News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Maximum Threads for a Big Game?

Started by TheGlyphstone, January 23, 2014, 04:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Is there a hard-coded limit on the number of threads you can have in a Big Game subforum? The game I'm currently co-GMing is about to undergo a big shift, involving a lot of cleanup, and I'd like to know if existing threads can simply be locked and archived or if I might need to delete some of the least-used ones to provide space for new threads.

Blythe

While small groups have a limit of a number of threads equal to twice the participants, I don't believe I know of any limits to the amount of threads the big games can have in their own subforums. I don't believe there is a limit, although I could be wrong.

jouzinka

Given E's anti-deletion policy, I don't think there would be a rule that would require a deletion of entire threads.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: jouzinka on January 23, 2014, 04:50:00 PM
Given E's anti-deletion policy, I don't think there would be a rule that would require a deletion of entire threads.

That seems like a logical deduction, but I'm not really worried about a Elliquiy formal policy (like the Small Groups threads rule) so much as a hard-coded technical limitation that could leave me stuck between a rock of having no new threads and a hard place of getting an exemption to the deletion policies.

Caeli

I do not believe there is a hard-coded limitation (for example, look at how many threads are in the Finders & Seekers subforum, Birthdays & Anniversaries, etc.), but Vekseid might be the better one to ask about this.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Jag

Small games have a limit. Big games with their own subforum do not. If a thread is no longer in use, have it locked and just let it fall away to the bottom of the list.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment