Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)

Started by ZephySempai, April 11, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

JoanieSappho

So, Dhi and Shizu can form the 'humans are weird' club, I guess.

And man, pokecharms. It's been a while since I was last on tere, but, let's see. Still not 100% on the other pokemon, but feminine and fluffy does seem appropriate to me;

Diesel Heart

I can't wait to start this off and assuming we get second characters, I've already gotten somebody created that'll be more interested in Contests.

Serana

Stupid question -- are there still openings? Or are you full up?

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Serana on April 14, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

As far as I know the GM is still accepting players, so go ahead and fill a sheet out ;3
We have a really good cast so far so it'll be tons of fun XD

Serana

Quote from: Bekah Boo on April 14, 2017, 12:00:04 PM
As far as I know the GM is still accepting players, so go ahead and fill a sheet out ;3
We have a really good cast so far so it'll be tons of fun XD

OK Awesome, I will get something together today or tomorrow :D

ZephySempai

Quote from: Rynn on April 13, 2017, 08:39:42 PM
Secrets are secrets for a reason *nods*  :P
I can change it up pretty easily if it's an issue, but I thought it was pretty obvious that her android status would be publicly known from parts like her "Identifying an artificially constructed mechanical construct" and "Dhi-004 considers herself to be a machine and hence aligns herself with gadgets more than humans and pokemon." She's not going to keep what she is a secret by any means, so it might as well be public knowledge.

The zombie aspect on the other hand is another matter. I kind of want to reiterate that she technically not a zombie because the body is a cloned body and is separate from the original deceased body. To an extent that's like me saying I ate beef last night, so I'm a zombie cow. Anyway, associating her with the dead girl is negotiable. I do like the idea of someone knowing the dead girl and being spooked by the resemblance, but the dead girl aspect is more background and doesn't even need to be brought up in the RP. I could easily have just said "Scientists made a robot and sent it to Pokken."

Final note, I never really specified that she was sent to Pokken by Team Rocket. She was created by them sure, but I intentionally left out who 'reprogammed' her out of the vegetative state. It could be rocket, it could be Silph Co, it could be some crazy cult of Scientology! If you really want an answer I can tell you via PM?

No need. My brain just moves in weird ways. Your acceptance has been processed! Welcome to the Pokken!

Quote from: Diesel Heart on April 13, 2017, 09:55:25 PM
So, this was sort of fun to make.  Spoilers, but hey whatever.

I HAVE to figure out how to incorporate this somehow... maybe the dorm assignments...? Hmm...

Quote from: Serana on April 14, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

There are no stupid questions, only Magikarp.
And yes, we still have openings. Gotta fill all these dorms lol.

Quote from: Relikai on April 14, 2017, 07:51:08 AM
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265832.msg13122192#msg13122192

it is complete!

I really liked his backstory. It was interesting and unique. I like the idea of him making a living selling items outside a gym and passively learning through observing a professional. He probably flipped shit when his idol was the one who sent him off, lol. Badge of Acceptance granted. Welcome to Pokken Academy!

--------------

So a bit of a setback and I apologize, but I was unable to finish the Information Threads as well as the IC threads yesterday. I was hoping to have them up by this morning so everybody could get some early weekend action.

I do have good news. I'll be home within the next 2 hours and will be able to get right to work. All things considering we will have the Official game threads up by tonight!

Just a heads up, I'll have everyone who has an accepted character sheet repost their characters in the information thread when I get it started.

Thanks guys for all the patience and feedback! I do have to admit I'm happily surprised at the following we've got going on and hope I don't disappoint!

-Zephy

Serana

How's this? I'm a bit rusty on character creation for RPs as it has been awhile for me! Let me know if it works!

Name: Keiko Aizawa

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Personality: Laid back most of the time, but energetic shortly before, during and after playing music. She can easily get lost in a good song, getting transfixed on songs she enjoys, to the extent of ignoring those around her.

Home Town: Lilycove City

Starter Pokemon: Wooper

Background: Keiko had always enjoyed her time living and growing up in Lilycove City. Her early years were spent relaxing out on the beach. She really enjoyed meeting the various tourists that would come through the city. Their clothes, the different types of Pokemon they brought through with them, their personalities -- they all heavily influenced Keiko. One of the most influential moments came when she was around 9 years old. A guitarist had passed through the city and spent his time telling a story to anyone who would listen. He spoke of a musical Pokemon called Meloetta. He had a few hand drawn pictures of what people said it looked like, but he talked about how it could sing and make everybody happy in just a few notes. The story stuck with Keiko and, shortly after, she started to learn to play music too.

As time came to pass, Keiko spent many months and even years learning how to play. She picked up various instruments, trying to learn them, but the guitar stuck with her. Sure, she went through some phases with her friends when it came to catching Pokemon, but the whole fighting and battling thing never really intrigued her as much as music did. She did meet a Wooper at one point, though, while playing some music late one night at the beach. The wooper seemed to enjoy her music and started to follow her around. Keiko and the wooper became good friends throughout this.

When Keiko turned 18, she heard of a place referred to as the Pokken Academy. Over the past few years, she had spent some time independently researching the connections between music and Pokemon, hoping to find out more about this Pokemon she had heard about a decade ago. Coming to the conclusion that the academy would be a great place for her to continue her studies, she investigated it further.

Best Experience With Pokemon: At a concert Keiko was putting on, one of the songs she played seemed to make many of the Pokemon belonging to the visiting trainers very happy. They started dancing, and she had what amounted to an impromptu Pokemon party break out deep into the night. Everybody left the party very happy, especially the Pokemon.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: One time, while Keiko was playing a song on a beach, her Wooper was attacked by a Krabby. It got to the point where Keiko had to fight off the Krabby herself, and rush him to the Pokemon Center. He barely made it through the incident.

Other: Keiko currently owns two different guitars, but has also been known to dabble in EDM production on the side. She even carries a small ocarina with her, which she will often break out and play randomly when nervous.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Serana on April 14, 2017, 04:03:44 PM
How's this? I'm a bit rusty on character creation for RPs as it has been awhile for me! Let me know if it works!

Name: Keiko (Deciding on last name)

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Personality: Laid back most of the time, but energetic shortly before, during and after playing music. She can easily get lost in a good song, getting transfixed on songs she enjoys, to the extent of ignoring those around her.

Home Town: Lilycove City

Starter Pokemon: Wooper

Background: Keiko had always enjoyed her time living and growing up in Lilycove City. Her early years were spent relaxing out on the beach. She really enjoyed meeting the various tourists that would come through the city. Their clothes, the different types of Pokemon they brought through with them, their personalities -- they all heavily influenced Keiko. One of the most influential moments came when she was around 9 years old. A guitarist had passed through the city and spent his time telling a story to anyone who would listen. He spoke of a musical Pokemon called Meloetta. He had a few hand drawn pictures of what people said it looked like, but he talked about how it could sing and make everybody happy in just a few notes. The story stuck with Keiko and, shortly after, she started to learn to play music too.

As time came to pass, Keiko spent many months and even years learning how to play. She picked up various instruments, trying to learn them, but the guitar stuck with her. Sure, she went through some phases with her friends when it came to catching Pokemon, but the whole fighting and battling thing never really intrigued her as much as music did. She did meet a Wooper at one point, though, while playing some music late one night at the beach. The wooper seemed to enjoy her music and started to follow her around. Keiko and the wooper became good friends throughout this.

When Keiko turned 18, she heard of a place referred to as the Pokken Academy. Over the past few years, she had spent some time independently researching the connections between music and Pokemon, hoping to find out more about this Pokemon she had heard about a decade ago. Coming to the conclusion that the academy would be a great place for her to continue her studies, she investigated it further.

Best Experience With Pokemon: At a concert Keiko was putting on, one of the songs she played seemed to make many of the Pokemon belonging to the visiting trainers very happy. They started dancing, and she had what amounted to an impromptu Pokemon party break out deep into the night. Everybody left the party very happy, especially the Pokemon.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: One time, while Keiko was playing a song on a beach, her Wooper was attacked by a Krabby. It got to the point where Keiko had to fight off the Krabby herself, and rush him to the Pokemon Center. He barely made it through the incident.

Other: Keiko currently owns two different guitars, but has also been known to dabble in EDM production on the side. She even carries a small ocarina with her, which she will often break out and play randomly when nervous.

Hell Yeah! PokeRockstar Ftw! That'd be interesting if her music raised the Morale of certain target Pokemon. It would also be cool if different Pokemon reacted differently to certain notes as well. If that's something that she can master, she could really be an influential part of the Pokeverse. She might start a revolution of musical Pokemon Tamers! Bruh! Lemme calm down lol. But seriously, I love the concept and can't wait to see her in action.

Let me know when you give her a last name and then I'll toss you my badge of Approval!

Alright everybody we're about 40% of the way there!

The Information Station and Official OOC are now both up and running! I'm also working on the In Character threads now as we speak!

Two things I need from you all:

1) If you've been accepted please post your character sheet in the Information Station!

2) Check the Dorm Assignments and make sure you see your character. If I missed you, let me know so I can fit you in :D

I used the Pokecharms for you guy's characters in the Dorm Assignments. Let me know if you like it or not. If anybody else wants a Pokecharm by their name please make one and let me know through PM, this thread or Official OOC.

I'll start Updating all the Hyperlinks and then expect the IC Threads up within the next hour if all things go according to plan!

For those of you who haven't been accepted, or if anyone new shows up, please post your finished character sheets here pending approval! Once you get Zephy's Badge, I'll give you the Okay to post in the Information thread!

Thanks again, everybody for all the patience and support.

Pokken Academy Is Almost Live!

Batman4560

Bekah Boo

Awesome super excited ;3
Can we get the links to the info thread and all? ;3

ZephySempai

Links have been added to the 1st post of this page.

Official OOC

Information Station

--> Recruitment Thread<--

IC On Campus

IC Dorms

IC Off Campus

Quote from: Batman4560 on April 14, 2017, 06:54:23 PM
Can I add one later?

Of course! Whenever you like, just let me know. Here's the link provided by @Diesel Heart --> https://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

Bekah Boo

Serana

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 14, 2017, 06:49:11 PM
Hell Yeah! PokeRockstar Ftw! That'd be interesting if her music raised the Morale of certain target Pokemon. It would also be cool if different Pokemon reacted differently to certain notes as well. If that's something that she can master, she could really be an influential part of the Pokeverse. She might start a revolution of musical Pokemon Tamers! Bruh! Lemme calm down lol. But seriously, I love the concept and can't wait to see her in action.

Let me know when you give her a last name and then I'll toss you my badge of Approval!

OK, I have one on there now. :) But yeah, that's the goal of what I was going for -- the research into music and the ability to affect pokemon positively or negatively. It seems like something that could be really interesting and seems unexplored in the universe (though admittedly, I've been a bit out of it over the past few games and haven't kept up with the universe). I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, especially in the roleplay. It's why I have her carrying a small instrument with her at all times -- she obviously can't carry her guitar around with her!

This should be fun, I'm looking forward to it!

AidenWhite

I'm really interested! I've wanted to do a Pokemon RP for a while now so I'll post up a sheet as soon as I'm able tomorrow. ^^
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Rynn

Quote from: Serana on April 14, 2017, 11:12:22 PMIt's why I have her carrying a small instrument with her at all times -- she obviously can't carry her guitar around with her!
The K-ON vibe is strong in this one <3 Just kidding, though I am looking forward to how Keiko plays out. A little disappointed that she won't be carrying her guitar around though since I kind of imagined her to have a bit of a busker feel to her, shouldering her guitar and never parting with it rain hail or shine.

Quote from: AidenWhite on April 15, 2017, 02:35:06 AM
I'm really interested! I've wanted to do a Pokemon RP for a while now so I'll post up a sheet as soon as I'm able tomorrow. ^^
Hello familiar faced person! Nice to see a reliable writer join our ranks, and I'm especially looking forward to what you manage to write up. Tomorrow can't come soon enough <3

LivingGarment

Hi there! I'm a pretty big Pokemon fan and was wondering if you were still recruiting? I'm really interested in this RP as it seems legitimately fun.
Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

Rynn

Hello Garment <3

To answer your question, Zephy hasn't closed applications yet and he's indicated quite bluntly that he's keeping things open for potential applicants. What that essentially means in a roundabout way is yes, we're still open! Most people that have signed up for this are avid pokemon fans, and those that aren't are fans of the earlier installments so you certainly won't be alone in that regard! I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with <3

LivingGarment

Thanks Rynn *scratches behind your ears*

Also, will Mega Evolutions or Z-Crystals play a role in the story?
Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

Rynn

*Hides ears with her hands* Grrr my ears! No touchie!  :P

Unfortunately I'm not really qualified to answer your question... especially since I don't even know what mega-evolutions are! Sounds like digimon XD I know, I'm so outdated with Pokemon it's sad. T_T With that said though, I think it'll be allowed since Zephy seems to be pretty cool with most things. I mean we have one character(trainer) that's been injected with pokemon DNA and can use mild firepowers for goodness sake! XD

Someone also mentioned Mega Absol earlier, and that didn't cause an uproar so I'm pretty sure mega pokemon will be allowed in the long run. To start off though you're limited to one pokemon that's 1st tier. AKA it's able to evolve but hasn't yet. (Not including baby pokemon, not sure what the ruling is on that but I assume they'd be allowed as a starter pick too).

LivingGarment

Awww but you're so cute!

Mega Evolution is a temporary evolution.
https://youtu.be/BftrqE2CQiQ

Many Pokemon gain additional types, new abilities and powered up stats!

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Rynn on April 15, 2017, 04:44:54 AM
*Hides ears with her hands* Grrr my ears! No touchie!  :P

Unfortunately I'm not really qualified to answer your question... especially since I don't even know what mega-evolutions are! Sounds like digimon XD I know, I'm so outdated with Pokemon it's sad. T_T With that said though, I think it'll be allowed since Zephy seems to be pretty cool with most things. I mean we have one character(trainer) that's been injected with pokemon DNA and can use mild firepowers for goodness sake! XD

Someone also mentioned Mega Absol earlier, and that didn't cause an uproar so I'm pretty sure mega pokemon will be allowed in the long run. To start off though you're limited to one pokemon that's 1st tier. AKA it's able to evolve but hasn't yet. (Not including baby pokemon, not sure what the ruling is on that but I assume they'd be allowed as a starter pick too).

Also, this made me realize that you've probably missed the new type that came up in the sixth generation games, and the most recent thing from the seventh - regional variants.
So, crash course so we all have roughly the same information, and also because I think I just decided I don't want Lopunny to be my third any more.
The new type was made to counter dragons, much like dark was put in to calm psychics down.
The Fairy type. Some older pokemon gained this type, like Azumarill, Clefairy, Granbul, Mawile and Gardevoir, plus a few others. Weak to poison and steel (making those types actually useful for once!) strong against dragon, dark and fighting, and immune to dragon type attacks.

And the regional variants were examples of actual evolution happening to already known species of pokemon. Them changing to better fit in their new environment, or because they were possibly originally from that environement. The gen 7 region is basically Hawaii, and the local variant of Exeggcutor is a grass/dragon type and looks like a palm tree in such an area - really tall. (other Exeggcutor are much shhorter, similar to how transplanted trees won't grow so high.
Also, there's a variant of Vulpix and Ninetales that go from Fire (and, now I think about it, Ninetales honestly should have been fire/psychic, considering the whole kitsune thing behind it) to being ice/fairy types because they live up on the tops of snowy mountains, and they are beautiful.
And I'm thinking I want one.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Serana on April 14, 2017, 11:12:22 PM
OK, I have one on there now. :) But yeah, that's the goal of what I was going for -- the research into music and the ability to affect pokemon positively or negatively. It seems like something that could be really interesting and seems unexplored in the universe (though admittedly, I've been a bit out of it over the past few games and haven't kept up with the universe). I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, especially in the roleplay. It's why I have her carrying a small instrument with her at all times -- she obviously can't carry her guitar around with her!

This should be fun, I'm looking forward to it!

*Hands out acceptance badge* Congratulations and welcome to Pokken Academy! Though I kinda had the same feel Rynn had about her carrying her guitar everywhere, lol. Maybe when she's closer to home she'll have it and'll switch out for long treks. Only time will tell.

Quote from: AidenWhite on April 15, 2017, 02:35:06 AM

Your Pokemon gonna be stealing girls' panties? Or will it be the trainer <_<

Quote from: LivingGarment on April 15, 2017, 03:59:14 AM
Hi there! I'm a pretty big Pokemon fan and was wondering if you were still recruiting? I'm really interested in this RP as it seems legitimately fun.

Welcome, welcome! Yes, we're still accepting! We've got quite a few empty dorm rooms to fill and a lot of room for developing plots and hijinks!

In regards to Mega Crystals and Mega-Evolution I decided early on that I'd accept them. Its definitely going to be a long way off before the Freshman players actually get their hands on some, but they will be featured in the game as plot devices: a goal to pursue or a mob boss to overcome. Which brings me to my next point of discussion (I'll post in Official OOC as well): The Universe Timeline. I'm really feeling sticking with the timeline of the games (easy wiki to read) and having the events at Pokken taking place after the events of the latest installment, meaning if Nintendo released Pokken Academy it'd be coming out this summer on the Switch (And EVERYONE would buy it!)

With that being said, Mega Crystals and Mega Evolutions as well as region-specific variants would all be viable options to appear in the game. The reason behind the location of this fantasy island I've concocted is because I can relate to those who've probably fallen off sometime or another after the most recent installments of the games/show, but still have a love for Pokemon. There are also those who even though  they might not keep up with it anymore, know a few New Gens that they absolutely adore. I didn't want to leave anybody out. New Gens (and people who are well-versed in them irl) are rare to the island, but there are some who manage to find their way :)

Btw, @Rynn

I appreciate the help in giving out information in my absence :D I feel like if my computer exploded today I can be confident in know everyone'll have some soft of self-sufficiency.

LivingGarment

One more question. Can I have a Mimikyu as a partner?

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!