Sultry Texas Nights: Interest Check (QUILTBAG welcome)

Started by Phoenixrisen, May 28, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

How about you work up a character and then if approved you can chat in the OOC to see if anyone there needs a ranch hand. No approved ranch hand/etc will be left to float homeless, if no one else will take them then the Triple D has room.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Chreestafer

Name: Kyler Bishop
Sexuality: Pan-curious
Personality: Ky is the quiet type, showing up for work on time or even earlier than scheduled and putting in a hard days work.  More often than not he stays late to make sure his duties are done.  He's not really the life of the party, not wanting the spot light on himself.  However that doesn't mean he isn't talkative.  In fact he can often be found singing with his guitar at the local bar on Thursday evenings, that is of course if he is able to get all his work finished.

History: Kyler grew up never knowing his parents.  They were both sadly killed in an accident when he turned just three years old, happy birthday him.  However, he was luck enough to be raised by two loving grand parents whom which worked constantly to make his life as easy as possible.  The lived on a small corn farm just outside of town, and besides the normal duties of owning such a place, they older couple owned the local small time book store, mainly a hole in the wall with books.  When Kyler turned 17 his grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and soon passed, months later the bills piled up so much they had to sell the small farm and move into the small apartment above the bookstore.  Currently where they reside to be truthful.  Ky's aspirations are to make enough money as a Ranch hand to move out on his own but still care for his grandmother.  Plus he hopes one day that his talents in singing might take him to the big league so that money will never be an issue again

Extra Photos

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Chreestafer on May 30, 2018, 09:00:26 PM
Name: Kyler Bishop
Sexuality: Pan-curious
Personality: Ky is the quiet type, showing up for work on time or even earlier than scheduled and putting in a hard days work.  More often than not he stays late to make sure his duties are done.  He's not really the life of the party, not wanting the spot light on himself.  However that doesn't mean he isn't talkative.  In fact he can often be found singing with his guitar at the local bar on Thursday evenings, that is of course if he is able to get all his work finished.

History: Kyler grew up never knowing his parents.  They were both sadly killed in an accident when he turned just three years old, happy birthday him.  However, he was luck enough to be raised by two loving grand parents whom which worked constantly to make his life as easy as possible.  The lived on a small corn farm just outside of town, and besides the normal duties of owning such a place, they older couple owned the local small time book store, mainly a hole in the wall with books.  When Kyler turned 17 his grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and soon passed, months later the bills piled up so much they had to sell the small farm and move into the small apartment above the bookstore.  Currently where they reside to be truthful.  Ky's aspirations are to make enough money as a Ranch hand to move out on his own but still care for his grandmother.  Plus he hopes one day that his talents in singing might take him to the big league so that money will never be an issue again

Extra Photos

He is amazing, I love him! Approved!
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chreestafer

YAY ME!

haha, so who wants to hire good old Kyler? hehe
Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

I appreciate your enthusiasm! Next step is to get your character to the characters thread, after that go on ahead and chatter, plot, and plan with the rest of the folks in our OOC thread.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

As a general note, I'm still open to new applicants, but it would be great if they could come from other walks of life than ranch/farm work. Something like this includes everyone who wants to show up. That includes townies, teachers, feed store owners/workers. Bartenders, bar owners, the list goes on. By all means if someone wants to make a ranch/farm hand, they're most welcome to, but we could use a little diversity if you're up for it.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Devilyn Sydhe

This idea has caught my interest so I thought I'd try throwing my Stetson into the ring.  Hope Travis will work alright and I'm completely open to any and all connections.

Name:Travis 'Tex' Williams
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality:Travis is a fun loving overgrown kid whose only true focus since he was a child has been on the one great religion in Texas, football.  The brief time he has outside of his church is spent in search of a good woman and a better time.  Despite the success he has attained, now on a full ride scholarship at the University of Texas, Travis is still that good old boy willing to offer a helping hand whenever needed.  He knows just about all the ranchers in the area through years of summer jobs though he never became more than an adequate horseman.  It's not fear but a healthy respect for the animal, at least that's what he'd tell anyone who wonders..

History: Travis is finally escaping the shadow of his father, who was a local high school football legend himself.  He loves the man dearly, but he is also a bit weary from the pressure to succeed his dad has exerted upon him as far back as Travis can remember.  He would never say a word, though, as he realizes his dad only wants for Travis what a bad knee stole from him.  With the concern of his senior season and whether he will be able to reach the next level, Travis is coming to the bonfire to blow off a load of steam and drink the world off his mind.

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: KalebHyde on May 30, 2018, 10:21:07 PM
This idea has caught my interest so I thought I'd try throwing my Stetson into the ring.  Hope Travis will work alright and I'm completely open to any and all connections.

Name:Travis 'Tex' Williams
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality:Travis is a fun loving overgrown kid whose only true focus since he was a child has been on the one great religion in Texas, football.  The brief time he has outside of his church is spent in search of a good woman and a better time.  Despite the success he has attained, now on a full ride scholarship at the University of Texas, Travis is still that good old boy willing to offer a helping hand whenever needed.  He knows just about all the ranchers in the area through years of summer jobs though he never became more than an adequate horseman.  It's not fear but a healthy respect for the animal, at least that's what he'd tell anyone who wonders..

History: Travis is finally escaping the shadow of his father, who was a local high school football legend himself.  He loves the man dearly, but he is also a bit weary from the pressure to succeed his dad has exerted upon him as far back as Travis can remember.  He would never say a word, though, as he realizes his dad only wants for Travis what a bad knee stole from him.  With the concern of his senior season and whether he will be able to reach the next level, Travis is coming to the bonfire to blow off a load of steam and drink the world off his mind.

I like him, he is approved. Feel free to post his sheet to the character sheet thread and stop on by the OOC to chatter plot and plan whenever you're ready.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Caradoc

Name: Doctor Josiah “Joe” Buxton
Sexuality: straight
Personality: He’s quiet to a point, but has a biting sense of humor that usually comes out when he’s annoyed. He has a very low opinion of people who can’t take care of their animals, and the few in the area who actually abuse them... well, folks still talk about him beating Fred Williams down over what he did to a dog. After you get to know him, he warms up to people.

History: Joe served two tours in the army, where he got a lot of medical training. Sickened by what he saw in Afghanistan, and people in general, he became a veterinarian when he got out. He’s quite happy to be back in a small town, and likes the quiet. His business has been doing well enough that he recently hired an assistant, and they’re still getting used to each other. He’s utterly unaware of her feelings for him... so far.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Caradoc on May 31, 2018, 09:21:50 AM
Name: Doctor Josiah “Joe” Buxton
Sexuality: straight
Personality: He’s quiet to a point, but has a biting sense of humor that usually comes out when he’s annoyed. He has a very low opinion of people who can’t take care of their animals, and the few in the area who actually abuse them... well, folks still talk about him beating Fred Williams down over what he did to a dog. After you get to know him, he warms up to people.

History: Joe served two tours in the army, where he got a lot of medical training. Sickened by what he saw in Afghanistan, and people in general, he became a veterinarian when he got out. He’s quite happy to be back in a small town, and likes the quiet. His business has been doing well enough that he recently hired an assistant, and they’re still getting used to each other. He’s utterly unaware of her feelings for him... so far.

He's great. Approved.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

HockeyGod

Name: Trevor Bates
Sexuality: Gay
Personality: Trevor is by nature very laid back. This works well as a new rural sheriff. He’s able to maintain his cool and ignore things that might stoke emotions or provocation in others. As a new sheriff, Trevor has insecurities about being successful in the job – but these insecurities are hidden quite well. Trevor also doesn’t sweat the small stuff. For example, he’d look past an underage drinker as long as the drinker wasn’t hurting self or other. He is after all charged with protecting the peace.

History: Trevor was the youngest of four boys and early on in life understood that he was the proverbial runt. With others in line before him, Trevor knew he would never inherit the ranch. Even if divided (which his family would never do), he would only get a small parcel of land. It didn’t help that he didn’t have interest in settling down and starting a family like his brothers. Early in life his uncle, who had no children, took him under his wing. Trevor’s uncle, Sam, was the sheriff. Being appointed sheriff gave Trevor much of the respect he didn’t get as a child.

More Pics

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: HockeyGod on May 31, 2018, 07:00:34 PM
Name: Trevor Bates
Sexuality: Gay
Personality: Trevor is by nature very laid back. This works well as a new rural sheriff. He’s able to maintain his cool and ignore things that might stoke emotions or provocation in others. As a new sheriff, Trevor has insecurities about being successful in the job – but these insecurities are hidden quite well. Trevor also doesn’t sweat the small stuff. For example, he’d look past an underage drinker as long as the drinker wasn’t hurting self or other. He is after all charged with protecting the peace.

History: Trevor was the youngest of four boys and early on in life understood that he was the proverbial runt. With others in line before him, Trevor knew he would never inherit the ranch. Even if divided (which his family would never do), he would only get a small parcel of land. It didn’t help that he didn’t have interest in settling down and starting a family like his brothers. Early in life his uncle, who had no children, took him under his wing. Trevor’s uncle, Sam, was the sheriff. Being appointed sheriff gave Trevor much of the respect he didn’t get as a child.

More Pics

Approved! Feel free to plop him on over into character's thread and start plotting, planning and chattering with everyone in the OOC.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Elahdon

Ons and Offs // Roleplay Requests

Currently seeking new stories

Phoenixrisen

Yes, we are! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. We are just about to start posting though, so you might be smidgen late to the bonfire, but it's a bonfire, it come when you can.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Phoenixrisen

I look forward to seeing the character you come up with.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Ambie

I was leaning toward offering up a young city girl who's parents moved out this way, so its a bit of culture shock for her?

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Sye

Name: Sakura Nakamura (Richardson – Father’s Last name)
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Personality: Sakura is what people call a workaholic. She keeps her professional and personal relationships separate from each other and comes off as sporadic, yet organized. She does know how to have fun, but with not much time on her hands, fun takes a back seat. Granted, her passion in her work makes up for it. She is competitive and hates to lose, but not a bad sport as she rolls with the punches. If pushed, she does have a temper and just as quickly as it came it can disappear.

History: Sakura was raised in Texas and had the last name of Richardson, as her parents were owners of their own ranch dealing with cattle and growing crops. After a couple of years of bad crops brought some issues for the family as her father picked up drinking and the marriage and family dynamics became toxic. When her mother finally had enough, she grabbed Sakura and left. Leaving everything behind and moved back to Japan, having her leave her friends at the age of 11.

Living in Japan she took on archery to help with some of her anger issues and a way to destress. Sakura also participated in mounted archery and starting at age 17, began to compete throughout Japan and internationally. At the age of 24, her and her mother were contacted due to her fathers death and Sakura decided to go to Texas to handle whatever was needed. Once there, she decided to stay in the States as the stars seemed to align. Going to STAR (South Texas Archery Riders) for fun to help deal with funeral arrangements, they offered her a job to be an instructor which she gladly accepted and took on duties of bookkeeper as well since she had an eye for finances. Later took up a job to teach at Austin Kyudo for traditional Japanese archery to keep connected to her roots. Two years later, she found an administrator position at the Community College and teaches mounted archery as an extra curricular class. She still contracts with STAR and Austin Kyudo as an on-call person, but right now a slower pace is what she needs.

What brings her to Triple D Ranch is that her apartment building burnt down and her co-workers got in contact with the owners to see if she can stay there until she got back on her feet. She has met Sarah once a year back when her work hosted a party there and it was a great place to be. Good food, good drink, and amazing people all together in one place. So with her Toyota Rav4 Hybrid and what little she does possess, she heads to the ranch to see what awaits her. 

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Saika on June 05, 2018, 12:48:35 PM
Name: Sakura Nakamura (Richardson – Father’s Last name)
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Personality: Sakura is what people call a workaholic. She keeps her professional and personal relationships separate from each other and comes off as sporadic, yet organized. She does know how to have fun, but with not much time on her hands, fun takes a back seat. Granted, her passion in her work makes up for it. She is competitive and hates to lose, but not a bad sport as she rolls with the punches. If pushed, she does have a temper and just as quickly as it came it can disappear.

History: Sakura was raised in Texas and had the last name of Richardson, as her parents were owners of their own ranch dealing with cattle and growing crops. After a couple of years of bad crops brought some issues for the family as her father picked up drinking and the marriage and family dynamics became toxic. When her mother finally had enough, she grabbed Sakura and left. Leaving everything behind and moved back to Japan, having her leave her friends at the age of 11.

Living in Japan she took on archery to help with some of her anger issues and a way to destress. Sakura also participated in mounted archery and starting at age 17, began to compete throughout Japan and internationally. At the age of 24, her and her mother were contacted due to her fathers death and Sakura decided to go to Texas to handle whatever was needed. Once there, she decided to stay in the States as the stars seemed to align. Going to STAR (South Texas Archery Riders) for fun to help deal with funeral arrangements, they offered her a job to be an instructor which she gladly accepted and took on duties of bookkeeper as well since she had an eye for finances. Three years later, Sakura also teaches at Austin Kyudo for traditional Japanese archery to keep connected to her roots.

What brings her to Triple D Ranch is that her apartment building burnt down and her co-workers got in contact with the owners to see if she can stay there until she got back on her feet. She has met Sarah once a year back when her work hosted a party there and it was a great place to be. Good food, good drink, and amazing people all together in one place. So with her Toyota Rav4 Hybrid and what little she does possess, she heads to the ranch to see what awaits her. 

Badass character

Sye

Quote from: Doomblade403xxx on June 06, 2018, 09:03:35 PM
Badass character

Thank you and just had to edit a few more things. Didn't realize how spread out everything was or how Texas traffic works lol

Phoenixrisen

Looks good, and a lot of people don't, so don't worry about it.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Ambie

Also curious...I forgot to get my char sheet up before leaving on vacation.