Doomsday Is Here What are you're plans?

Started by despickable, December 20, 2012, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

Quote from: Caitlin on December 20, 2012, 09:41:14 AM
Oi, I hope your illness clears up soon enough, it's no fun to be ill with Christmas and New Years Eve. I had the latter a couple of years ago and it really sucked.

All those loud fireworks going off while having a banging headache... yeah, not a big success.

Quite correct... Have slept 11 hours on and off over the last 16 hours...

OT: maybe might watch the news as surely they will call this storm rolling through the beginning of the end....
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Caitlin on December 20, 2012, 09:38:54 AM
Who said anything about me being interested in purchasing that other girl as well? ;)

Rawr. :p

You men always think in terms of two-fers!!  ;D

*looks in somebody else's direction, knowing that she was heard talking of gags and coloured rope the other day*

Quote from: Silver on December 20, 2012, 09:39:29 AM
Oh that was a great movie!!!!  Also yes on BSG.

OT: Curled up in bed... Honestly might bake my day away if I start feeling better...

I'll be renting Melancholia soonies at the video store. The BSG pilot - bought on dvd a couple years ago and saw the tv series now and then.

Hope you'll get better soon, Silver - but do see a doctor anyway.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Caitlin on December 20, 2012, 09:42:42 AM
I really really doubt that, they'll just find another crazy hype with the next 'end of the world' event that they can use for their prophecies.

When does the Hale-Bopp comet come back around?

vtboy

We should all try to look for the silver lining in this. If tomorrow is the end of days,  we avoid the fiscal cliff.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: vtboy on December 20, 2012, 09:52:02 AM
We should all try to look for the silver lining in this. If tomorrow is the end of days,  we avoid the fiscal cliff.

*high fives vtboy*

Sasquatch421

That would be true...And no more having to listen to election ads every what 2 years?

gaggedLouise

Caitlin

But but... it's my b-day on the 30th! I don't wanna celebrate my birthday with a bunch of corpses. :<

Knowing my luck I'd survive the end of the world with a broken bottle of champagne and some hysterical neighbour screaming at me that strangers are looting her house.

Sigh...

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on December 20, 2012, 09:55:07 AM
That would be true...And no more having to listen to election ads every what 2 years?

"They killed Congress! Hahahaha..." (little old lady in Mars Attacks! after B-movie style pic of the Capitol going up in smoke)

Oniya

If I end up interacting with anyone tomorrow, and especially if they seem to be remotely 'doomsday-ish', I'm going to solemnly say 'Lenny Bruce is not afraid' and walk off (before breaking into laughter around the corner.)  Might come up with a few other cryptic lines to use, just in case there's more than one.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lithos

And for those who are feeling the first twitches of doomsday panic, have faith and read through this (and specially if your children are having doomsday panic, helps with talking about it)

http://www.2012hoax.org/

And here from Jim Morrison who certainly knows what he talks about, for a good recap if one is not for walls of text.

http://youtu.be/EW0Wo0uZ6fg
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Starlequin

It's alright people, you may all relax. After a truly epic battle involving a toaster, a weather balloon, three paper clips and the sacrifice of two chicken nuggets and a box of Twinkies I've already averted the impending apocalypse. You're all welcome; gifts of cash or bonds are appreciated, and the line for the celebratory orgy forms to the left. Enjoy another round of continued existence on me, folks!

* Starlequin sits back and awaits the arrival of various and sundry tokens of gratitude from the huddled masses any second now...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Caitlin

Quote from: Starlequin on December 20, 2012, 11:30:55 AM
It's alright people, you may all relax. After a truly epic battle involving a toaster, a weather balloon, three paper clips and the sacrifice of two chicken nuggets and a box of Twinkies I've already averted the impending apocalypse. You're all welcome; gifts of cash or bonds are appreciated, and the line for the celebratory orgy forms to the left. Enjoy another round of continued existence on me, folks!

* Starlequin sits back and awaits the arrival of various and sundry tokens of gratitude from the huddled masses any second now...
I don't have cash or bonds to spare, but I can send you toilet paper... o.O

It might just save you in a particular tricky situation some day!

Tsenta

I'm waiting until Saturday, the day after the "end of the world" to act. I'mma dress in Mayan garb, stand on a street corner, and hold a big sign that says "TROLOLOLOLOLOL!"   I'll make sure to do it in front of a church no less.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

gaggedLouise

Hmm, I just read about a team of researchers who had concluded that there had been a slight miscalculation in the way we read the Mayan calendar. The world, they think, will come to an end on - Christmas eve! Or maybe Christmas night, then...

Remember where you heard it first.  :D

Revolverman

My parents make me promise that if it does end up happening, I'm to dope them up to high heaven on painkillers and pot, and... "Put them out of their misery"

A bit morbid in our household.

Moraline

The sound of static slowly crackles and pops over the airwaves...
The sound of static slowly crackles and pops over the airwaves a voice seems to come through the hissing....
The sound of static slowly crackles and pops over the airwaves a voice seems to come through the hissing....
"Moraline to Elliquiy, do you read me, Elliquiy? This is radio free Canada, coming at you from the East Coast..." The transmission is interrupted with the sound of further crackling and squealing.. a long hiss sounds just before the voice returns.

"Elliquiy, I come to you from deep underground in my bunker at the northern end of the Appalachian mountain chain. Across the border in what was once known as New Brunswick, Canada.  I have supplies, fresh water, dried and canned food goods as well as a stock pile of ammunition and guns. Bring your families and hurry. Dammit, when this world ends we won't go without a fight!"

Star Safyre

I'll be at work.  If the world ends while I'm at work, I'll be so pissed.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Caitlin

I'm tempted to have a movie marathon and watch all the Terminator movies. ;)

Oniya

Could get a bunch of friends together and play Shadowrun...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moraline

Quote from: Oniya on December 20, 2012, 02:45:29 PM
Could get a bunch of friends together and play Shadowrun...

A friend of mine says that he lives under the assumption that he's really an orc and when the magic awakes and the world changes he'll turn into a big fat green orc - ala Shadowrun! (His favorite tabletop RPG.)

When it happens, I'll be in my bunker with my guns and supplies. I'm hoping I'll turn into some sort of sexy kick ass elf-like humanoid. Knowing my luck, I'll be an Orc too.

Lilias

Quote from: Caitlin on December 20, 2012, 01:02:43 PM
I don't have cash or bonds to spare, but I can send you toilet paper... o.O

Toilet. Paper. Bondage.

;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Caitlin

Quote from: Lilias on December 20, 2012, 02:55:03 PM
Toilet. Paper. Bondage.

;D
LOL! That too yeah. ;)

(That article still cracks me up, hehe.)

Revolverman

oooh, I need to run my Post-Apocalyptic GURPS RP with my friends tonight and tomorrow.

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI