Mass Effect: Second Exodus (AU/sequel) [NC-EX]

Started by Karma, April 09, 2017, 05:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knowledge of ME1-3 is recommended for this game. ME:A knowledge will help you in general but is, by design, not required. The goal of this game is to replicate ME:A without spoiling it or needing to have played it.

1961: Yuri Gagarin launches humanity into space.
2069: Humanity’s first lunar colony is established.
2103: Humanity settles Mars.
2149: Charon is discovered to be a mass relay, launching humanity into the galaxy at large.
2157: The First Contact War.
2183: The Reaper Sovereign attacks the Citadel and is destroyed.

In the year 2186, the Reapers return in force, lighting fires across the galaxy. A combined galactic alliance forms to resist them, and is successful for a time, throwing everything they have into a last-ditch effort known as the Crucible. This device allows the galaxy’s heroine, Commander Raven Shepard, uplink with the Citadel and assume control of its systems in an attempt to shut down the Reapers from the inside.

It doesn’t work.

The Reapers, once a coldly efficient machine of murder, go mad. All semblance of purpose and war vanish in the face of insane violence. The assembled fleets, depending on Shepard to lower the Reapers’ defenses, are eviscerated. The Citadel, and those that are able, flee Earth as it falls, leaving millions in their wake. It seems all hope is lost; negligible military strength remains for the races of the galaxy, their commander’s body catatonic and maybe braindead, and the Crucible ultimately useless.

But Liara T’Soni has one last plan. She and Shepard, in the last days of the war, had been following up on Prothean leads, and discovered seemingly undamaged prothean stasis hubs. As the “Citadel fleet,” as it barely deserved to be called, jumps from system to system to escape the mad Reapers, Liara manages to activate many of these hubs, and wake up millions of protheans… along with their mothballed fleets. Awake and confused, a meager defense force is put together out of these ancients and their weapons, giving Liara precious time to enact her final gambit.

In 2176, the Andromeda Initiative was privately founded to explore beyond the bounds of the Milky Way. The main Nexus fleet had launched in 2185, barely a year before the Reapers razed the galaxy, but not only had the quarian multi-species ark remained behind due to environmental complications, many experimental and unfinished ark ships had been built. These were finished in secret and populated by those who could escape the Reapers, and through much pain, toil, and untold quantums of death, the T’Soni Plan was complete.

Unknown to anyone but Liara and her trusted advisors, Shepard had not died. Upon interfacing with the Citadel, she had indeed succeeded at taking it over, but after her catastrophic failure to dominate the Reapers, she had been severed from her body. It was this newborn superintelligence that had, in concert with Liara, awakened the protheans and supercharged the Exodus effort. Once all preparations were made, Shepard revealed herself to the galaxy once again, giving those scant millions that remained the hope they needed to leave their galactic home in search of something better.

2190: The T’Soni Plan is enacted. Exodus, a fleet made up of thousands of ships of all sizes, launches for the Andromeda galaxy. The Milky Way is abandoned by sentients.
2824: Exodus is thrown off course by the Scourge, an unknown phenomenon. Shepard attempts to adjust, allowing the Citadel and scattered parts of the fleet to reach the Selenus Cluster, the backup location.

The year is 2824. Players will be part of the Citadel Pathfinder team, based on the Tempest-class ship Desperado. You will explore the Selenus Cluster, discover the fate of the rest of the fleet, and encounter new foes, so far from home. You may play any ME race, protheans included, angara and kett excluded as we are not in the Heleus Cluster. One player will be the Citadel Pathfinder; if you are interested in this role please say so, with the understanding that you will be leading the squad and thus have a minor GM-eqsue role in that capacity. Please be sure you’re up for it.

I work a lot of hours and will absolutely require a full co-GM to help me manage the game. Please contact me via PM to express your interest and share your ideas with me. We’ll craft the worlds together.

Katerina Choudhury
Name: Katerina Choudhury
Aliases/Nicknames: Rin
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual

Class: Vanguard
Talents & Specializations: Biotic shock trooper
Professions: Alliance Military, N7 Special Ops, Exodus Initiative

Personality: Rin is a born berserker, bright-eyed and excitable. Her explosive biotic talents made her especially suited to the blitzing frontal assault style of vanguards. Equally quick to anger, joy, and lust, Katerina is a handful for any not accustomed to her. Since the latter days of flight from the Reapers, however, her immediate nature has trended almost suicidally rash.

History:  Katerina was born on Earth, but lusted for the stars from a young age. Like so many others of her generation, she joined the Alliance to get out into the galaxy and see it firsthand. None of them knew what was coming. She was a freshly promoted N7 when Sovereign struck, and from that day, Rin’s life was endless war. As the Reaper conflict dragged on, Katerina was personally selected by Commander Shepard for the N7 Spec Ops division, delivering point strikes to important targets. For all her team’s success, she still found herself on the Citadel, watching as the Milky Way shrunk in the vast distance before entering cryo for over six hundred years.

Appearance & Equipment: Rin’s skin is a deep russet brown, her eyes a bright, inviting gray-blue. Willowy and tall, she is quite elegant in the moments that she can stand still, which are few. She prefers asari light armor for range of motion but wears gauntlets for melee. She carries a Talon hand-shotgun.

Misc. Notes: Rin has a minor addiction to Trass, a salarian stimulant normally used by academy students when cramming.

Raven Shepard
Name: Raven Shepard
Aliases/Nicknames: Commander, Citadel Control
Race: Intelligence of human origin
Sex: Psychologically female
Orientation: Fruitlessly bisexual

Class: Natural Intelligence
Talents & Specializations: Strategic and tactical analysis
Professions: N7, Spectre, Consciousness

Personality: As a human, Raven was a straight shooter, getting directly to the point of business, politics, or pleasure. This trait has carried over to her new existence. She has little patience for corruption or cowardice, and has been known to be sarcastic, something SAMs can only dream of.

History: Raven Shepard is a hero of such stature that she needs little introduction. Responsible for stopping Saren and Sovereign, obliterating the Collectors, and leading in the war against the Reapers, the story of Shepard is known to all but the most reclusive. During the final battle at Earth, after consulting with the manipulative Leviathan AI contained in the Citadel, Raven chose to overwrite it and make her own destiny rather than accept any of the deeply suspicious choices offered by it. It was unacceptable to her to kill the geth, or enact an invasive reality-altering surgery, or to simply become the Reapers herself.

The attempt to destroy and replace the Leviathan AI was successful, but the attempt to deactivate the Reapers was catastrophically unsuccessful.  Very few know the truth of the events of that day; indeed the resultant destruction was not any more severe than if they had simply allowed the Reapers to run rampant. But Raven knows, and it has left her with a profound guilt, even if there were no other morally acceptable choice.

Anyone involved in Exodus will have encountered the Raven “AI” in some capacity, as she now managed all aspects of the Citadel, even the elevators. Since assuming direct control of the Exodus Initiative, Raven has proven invaluable as a nexus of information and analysis. Her once considerable tactical mind is now powered by Leviathan hypercomputers and carefully tended by Keepers. She has worked in close concert with her former lover and comrade, Dr. T’Soni, to see the plan to fruition. Raven is in constant contact with both Liara and the Citadel Pathfinder, having taken up the role that SAM was intended for.

Appearance & Equipment: Raven’s human body, currently in cryo, is unusually slim and wiry for a soldier of her reputation. Her body is hard and scarred from years of unceasing battle and strife. Her unprecedented number of cybernetic implants are readily visible beneath the dozens of ragged scars that line her body. As Citadel Control, Raven looks like an ancient space station. Like EDI, however, Shepard is able to take control of a specialized gynoid body that resembles her physical body. It is fully functional, so to speak, but cannot use biotics, leading to certain complications.

Misc. Notes: Raven is extremely sexually frustrated by her current plight, despite possessing no hormones. She craves to return to her own body.

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Aliases/Nicknames:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Talents & Specializations:[/b]
[b]Professions:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Appearance & Equipment:[/b]

[b]Misc. Notes:[/b]

OOC
Characters
IC - Citadel

la dame en noir

I'm automatically interested because your name is on it, Karma.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Hexed

ME:A is fun as hell. And this looks like lots of potential. :D

Is it going to be free-form or system based?

And I know the pathfinder's are special in their 'class/profile' setup so are there any limitations on what can and can't be used?

Countdown0

My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

I don't generally like being stuck to game rules. If you have an interesting idea let me know! It'll be free form.

Hexed

Freeform huh...

And classes/talents/gear from all three mass effect games are permitted? restrictions valid of course. What about ME:A milky way tech and talents?

Are AI permitted?

And how much sexualness are you wanting in the game?

Right now thinking techy or biotic type.

With the techy being some sort of AI. A want of sexyness just means Edi style body instead of geth style. :D

AI is a complicated subject and we'd have to talk about it more for me to give you a clear answer. Any powers are on the table, I don't think there's anything in ME:A that couldn't have been in a previous game in some fashion. Sexiness is up to the players!

Hexed

Yay. That means one doesn't HAVE to use thermal clips then.

Will admit I am hording my ME:A parts that keep weapons on a heat based system. Very very bad shot am I.

As for AI. It was an idea spawned peering at Quarian. If you'd rather not touch it fine by me. And to be honest they were just ran out of their home galaxy by crazed AI so...

An advanced VI is something you could have without us even needing to talk details. AI however would need to be developed in extreme secrecy, especially among the quarians, and that's not something easily done by an individual I would think. EDI wasn't even developed, she awoke on her own and Cerberus just got a hold of her. There's room for it work, I'd just want it to make sense.

Hexed

Ahhh. I'd seen your divergence was the crucible and figured the whole geth are now AI route might have been taken. :)

Just bouncing ideas as is. And no biotics if using AI so less likely go that way. really should settle on a class concept first.

I don't like any of those endings, so I made my own. *laughs*

BlackStone

Prosak

I'm really interested! I will pm you about being a co gm when I get home From work! For now posting this to show people I am interested. And keep the hype train rolling. Chu chu! Lol

Juggtacular

Is the Pathfinder position open? I can have an app up today. Like forreal. Just beat Andromeda yesterday so I'm hyped for this, lol.

Yup, it hasn't been claimed. :) Hope you're okay with a Shepard in your brain!

Juggtacular

Quote from: Karma on April 10, 2017, 12:20:49 PM
Yup, it hasn't been claimed. :) Hope you're okay with a Shepard in your brain!

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite brain on the Citadel. -glowing endorsement-

With Prosak helping me out and out Pathfinder chosen, we'll be able to move forward with the game! Feel free to submit sheets. I'll have more details for you when I can get to my laptop.

thebobmaster

Oh, I'm in. I was actually considering making my own Andromeda AU thing, and then I saw this, so yay!

Just need to hash out my character in my own mind. So many choices...
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Prosak

If you want help, dont fret on asking me or Karma for ideas. ^^

Cataclysmic Archangel

Color me interested.  I haven't quite decided what I'd like to do yet, except for one thing that was never an option on any ME game (and should be)... a Gunslinger.  There was never a reason to NOT have two pistols.  I shall make it happen.

Beyond that, I can't decide what I want out of him.  But... yeah.

(about halfway through ME:A right now and still unable to decide if I actually like the game).

Bang bang! Welcome to the frontier, pilgrim.

They probably didn't include one because they wanted to keep a hand free for power use, now that I think about it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Karma on April 11, 2017, 07:23:22 AM
Bang bang! Welcome to the frontier, pilgrim.

They probably didn't include one because they wanted to keep a hand free for power use, now that I think about it.

Back when ME3 was still a thing with the MP, I played a lot of Adepts and kept the weight down to one pistol.  I was working on the gunslinger title for a while, but never got it.

It did not go unnoticed that the Sidewinders are revolvers in MEA. :)

And yes, I agree about the powers being 'cast' from the free hand, which is why I'm thinking of putting together a character who's other skill sets are out of combat.  Pilot, slicer, something like that.  Hell, perhaps even the medic that no one expect to show up shooting things.  etc etc.