Rapture Academy: Private Education (Extreme, system based)

Started by Angie, October 23, 2013, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alextaylor

Since you have a character, you should be able to join us anytime, Kimera :)
O/O

Kimera

alextaylor

Oh lol, yeah:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188362.0

It's been up for a few days now. All the other threads are linked from the OOC one.
O/O

DrFier

This actually looks rather interesting.  Is it still open to new players?
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

alextaylor

I'm sure most of us would enjoy more players, but the GM (Angie) gets the final say  :-)
O/O

Zadaris

The setting for this game is so vast and maleable. And of course, very interesting!

But with interest comes the daunting rulebook, but it does seem to cater to any possibilities.  ;D

*continues reading*
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

DrFier

Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Laughing Hyena

Yes because recruitment is reopened as well. ^_^ Though I'd suggest making a sheet first.

Angie

RECRUITMENT IS REOPENED, WITH HOUSE RULES! Consult post 1 for House Rules!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

alextaylor

Just so you guys should know, the system is a little edgy and untested. And the rulebooks themselves have a lot of contradictions. So, would have to be a little patient with them.
O/O

Florence

I'm interested, I'm alright with edgy untested rules :>

I glanced at the OOC briefly, and I'm curious, is this being started fresh over, or are new players joining the rp already going on?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Angie

We're just gonna go on, the people who left (with the exception of godfang's character) are becoming NPCs.

Zadaris

Levis Black

Orientation: Straight
House: None
Virtue: OOO
Desire: XXX

Force: 4
Athletics: 4
Endure: 5
Restrain: 2
Size: 3 (2/1)

Threat: 3
Chastise: 5
Dirty Talk: 1
Influence: 3
Wealth: 1

Allure: 2
Gossip: 1
Manipulative: 1
Sweet Talk: 3
Vamp/Pose: 3 (+1 w Glasses)

Study: 5
Investigate: 5
Machines: 1
Occult: 6
Subject: 5 (Geometry)

Elusive: 1
Sneak: 1
Infiltrate: 1
Subterfuge: 1
Slip Away: 2

Figure: 6'3" Lithe build.

Spells Known:
Ward
Teleport
Counterspell

Fetishes
++Anal (Giving), ++Nurses, ++Nice, --Were-Creatures -Anal (Receiving)

Merits & Flaws
Merits: 17
Magic (6)
Bloodhound (1)
Shadow Taint (1)
Looks Great In Glasses (1)
Authority (6) (Teacher: +4 to Students)
Approachable (2)

Flaws:
DaemonHost (3) (Decarabia)
Aversion (1) (Were-Creatures)
Phobia (2) Heights!!
Enemies (1) (Decarabia's Extended Family)

Background
Levis grew up being a voracious book reader, developing a taste for the occult and formations pertaining to them, but his fathers military bearing ensured he didn't neglect himself physically. Giving his attention to his schoolwork he majored in geology and took it further until he eventually got his degree. His father had wanted him to follow in his footsteps and become a marine, and invective flew. His father eventually accepted this just before Levis was to go on his first expedition.

His travels took him across miles of rough terrain; snow caps, arid deserts and vast jungles being just the few. A morbid fear of heights however had held him back from making some truly ground-breaking discoveries though he still made a bit of a name for himself in the field.
Levis was prepared for one last trip before accepting an invitation to become a lecturer at a prestigious school.

Journeying deep into the south with his colleagues, he came across a plain filled with man-made geoglyphs, described in a book of the occult by an Alister Crowley. Examining them he took some interesting notes about a supposed nest of supernatural creatures. Elated by his find he failed to realize that the eye of the sea-serpent glyph he stood in was in fact an intricate binding circle, one which his partners effaced as they stepped out.

A vast explosion rang in his ears.
Suddenly Levis was seeing a vast plane of fire and black sky, overcome suddenly when his heart felt like coarse tar was funneled into it.

He awoke, taken to their medical tent where a nurse (a beautiful one, he recalled) looked after him until he could look after himself again.

Nights later he dreamed he was having intercourse with the nurse but it felt much more lucid. From then on the nurse seemed to avoid him. Only after some private study did he realize that he had contracted a taint from that otherworld, of which he knew now was not a dream, and it had allowed a demon to jump into his body and take possession of him.

The demon, Decarabia, taunted him. He would cause his life no end of trouble but because Levis' studies might provide means for the demon to fight his family for their throne he'd often let him have his body. However when the demon is feeling a little bored or amorous he retakes control.

And the arrival of a letter from Rapture academy got both their attention.

Goals
In Progress
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

alextaylor

Zadaris.. just missing some starting spells, but it looks good.
O/O

Zadaris

Quote from: alextaylor on November 17, 2013, 10:43:00 PM
Zadaris.. just missing some starting spells, but it looks good.

I just wanted to make his background and see if that would help rationalize the spells he has.  :-)

Florence

Malinda

Orientation: Bisexual/Homoromantic (Sexual attraction to any gender, romantic attraction to females and maybe futa.)
House:    Nothum         
Virtue:    3         
Desire:    3             

Force: 5
Athletics- 6 (+3 to Wrestling)
Endure- 4
Restrain- 4
Size- 3 (1+1+1)

Threat: 3
Chastise- 3
Dirty Talk- 3
Influence- 4
Wealth- 1

Allure: 5
Gossip- 4
Manipulative- 5
Sweet Talk- 4
Vamp/Pose- 4

Study: 2
Investigate-3
Machines-1
Occult-1
Subject- 3 (+2 to Literature, +1 to Law, Writing, Business Studies)

Elusive: 1
Sneak- 1
Infiltrate- 1
Subterfuge- 2
Slip Away- 1

Fetishes
++Proud, ++Brains, ++Genderfuck (both), +Wild, +Being Obeyed, +Tomboys, +Romance,  --Abuse, --Manhandling, --Restraint, -Fat (Chubby girls are okay, but morbidly obese turns her off), -Monster, -Rough, -Spanking

Merits

Sports Star (4)- Wrestling
Fit (1)
Intimidating (1)

Insatiable (5)

Venom (4)- Euphoria
Inhuman Weaponry (1)- Fangs
Altered Genitalia (3)-
Cosmetic: Hyper (13 inches)
Gameplay: Hyper, Intimidating, Stimulating

Flaws

Crush (1)- Subject Undecided.
Enemies (1)- Former friends from her old school.
Dark Secret (1)- That she has a juvenile criminal record.
Haunted (1)- Ghosts related to above mentioned former friends and criminal record.
Phobia (2)- Claustrophobia.
Expectations (1)- Her family expects her to stay out of trouble and get good grades.
Switch (2)- When someone she has a crush on to tries to be dominant.

Figure: 5'8, Lithe, Normal

Equipment: Basic Clothes

Backstory

Malinda was born to a poor family who spent every bit of cash they had to try and give her a good life. Still, she had it rough. None of this was helped by the fact that she has... otherworldly blood in her. Though human to the casual observer, the venomous fangs she possess give away her heritage; as does the rather size-able package she carries around with her, though she's never been exposed to the futavirus. Its also granted her a heavy degree of flexibility, which has aided her in wrestling, allowing her to rise to star status despite her lithe build. Still, while certain aspects of her heritage have made her popular enough with the ladies, or at least certain sorts of ladies; she still has been picked on in the past.

She fell in with a bad crowd, starting out as simple teenage hooligans, until they began committing minor crimes, such as vandalism and theft. When some a shoplifting attempt went south and some of her gang were fatally shot by the owner, she was caught while the rest fled and left her behind. Feeling betrayed and abandoned, she sold them out to the cops to cut a deal. When all was said and done, she distanced herself from her old life, and eventually she wound up as the mysterious new student at Rapture Academy. The only thing most other students really know about her is that she's damn good at wrestling. She has made strides to remake herself from the delinquent she once was into... well... a slightly less delinquent, much more clever student.

Goals

WIP

EDIT: contemplating swapping sweet talk and manipulative, but I'm not sure.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Angie

Finn, Zadaris, you're good.

Also, unlike other systems, you don't need to justify shit with backstory, you only have to have an answer if I ask "how do you have the points for X?"

Zadaris

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 18, 2013, 01:40:45 AM
Finn, Zadaris, you're good.

Also, unlike other systems, you don't need to justify shit with backstory, you only have to have an answer if I ask "how do you have the points for X?"

Lovely.  ;D

That's certainly nice to know, though I'd likely have rationalized it for my own sense of satisfaction in character building. But all that aside I look forward to playing alongside everyone.  :-)

Videospirit

Since the other ra game fell through, who all do you have for this one?

Angie

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Videospirit on November 18, 2013, 09:09:19 PM

You mean character wise? Theres plenty of House Mars PC, a few Pietas PCs and maybe one or two Nobudi PCs. And two Teacher PCs

Angie

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 18, 2013, 09:58:51 PM
You mean character wise? Theres plenty of House Mars PC, a few Pietas PCs and maybe one or two Nobudi PCs. And two Teacher PCs

You mean Nothum, silly.

alextaylor

Quote from: Videospirit on November 18, 2013, 09:09:19 PM

Lol, it's a valid question guys. Easier to define plots and get a feel of the game with specifics.

Character thread

Active: Madison Sage, Takeshi Juro, Katerina Hayes, Princess Reina Rubyheart, Sarah, Nanase Misaki, Samantha Brewer, Sadira.
Questionable: Callista Saliasandera, Sora Hoshi, Betty Noir
New: Kaga Shinichi, Malinda Payne, Levis Black

Retired: Persephone, Suzume Miyazaki, Adonis Williams, Nurse Carmilla
O/O

Deathnote

Let's see if we can come up with a table for the character list:

House Mars House Saturn House Jupiter House Pluto
Takeshi Juro (Teacher)
Samantha 'Sam B' Brewer (ex-Pietas)
Kaga Shinichi
Adonis Williams (Retired)
   Madison Sage      Persephone (Retired)
House Nothum House Obsidere            House Pietas House Daedalus
Sarah
Callista Saliasandera (?)
Betty Noir (?)
Malinda Payne
      Princess Reina Rubyheart
Sadira
   Katerina Hayes
Nanase Misaki
Unhoused
Levis Black (Teacher)
Sora Hoshi (ex-Pietas) (?)
Suzume Miyazaki (Retired)
Nurse Carmilla (Staff) (Retired)
*Male
*Female
*Futa
*No idea

So... yeah.  We've got plenty of room for new players, especially for Houses Jupiter, Pluto, and Obsidere.

Jovialtraveler

Character Name: David O’Hara
Orientation: Pansexual
House: Unhoused
Virtue: 2
Desire: 0
Sadism: 2
Romance: 2
(You’re darn right he’s so tangled up inside that he bounces between extremes like a politician during election year)
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hair color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Gray
Skin color: Pale

Allure: 3 11
Gossip: 1
Manipulative: 3
Sweet Talk: 4
Vamp/Pose: 3

Force: 5 17
Athletics: 6 (Tae Kwon Do)
Endure: 4
Restrain: 4
Size: 2 (5’10”)/ 1 (lithe)

Study: 3 11(+2)
Investigate: 1
Machines: 4
Occult: 4
Subject: 4 (History)

Threat: 2 8
Chastise: 3
Dirty Talk: 1
Influence: 2
Wealth: 2

Elusive: 2 8
Stealth: 1
Infiltrate: 2
Subterfuge: 2
Slip Away: 3

Merits: 15 (Unhoused: -1 cost for all categories)
• Competition
Martial Arts (5(-1))
Sports Star (1)
Fit (1)
• Erudition
Eureka! (6(-1))
• Inhumanity
Shadow Taint (4(-1))
• Sensuality
Looks Great in Evening Wear (2(-1))

Flaws: 5
Polite (1)
Sadism (2)
Romantic (2)
Flunked (Science) (1)
Unpopular (1)
Fetishes:
+ Spanking (Dom), + Dom/sub play (Dom), + breasts (size 2 and below), + + Femininity (broad, I know)
- - Urine, - fat (size 4 and above), - tits (size 4 and above), - Rape (dom or sub)

Gear:
Smart suit (risk 3, $100)

Background
Born into a military family, his parents paid extra to help him develop his interests, and ever since his first years he had a fascination with fantasy, which spread into history. He loved everything about it, and how people seemed more... well, just MORE back then. David also had a love for martial arts, and tended to get in fights a lot when he was younger. Oddly enough, training actually helped him control himself, giving him an outlet for his frustration and anger. His family was catholic, so he grew up not sure of the proper way to express feelings, and this combined with his desire to be loved and his irritation with people to twist him up inside, causing him to develop two seemingly divergent tastes, as well as crave control, which expresses itself in his more.... lurid interests. He realized at an early age that he just wasn’t interested in certain people that others found attractive, and began to catalogue the differences, giving him a pretty good idea of what he likes, but he’s still sometimes surprised by it himself. He also grew up with Asperger’s syndrome, giving him a penchant for being blunt in his middle school years that he curbs with a constant, conscious effort to be polite in public at all times. Needless to say, this does make him a bit frosty at first, but it’s a thin veneer of ice over the warm, passionate man within. 
Goals
Get a good job.
Help his parents live comfortably in retirement.
Find someone he can spend the rest of his life with.
Put down roots and make some friends.