Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 12, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

That's fine by me :) and none that I can think of, no. Are you two okay with using this as the OOC thread?

tangela

Sure, Long as there's something shiny and stealable there, Shael can be there. And I agree a posting order would probably be best, whatever the order is. I probably won't be able to post a ton today, but will at least make it my goal to go no more than 2 days without a post. Using this as the OOC thread also works for me, as long as it doesn't violate the conventions of the site. I tend to write 3rd person past, but will write in first if that's what the consensus is. Having some write in one tense and others in anothers might make it harder to read the thread
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

I'd rather 3rd, not incapable of writing first but my brain doesn't always follow what it's supposed to be writing that way...especially cos there are gonna be times when I have more than one NPC in a scene which is gonna make MY brain hurt, nevermind yours lol

EloquentWizard

Will go with 3rd then. I will get used to it 😊. And I am ok with using this as the ooc thread. I also agree with an order. Please direct me to the thread when we are ready to start. I am mostly free towards the evenings as I work 8-5PST.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

tangela

Is the order we're going with Bane, Wizard and then me?
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

I'm fine with whichever order for you two you want, didn't mean to suggest an order lol (could post just because Wizard isn't on right now though)

EloquentWizard

Hello,

I am a bit busy today, I will try to post within 3 hours. If Shael wants to go she can.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Hi Wizard. Just to make sure there's no confusion, Shael is using magic, she just doesn't know she is. Its possible that may be something Ur wouldn't know either, but wanted to make sure there was no confusion OOC.

EloquentWizard

Oh, I must have missed that Shael was using magic. What kind of magic will shael be using. Asking so that Urhea and Shael don't end being having similar powers.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Really just cloaking magic, things to lessen her chances of being seen. If it makes sense in the story, ex. they meet some kind of trainer or something, we can work out anything else, but for now, that's really all she can do. And it makes sense for Ur to be able to do that as well, so I don't see a conflict. Although I can remove it if you would rather.

EloquentWizard

No, no. Makes sense. I am trying to work out a magic system. It has always been a fancy of mine to create a magic system. I don't know if it will work out. I will try to but if doesn't make sense I will make Ur a traditional buff and debuf character. You don't have to change Shael. :)
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

I'm not quite sure exactly *how* Shael cloaks herself yet. Maybe if you could post your ideas for magic, and if Bane can post his (nonspoilery) interpretation of how the universe works as regards magic, since its his thread, we can figure out what makes sense for everyone.

EloquentWizard

I would wanna know what bane's ideas are for magic. I don't wanna say some magic that can't exist in his world :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

There's no reason she COULDN'T use magic to hide herself, but its effectiveness would depend on who she's trying to use it on. One of myraz's cronies, sure, but a more magically attuned creature like an elf or a dragon wouldn't take much to see her...if that make sense? Basically in the current context yes it works lol

Lady Jenn

To put it slightly better, at this point neither of you have done anything a human WOULDN'T be able to, it's just that elves and dragons (unlike the humans) are magically attuned from birth, and thus have control over magic that a human would struggle to learn if they had a lifetime

EloquentWizard

Well, I just wanted to make sure that we don't end up with two characters that use similar spells. Also, in short, the type of magic I was imagining for my character is something I call channeling. It's very simple, just transfer of energy. For example, he takes the energy from the nearby air into him, making the place colder. Or, he can take the energy from a waterfall to give someone a boost in speed etc. there are loopholes. It's just an idea. Any thoughts? Let me know if it doesn't fit in the game. If so, I will revert to traditional magic.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

nah, that sounds good to me, I promise the magic will get interesting when the dragons step in (I hope, considering the RP name, saying dragons do appear is hardly a spoiler lol)

tangela

Disclaimer just in case its necessary: the views of the characters are not those of the author. I quite like Wizard, and your character.

Lady Jenn

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Is there room for any more participants?
One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.

Lady Jenn

I don't see why not, as long as the other two are okay with it :)

EloquentWizard

I hope you don't mind me saying this, Gjevv.

Your name is epic!!!
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: Lord Bane on July 04, 2016, 01:50:31 AM
I don't see why not, as long as the other two are okay with it :)

Well, I'll wait and see what everyone says.

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 04, 2016, 06:38:58 AM
I hope you don't mind me saying this, Gjevv.

Your name is epic!!!

Thank you!  :-) May I ask why?
One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.