Shadowfist High School [Interest Check/Recruitment]

Started by Ciosa, July 17, 2016, 08:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciosa

Great concept, Relikai.  Concept is approved - I'll post it in the character sheet thread once I open one up, but in the meantime I would throw out your face claim and give people a brief sense to your character so people can form relationships/introductions.  I'm generally against divulging the past of any character - I much prefer characters discover one another in play.

Relikai

Awesome, thanks!!

Face Claimed - Kashiwagi Yuki

Name - Katori Yuki

Character type - A martial artist trained in three forms of unarmed combat (Judo, Akkido, Karate), a capable fighter with references to the Ice Queen + Model Student trope,  with an air of arrogance because she's confident of her skills (She's not necessarily 'good' compared to SHS standards, but she's confident of her own skills because of her past of beating formidable opponents.)

She's not anti-social, more to asocial due to her individualism, but she won't turn anyone away on first contact when approached outside of training.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ciosa

No rush.   I plan to be recruiting for a bit yet.

HairyHeretic

Are you planning on keeping the archtypes from Feng Shui?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ciosa

I'm using the archetypes from Feng shui 2, but I placed them up on the wiki.

Character Creation made simple.

Ciosa

Also, the second post of the thread is now active face claims.  If you know your face claim but don't have a character sheet done - or aren't even sure if you'll play, but think you might - feel free to throw in the face claim now.

CurvyKitten

Tentatively interested pending a solid concept coming together for me. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

*snip* Bah. Nevermind. Not sure I'm happy with her.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Ciosa

A quick note, since the question has come up more than once.

Students newly arriving at Shadowfist High School are freshman.  They can be sixteen to eighteen, but their physical age has nothing to do with their starting year.  Generally, anyone older than eighteen is on their own, and won't be accepted into the school.  Once accepted, they will endure four and a half months of being a 'first term' freshman, and then four and a half months of being a second term freshman.  At every term, they will undergo a potentially lethal final exam.  Once they've completed two exams, they are promoted to the next grade.  They have a week of down time between semesters, and then the cycle starts anew.  A senior who started school on their sixteenth birthday will be nineteen on the day they graduate.  Those who started later will be presumably older.

Also, the school is arranged much more like a college - there are dorms for each grade level, and a small amount of businesses which serve the students.  These include bars; there's no prohibitions against students of any year getting drunk.  (Post final celebrations are fairly legendarily debauched.  Teenagers + alcohol + a literal stay of execution)  None of the shops require compensation of any kind; they offer their goods to any student who wants them, but a student who consistently had behavior issues will have this privilege restricted. 

Classes don't have 'grades.'  While plenty of students compete to be the best in their class, all classes have a simple pass/fail basis.  Teachers issue grades as the course goes along, but these are mostly to entice students to shape up, or expect to die during finals. 

Finals are not competitive; each student is evaluated separately, and they are not made to kill one another.  Adversaries are played by robots, golems, and the occasional summoned demon.  Drivers don't race one another, martial artists don't fight one another - though they do PLENTY of that during the course of the semester.  It's strongly believed by students and teachers alike that competition with strong rivals is one of the best ways to ensure survival.

Ciosa

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 18, 2016, 03:56:41 PM
Tentatively interested pending a solid concept coming together for me. :)

Happy to have you!  Send me a PM if you need any help fleshing out ideas.  Good to see you again, too, Curvy.  :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Okay, now I think I know what face I want to use.

Claiming Katie Fey.

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Crash

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 18, 2016, 05:05:25 PM
Okay, now I think I know what face I want to use.

Claiming Katie Fey.

Smexy BP very smexy.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Bloodied Porcelain

Finished my sheet! So excited to have my southern belle approved and ready to go.

Ciosa

Once you've been approved, feel free to throw an introduction to your character and your pic into the thread.

Crash

Background done.  Now for getting it all in the character sheet!

Bloodied Porcelain

Name: Isabeau Delacroix
Archetype: Driver
Year: Freshman

The quintessential sweet southern belle, Isabeau Delacroix is the embodiment of "grace under pressure". A spine of steel accompanies an unfailing ability to be kind and compassionate to those around her. She's easy to befriend, and is unfailingly loyal to those she considers her friends. Impeccably well mannered, she finds it difficult to loosen up and have fun by the standards most people have, if only because she tends to get flustered by more modern sensibilities.

Crash

Bloodied Porcelain

We could really use some male characters in this game, it's looking a little boob-heavy. ::)

Crash

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 19, 2016, 07:06:20 AM
We could really use some male characters in this game, it's looking a little boob-heavy. ::)

That's a problem?

I would guess this will even out.  It usually does.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Crash on July 19, 2016, 08:41:28 AM
That's a problem?

I would guess this will even out.  It usually does.

It is if some of us are planning to play strictly hetero characters :p Which I am. lol

Crash

Ciosa

So an update - I'm flying today, and I have two days of fairly intense classroom ahead of me.   I'll be around minimally and probably throw in a hello at the breaks, but won't be around in a serious way until Saturday.

consortium11

Certainly interested; just thinking about some character concepts.

Crash

Quote from: consortium11 on July 19, 2016, 01:23:28 PM
Certainly interested; just thinking about some character concepts.

Hey Consortium.  Welcome aboard!