The Golden Trio - A Pokemon RP (Interest Check)

Started by PhoenixPhyre, September 30, 2013, 07:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixPhyre

This will be a Pokemon RP set in Johto, and featuring three main characters. The story will follow their journey across the region, focusing on the Pokemon they encounter, the obstacles they face, and all of the things that make a Pokemon adventure fun.

Here's the story: Three friends arrive at Prof. Elm's Lab to receive their first Pokemon, each of them now ten years old. Two of the friends are both set on being the world's greatest Trainer, and are in constant rivalry. The third friend is more content with raising Pokemon than battling them, and often gets forced into the role of referee between the two hard-headed Trainers. After each of them chooses their favorite, they are all given their Pokedex and a set of 5 Pokeballs. Then, as a group, they decide to begin their Pokemon journey. They will travel across Johto, collecting badges and Pokemon, battling and making their team stronger as they, too, develop a stronger bond with each other. Will they make it to end of the Pokemon League? Will their friendship win out, despite the conflicts that arise along the way? And most importantly.. Who will claim the title of Champion?

I am looking for TWO people to join with me to complete the three man team. I expect decent RPing skills - this means a minimum of one paragraph posting, good grammar/spelling, and use of appropriate quotations. If you are interested in joining me on this adventure, please send me a PM with:
1. A one-paragraph sample of your RP skills, and
2. Which character you would like to play using the following profile template:

[b]Username:[/b] (Your name on E)
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] (Trainer/Breeder)
[b]Starter Pokemon:[/b] (Chikorita [B], Cyndaquil [T], Totodile [T])
[i]Pokemon Personality[/i]
[b]Character Personality:[/b] (Min. 3 sentences describing in-depth personality)
[b]Character Bio:[/b] (Min. 5 sentences describing your character's life before the start of the journey. Can mention something about family background and friends)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (An image thumbnail preferred)

Remember, this is first come, first served! Only TWO spots available! I look forward to hearing from you!

PS: I will be playing one of the Trainers, leaving 1 Breeder and 1 Trainer open.

CHARACTERS:
Friend #1 - Trainer - Cyndaquil
Friend #2 - Trainer - Totodile
Friend #3 - Breeder - Chikorita

PhoenixPhyre

Bumping! The RP is still open to anyone who is interested.

Raxel

Call me interested. What level are you looking for your roleplay partner to be at? Do you mind if I take the red one and make them a herm?

Raxel

PhoenixPhyre

Quote from: Raxel on December 02, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
Call me interested. What level are you looking for your roleplay partner to be at? Do you mind if I take the red one and make them a herm?
I don't quite understand your question, but let me try to clarify: You don't necessarily need to stick to the Game Canon of Silver, Gold, and Crystal, we can make Original Characters that fall under the prescribed roles. As for Roleplaying level, semi-Lit to Lit is nice. A solid paragraph or two per post, with minimal spelling/grammar errors. Book style, with quotations and italics. Does that sound like something you fall under?

Raxel

Username: Raxel
Character Name: Jasper Higgens
Role: Breeder
Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil [T]
Pokemon Personality Lucia is a calm pokemon most of the time. However, get her mad and feel her wrath. Her biggest flaw is perhaps that she is way too trusting of others. In her heart she knows of this problem but not how to fix it. Her main weakness being water, she is weak personality wise to those cool and calm flirty types and may become flustered quite easily.
Character Personality: A sort of spooky male, his personality is that of someone who is creepy. A mix of dark and light personalities. He is ambitious, power hungry and has a drive for wander and traversing the unknown. He isn't easily scared and enjoys the presense of ghost pokemon over all others. However he does like a little fire in his darkness, his reason for choosing Lucia, his first pokemon. He wants to breed haunter pokemon, which he has a sort of fondness for.
Character Bio:  Eversince Jasper was little was interested in ghostly activety. He read paranormal studies on pokemon and grew interested in breeding pokemon that were ghost type. He loved the therapeutic ability that most ghost pokemon had on him, his mother being a famous ghost pokemon researcher ever since she was as young as him. They had a haunter living with them and he was quite nice. Thus the haunter he lived with began his fascinating exploit into the world of ghost pokemon.

He really wanted to know everything about ghost pokemon, from their trickster nature to their favorite food.

Appearance: http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/Hurrytoheaven/Braixen/14B61B8B-0CE4-44A3-B851-E0624F2AD691-4375-000001396D6933A3_zpscf106ccd.jpg~original

LynxKitten

Yay, Pokemon! Anywho, I would like to fill  Friend #2, however, I would also be willing to take whichever position needs to be filled. This looks like a lot of fun!

Username: Lynx Kitten
Character Name: Kimber
Role: Trainer
Starter Pokemon: Totodile [T]
Pokemon Personality
Drazhar is rather aggressive, unlike many totodile who are known for their playful and hyperactive personalities. He is very hard-headed and a little over confident sometimes, which can cause trouble for himself and Kimber. Even though he is quiet and not always willing to step in to things, Drazhar is extremely protective of Kimber and will always come to her aid.
Character Personality: Despite the hardcore nature of her pokemon, Kimber is always smiling and willing to help where she is needed. She can be a bit self-critical at times but with the help of her friends she is starting to gain confidence in herself and her abilities as a pokemon trainer. Kimber is definitely your typical country girl and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and she is often cheering on her friends to keep spirits high!
Character Bio: Kimber had a relatively normal childhood. Her father worked in Prof. Elm's lab and her mother stayed at home. Having her father as a pokemon professor's assistant gave her access to learn about and play with all sorts of pokemon. Her life until now consisted of taking care of the professor's many pokemon and helping her father study wild pokemon around New Bark Town. With such an upbringing, it was only a matter of time before Kimber would start her own pokemon journey and eventually reach her goal of becoming a pokemon professor herself!
Appearance:
Kimber

PhoenixPhyre

Quote from: Raxel on December 03, 2013, 06:22:02 PM
Username: Raxel
Character Name: Jasper Higgens
Role: Breeder
Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil [T]
Pokemon Personality Lucia is a calm pokemon most of the time. However, get her mad and feel her wrath. Her biggest flaw is perhaps that she is way too trusting of others. In her heart she knows of this problem but not how to fix it. Her main weakness being water, she is weak personality wise to those cool and calm flirty types and may become flustered quite easily.
Character Personality: A sort of spooky male, his personality is that of someone who is creepy. A mix of dark and light personalities. He is ambitious, power hungry and has a drive for wander and traversing the unknown. He isn't easily scared and enjoys the presense of ghost pokemon over all others. However he does like a little fire in his darkness, his reason for choosing Lucia, his first pokemon. He wants to breed haunter pokemon, which he has a sort of fondness for.
Character Bio:  Eversince Jasper was little was interested in ghostly activety. He read paranormal studies on pokemon and grew interested in breeding pokemon that were ghost type. He loved the therapeutic ability that most ghost pokemon had on him, his mother being a famous ghost pokemon researcher ever since she was as young as him. They had a haunter living with them and he was quite nice. Thus the haunter he lived with began his fascinating exploit into the world of ghost pokemon.

He really wanted to know everything about ghost pokemon, from their trickster nature to their favorite food.

Appearance: http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/Hurrytoheaven/Braixen/14B61B8B-0CE4-44A3-B851-E0624F2AD691-4375-000001396D6933A3_zpscf106ccd.jpg~original
My original idea was that the Breeder would take Chikorita (hence the "B" for Breeder and "T" for Trainer). But, if you are very attached to your character having the fire type, I can probably work around it...

Alright, so all that's left is me, who will have to be a Trainer of a Chikorita. Interesting. Never thought it would work out that way. No worries, I'll find a way to work it into the story. My charrie will just end up being the one who got last pick, isn't too thrilled with his Pokemon, but learns to love it over time. Got it. I'll put up a profile soon, and I'll link to the RP thread. Thanks for your interest, guys :)

LynxKitten

PhoenixPhyre

Quote from: LynxKitten on January 08, 2014, 10:42:14 AM
Is this still around?
Yes! I'm sorry for the delay, I got caught up in the holidays and preparing for a new semester of college. I really should stay on top of this better ^^; If everyone is ready, I can try to get a profile up and start within this week. Thanks for your patience.

dieheart

I would love to be apart of this I think it sounds awesome and I've never done a roleplay like this I have a few questions.

1. Do you still have opening for some of the characters

2. how do you plan on the Pokemon acting? I feel like I would love to be a Pokemon rather then a trainer if that is a thing that i can do.