Everyone's A Hero! Recruiting (Freeform Fantasy Romp - LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, August 21, 2015, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Everyone's A Hero

“Welcome, adventurer!

“The setting of this group game is a fantasy starter town where an endless train of would-be heroes inexplicably show up and take their first steps toward saving the world by chasing rabbits away from the watermelons and learning how to cast ice bolt. It's meant to be a lighthearted farce, resembling a low level fantasy game or MMO rife with fan service and sex.  This will be a “real” world so no quest icons, no gold sellers, no human players behind the screen. Our world is just naturally incongruous.

All kinds of character archetypes would be welcome, from half-angel orator to drow assassin to heterochromatic bunny-eared summoner of eldritch horrors. The game would flow loosely guided by quest-style events with reality show-style simple objectives, with the ultimate goal of teaching your would-be heroes the very basics of trouncing ooky spiders and taking their loot.”
– Dhi (Jan. 15th 2015)

This was the concept a friend of mine pitched earlier this year and it just stuck in my head and never left.  I absolutely love the idea so I asked if she would mind if I took it and ran with it and she said, “Go for it!”  Okay maybe she didn’t say exactly that, but it was close enough.  If you would enjoy a light hearted romp with low powered characters where a farmer’s daughter may award you for chasing off the nasty kobolds threatening her turnip patch with a little more than a kiss on the cheek or where the studly woodsman may offer you a cord of his wood for finding his lost tools, then this is the place for you. 

This is not a game about an MMO or a Keep on the Borderlands Basic D&D adventure, but any of those tropes will work as will so many others.  The key is to make it fun and light-hearted.  I expect leopard skin loincloths, utterly pointless and revealing armor, odd ball pets, and any other number of strange and fun things that a starting adventurer could have.  Just remember in this game the bunnies are dangerous, the wizards have only a spell or two, all npc’s are bi and open to experimentation and if you don’t shake in fear at the thought of running into a giant spider in the dark forest you are way too powerful to be in this town and will be quickly shown the way to the city gate.

Sound like fun?

Amberdale

Amberdale is a small town bustling town at the intersection of the Eastern Trade Road and the Shadow Vale Caravan Route.  It is surrounded by farmland that has been cut from the Oldwall Forest.  Amberdale has one large inn and tavern, the Vine and Horn, which attracts merchants, adventurers and locals looking for news from the capital. There is a help wanted board just outside of the Inn.  Creatures from the Oldwall Forest and Shadow Vale are a constant nuisance to the citizens of Amberdale and the surrounding farmers and intrigues from the capital sometimes find the town a safe place to fester and take root.  Wardens from nearby Fort Castor do patrol the roads, but they are few and far between.  Amberdale does have a town watch.

FAQ

Q: Is this a system game?
A: No this is a freeform game.

Q: What about combat?  How do we know who wins?
A:  We are all adults and can come to an agreement on the outcome.  If you need help I will figure out who wins in a completely random way.

Q: Can I be this big bad uber <insert ultra powerful whatever here>?
A:  Nope we are all newbie adventurers here.

Q: Can I be <insert race, class, strange non-uber powerful whatever here>?
A: Heck yeah!

Q: Can I be a villager and not an adventurer?
A: Absolutely!

Q: Is this game LGBT friendly?
A: Absolutely.  I will add npc’s for whatever sexualities are in the game, but I really hope to have PC’s that cover all sexualities.

Q: What about Futanari?
A: For now the answer is no, but that could change as the game progresses.

Q: What kind of artwork can I use?
A: My personal preference for this game is cheesecake fantasy art/realistic anime (a lot of Korean fantasy art and game are falls under this) and the like.  Some people are not big fans of manga style anime, but if that is the only image that really fits it will ultimately be up to you.  I would recommend staying away from it though.

Q: Can I play a monsterous race?
A: Sure just make them sexy, a beginning adventurer and give them some reason to be in the town and you can play whatever you want?

Q: What forum is this going to be in?
A: Exotic Bondage Small Group

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for optional character image goes here>[/img][/float]
[b]Name :[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] <Human, Drow, Centaur, Were-Bunny…etc>
[b]Occupation:[/b] <This could be fighter, Inn Keeper, Squire, Wizard Apprentice, Farmer’s Daughter, heterochromatic bunny-eared summoner of eldritch horrors …whatever>
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Ons :[/b]
[b]Offs :[/b]
[b]Favorite Mode of Attack:[b] <Duel-wielding swords, Bow, Ice Bolt, Frying Pan, my pet attack squirrel….etc.  This should be limited to a couple of attacks.>

[b]Height :[/b]
[b]Build :[/b]
[b]Description :[/b]
[b]Personality :[/b]

[b]Story :[/b]

Game Threads

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Some art inspiration, but please do not limit yourself.  The campier, cheesecakier and just plain fun and interesting the better!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

A Painter

Crash

Wonderful!  That is what I am hoping for.  Just some lighthearted fun...and sex, but fun!

Unlike a lot of my games which require a bunch of players, this one really doesn't so as soon as we have a few characters I can get the IC Thread(s) up and running!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

A Painter

There are so many possibilities for this game!  I can't decide which picture to use!

I'm leaning towards the ones in the middle though!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

A Painter

He looks like fun.  I already have an idea as to how I would play him in my head.
But what did you have in mind? :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: A Painter on August 21, 2015, 01:18:42 AM
He looks like fun.  I already have an idea as to how I would play him in my head.
But what did you have in mind? :)

Ettiene is a bon vivant.  He is eager for diversion and often finds it in the company of friends.  The stage appeals to him:  he likes to put on plays and recite comedic/outlandish poetry.  Laughing is very important to him, and Ettiene can find the humor in everything.  The only thing that he takes very seriously is his swordsmanship.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crash

Capone

I like your ideas, Crash (or should I say Dhi this time?). This one also came at the right time because I've been playing Legend of Mana thanks to Playstation's Squenix sale, and the artwork has been giving me a craving for light-hearted fluffy fantasy. Talk about perfect timing.

My initial thoughts: in video game lingo, a blacksmith's apprentice that is technically an NPC but who's boss keeps treating him like an adventurer. So a complete lack of combat skills, and yet is always forced to go into the Cavern of Blusteringly Batty Bats to gather ores and minerals, only to constantly come running out screaming. So incentive to go on adventures and to seek out other newbies, while also having a profession that could bring some of the newbies to him.

I'll see if I can find artwork this evening after work.

Crash

Sounds like fun Capone.

I have a few NPC's I am getting together...a barmaid, bubblegum haired necromancer, Captain of the Watch, woodsman, farmers, probably a few others to fill in as needed.

Crash

Please feel free to ask questions.  There are endless tropes to pull from! 

TeamVelma

I cast a +3 message of expressing interest in joining.

I used to play half-elf/ranger characters in my pencil and paper RPG days (MERP mostly with some Rolemaster).  Sounds like a blast.
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Crash

Once characters start rolling in we can get going.  I know there isn't a lot of history here and that is okay if you put in your background that your drow kitten lover is a run away from the Shadow Vale then we have established that there are Drow in Shadow Vale and your character has an unhealthy interest in cats.  Instant history!

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Crash

Excellent.  I will have some more information up hopefully tonight.  Mostly fun fluff stuff and maybe an npc/character or two.  Don't let tha slow anyone down from working on characters!

Chulanowa

Okay, I want in.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of manga / anime and the "j-rpg" look. All that airbrushing and photoshop filters, yup. But i DO loves me some schlocky classic fantasy art! So that's definitely a thing

Nowherewoman

Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!

Considering this. Some Darkity Dark Elf Mistress of Dark Deeds, maybe. If I can find the bandwidth...
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Crash

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 21, 2015, 04:28:19 PM
Okay, I want in.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of manga / anime and the "j-rpg" look. All that airbrushing and photoshop filters, yup. But i DO loves me some schlocky classic fantasy art! So that's definitely a thing

Standard fantasy art is perfectly fine too.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on August 21, 2015, 04:36:38 PM
Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!

Considering this. Some Darkity Dark Elf Mistress of Dark Deeds, maybe. If I can find the bandwidth...

Excellent.  Someone find this woman some bandwidth!!!!

Capone

Boy, you want (high-powered) fantasy cheesecake art, just Google Image search Legend of the Cryptids. You'll find something to use as a character in the future.

Not sure if you wanted character sheets PM'ed or not, Crash. Posting it behind a spoiler tag here just to be safe-ish (so it doesn't take up too much space, y'see). I have two options for character art, but neither of them get the "bumbling" aspect I'm looking for. They look too... competent. But one of them will do.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Trevoby Flintwood (Trev or Flint for short)
Race: Human

Ons: Revealing clothing, bosoms, posteriors, female anatomy in general, sultry whispers, lusty moans, and the overall willingness to bone

Offs: Apathetic monotones, concealed clothing, priestesses (always so covered in robes, they are), sharp and pointy things aimed at him, sharp and pointy things aimed at his nethers, pain in general, bestial lower bodies, and hiccups. God damn those annoying hiccups!

Favorite Mode of Attack: Hammer Blow

Height: 5'9"
Build: Lean muscle from work as a blacksmith, hardly the winner of the Conan the Barbarian Award for Most Ripped Abs Sporting a Loincloth

Description: Short hair that's still long enough to reach past his forehead, with a tattoo on his breast that in any other setting would mean he's the "chosen/prophesied/destined one". In this world? It means he's always being asked about it and no he doesn't know what it means, thank you very much. Hairless chest and abdomen, and thank goodness because he singes his eyebrows often enough. Hands are a bit rough and calloused from burns and work.

Personality: A bit of a dreamer, but a lecherous one. His dreams of heroism focus purely on the financial and sexual rewards with little consideration towards the heroic acts required to obtain them. Got a story to tell of a far away land? His first thought is what sort of lady creatures are there to potentially romance. Though it's not like he has much romance on the mind. Even so, complain as he does about his work, he does enjoy it and finds it a great way to focus one's mind and find satisfaction. It's that whole bloody "motivation" that keeps interfering. Despite all this, he's often described as a "good boy, just button yourself up if you want him to look you in the eyes".

Story: Some children destined for greatness never know their parents. Left upon the stoop of a monastery, a castle, or some innocent peasant's home... yet Trevoby was left upon the porch of an inn. Wait, was it the porch? Perhaps it was the back door. Wait, left in one of the rooms? Goodness, not the stable, was it? Well, wherever it was, there was baby Trevoby, and there was the Gnomish innkeep left without a clue of what to do. He tried to make the baby work, but the baby couldn't even stand on its own feet, let alone hold a broom! It was with great fortune that the bar maids stopped their Gnome employer from placing the babe into a boiling pot, and together they took turns mothering the boy.

He grew up surrounded by stories of adventure and wonderment, but none of that interested him. It was the blades that they wielded that ensnared his mind. The craftsmanship so exquisite, and each so different from the next. Even your basic short sword held small little notches and nicks that set it apart from its mass-produced brothers. Adventure? Pah! Let the chumps do the walking and fighting. An adventurer is just a man and bound to die, but the blade? The blade will live forever, passed on from one great legend to the next. It's not the wielder, no, but the blade that is the myth.

Unfortunately, by time he was sixteen and old enough to apprentice, he was on the wrong side of the Blacksmith's favor. Trevoby had some run-in with his daughter, y'see. In fact, he had run-ins with many of the daughters of the village, some ending happily for him, others... not so much. You develop an odd relationship with women when all of your mothers are barmaids that do a bit more than maiding the bars, if you catch my meaning (and if you do, would you kindly explain it to me?) So he was forced to grab his pack and set off down the road to the town over... and the town after that... and then the next, until finally, at Amberdale, he found a blacksmith without a daughter with whom to run into (or fall into (or hammer into (this could go on for a while))) and happened to be looking for an apprentice. It's been a good home for the past few months, and the work has been enjoyable and the women are gorgeous. Most of all, enough keep passing through that any reputation means rubbish! Now if only he could develop his debonair technique...

Crash

Yeah, Legend of the Cryptids has some serious cheesecake fantasy art.

Post characters here is fine.  I will get a character thread up when we have a couple more.  I am going to work on some tonight, though my daughters may pull me away for a couple of games of Force of Will.

PhantomPistoleer

Is it possible to build multiple characters? o_O
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Izaya Orihara

Seems interesting, though I'll be away for a bit, soon.

Well, here's my character app:

Not a girl
Name : Auristel Therius Lerácyntain

Race: Human (part Aasimar)
Ons : Most things.
Offs : Animals.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Sword. On horseback, he uses a lance.
Height : 5'4"
Build : Feminine/Ectomorph.
Description : Auristel is an androgynous-looking boy with long pink hair, and eyes that alternate between pink and purple. He's quite lightweight, and tends to be swayed by his interest in cute things, in regards to fashion choice.
Personality : Though a bit shy and easily embarrassed, he is generally quite optimistic, positive and energetic. He likes adventuring, having fun, cute things, sweets, and generally investigating stuff, to the extent that he can be considered "curiosity in human form". Nonetheless, he can be a bit clumsy, lacking in common sense, and ends up often finding himself in unexpected situations, both good and bad. Though it often ends up with him in some sort of trouble. Auristel isn't that good at planning ahead. Despite some of his earlier mentioned personality traits, he is reasonably intelligent. Among other things, he also likes music, books, helping people, animals and nature. Whilst his noble's upbringing makes him a bit sheltered and naïve to an extent, his travelling (or however much he has done, so far) negates that a little.

Story : Auristel was born to a fairly wealthy noble family. To be exact, he was second son of the Archduke of Dal Calain, in the Kingdom of Shalzinn. His family was said to be descended from a celestial, though whenever that began, it was presumably a long time ago. Regardless, they were always known for their long lives, slow aging, beauty and unusual eyes. He was quite inquisitive from an early age, and had a knack for absorbing knowledge. As he grew up, he was often mistaken for a girl, and he ended up getting used to all the clothes made for him being those worn by women. Since all the tailors hired by his father assumed he was, and it ended up being less hassle to pass him off as one. One of his older sisters told him it was cute, too, which ended up being a further motivation for his choice in clothing. Despite his femininity, he ended up trying at times to seem less like a girl, delving into swordsmanship, and becoming a rather unusual knight.

Auristel was never exactly what one would call strong or tough, but his optimism and perseverance proved to be valuable traits. He tends to favour agility, to some degree, with the armour he wears being durable yet not particularly heavy-duty. That said, a certain earlier mentioned clumsiness, or bad luck, can mar what might otherwise be graceful. He often had a habit of sneaking off from the castle, and exploring the city nearby, or beyond its confines, to the neighbouring forests, hills, lakes and mountains. At some point, his interest in adventuring brought him into a semi-sedentary lifestyle, stopping at times, but travelling more often than not, though he may end up embellishing this, and trying to act like he's more worldly than he actually is. Though he has read a fair bit, anyway. Needless to say, whilst still young and inexperienced, Auristel has been in a couple of sticky predicaments already, one involving getting lost,  and the other involving encountering bandits and monsters. Even if these said few encounters may not have necessarily gone that well. Most recently, he has ended up at Amberdale.   
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Crash

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on August 21, 2015, 08:06:32 PM
Seems interesting, though I'll be away for a bit, soon.

Well, here's my character app:

Not a girl
Name : Auristel Therius Lerácyntain

Race: Human (part Aasimar)
Ons : Most things.
Offs : Animals.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Sword. On horseback, he uses a lance.
Height : 5'4"
Build : Feminine/Ectomorph.
Description : Auristel is an androgynous-looking boy with long pink hair, and eyes that alternate between pink and purple. He's quite lightweight, and tends to be swayed by his interest in cute things, in regards to fashion choice.
Personality : Though a bit shy and easily embarrassed, he is generally quite optimistic, positive and energetic. He likes adventuring, having fun, cute things, sweets, and generally investigating stuff, to the extent that he can be considered "curiosity in human form". Nonetheless, he can be a bit clumsy, lacking in common sense, and ends up often finding himself in unexpected situations, both good and bad. Though it often ends up with him in some sort of trouble. Auristel isn't that good at planning ahead. Despite some of his earlier mentioned personality traits, he is reasonably intelligent. Among other things, he also likes music, books, helping people, animals and nature. Whilst his noble's upbringing makes him a bit sheltered and naïve to an extent, his travelling negates that a fair bit.

Story : Auristel was born to a fairly wealthy noble family. To be exact, he was second son of the Archduke of Dal Calain, in the Kingdom of Shalzinn. His family was said to be descended from a celestial, though whenever that began, it was presumably a long time ago. Regardless, they were always known for their long lives, slow aging, beauty and unusual eyes. He was quite inquisitive from an early age, and had a knack for absorbing knowledge. As he grew up, he was often mistaken for a girl, and he ended up getting used to all the clothes made for him being those worn by women. Since all the tailors hired by his father assumed he was, and it ended up being less hassle to pass him off as one. One of his older sisters told him it was cute, too, which ended up being a further motivation for his choice in clothing. Despite his femininity, he ended up trying at times to seem less like a girl, delving into swordsmanship, and becoming a rather unusual knight.

Auristel was never exactly what one would call strong or tough, but his optimism and perseverance proved to be valuable traits. He tends to favour agility, to some degree, with the armour he wears being durable yet not particularly heavy-duty. That said, a certain earlier mentioned clumsiness, or bad luck, can mar what might otherwise be graceful. He often had a habit of sneaking off from the castle, and exploring the city nearby, or beyond its confines, to the neighbouring forests, hills, lakes and mountains. At some point, his interest in adventuring brought him into a semi-sedentary lifestyle, stopping at times, but travelling more often than not. Needless to say, despite his relative youth, Auristel has been in his fair share of sticky predicaments, be it from getting lost, encountering bandits and monsters, or a variety of other things. Most recently, he has ended up at Amberdale.

I like the character.  Remember though that you are a beginning adventure, so he would not be well traveled and would not have been in his fair share of sticky predicaments.  No one would be.  This goes against what the game is all about which is totally wide-eyed adventurers on their first adventures.