Caelondia's Finest (A Bastion RP Request) M seeking Any

Started by Calison, August 09, 2013, 04:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calison

Caelondia's Finest (A Bastion RP)

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. ~Rucks

Hello everyone! As the subject header states I'm looking for a roleplay set in the world of Bastion (Wikipedia page contains spoilers). Some knowledge of the game and its lore is highly preferred, and I'm going to be a tad bit picky of who I want to write this with. In other words, this won't be a first come, first serve basis. My idea would essentially be an exploration of the setting before the Calamity. I want to explore the city as it was and meet the military factions that protected the city on the Rippling Walls, to the ones that expanded the city's influence and interest in the Wilds. The various weapons the player can pick up over the course of the game spoke a lot to who their former owners were (also Rucks' smoothly delivered exposition helped to paint vivid, though open-ended pictures). I am looking to set the game right in the middle of the Ura-Caelondia war.

Below is a brief overview of the various military factions in the city:

The Masons: Builders and defenders of the Rippling Walls. The Cael Hammer is their weapon of choice.
The Trappers: Hunters who kept Caelondia safe by eliminating dangerous beasts from the Wild Unknown. The Fang Repeater is their weapon.
The Menders: Experts at repairing both flesh and stone, whichever is needed. The Bullhead Shield is associated with them.
The Breakers: Elite archers and couriers who brought messages back from the war or untamed regions. The Breaker's Bow is their weapon.
The Gravers: Spies/secret agents, both internally and externally. The War Machete is their weapon.
The Marshals: Peacekeepers within the city. The Scrap Musket is their weapon.
The Slingers: Dual-pistol wielding rangers in the wilds. The Dueling Pistols are their weapons.
The Triggers: The Caelondian Army's Cavalry/Sharpshooters. The Army Carbine is their weapon.
The Brushers: Frontiersmen who performed recon in unfriendly territory. The Brusher's Pike is their weapon.
The Cinders: Militarized sanitation engineers. The Flame Bellows is their weapon.
The Skippers: Expert bombardiers and leaders of Caelondia's navy. The Galleon Mortar is their weapon.
The Mancers: Leaders of Caelondia, also the scientists/researchers.

Depending upon what we decide to play, I am interested in playing either a Slinger, Trigger, Marshal, or Graver. (Though each military group appeals to me on some level).

The idea I had as I thought of this was of our characters as members of a small, elite strike force in the Wilds, working to both secure valuable resources and to cripple the Ura advance. I am also open to the possibility of having my Cael play opposite an Ura, if that's of interest to you.

I see this more of a plot heavy game with a portion of smut on the side--I like my smut as much as the next guy, but for this I really want to focus on the setting, characters, and story.

PM me if you're interested, and I hope to hear from you soon!

~Calison