Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)

Started by ZephySempai, April 11, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZephySempai

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on May 29, 2017, 09:34:48 PM
Name: Tillia Turkiskaday

Sexual Preference: Omnisexual

Personality: Bit of an odd duck, she carries an enthusasim for pokemon that makes even the most extreme of Pokemaniac turn away in shame. This does have a side effect of her tending to rush in when spotting a pokemon, which usually ends with it being spooked and running away from her, usually after a surprised outburst of power, though that only temporarily deters her. Expressive, cheerful, and a boundless energy she loves every chance to meet new pokemon, and with MeiMei (her mimikyu) as a more balancing force she will be able to meet a wild pokemon without requiring some sort of minor medical treatment afterwards.

Home Town: Tohamala Village

Starter Pokemon: Mimikyu
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: Growing up in a relatively normal fashion Tillia like many children just couldnt wait for the chance to get her own pokemon and head out into the world to make her way as a pokemon trainer! Though with her this manifest in an attempt to catch any pokemon she came across with her bare hands, and while some might not mind that to much, pretty much all of them appreciate some warning before some random over excited girl goes flinging herself at them. So while poor results with that method have done little to get her her first pokemon, it drew quite a bit of attention at how she was able to sneak up so close to even psychic and ghost type pokemon without being noticed! Eventally as news spread she did manage to "capture" her first pokemon, the Mimikyu named MeiMei, she was invited to Pokken Academy for her ability to get so close to pokemon and occasionally snap candid pictures and make sketches. Before attempting to hand catch them.

Best Experience With Pokemon: The day she met Mimikyu! She had no luck in catching any other pokemon, so was consoling herself with making little pokemon plushes, which nobody but her seemed to like, when one started to move around! At first convinced it had come to life, she soon realized that a wandering Mimikyu had simply taken the dolls shell as its own little haven! To this day she continues to make many little pokedolls that line the shelves of her room. And occasionally seem to switch position on their own....

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Oh! Thats an easy one, the time that she tried to catch a charizard, but spooked it and it blasted her with fire. Wait.. no, The time she chased a magnemite and got hit by lightning... No, no, The time she tried to catch a caterpie and got webbed up to a tree. Wait, maybe the time she tried to catch a sandshrew and fell into a deep pit it dug. Oh, no! The time she tried to catch a jigglypuff and fell asleep in the forest for a full day... Or maybe it was the time she tried to catch a cloyster and got sprayed with so much water she caught a really bad cold... No, its gotta be the time that she tried to catch a cubone and it kept hitting her with its bone til she started crying.. Nnnnoooo... The time that she tried to catch a drifloon and was carried off to the next town...  Or.. just possibly the time she tried to catch Tapu Lele and was Confused for about a week after... Or, maybe, just maybe.....

Other:
Miminions!: A small tribe of Mimikyu travel with Tillia, happy to help her with daily day to day chores and other things in exchange for a safe home, lots of love from the girl (who finds nothing about them creepy at all, and any insistance that they are usually does not end well...) and a wonderful varity of plush shells to switch between! (all strictly non-combatant)

^------- This

This made my night. Literally couldn't stop chuckling to myself while reading this. Its actually a really cute story how her 1st Mimikyu just kinda appeared in one of her dolls. Even though the story is cute, imagining it in action gives me the FUCKING creeps! Seriously, I can't deal with this Pokemon. Its weird, disturbing, and kinda scary actually. But meh... I guess it's kinda cute. KINDA

Of course, we are all not here to debate the cuteness of Mimikyu. We are here to harshly judge your creativity and writing ability.

After much deliberation, the panel of Multiple Personalities have decided Tillia has...
Almost
Not quite
Yeah, you passed, lol.
Go ahead and post here in the Information Station. After that you can begin posting In Character

Gardsorm

TheLaughingOne

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ok, that was damn funny! And thanks!! Will get posted asap!!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

ZephySempai

New Editions are always welcome :)

We're currently engaging in our first group Pokemon battle. Very interested in seeing how THAT turns out.

Gardsorm

Sadly, for now Axel's useless until he gets a Pokemon that's land-capable, but right now it suits his 'prefers not to fight' mentality. =p But at my first chance, i'll probably be getting him a second Pokemon to augment his forces when possible~

Matthias von Rosenritter

Are you still recruiting for the game, Zephy? I just now noticed this and was astounded that I missed this on the first glance through the threads upon joining!
Time is an endless, tortured circle; alpha and omega indistinguishable from one another in the empyrean flow.

JoanieSappho

And now I'm rethinking the pokemon on that trainer card. For now, let's say that Shizu has no concrete plans for what her second/third will be.

AribethAmkiir

So, I've been watching this from the very beginning, and have a character halfway made, but I'm getting hung up on the history... :(

Gardsorm

Hung up on history? What've you got in mind? o= I personally felt it was fairly easy to fudge, but I know it's not the case for everyone.

AribethAmkiir

Well, knowing which city to come from in order to easily explain having a mudkip as her Pokemon.

JoanieSappho

Well, they're found in Hoenn and could easily be explained away as having also gotten into swampy areas. So, any town in Hoenn, as well as ... let's see. Pastoria city in Sinnoh (next to the Great Marsh), Laverre in Kalos and Icirrus in Unova (local swamp areas outside), near to any region's Safari Zone, really ...

That's where they'd be easily explainable as just being generally round. Still kinda rare, but there.

Gardsorm

Oof, i'm late, but nice assist Joanie!

But there ya go, hopefully that helps. :3

AribethAmkiir

Thank you both.

My next problem is trying to take one of those cities and figure out what the people are like.  The wiki's have little to no info, and the anime is vague and the people Ash meets in every city, and every region, seem like they're exactly alike.  :P

I know, I'm making it too complicated.

Gardsorm

I know a few of the regions are inspired by real life locales, so instead of thinking of them in a Pokemon sense, perhaps figure out what they parallel and work from there? Like, Kalos I believe was Poke-France or so. Alola is more obviously Poke-Hawaii or so (I think, not 100% sure).

Don't worry about making it difficult. :3 You're asking questions, and GM's usually like when one does because it shows interest. Though Zeph is probably asleep or at work right now, so we players can try to help too. XD

ZephySempai

I ducking love you guys!

A community that's selfsustaining when I'm sleep/at work/dead is every GMs dream.

As for the new recruits, yes, we are still accepting. We actually just added to the roster a few new characters so you guys wouldn't have missed much.

Also, don't make the history too hard for yourself, but at the same time I respect the passion. It's hard finding sensible details that fill the "in between" descriptions of your character, but when you do, it's a beautiful thing. I'll keep my eye out for it Amkiir. Im sure whatever you create is gonna blow me away.

Same for you Matthias! There's a bunch going on and much more to Come! Im looking forward to it.

Also, Shizu, I feel you pain. I've no idea how Xha's roster will go in the future aside from one plot event in the Haunted Mansion. Other than that no clue what he should catch if he catches anything lol

JoanieSappho

Also, my mind is in a terrible place.
The first thought about deciding what she might pick up later in the game? "First, I'll make a list of all the pokemon I'm attracted to ..." >.<

And then I thought 'Why not Seviper'? Which might actually work, but would have to be her very last one and take a lot of work on her part to even want to have anthing to do with it at all.

ZephySempai

I love the way that thought process works. Do your tastes go for more humanoid Pokemon or beastial?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: ZephySempai on June 01, 2017, 10:29:11 AM
I love the way that thought process works. Do your tastes go for more humanoid Pokemon or beastial?

A bit of both. Said list would include stuff like "Gardevoir, Mienshao, Miltank, Arcanine, Misdreavus, Suicune, Mareep, Lopunny, Weavile, Liepard, Tsareena ..." hypno, Malamar and Cofagrigus too, but more for the mind control in the first two cases and the 'being trapped inside and molested by ghosthands' of the third.
Sometimes I think I have too many kinks.

Gardsorm

That's an interesting way to choose Pokemon. =p Me, I choose by combat merit mostly, but I won't lie that my latest choice in deciding what Pokemon Axel gets next would be something to help incase that sort of relevancy came along. :p

Thunder Splash

Is there room here for one more trainer? Not sure who I'd want my starter to be and I have to read more of what other characters there are, but consider me interested.

Gardsorm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Thunder, but this game's GM hasn't been seen since July, so the game sort-of faded away.

Thunder Splash

XP Aww man. Well, on to plan B then, if anyone else frequents this place still and is itching for a Pokémon game I'll be setting my own up. Then maybe if this GM comes back we can all enjoy 2 Pokémon games.

Gardsorm

I'm all for that. o= Can't wait to see what you cook up!

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 07, 2017, 09:07:19 AM
XP Aww man. Well, on to plan B then, if anyone else frequents this place still and is itching for a Pokémon game I'll be setting my own up. Then maybe if this GM comes back we can all enjoy 2 Pokémon games.

Well, you have my interest, at least.

Thunder Splash

Here is the link to the interest thread I've made. It's bare bones right ow and I will flush it out more over the next few days.