News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

1,001 Possibilities (Female Wanted)

Started by achilles2010, May 27, 2010, 04:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achilles2010

Hey all,

Are any women interested in exploring role playing ideas inspired by The Arabian Nights?  I can add to this post some more specific ideas, but since there are--by definition--thousands of possibilities, I thought it might be more fun to come up with storylines together.

I just think is a fruitful environment: magic carpets, shining scimitars, almond-eyed beauties in delicate veils, streetwise thieves, evil viziers, reckless fortune hunters, wily courtesans, powerful jinn, a  clever king, and perhaps the world’s greatest storyteller—Scheherazade (whose very name tastes of exotic spices)—calling the tune.

Please PM me if you have any interest in talking about ideas.  I should admit, off the bat, that I’m new to all this.  So I ask your patience as I get a handle on the protocols.

haikuoftears

I like these types of settings. What do you have in mind?

playfullchick76

I'm interested as well. did you want something set in the here and now, or in the past.

achilles2010

Quote from: playfullchick76 on May 27, 2010, 10:06:46 AM
I'm interested as well. did you want something set in the here and now, or in the past.

Hey there,

I had been thinking in the past, medieval Arabia, but since you mention it there might be interesting ways to make it present, either a modern-day Scheherazade (perhaps an American writer kidnapped by a powerful sheikh demanding stories) or a modern search for the artifacts of the Arabian Nights (Alladin’s Lamp, Ali Baba’s cave) perhaps with an American adventurer and beautiful Middle-Eastern guide.

As for the original Arabian Nights, a few ideas that we can flesh out.  Perhaps the most classic is the street-wise thief and the sultan’s daughter outwitting the evil vizier—or perhaps to be less cliché you could flip the roles and make it a prince and a female outsider.  A couple simpler and more straightforwardly sexual would be the discovery of a jinni’s bottle and all its infinite possibilities, or a king and a new, untamed woman of his harem.  There is also something like Sinbad and his travel to exotic ports which would provide room for either co-adventurer, a captive, or powerful, dangerous woman who’s gold he’s after.

Finally, there is Scheherazade herself, it would be interesting to explore her life.  It can’t be all stories in the king’s bedroom, and where does she get the stories anyway.

Happy to flesh out these and other ideas with folks. 

playfullchick76

I have seen a couple of the voyages of Sinbad movies, and i'm seeing prince of persia next week, inshallah.

I prefer things set in the here and now, a writer or tourist snatched or lured away, to be made to become a powerfull tribal chieftan or shieks special dancer or courtesan.

Another idea is the time travel element. I could be a younger female treasure hunter, who finds something in a cave, a dagger or something, that transports me thousands of years back in time, and I need to find things, or get help to return to my own time. That idea could tie in with the Sinbad idea that you put in.

I could be in my own body, or an exotic beauty's body that truly lived back then.