News:

Main Menu

Steam TF2 Question

Started by Callie Del Noire, July 15, 2012, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Whyfor is everyone all of suddenly asking me fer my earbuds?

I've gotten like three offers today!

Shjade

Because they look terrible on you, dear.

Here, you should probably just let me have those.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Jeramiahh

The main reason? They're rare. In the trading circles, they're one of the single most valuable items, and can be traded for just about any single item, no matter how valuable, and often multiples of anything else.

Why? They were a one-time promotion, only given out to players who logged into TF2 from a Mac during a set time period, max of one per account, during a time when the game didn't have quite the same population it does now (I think it was before the game went free to play, so the population was close to its lowest point).
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Jeramiahh on July 15, 2012, 10:10:34 PM
The main reason? They're rare. In the trading circles, they're one of the single most valuable items, and can be traded for just about any single item, no matter how valuable, and often multiples of anything else.

Why? They were a one-time promotion, only given out to players who logged into TF2 from a Mac during a set time period, max of one per account, during a time when the game didn't have quite the same population it does now (I think it was before the game went free to play, so the population was close to its lowest point).

Question.. is.. HOW DO THEY KNOW I GOT IT?

Shjade

Orly?

Hm. I think I did that... I just don't play TF2 at all so I wouldn't know what's "valuable" in the accessories for it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

I have had folks offer me GAMES for them. It's to the point I have to flag myself offline to play Civ or my other games.

Nazz

If they cause you so much trouble, you could always just get rid of them!

I've been itching for a pair myself. I can relieve you.~
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 15, 2012, 10:15:02 PM
Question.. is.. HOW DO THEY KNOW I GOT IT?

It's likely on your profile as an achievement.  They may have done a search and your profile showed up.  You may also want to report the people making offers to Valve as 'spamming'/'harassing'.

And for the record, I don't play TF2, nor do I intend to, ever.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Qt

Earbuds are rare and often used as a high level currency used for trading unusual hats.

As for why they know you have it, unless you have a private/closed steam profile they can simply click on your profile and check your inventory.

You should probably hold onto the earbuds... or at least trade it once you realize how much it's worth, the thing is... since they are limited items, and other things such as metals/weapons are always being generated as drops, the price will only go up over time for the buds.