has been a while since I played it but I vaguely remember Media denying having been responsible for the murders and Kotomine claiming responsibility but of course as I said "Vaguely" so I could easily be wrong *shrugs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

1SAZ

Interest is had here. I think I could come up with a Master if there's still room like it looked. I certainly liked the series in general.

MelisaArtemis

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Medea was responsible for sucking life force from the people in the cities, that was why there was rumour about gas leak at the beginning. There is however, no confirmation that anyone died from her action. The same can be said about Rider's blood barrier at the school. Gilgamesh was confirmed to have used the kidnapped children as prana source, there is also the suspicion that he bathed in the grail's content during the fourth war which was why he could survive for so long.

Btw... I wish noone will ever say the dumb phrase in this RP... Seriously... if there is 1 phrase in FSN that I absolutely hate its "People die when they are killed!!" No shit, Shirou....

pendarious

*face palms* that god awefull phrase.

Drake Valentine

Sadao: "People die when they are killed." Very serious face.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 20, 2014, 02:26:26 AM

Sadao... You die first....

Orochimaru

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 20, 2014, 02:26:26 AM

My character: That sentence was most... illogical.

MelisaArtemis

Speaking of character, Orochi. I can't find yours in this thread ._.

Moon Hound Hati

Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

pendarious

I'm also for killing Sadao because of that

MelisaArtemis

Aaaand an alliance is born XD

Garuss Vakarian

"People die when they are killed." >_< Man. Almost as bad as hearing

Orochimaru

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on June 20, 2014, 02:34:35 AM
Speaking of character, Orochi. I can't find yours in this thread ._.

He still is in creation yet. I am finalizing it before I send it off to Garuss. I just had to say something about him. =P Granted, my character would want to open up Sadao's skull to see if he had any working brain cells. No guarantee he would live through the painful procedure.

Moon Hound Hati

Question: how do you obscure text like was done with Berserker's character sheet?
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Kunoichi

Some website or other.  Be warned that you'll have to insert line breaks manually.

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 20, 2014, 02:55:24 AM
Some website or other.  Be warned that you'll have to insert line breaks manually.

Much obliged.

BlackLightning

So... I'm waiting for confirmation from Garuss

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on June 20, 2014, 02:34:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYEImof8UU

You don't say?

Best quote ever.

I could never finish that anime. I think I stop around the part with Shirou and Saber using Excalibur.

Hope remake is better, supposedly it is going to be an original/non-cannon route.

Also go at Sadao at your own characters risk. ^.^

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused}