007: Spy Games (Interest Check) Espionage/RPG

Started by Vostroya, December 18, 2014, 12:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

"No Mr. Bond I expect you to play!"

So have you ever wanted to play a character in a Bond movie or some type of spy movie? Perhaps the above picture has sparked your nostalgia?
But the question is...who will you play? Maybe the dashing spy looking for the clues? Perhaps your fancy is to play the evil henchman working to further the great plan? Or maybe you want to play both for maximum fun?

Then good news! This is a game for you!

So can I play as James Bond? Or other established characters? No! Thats too easy! We want original characters. Besides that would spoil all the fun! Why play as an established character when your mind can come up with so many different possibilities!

Can I play an agent from the CIA or other intelligence agencies? Absolutely! You will be going up against a big organization! You will need all the help...or competition...You can get!

What if I want to play a Villian? You can do that to! Sometimes playing the baddie is more fun than the good guy! They have to play by the rules! Villians don't...

But what if I want to play as both!? I love the enthusiasm! and yes you can! However there are special rules that would apply to you. Such as your villian and agent cannot fight or post together. They need to be separate, we want to keep it balanced!

Will there be romance and/or sex allowed? Yes it will be allowed! Though perhaps that whirlwind romance is just a play?.....

How the game will work:
The game will be mostly freeform with elements of simple dice rolls to play out combat and specific mission sequences. Such as a Villian and an Agent having a fight. One player will roll a Attack roll on the sites D20 roller. Then the player being attacked would roll a Defense roll, with the higher number of the two winning. The second player would then roll their own attack if they wanted to. The attack/defense rolls would continue until a set number of "hits" is reached. That person will be then considered beaten.

As for mission mechanics rolls. They would be used to accomplish difficult tasks. Such as hacking a computer, or stealthing past a lot of guards. Situations such as that. The rolls would be as follows. An agent wants to sneak past a group of guards. So he would roll a D20 for the move. The GM for the guards would also roll. The agent rolls a 16 while the guards roll a 10. The agent then has sneaked past the guards. If the agent fails the roll, that agent is considered to have made a noise or some other situation that leads the guards to become suspicious. Another dice roll is commenced and if the agent fails again, he is considered to be detected.

Any dice roll made however will need to have a description of what the objective of the roll will be. This will hopefully prevent someone who rolled an attack of 20 and the defender a 1 from just killing off the player in the next post.

Character sheet:
[float=left][img height=300] (Picture Here) [/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Virtue: (What your character is best at)[/b]
[b]Vice: (Your characters weakness)[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Off's:[/b]

Virtues and Vices explained: Since no one can be the best at everything and everyone has a weakness, this will be included in the game. Using a virtue in a game will allow the player to have an easier time doing the task that is in the purview of the virtue. Such as, a person with the virtue of computers would have a much easier time hacking computers. The opposite would be true for having to do a task that falls under the vice. Tasks or players using a vice against the opposing player will have a higher chance of succeeding against the vice of that player.

The First Mission

Atlas industries, a major government arms contractor, has recently had its weapons research lab in the Czech Republic raided by an unknown group. All we know is that the attack was carried out with a level of precision and planning that suggests a highly trained team. The latest in military technology that the corporation was designing was stolen. These prototypes are highly dangerous pieces of technology that in the wrong hands could jeopardize the national security of any first world nation.

A tip off has placed the stolen weapons being presented for sale and auction at a international arms conference in Estonia. We need the weapons found, identified, and taken back quietly to avoid international press on the matter.

*GM Updates
12/20/2014: Added "State of the World" thread. Also added a convenient "Game Links" spoiler tag to each game thread for easy browsing back and forth between threads.
1/2/2015 First mission in the game series has been posted and game is now active!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vostroya

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 18, 2014, 12:41:36 AM
So interested!  :>

Excellent! Glad to have you!

Have a preference of which side you would like to play on?

Ontan

Quick question about the 007 theme: Will it be following the most recent reboots (i.e. a more sophisticated, ‘realistic’ feel), or will it be harking back to the classics with ridiculous gadgets and supervillains bent on world domination?

There’s no wrong answer, incidentally – this sounds like a great idea either way. I’m just a little worried that half the players will go for the darker, classy theme while the other half opts for hat-throwing henchmen and jetpacks.
... Also, if it's the latter, I've thought up a truly abominable name for a henchman. 

Vostroya

While I am all for the newer style, I want a more light hearted tone for this game. Now does that mean it will be total camp? No the game will have its dark moments, but I really enjoy the Villains evil lairs and plots for world domination.

Ontan

Vercile

Name: Unknown (Agent 69: Code Name - Phoenix)

Personality: "No one really knows what she's really like, I've worked as her handler for three years and don't even know her name...." - Miranda Schneider
Virtue: It's Not Over Yet - Agent Six-Nine will always finish the mission.... one way or another.
Vice: In Good Conscience - Even as Ice runs through her veins, she is unable to kill anyone who she deems good... even if they are not.

History:

"The longer you remain in this business, the more dangerous it becomes..... at first you think it's for Queen and Country, protecting... and serving the people for a greater good of the world. But with each terrorist's throat you slit, each hackers brains you scatter across the floor, each war criminal you seduce and put to death... you yourself... die a little inside. And no matter how hard you try there are always loose ends that lead back to you, whether it's a foreign agency wanting answers as to why you were in their country when a "Clock Maker" is assassinated. Or perhaps when a hired assassin comes asking questions with a Barrett M82 after slitting the throat of a king-pin arms-dealer. Either way your face is out there, you're known and a lot of unsavory people want you dead... or worse. But there is one redeeming factor.... after years of "service" to your country, your heart freezes and your blood turns to ice... of course that only happens if you survive... and in this business, you do whatever it takes."
Partial Note Taken of Agent Six-Nine
Ons / Off's: O/O's

Vercile

There's an entire history I need to write out in a better tone too. But this is a start. :)

PhantomPistoleer

Name:  Agent 040

Personality:  Agent 040 is a straight-laced Englishman who just happens to like fast cars.  He has a meticulous nature and is incredibly organized.  Agent 040 can be friendly and funny, but he is naturally inclined to be reserved.  Nothing excites or bothers him.  He is very cool under pressure.

Virtue:  Agent 040 is an excellent wheelman, and is able to perform nearly impossible car stunts.  He possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of every make and model, and can perform emergency jury-rigs to temporarily increase an automobile's performance.  While other agents enjoy the finer things in life during their off-time, Agent 040 can usually be found tinkering away at the agency's garage.
Vice:  Agent 040 ranked in the lower third of his class when it came to marksmanship and hand-to-hand fighting.

History:  Agent 040 is an Englishman from Durham, graduated from Eton, and entered Her Majesty's Service at the age of 20.  He has been employed as a field operative for nearly ten years, and specializes in vehicular extractions.  He is gifted with a near precognitive knowledge of urban geography and traffic flow, making him an ideal driver on any terrain.  Although Agent 040 prefers to be on land, he is also an exceptional helicopter pilot.

He has been an operative on a number of successful missions, both in the UK and abroad.  Agent 040 is known to be dependable, and his cool demeanor is usually a sight for sore eyes for many fleeing agents.

His car of preference is his personalized black 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454.

Ons:  See O/O
Off's:  See O/O
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Foxy DeVille

Jaws had his teeth. Tee Hee had his hand. This woman has something else...

Name: Major Titanya Toppov

Personality: An adrenalin-addicted amazon of action. Titanya fights, lives, loves, and fucks hard. Completely loyal to whatever cause she serves, be it Mother Russia or her current employer. Due to a combination of her own unique talents and her belief in putting the needs of the mission above her own, she enters deadly scenarios without fear.
Virtue: Titanya is a highly trained special forces soldier. In addition to being skilled in weaponry such as firearms and knives, she is a master of the Russian martial arts of Sambo and Systema, even adapting them to suit her unique advantages. Her reputation as a fighter, somewhat inflated by interagency gossip, wll sometimes demoralize a foe who is aware of it.
Vice: Not exactly the subtle sort, Titanya will frequently follow her baser instincts and charge in headfirst into a situation. Somewhat vain about her close combat skills, Titanya will choose to fight hand to hand at times when a bullet would be much simpler. She also has problems keeping an outfit intact but doesn't really seem to mind this much, if at all.

History: Born in Saint Petersburg, Titanya Toppov is the daughter of a proud Red Army soldier who taught her how to take care of herself in a fight. She followed in her father's footsteps and joined the Russian Ground Forces after she discovered the limited opportunities for a female mixed martial artist. Titanya proved to be quite exceptional and was selected to join a counter-terrorism unit. She served with distinction for seven years and rose to the rank of major. While fighting Chechen separatists, Titanya dived on a grenade to save her comrades. Although gravely wounded in the chest, she managed to barely cling to life. Her body was rescued, not by her fellow soldiers, but by an unknown benefactor.

Flown to a secret facility, Titanya was selected to be the first subject of Projekt Delta Delta. Her damaged chest was rebuilt using a highly puncture resistant artificial skin backed by a pair of implants containing an impact dampening gel. Her spine, sternum, and ribs were reinforced with a shatterproof ceramic and the pain receptors in the upper torso were rewired to send endorphins into her brain. When the scientists were done, Major Titanya Toppov had become... the Girl with the Bulletproof Bust!

With her new enhancements, Titanya was ready to return to action as an operative for her mysterious savior, to whom she feels a deep debt of honor towards. She discovered many uses for her breasts in addition to stopping bullets. She could ride down a zip-line using clamps on pasties, which allowed her to keep her hands free to fire guns. She also learned to neutralize opponents by knocking them out by slamming their heads into her chest or smothering them in her bosom. These techniques have caused her fellow soldiers of fortune to nickname her "Torture Rack" Toppov.

Over the past year or so, Titanya has engaged in a variety of missions where violence is expected. These have all taken place outside of Russia due to her refusal to directly harm her motherland or its people. While facial recognition technology has exposed her identity in spite of her use of hair dyes and wigs to conceal it, no intelligence agency has been able to learn how she has survived many potentially lethal firefights or why she left the Spetsnaz to begin with. This has made her something of a legend in the black ops world.

Ons: The alterations done to her have turned Titanya into quite the aficionado of breast torture. She has also become an exhibitionist and loves showing off her secret weapons. Titanya keeps morale up in her mercenary unit through gangbangs, taking at least one comrade in every orifice. It is said she had received a special gold medal in watersports from the Russian Olympic Committee and her relationship with her wolfhound Rasputin seems very close.

Off's: Titanya has no interest in pregnancy since it would derail her career. She thinks scat is a symbol of western decadence.

Vostroya

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vostroya

Now I'm kinda said she works for the good side...

Foxy DeVille

She could be a friendly rival. Or henchwoman for the Big Bad.

Vostroya

Haha, cause I am getting a very Xenia Onatopp vibe from her. I think she would be awesome on the bad side

1SAZ

I do love me some 007 and the announcement for the next Bond movie does have me pretty excited. I'm definitely interested and wouldn't mind joining in.

Vostroya

Quote from: 1SAZ on December 18, 2014, 06:38:16 PM
I do love me some 007 and the announcement for the next Bond movie does have me pretty excited. I'm definitely interested and wouldn't mind joining in.

We would love to have you

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Vostroya on December 18, 2014, 06:34:11 PM
Haha, cause I am getting a very Xenia Onatopp vibe from her. I think she would be awesome on the bad side

We could figure something out. Like either she decided to go where the money is or the baddies were behind Projekt Delta Delta and now she's loyal to them for saving her life.

Vostroya

Quote from: Foxy Oni on December 18, 2014, 06:58:17 PM
We could figure something out. Like either she decided to go where the money is or the baddies were behind Projekt Delta Delta and now she's loyal to them for saving her life.

I like the second option. Gives her that henchwoman feel to it

1SAZ

Name: Miles O'Connor

Personality: Calm, collected, and charming, Miles is the exception to the normal Irish stereotype that has plagued his people for years. Fun loving and care free, there is very little that can really break the smiling look of the cold killer for hire. However, if there was one thing that could get a man on Miles' bad side, it would be stiffing him out of his payment for a job. While there are few things that the man truly loves, a good fight and a fine glass of Irish whiskey do tend to top the list.
Virtue: A master killer for hire, Miles has made a name for himself as a mechanic by bringing about death where few can access. While he has little thought about killing a man for a paycheck, his ethics are what make him a common choice for criminals the world over. He prefers to leave few witnesses and minimal collateral damages, but he has never shied away from getting his hands dirty when necessary.
Vice: Like any man, Miles claims he is without flaw, but there are many things that have nearly brought him down in the past. His love of women has been his achilies heel in past hits, nearly costing him a fortune and his life. His love of money is even greater, to the point where he has double crossed the man who hired him when the pay was better on the other side of the fence.

History: While the earliest parts of Miles' life has been shouded in mystery, the earliest known reports that government agencies and crime bosses can account for are his early involvements in Boston as a runner for the Irish mob. at the age of 17, Miles was first arrested for extortion and assault, a scrawny boy with nothing going for him. Spending only a year in jail, Miles was released on good behavior after charming his psychiatrist into believing he had reformed. Notation in his records at the time hint at a relationship, but nothing has been confirmed. As soon as the man was released, a string of crimes had been been noted in the Boston area, deaths with little evidence. Over the years, crime bosses have come forward to speak of the boogieman that could walk into a building and kill a man without a single witness left to speak of his name.

The legend Miles' created with his actions carried him through to becoming the first one called when someone had to die. Police couldn't charge him for crimes that they couldn't prove he committed, and when they did turn to him, he would simply work his magic to turn their eyes away yet again. He became a ghost with a silver tongue.

Ons: Miles has a thing for agressive women, and rough sex. He will try anything once with the right woman, with very few limits to that fact. He has also never shied away from groups, more than comfortable enough with his own sexuality.

Off's: While not squeamish, blood has never been something Miles enjoys seeing during sex, and scat is on his no go list.

1SAZ

Thanks. I thought a villianous anti-Bond would be a good thing to try out.