Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Ok, so now that most everyone has crashed, we need our characters to find each other and get ahold of our HQ for further orders.

We don't necessarily have to meet up right away though. Feel free to do your own thing for a little bit. Heck, if you guys want, we could even play it like Halo 3 ODST, where all the characters finally meet up near the end of the game. To be fair though, if you're gonna have your characters come up against the Covenant aliens. Please be a little realistic as it makes for a better post.

(This note is only for those not familiar with Halo...)

Elites are going to be more agile than Jackals but, great at swordplay. Brutes are going to be stronger than Elites and Hunters will be nearly invulnerable to any weapon fire that doesn't hit the small of their back but, they will be slow. It will take two rockets from a rocket launcher to down a Hunter. Jackals and Grunts will naturally be the easiest to take down.

Kyle989

Hey guys, I'm back and working on my next post. I'd rather have Rook meet up with at least one person than have him go solo the majority of the mission, so any takers? How 'bout you Hunter Phoenix, wanna team up?  8-)

Gladiator0161

I am sorry to report that my brothers computer went KO a few days ago, and the one I had broke down a year or so before, so, I'm using my dad's computer.

I will have a replacement within the next 3 or 4 weeks though.
Until then my posting will be sporadic but, have no fear I will continue to post when I can! I just thought you guys should know.

SimonSez

Gladiator0161

that's fine, got a call sign in mind?

bdgb19

Still looking for people?

I'd be willing to go ODST with a tech-oriented angle.

Gladiator0161

you're welcome to join and the OODST is fine but, explain a little more on your tech idea.

Also, I've got my new laptop and so regular posts will commence once again! Woot!

Ironside

If its still cool to join, Id like to, as a Regular Marine if thats cool :)
And is there a character sheet i need to fill out? (Im quite obviously new here haha)

Gladiator0161

Yeah, it's cool to join. I'm glad to have whoever is interested :)

A regular Marine would be awesome, no one's chosen them yet actually. Go ahead and post when you're ready but, please read the goings on in the thread if you haven't already :D

Ironside

Wont be doing that today. Sleep is neccecary. xD

Hunter

I'm giving up my slot for someone who'd be more interested and enthusiastic about participating.  Have fun.  :)

Gladiator0161

QuoteBy Hunter:I'm giving up my slot for someone who'd be more interested and enthusiastic about participating.  Have fun.  :)

K, well, I hope you'll come back Hunter.
Geez, I'm losing more players by the day. What's going on?

QuoteBy Ironside:Wont be doing that today. Sleep is neccecary. xD

Yeah, that's cool and I do understand, I'd get more sleep myself if my brain would shut off, lol.

Great post by the way Hunter Pheonix :D

Oh and guys, if there's anything that needs to happen, like faster posting or changing something in my writing that conflicts with whatever you were going to write, let me know please. I can adjust to make this a funner rp, just let me know what you think.

Hunter Phoenix

hey dude, thanks for the comment on the excellent post :) sorry i havent been on much recently, college has been a complete pain in the arse but im making as much time as i can for the rp :)

i think the rp is going well at the moment :D sticking to the story really well haha
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Gladiator0161

Eh, don't worry about it Hunter Pheonix, as much as I don't want to say this, college understandibly must come first.

I'm just glad to have regular posts to responde to though.

Hunter Phoenix

thanks dude, i do my best to keep posting :)

Gladiator0161

I've noticed and I really appreciate it, keep up the good work both IC and IRL :D

Hunter Phoenix

thanks man :) you too

wanna add me on msn at all? so its easier to chat than on here lol my msn is on my profile page

Gladiator0161

HunterPheonix, I would but, I only have a yahoo account. Will MSN allow you to IM people on other sites?

Daemon0110 I like where you are trying to go with your character but, I've already brought out in here that Hunters are the hardest of the Covenant to fight, they can easily kill a Spartan with a simple swing of their arm. I want to have fun with this like everyone but, some realism is needed to make it all work.

You wouldn't be able to sneak up and plant a grenade in a Hunters chest, the same way that you wouldn't be able to pop the hatch of your drop pod, and not be fired upon instantly if Covenant were waiting on the other side. Please edit your post so that your character isn't god moding everything. The idea the your character is a survivor of Harvest is cool, I really like that, and if you were good enough you would be able to take over a Covenant Cruiser, all that is believable because it has happened several times in the games but, even Master Cheif the god of all Spartan 3's wouldn't be able to survive a smack in the face by a Hunter.

Also, were you planning on NPC-ing some other Spartans or were you refering to myself, Hunter, Hunter Pheonix, Kyle989 and Angel? Only reason I ask is because everyone that is up to date on the IC thread is on a rooftop with me, and the only one that might be in your area is an ODST that I'm NPC-ing.

I hope I haven't turned you away from the thread entirely but, I just wanted to bring those things to your attention. Thanks for your cooperation and I hope you'll continue to rp with us. :)

Vengurd

Hello. Met Gladiator on another site and we seemed to hit it off, found out we are both halo fans so he showed me this way so I'll be joining if thats cool with all you participants.

I'll be joining as Spartan II Patric 334. If any additional information is required, please let me know and I shall provide. Now I am going to get up a quick introductory post in the RP. See you in the field of broken bodies.

Gladiator0161

Glad to have you along Vengurd, I look forward to rp-ing with you :)

Nerdychic447

Hey i'll join as a female spartan, if theres no spaces for them left, then I'll be a female ODST. And is there a character sheet to fill out?

Gladiator0161

there's room for a female Spartan or ODST the choice is yours :)

As for a character sheet, just look at some of the examples on the first page and just do whatcha can. Ok?

Reading the previous posts in the IC (In Character) threads is a must though, gotta know what's going on thus far right?

Nerdychic447

I think I'll be a Spartan, I've got an idea of what I want my character to be like!! Also do you think you could maybe post the link to the RP somewhere?

Gladiator0161

Alright, awesome. Just please post atleast a picture of your character and the major skills she has and you'll be good to go, after you read everything that's happened, and get caught up.

Then and only then, please post in the In Character roleplay thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79848.0

Hunter Phoenix

hey there guys, ive just put up a post, ive been really busy recently so havent had the time to post till now haha i skimmed through the posts and i seem to have fallen behind a little XD but I'll soon be on par with you all again