Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swashbuckler

I got it now Eden, thanks!

I think I will definitely have to try and craft something up once the character sheet and test are out.  *grin*

Blaed

I think I have gotten two of your pictures already Saerra :P But I don't see a third one -goes all secret agent and pulls out his goggles of thread hunting-

-waves back-

Saerrael

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 03, 2012, 10:52:34 PM
From the book it's about 6 hours due North of London which would make it outside Edinburgh...BUT it's probably in the highlands.

Ah! Thank you. That makes it easier to pinpoint it, coming from Ireland :)

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on January 03, 2012, 10:54:45 PM
I think I have gotten two of your pictures already Saerra :P But I don't see a third one -goes all secret agent and pulls out his goggles of thread hunting-

-waves back-

*griiins* good hunting!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Eden on January 03, 2012, 10:24:49 PM
I was baking cupcakes! I'm replying to it now, though, keep your knickers on

That is quiet impossible, I'm afraid :P

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 03, 2012, 10:38:35 PM
So... who else is going to be playing a first year?

*Raises hand*

Quote from: Eden on January 03, 2012, 10:42:49 PM
you have to sign on to the wiki using the name you used when you first joined.

Actually, you shouldn't really have to.  As long as you're signed into E, you should be able to access the Wiki.  <--I could be wrong though, I just don't remember ever having to sign on.

From the book it's about 6 hours due North of London which would make it outside Edinburgh...BUT it's probably in the highlands.

This would be assuming that the Hogwarts Express travels the same distance per hour that regular trains travel.  I like to think that it doesn't :P

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Quote from: Saerra on January 03, 2012, 10:51:15 PM
Did I miss where the UK school is situated, by the way?

A non-poisonous one *grins* Also doubting a very small toad would be very helpful, now that I think about it.
The blue one I posted is quite epic, though. If it's allowed to bend reality a bit and say it's not poisonous and about a hand full of toad, would that work?

*wafts a hand at*

One toad and you can charm it different colors, you might get extra credit, who knows.  XD

Saerrael

One toad is all I need *waggles eyebrows*

Zealously Jaded

True, I was going by the average train speed, it could go faster and end up in the Highlands.

Nadir

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2012, 11:00:19 PM
Actually, you shouldn't really have to.  As long as you're signed into E, you should be able to access the Wiki.  <--I could be wrong though, I just don't remember ever having to sign on.

That only works if you never change your E screen name.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on January 03, 2012, 11:00:44 PM
One toad and you can charm it different colors, you might get extra credit, who knows.  XD

Does this mean that Niall can have a magenta owl? o.O

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 03, 2012, 11:02:46 PM
True, I was going by the average train speed, it could go faster and end up in the Highlands.

<3  I think the Highlands are far more romantic, so I vote for that bwahahaha.

Quote from: Eden on January 03, 2012, 11:03:13 PM
That only works if you never change your E screen name.

You make a good point!  Touche!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Quote from: Saerra on January 03, 2012, 10:51:15 PM
Did I miss where the UK school is situated, by the way?

Well, they set off at 11 am, and keep travelling until after sun set which is at 8.05pm in Scotland on the 1st of September. Over nine hours. 

Zealously Jaded

I think I'm going to have this kitty and call it Cheshire.

Zealously Jaded

Shall we just agree it's in Scotland?

Nadir

I think it's in New Zealand and the wizards are trolling the noobs.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 03, 2012, 11:09:03 PM
Shall we just agree it's in Scotland?

I basically agree with this.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Blaed

Quote from: Eden on January 03, 2012, 11:11:57 PM
I think it's in New Zealand and the wizards are trolling the noobs.

I died reading this.... Just died. My room mates are looking at me like i am some kind of creeper now.

Nadir

Blaed

Alright, so I think that I have gotten my character sorted out, now for the background... Just need an idea... hrmmm.

CurvyKitten

I'm so in, ~runs off to read the wiki~ wow... you guys put so much work into it. It really looks amazing.

Nadir

I know right now we can choose almost any year to put our characters in, but what about our second character? Do they all have to be first years or do we get to pick again?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on January 03, 2012, 11:32:24 PM
Alright, so I think that I have gotten my character sorted out, now for the background... Just need an idea... hrmmm.

I will Pm you for plottage to! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Haloriel

I think I have a pretty decent idea of my character, and it does seem to make sense that Hogwarts is hidden somewhere in Scotland.

CurvyKitten

I have an idea that for my two different characters, but I'll just submit the second when I figure her out more and let the GM's stick her where they think she will fit.

Though my main concept has a older brother in a higher grade then she is at the school as well. Is that ok? Wanted to know before I work it all out in my head.

Kendra

Wow good morning to all the Hoggie gamers :P

could you all do myself and Aiden a huge favour here ... if asking us a question highlight it in color or bolden it so we can differentiate it from all the chatter ;)
it'll just make it easier is all.

Hogwarts has always been in Scotland as far as I was aware but completely unplottable so you lot at the moment as the muggles you are would not have a glimmer where it is :P
XD

just remember to keep the pets some bit realistic as well  ::)
you wouldn't see a Brazilian red eyed speckled owl indigenous only to the country in the cold wilds of the United Kingdom  ;)
(seriously don't think there is even such an owl)

I love seeing all the pets and visuals you guys are using for your characters.
Aiden has been trying to get me to play a student as well and am still considering it, if I do it'd be a firstie as well though.

Now just a heads up ... when we do post the sorting quiz, take your time to answer it. Answer it as if you are your character and not you personally, it does help to sort you a little better. Don't expect a reply pm straight away.
Patience is a virtue after all  O:)

Someone said they couldn't enter the wiki ... have you since been able to get on to it or is it simply the HogwartsAFuture page you can't click into?
If you can get to the wiki just scroll to the games and click there. From there simply scroll through the games to H and click on our game.

Thanks so much again for all the interest and compliments on the game, it means a lot.
We really look forward to playing with you guys ... okay that sounds pervy but tis true  >:)

<3

Nadir

Quote from: Eden on January 03, 2012, 11:53:07 PM
I know right now we can choose almost any year to put our characters in, but what about our second character? Do they all have to be first years or do we get to pick again?

::)

Kendra

you're a sweetie and thank you for boldening it  ;D

your second character can be what you would like it to be providing a very good character concept has been put forward ;)
So if you want an adult character or a student then that is perfectly fine.