News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

King of the Two Lands

Started by Valerian, April 26, 2010, 11:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

Apparently Aiden and a jar of honey were just the trick to keeping herself safe at night.  It was with that thought in mind that she sent a pair of servants to find as many as they could.  However, now to matters at hand...

"There are still traitors among us... and now, we just need to figure out Remiel's conspirators."  Which, as she looked around, wasn't going to be an easy task.  Any of them could be hiding a deadly secret. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

sinera

sinera gazed around at the gathered fan-bearers. Who among them was in fact a Soldier of the Moon instead? She gave thanks to the Gods and Goddesses that none had died in the night at the hands of the fanatics.

She felt sure that Moirae was innocent, as Remiel  had voted against her - why would he vote to lynch one of his co-conspirators? Perhaps Paladin was indeed one of the Soldiers of the Moon; he'd been saved only by the choice of the Priestess of Hathor. Or perhaps it was someone none of them had considered before....

She sighed softly and waited to see how the others voted.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Beguile's Mistress

It took much of the morning and a long period of meditation for Beguile to calm herself.  Two loyal fan-beares were dead:  one by the hand of a traitor and one as the result of a faulty vote.  The fact that one of the traitors had also been eliminated was pleased to her but there was still the shock of knowing a trusted friend had indeed been an enemy.

"I've prayed long and hard to my gods, not for an answer but for courage to speak.   I have watched and I have worried and though the traitors need to die and Remiel's death is a blessing to those he would have killed I do not delight in making my decision.  I'm afraind the Moirae is still suspect in my mind."

Autumn Sativus

Saffron was still upset over the loss of their friends, and surprised at the found enemy. Sighing, she joined the small group that was voting to voice her own opinion. "I still believe that Paladin seems guilty."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Valerian

Current Voting:

Moirae(4) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Ryven, Mithlomwen
Paladin(3) - Saffron, Aiden, Esoteric Myobi
Saffron(1) - Paladin
sinera(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Caeli(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)

Yet to vote: Caeli, LadySky, sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 2 Soldiers of the Moon.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

After her morning prayers at sunrise, Imogen descended to the council halls and watched her fellow fan bearers. Her gaze rested upon each of them, thoughtful and measuring, before moving on towards the next. "I find merit in Beguile's words. Remiel was a clever man, if a treacherous one."

"He wasted his vote. Rather than securing his own survival by voting Paladin to a certain death, he opted to vote for Moirae. Why? In the answer to that question lies our hope."

"I already see the logical result of his vote in Sinera's words. Moirae's innocence is implied by Remiel's accusation. But why is this so? At the time of Remiel's voting, he had no hope of swaying enough people to condemn her. His hope for survival lay in Paladin's demise. Therefor, survival had not been his goal..."

"He was too clever to vote randomly. I do not believe his vote was a random one."

"The only logical reason that comes to mind is misdirection. Moirae's safety lies in Remiel's accusation, and for that reason, I cast my vote with Beguile's and say that Moirae is a traitor."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

"Moirae must pay for her actions."

Mithlomwen

Mith agrees that Moirae might have something to hide. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Paladin

I believe Saffron wants me dead for some strange and unknown reason. Surely this is a sign that Saffron is a soldier of the moon, and is trying to eliminate me as part of her evil schemes.

Autumn Sativus

What didn't make sense to me, Paladin, was that Remiel - a soldier of the moon - chose to place his vote on someone else instead of you. If he had voted for you, he would have lived. So you must be working on the same team - letting fate decide who would die. Makes sense why you didn't vote for Remiel either, but someone random.
Us against the world

desert ashes

"You're all right ... "  Moirae paused and felt the corners of her mouth tug down.  "I am indeed hiding something, but I assure you, it's not what you think."  Letting out a deep breath, she glanced around, helpless at who could be the real traitors.  "I say sinera."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

"The only thing Moirae is guilty of is what her tongue is capable of doing when presented a honey slicked chest..."
Aiden smiled widely before he continued, rubbing fading bite marks over his torso.
"I still think Paladin a traitor within our ranks."

Paladin

Quote from: Saffron on May 13, 2010, 02:43:24 PM
What didn't make sense to me, Paladin, was that Remiel - a soldier of the moon - chose to place his vote on someone else instead of you. If he had voted for you, he would have lived. So you must be working on the same team - letting fate decide who would die. Makes sense why you didn't vote for Remiel either, but someone random.

I was already accused. I have no sway over wich way someone else votes. REmiel voted how he wanted to vote, and so did I.

Esoteric Myobi

Paladin's defense echoed plaintively in Myobi's ears and she was unconvinced as to his innocence. Her own thoughts and feelings lay with Saffron's reasonings, though she observed Moirae for a long while as well, eyes shifting slowly between the two as she pondered the situation. Already one fan-bearer had been condemned whilst innocent and uncertainty nagged at her conscience. 

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Paladin on May 13, 2010, 08:13:11 PM
I was already accused. I have no sway over wich way someone else votes. REmiel voted how he wanted to vote, and so did I.

Quote from: Saffron on May 13, 2010, 02:43:24 PM

I rest my case.
Us against the world

LadySky

I must place my vote on Paladin.....
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Paladin(5) - Saffron, Aiden, Esoteric Myobi, LadySky, Caeli
Saffron(1) - Paladin
sinera(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Caeli(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)

Yet to vote: sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 2 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

"The argument is convincing; indeed, the argument against Paladin holds a lot of weight."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

sinera

sinera shakes her head, unable to fathom why Moirae should be convinced that she was a traitor. "I must concur. Paladin seems to be next for the headman."

She bows her head and turns away, unable to bear it if he should be found innocent, yet unable to leave, needing to know if she was wrong in her vote.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

desert ashes

Moirae gave an apologetic glance to sinera.  She'd simply given a purely random name!
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Final Voting:

Paladin(6) - Saffron, Aiden, Esoteric Myobi, LadySky, Caeli, sinera
Saffron(1) - Paladin
sinera(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Caeli(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)

The will of the court was clear, and there was little time lost in carrying out the sentence.  Once more the sands were stained with blood, and once more it was the blood of a traitor.  For Paladin had been a Soldier of the Moon, loyal only to the traitor Ahmose, and the king and his court were now that much safer.  Truly, the gods were smiling on Apries.

• Aiden
  • Ariadne - Fan-Bearer, killed by Soldiers of the Moon, Night 1
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Caeli
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa - Fan-Bearer, lynched, Day 1
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 3
  • Remiel - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 2
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 1 Soldier of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The next morning, the courtiers assembled cautiously, almost afraid to discover what had happened as they slept.  It quickly became clear that not one, but two of their number had perished while Ra sailed through the underworld, and the court was soon in uproar.  A loyal Fan-Bearer, Beguile's Mistress, was now resting in the arms of Osiris.

And shockingly, the very person the courtiers looked to for protection, the Royal Guard himself, Ryven, was also journeying to the realm of the dead.

The decision today took on a new urgency, for it now seemed as though the favor of the gods was no longer so certain as it had been...

• Aiden
  • Ariadne - Fan-Bearer, killed by Soldiers of the Moon, Night 1
  • Beguile's Mistress - Fan-Bearer, killed Night 3
  • Caeli
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa - Fan-Bearer, lynched, Day 1
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 3
  • Remiel - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 2
  • Ryven - Royal Guard, killed Night 3
  • Saffron
  • sinera

There are 6 Fan-Bearers, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 1 Soldier of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Ensuring that Ryven and Beguile's Mistress rites were performed with all honors and their tombs were sealed with all items their souls might want in the afterlife, Imogen returned to the spacious halls of the Son of Ra's council.

"Again the traitor among us strikes in the night, and twice this time, at the heart of all that is just and loyal." She said. "And with Ryven, my ally journeys into the realm of Osiris."

"I found out earlier that he was the Royal Guard, just as I found that Moirae is a traitor."

"It was my learnings in the first night past that compelled me to change my vote from Paladin to Moirae when Remiel proclaimed her guilty: I knew that he was correct. It was for this same reason that I voted for her again when suspicion lay heavily upon Paladin. I knew she was guilty; him, I only suspected."

"I ask all of you to support me and purge our halls of the last of the evil festering in our midst."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

"Or perhaps, Imogen, it was you all along plotting with Remiel and Paladin and I am no more than your scapegoat.  My whereabouts can be confirmed," thanks to a few jars of honey.  "And I have committed no treason.  I am not the traitor they seek, but I believe you are."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

"The only defense you have left, Moirae." Imogen smiled. "I doubt anyone shall be swayed by that obvious attempt. It was Paladin who tried first to put blame upon me. It was my change of vote that sealed Remiel's fate."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]