Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)

Started by ZephySempai, April 11, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZephySempai

...Why is that thing so unsettling...? Shit like that exists in a kid's show?

Hesitantly, I will accept it. Creepy as hell.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 15, 2017, 09:33:04 AM
...Why is that thing so unsettling...? Shit like that exists in a kid's show?

Hesitantly, I will accept it. Creepy as hell.

But it just wants to be loved! It even has a song about it.

Except the one in the anime which utterly hates and wants to murder Pikachu. All of them.
... okay, that one kinda proves your point.  :P

Rynn

Quote from: LivingGarment on April 15, 2017, 09:23:39 AM
One more question. Can I have a Mimikyu as a partner?

At first I was agreeing with Zephy, it's a creepy little thing.... And then I saw this, and all was kay :-/

No problem with the informationing of newbies, the more people that are around the more content I have about to latch onto. Hiding my lack of understanding and knowledge of the pokeverse! :P
Also thanks for the information Joanie, it certainly helped update myself a bit. I did know about the regional varinants though since I was initially contemplating a Sandshrew and saw the regional variant. :P

LivingGarment

Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

AidenWhite

Name: Souta Kujo

Sexual Preference: Straight

Personality: Souta was always an enthusiastic dreamer. As a small child, he dreamed of taking on the Pokemon League Challenge and beating every strong trainer out there. Souta is competitive and loves a challenge. He absolutely despises handouts and people going easy on him. Even if he is expected to lose and he is sorely outmatched (regardless of activity), he tries his absolute best. He enjoys being the company of other people, he is very sociable

Home Town: Cherrygrove City

Starter Pokemon: Aron
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: Souta comes from humble beginnings in Cherrygrove City. His father is a scientist that works for Silph Company. His family has moved back and forth from Johto and Kanto. However, his parents decided for him and his mother to stay in Cherrygrove while his father worked in Saffron and came back home from time to time. Souta was largely raised by his loving mother and she nurtured his competitive side. He was able to attend the Pokemon School in Violet City and learn the basics from there. Souta wasn't the top of his class by any means, he didn't care much for studying about Pokemon. He excelled whenever he was able to interact with Pokemon first hand. He's had many friends and rivals during his time in school which was the highlight of his life.

However, when he was 16, his mother fell ill and eventually passed away from an unknown illness and that affected Souta greatly. He moved to Saffron City to live with his father and assisted him with his experiments, albeit a bit reluctantly. He never could really forgive his father for leaving his family behind, but he understood it was a job and his father didn't feel right having them move back and forth constantly. Eventually he made amends with his father and became closer with him, really absorbing in his studies. He matured as a human being under the supervision of his father but his competitive nature was still there, to get the best results and faster than anyone else. When Mega Evolution was discovered, he and his father were kept very busy, trying to study the intricacies of the stones that caused the catalyst for this evolution. It was a hectic few years.

Souta's father eventually felt however that Souta should be with other kids his age rather than being with him and other old scientists in a dark and cold room, staring at things under a microscope. He enrolled him into Pokken Academy for this purpose and while Souta tried to argue, he could never win against his father because he always made sense. Souta never had a Pokemon of his own officially, always borrowing one for battles at the school, but he did get close to one Pokemon during his time in the lab. That Pokemon was Aron. He didn't pick a name for him, but his father let him take Aron with him to the academy. And the rest, as they say, was history.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Most of his memories of Pokemon were when he attended the Pokemon School in Violet City. However, his best memory with Pokemon didn't happen until he was with his father and it was when he met Aron. Aron was like a mirror version of Souta, competitive and tough. 

Worst Experience With Pokemon: He was walking to school when he was little and on the way he ran into a swarm of Beedrills. It was definitely not the best time running away and jumping into a lake, clothes and everything.

Other: He loves jelly doughnuts.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

ZephySempai

Quote from: AidenWhite on April 15, 2017, 09:31:34 PM

Name: Souta Kujo

Sexual Preference: Straight

Personality: Souta was always an enthusiastic dreamer. As a small child, he dreamed of taking on the Pokemon League Challenge and beating every strong trainer out there. Souta is competitive and loves a challenge. He absolutely despises handouts and people going easy on him. Even if he is expected to lose and he is sorely outmatched (regardless of activity), he tries his absolute best. He enjoys being the company of other people, he is very sociable

Home Town: Cherrygrove City

Starter Pokemon: Aron

Background: Souta comes from humble beginnings in Cherrygrove City. His father is a scientist that works for Silph Company. His family has moved back and forth from Johto and Kanto. However, his parents decided for him and his mother to stay in Cherrygrove while his father worked in Saffron and came back home from time to time. Souta was largely raised by his loving mother and she nurtured his competitive side. He was able to attend the Pokemon School in Violet City and learn the basics from there. Souta wasn't the top of his class by any means, he didn't care much for studying about Pokemon. He excelled whenever he was able to interact with Pokemon first hand. He's had many friends and rivals during his time in school which was the highlight of his life.

However, when he was 16, his mother fell ill and eventually passed away from an unknown illness and that affected Souta greatly. He moved to Saffron City to live with his father and assisted him with his experiments, albeit a bit reluctantly. He never could really forgive his father for leaving his family behind, but he understood it was a job and his father didn't feel right having them move back and forth constantly. Eventually he made amends with his father and became closer with him, really absorbing in his studies. He matured as a human being under the supervision of his father but his competitive nature was still there, to get the best results and faster than anyone else. When Mega Evolution was discovered, he and his father were kept very busy, trying to study the intricacies of the stones that caused the catalyst for this evolution. It was a hectic few years.

Souta's father eventually felt however that Souta should be with other kids his age rather than being with him and other old scientists in a dark and cold room, staring at things under a microscope. He enrolled him into Pokken Academy for this purpose and while Souta tried to argue, he could never win against his father because he always made sense. Souta never had a Pokemon of his own officially, always borrowing one for battles at the school, but he did get close to one Pokemon during his time in the lab. That Pokemon was Aron. He didn't pick a name for him, but his father let him take Aron with him to the academy. And the rest, as they say, was history.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Most of his memories of Pokemon were when he attended the Pokemon School in Violet City. However, his best memory with Pokemon didn't happen until he was with his father and it was when he met Aron. Aron was like a mirror version of Souta, competitive and tough. 

Worst Experience With Pokemon: He was walking to school when he was little and on the way he ran into a swarm of Beedrills. It was definitely not the best time running away and jumping into a lake, clothes and everything.

Other: He loves jelly doughnuts.

There will be Jelly Donuts at orientation for himself and Aron to enjoy, so no worries there. I like his determination and attitude. I get the feeling that he always has good intentions but somehow comes off as abrasive sometimes. Maybe that's just me, but I guess you'll just have to show me, huh?

Consider yourself accepted. Congratulations! Please post your accepted sheet in the Information Station and we'll see Souta at the academy!

AidenWhite

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 15, 2017, 11:25:08 PM
There will be Jelly Donuts at orientation for himself and Aron to enjoy, so no worries there. I like his determination and attitude. I get the feeling that he always has good intentions but somehow comes off as abrasive sometimes. Maybe that's just me, but I guess you'll just have to show me, huh?

Consider yourself accepted. Congratulations! Please post your accepted sheet in the Information Station and we'll see Souta at the academy!

He definitely still has some sore spots because of his mother's death and his time with his father, the scientist, probably didn't nurture his emotional side as much as it should've been, so he could come across as abrasive sometimes. But he definitely has good intentions!

Also, thanks! It's a pleasure to be in your game ^^

Serana

Quote from: Rynn on April 15, 2017, 02:52:18 AM
The K-ON vibe is strong in this one <3 Just kidding, though I am looking forward to how Keiko plays out. A little disappointed that she won't be carrying her guitar around though since I kind of imagined her to have a bit of a busker feel to her, shouldering her guitar and never parting with it rain hail or shine.

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 15, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
*Hands out acceptance badge* Congratulations and welcome to Pokken Academy! Though I kinda had the same feel Rynn had about her carrying her guitar everywhere, lol. Maybe when she's closer to home she'll have it and'll switch out for long treks. Only time will tell.

It's always possible! Someone could encourage it, research could lead to it, etc. I could easily see an early roleplay storyline leading towards her always carrying it. Might take her finding something a little less unwieldy. Something smaller and acoustic as opposed to electric (the one she has in the picture is similar to what I see her using typically). Alternatively, someone inclined towards tinkering may be able to help her come up with a small wearable amp so she could play an electric guitar anywhere. Could be neat development!

Also, I could just straight up change it before RP starts. If people think it would make for a more interesting character, I can run with it :D It isn't nearly as character defining as the fact that Keiko really enjoys music and wants to use it to help and work with Pokemon in some way :) Maybe the second guitar she has is that smaller acoustic one I talked about, and the goal is to find a way to carry her electric one with her?

Hm. That could work too :D So many possibilities. I'm just glad to be back to roleplaying, it's been awhile for me :D

Serana

OK, posted over in the info thread. I did make a small change to the other section. She WILL carry her smaller acoustic guitar around town (or, at this point, around campus) with her, but is less likely to carry it on a longer journey. However, she could probably be talked into doing so by anyone traveling with her.

Thanks again for the ideas all. Looking forward to roleplaying with you!

JoanieSappho

Wait. Donuts.
Jelly filled donuts?

You did not just go there, did you?  :P

ZephySempai

Quote from: Serana on April 16, 2017, 12:01:42 AM
It's always possible! Someone could encourage it, research could lead to it, etc. I could easily see an early roleplay storyline leading towards her always carrying it. Might take her finding something a little less unwieldy. Something smaller and acoustic as opposed to electric (the one she has in the picture is similar to what I see her using typically). Alternatively, someone inclined towards tinkering may be able to help her come up with a small wearable amp so she could play an electric guitar anywhere. Could be neat development!

Also, I could just straight up change it before RP starts. If people think it would make for a more interesting character, I can run with it :D It isn't nearly as character defining as the fact that Keiko really enjoys music and wants to use it to help and work with Pokemon in some way :) Maybe the second guitar she has is that smaller acoustic one I talked about, and the goal is to find a way to carry her electric one with her?

Hm. That could work too :D So many possibilities. I'm just glad to be back to roleplaying, it's been awhile for me :D

I like that idea actually. We've got like a million researchers  and tinkerers in the game so far.  I can definitely see one of them taking an interest in helping her carry her things around.  Either designing a lighter guitar or making a small amp. The plottage never stops lol.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on April 16, 2017, 05:09:26 AM
Wait. Donuts.
Jelly filled donuts?

You did not just go there, did you?  :P

I started there. Where wuz You? Lol

For those skilled enough to locate and repost their characters in the information station, your first quest is completed. Feel free to pop in the main IC thread whenever and meet your soon to be teammates. I'll be updating the room assignments sometime today so you should all know (if) who your roommates are soon :)

Relikai

Aye. Give me about 24 hours to do so. On my last stretch of assignments, almost done with them...

Serana

I just read the part about donuts

Now I want to go get donuts.

Dangit.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 16, 2017, 08:32:43 AM
I like that idea actually. We've got like a million researchers  and tinkerers in the game so far.  I can definitely see one of them taking an interest in helping her carry her things around.  Either designing a lighter guitar or making a small amp. The plottage never stops lol.

I started there. Where wuz You? Lol

For those skilled enough to locate and repost their characters in the information station, your first quest is completed. Feel free to pop in the main IC thread whenever and meet your soon to be teammates. I'll be updating the room assignments sometime today so you should all know (if) who your roommates are soon :)

Where was I? I was using my frying pan as a drying pan!

Man, those dubs ...

Snake

Nice cards. I can't use the site unfortunately. it lags my computer up when I try to.  But i thin it's the connection I'm on >.<

LivingGarment

Ok so here's my application

Appearance:

Name: Rowena Thomas

Sexual Preference: Bi

Personality: Fairly chipper and enthusiastic, hard to keep still.

Home Town: Ecruteak City

Starter Pokemon: Mimikyu (nicknamed Mimiqui)

Background: Having lived in Johto, Rowena was delighted when her parents gave her a Pokemon. A gift from her aunt, they’d said, whom lived in Alola. The Mimikyu she received would rapidly become her main partner.
Whilst Rowena enjoyed her life in Johto, she soon wanted more; so she travelled to Pycerus Island to attend Pokken Academy. Despite her young age, Rowena is enthusiastic and ready to prove herself!
Her main interest in life is studying Pokemon whom have alternate forms.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Rowena’s love of Pokemon started young. Her parents had a pet Nidoran (M) that Rowena would often play with. When she received Mimiqui, Rowena would spend hours playing with Mimiqui and eventually battling alongside him.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: When she was quite young, Rowena found herself lost in the woods. The deep forest made her fearful but it wasn’t until the Ariados attacked that she was genuinely scared. Thankfully she was rescued before Ariados could cause any major harm, but she remains fearful of spider-like Pokemon to this day.

Other:
Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

Drake Valentine

Roughdraft, gotta head out in town, will finish later.

Name: Yukimura, Ryuuji

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Cold, calculating, devious; probably the simpler ways of labeling Ryuuji. He may seem far from intimidating given his rather weak starter, but he isn’t a young man to not be taken seriously. He is far in conspiring, reading up on many common strategies in pokemon use. Not everyone is dealt a good hand, but he tends to make due with the cards he is given and his ambition alone will be that of a dream team starring Magikarp. He doesn’t care how many may laugh now as he knows he will be the one laughing down the road when his roster is complete.  As a result he has also a haughty air about himself, many times looking down upon other pokemon users. Whether this be from his pride, jealousy, or warped personality is anyone's guess.  Also, he isn't beneath in using every trick in the book if it may mean securing a victory; almost similar to some of the former notorious 'Team' gangs. Though Ryuuji is far from unorthodox in terms of poaching or preying on pokemon, world domination, and other silly dreams those villainous teams shared or attempted.

Home Town: Snowpoint City

Starter Pokemon:
Magikarp

Background: Ryuuji grew up within Snowpoint City,  like many children he intended the training school there after receiving his first pokemon. Of course, unlike many children, his pokemon was far from special, a simple fish that only knew how to flail around and still does just that most of the time. It wasn't an easy life and Ryuuji spent more time reading up on the basics involving pokemon more than he did in actual fighting. What battles he did do were typically one-sided; but he made no complaints. He paid no heed to others bolstering, nor was he one to try to trade off his pokemon for a potential better one. It was from those losses and ridicule that would motivate him down the line to do better and having learned all the basics from what the training school had to offer, he decided to adventure elsewhere with more information on the pokemon world.

That would lead to him moving to Pycerus island to attend the Pokkan Academy. Of course, academically Ryuuji was ahead of his game and even with his acceptance he again spent most of his time studying and learning of various pokemon abilities, flaws, strengths, whatever the Academy had to offer. Knowledge was the first step of winning any battles and he knew well no team was truly perfect. Still, from the losses he shared, he was far from giving up on Magikarp,  this was another reason to his studies, to find a means to strengthen what he had. One could call it, a bit of a slap in the face irony, his desire for revenge for former humiliations kept him going. What the Academy had for him was more to his liking, enough for him to already conclude a future roster involving the pokemon necessary for his payback.

The only issue at hand was acquiring that dream team to feature Magikarp, he already had the starting star, obtaining others along with items would be the trickier of routes down the road.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Magikarp finally learning tackle. 

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Losing many times, Ryuuji still needs to build his team around his Magikarp.

Other: Magikarp, enough said.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

ZephySempai

Quote from: LivingGarment on April 16, 2017, 01:18:34 PM
Ok so here's my application

Appearance:

Name: Rowena Thomas

Sexual Preference: Bi

Personality: Fairly chipper and enthusiastic, hard to keep still.

Home Town: Ecruteak City

Starter Pokemon: Mimikyu (nicknamed Mimiqui)

Background: Having lived in Johto, Rowena was delighted when her parents gave her a Pokemon. A gift from her aunt, they’d said, whom lived in Alola. The Mimikyu she received would rapidly become her main partner.
Whilst Rowena enjoyed her life in Johto, she soon wanted more; so she travelled to Pycerus Island to attend Pokken Academy. Despite her young age, Rowena is enthusiastic and ready to prove herself!
Her main interest in life is studying Pokemon whom have alternate forms.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Rowena’s love of Pokemon started young. Her parents had a pet Nidoran (M) that Rowena would often play with. When she received Mimiqui, Rowena would spend hours playing with Mimiqui and eventually battling alongside him.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: When she was quite young, Rowena found herself lost in the woods. The deep forest made her fearful but it wasn’t until the Ariados attacked that she was genuinely scared. Thankfully she was rescued before Ariados could cause any major harm, but she remains fearful of spider-like Pokemon to this day.

Other:

Your Pokemon is still creepy! But that's okay. Just... Keep it under control I guess lol. Aside from your Pokemon, Rowena seems like a fun addition to the roster. Also, it's nice to see a different hair color finally, lol. We got a ton of blondes running around already so the red'll definitely help distinguish her.

Congratulations on your badge of acceptance! Your second mission is to locate and post your character in the information station! Should you complete that mission you will then be allowed to post In Character!! I'll let you know when I assign you a dorm :)

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 17, 2017, 09:22:39 AM
Roughdraft, gotta head out in town, will finish later.

Name: Yukimura, Ryuuji

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Cold, calculating, devious; probably the simpler ways of labeling Ryuuji. He may seem far from intimidating given his rather weak starter, but he isn’t a young man to not be taken seriously. He is far in conspiring, reading up on many common strategies in pokemon use. Not everyone is dealt a good hand, but he tends to make due with the cards he is given and his ambition alone will be that of a dream team starring Magikarp. He doesn’t care how many may laugh now as he knows he will be the one laughing down the road when his roster is complete.  As a result he has also a haughty air about himself, many times looking down upon other pokemon users. Whether this be from his pride, jealousy, or warped personality is anyone's guess.

Home Town: Snowpoint City

Starter Pokemon: Magikarp

Background: -Pending-

Best Experience With Pokemon: (What are some of the good things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Losing many times, Ryuuji still needs to build his team around his Magikarp.

Other: Magikarp, enough said.

Bruh... this! Just This! ALL of this! Please finish so I can tell you why I love this so much lol

Rynn

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 17, 2017, 02:18:51 PMYour second mission is to locate and post your character in the information station! Should you complete that mission you will then be allowed to post In Character!! I'll let you know when I assign you a dorm :)
*Undermines Zephy's attempt at giving out challenging quests by linking to the following:
Pokken OoC
Pokken Information Station

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 17, 2017, 02:18:51 PM
Also, it's nice to see a different hair color finally, lol. We got a ton of blondes running around already so the red'll definitely help distinguish her.
I know T_T
Part of me wants to retract my character and throw in something different.
4/7 girls were blondes, and I'm not too proud of being one of them....
Though I suppose that's still heaps better than the number of guys with short black hair XD

Drake Valentine

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 17, 2017, 02:18:51 PM

Bruh... this! Just This! ALL of this! Please finish so I can tell you why I love this so much lol

Will do after nap, been busy day and got sidetracked.

Cause you probably know what I am trying to do with team when other pokemon start being recruited. Who needs any evolutions, mega evolutions, reverse evolution(or whatever hell it was called) or legandaries when you have... MAGIKARP.

I think I will update an image for him in... Yess...

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Rynn

Ryuuji uses fish-slap, it's always super effective.
Cause if it doesn't hurt... it still smells T_T
Looking forward to your completed application Drake! :)

Drake Valentine

Updated and done,  I guess.

Also changed his image cause there was a good many of darker hair males floating around; after I decided to look at player roster.

Rynn

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 18, 2017, 12:01:30 AM
Updated and done,  I guess.

Also changed his image cause there was a good many of darker hair males floating around; after I decided to look at player roster.
Cold, Calculating and Magikarp! <3
Undecided on whether he's the most appealing male character we've got, but I think he's hands down the most interesting. I look forward to him getting accepted :P

AidenWhite

Kinda curious how he succeeds using only Magikarp. Might be fun!

Rynn