SB Access

Started by Chamorus the Cat, November 05, 2010, 11:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chamorus the Cat

Is it mandatory that On Hold users do not get access to the SB? I ask simply because I planned on hanging around, seeing how things were going in the community, but I feel like, because I am now On Hold, I'm being 'punished' for not coming up to par. It's a little worse, since I'm the type that I am. I'm trying to figure out what I had done wrong or why I don't fit into the society that had warmed to me as it did. So then I'm restricted from even -seeing- what goes in the SB.

I just want to know... Is being On Hold truly just a "try again later" or is it a polite way to ask me to leave?

I was really hurt that I wasn't good enough to make it in, so I suppose I'm asking, why am I encouraged to stay if activities that were available to me are being taken away?

Thanks, Chammy

Oniya

I'm sure that a staff person will come along and give you more specific answers about the SB and what you can access, but I can tell you that I've seen several members apply successfully after the 'On Hold' period.  Have you read the sticky that was linked in your intro thread?  If I'm not mistaken, that is in a special forum that only staff and on-hold applicants have access to (I know that regular members don't), specifically for questions/concerns about the hold period.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

Removing SB access is standard procedure for applicants who have been place on hold. Feel free to continue using the parts of the forum you can see. Also, it would be helpful if you read this sticky, and asked any further questions on that board.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Cecilia

To answer your other question, being on hold is not an impediment to future membership.  I don't have the statistics, but a good number of folks have come back after six months and even a year on hold with success.  But, please do direct future questions to the forum to which you have been directed.  I answered the question her so our more curious members would know the answer as well.