Sorcerer's Academy (Interest Check- LGBTQ friendly, NC-Exotic, Sandbox)

Started by deadmanshand, November 10, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowherewoman

Hey, Deadman. I know stuff is crazy for all with the holidays, etc- just checking to see if you still wanted to give this a run.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Nowherewoman

Cool. :D

"Yeah, yeah, patience. How long will that take?"
-Ed Grubermann
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

BeeJay

I'm interested. Any particular character needs or can I just do whatever?
O/O

BeeJay

Cool. Just finished my character seconds ago. Voila!

Name: Roki Forsdotter
Role: Student
Hailing from: Forsson Chiefdom, Norseheim

Identity: Forsson Chiefdom Heir-Apparent, daughter of chief Bordweir Forsson. Reluctantly attending the Sorcerer’s Academy to hone her prodigious magical talent and her fearsome temper in preparation for succeeding her father as chief.

Background: As the daughter of the noble Fors line of Norseheim, Roki has always been able to do whatever she liked with whomever she liked. Just like the rest of her bloodline, Roki is a forceful and fearsome leader of her people, although she can be quite fickle. Leading her father’s army since she was 14 years old, she has never lost a battle, but she usually does very little leading at all. She prefers to barrel into combat, spells and weapons flying, men dying in her wake. Every battle won under her command has ended in massive casualties for both sides, though her enemies almost never leave the battlefield alive.

Her erratic nature has caused her father to worry for the future of the Chiefdom, so on her 17th birthday he told her that she must go to school to receive a proper education. When Roki refused outright, Bordweir locked her up in her room until she complied. Instead of agreeing, Roki challenged her father to a duel for her freedom and the throne. Bordweir let her free, and a savage battle began. They fought for three weeks in the wilderness, scavenging food and shelter to rest between bouts, all of which ended in draws. Finally, Bordweir was victorious over his boisterous daughter and she was promptly sent away to Sorcerer’s Academy. As she left, her father commanded that if she did not come back with enough sense to lead her people, she would be married off to worthy successor and become a subservient queen instead. Roki spit in Bordweir’s face as the cart she was strapped to began rolling down the path toward Academy. A manly tear rolled down Bordweir’s craggy face as pride in the strength of his daughter welled up inside him.

Capabilities: The specialty of magic users in the Forsson lands is their ability to create arms and armor from spirit energy. They can encase their bodies in translucent armor and conjure any weapon they desire to do combat. Roki is a particularly prodigious user of this magic, which is called Einherjar. Einherjar is shamanic in nature and calls upon the strength of ancestors past, bringing their great power to bear in physical combat.

Desires and Ambitions: Roki is the quintessential free spirit and wishes only live life as she sees fit. She curses her father for making her attend this hoity-toity magic school and wishes she would wander free in the wilds of her homeland again. While she’s here, though, she would love to explore the wild places and interact with the animals on the island. Roki has always felt a special bond with animals and monsters. Many of her best friends and lovers have come from the evergreen forests and harsh tundras of her home, and she never seems to feel as at home in the company of other humans.

Roki loves a good fight, be it a tavern brawl or life and death combat, and must scratch that itch every now and then. Seeing as she was about to be surrounded by pasty, squishy mage types, she doubted she would be able to get a decent fight for a while.

Sexuality: Bisexual
Ons and Offs: Roki finds men and women to be too fragile for her romantic tastes, although she used to often partake in her countrymen. She has yet to find a man or woman who isn’t instantly submitting to her as soon as they enter the bedroom. She does the deed, forcing her partners down and having her way with them, all while longing for someone stronger than her to come and force her. That’s why she usually prefers the sexual company of beasts and monsters, because they are usually comparable in power to her and their natures usually instruct them to dominate her. However, because of her great strength and willpower, she generally has to willingly submit to these creatures, because she is almost always capable of dominating them. Her dream is to finally meet a sexual partner strong enough to hold her down and fuck her brains out.

Player: BeeJay
O/O

Nowherewoman

uhoh...just read Ryn's bio. I see some serious nocturnal hide-and-seek in her future... :D ...or did you mean caught as in potentially public sex, ShadowFox? And Ily and Roki...oh boy. Kiss the cafeteria goodbye, if they get into a scrap.

BeeJay

I read Illy's profile right after I hammered out Roki's personality. I'm looking forward to it!
O/O

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Nowherewoman on December 24, 2014, 07:55:40 PM
uhoh...just read Ryn's bio. I see some serious nocturnal hide-and-seek in her future... :D ...or did you mean caught as in potentially public sex, ShadowFox? And Ily and Roki...oh boy. Kiss the cafeteria goodbye, if they get into a scrap.

Both :P

Ryn is a big thrillseeker, and potentially getting caught in the middle of having sex is a turn on for her.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Nowherewoman

*chuckle* when I first read it, I immediately had the image of Illiana stalking her- or anyone who caught her fancy, really- through the gardens and grounds after dark.  Prey gets pounced. And maybe...eaten. In the nicest possible way... ;D

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

deadmanshand

Sorry about that, ShadowFox. Consider it taken care of.

BeeJay your character is approved. Welcome aboard.

BeeJay

O/O

TheSithChicken

ShadowFox89

I'm planning a class on spirits and elemental magic for my teacher. Spirit class will involve negotiating pacts with spirits, summoning them, and keeping them at bay.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

deadmanshand

I wouldn't say that everyone can learn anything and everything. Maybe you will learn bits and pieces of other magics but it's closer to taking multiple science classes when all you care about is chemistry. You might not do the others but understanding them enhances your understanding of your own. The classes are more of a well rounded education kind of thing. It's meant to be a roleplaying scene.

ShadowFox89

Well, let's say you use runes to create a blast of fire or wall of rock, that's all elemental magic isn't it? Runes are just the transmission source, element is the power. Same with spirits, using runes to bind one in place is still rune magic right?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

I suppose one way to think about it is that although your character may only be proficient in one type of magic, it is expected that you would at least have a grounding knowledge of other magics to recognize it when your out in the field and know how to deal with it appropriately.

ShadowFox89

Huh... well, what I was thinking was that teachers would be teaching the concepts of magic. There's more than one way for magic to manipulate elements after all.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

D12

How many actual professors are there at the moment?
Just curious because the character I started a while back; before getting distracted, is slated to be a professor.

Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Drake Valentine

Name : Felix Kaiser, goes by. (Actual identity unknown)
Role: Student
Where Do You Come From? Ninja Country

Who Are You? Human?

Your Story So Far?
As did all royals within his line have done, Felix went through training at school at a young age. He was quickly excelled in hand to hand combat, stealth, various tricks of information gathering. lock picking, and much more; but unlike his older brother, he was not a prodigy, and even when he done better than most other students he was still scorned within his family from not being as great as the example his elder counterpart had once set out.

Things steadily continued to tumble downhill with the war; although the Ninja country may of not been as involved as others, still there were dealings going on behind the scenes. Mainly involving Felix’s elder brother and the leaders of the Hellfire Imperium.. Shortly a few years later the ruler of the Ninja County mysteriously died and afterwards Felix’s older brother ascended the throne. Still the strangeness of events didn’t end there; males that may had ties of possible heirs were soon sent off to other countries, some of which never being heard from again or ultimately written out behind the scenes.

Felix may of suffer similar fate if he didn’t accidentally eavesdrop on one of the conversations between a representative of the Hellfire Imperium and his brother. Their next target for operations was without a doubt Felix and the young lad at the time heard much more than that. Alarmed for his safety, he made his escape from the castle; yet not without drawing the attention from his dearest and elder brother.

The boy suffered graved wounds considerably fatal and was left to die within the forest. He may have had if he didn’t stumble upon a shrine of the spirit of the country. Seeing Felix’s injuries, the spirit offer to heal them, but it would cost the boy his power over the use of magic to mend injuries that grave. Unwilling to easily part with such, another suggestion was made in addition. If he wished for power he would have to make a sacrifice for such. The end result was that he was healed and in addition lost most of his vision to harness the spirit of Darkness.

Over time through his travels he came across the Spirit of Sand within the desert regions; another pact was made and the sacrifice far greater, but not to a grave end. Essentially, his entire existence would remain unknown, things he may do, he won't be remembered for them, be they good or bad. In time he would find loopholes around this, using a false identity aided to keeping some manner of presence if he took an extended stay in towns or cities, but after a good amount of time away from the people he may of met and returning, he would only find himself forgotten by them. The name given they may still vaguely recall, but his image is lost to them. The life of a 'phantom' from there had its ups and downs and inevitably he ended up 'enrolling' within the Academy in order to track down the other spirits to broaden his powers and exact his revenge on those who had wrong him and many others before him within his village.

What Can You Do? Summoner. Invokes the use of Celestial Spirits through pactmaking to strengthen himself or give himself other attributes. He cannot presently call upon multiple spirits at one time as that is a more advance technique. He can also use Celestial magic of that element, although he cannot actively use both magic and whatever buffs the spirits may give him at the same time. More advance techniques can bring the spirit in form, but at his level he can only initiate rituals that are time consuming if he wishes for them in the 'physical realm.' He can still pretty much communicate with the ones freely that he is in a pact with as they are a part of him.
Celestial Spirits

Pegasus, Spirit of Wind

Oni, Spirit of Darkness

Nymph, Spirit of Earth

Oread, Spirit of Sand

Efreet. Spirit of Fire

Cherufe, Spirit of Lava

Angel, Spirit of Light

Cyclops, Spirit of Metal

Raiju, Spirit of Lightning

Nix, Spirit of Water

Yuki-onna, Spirit of Ice

Devil, Spirit of Aether

How Pacts are Made: Pacts can be acquired by various methods.
I. Sacrifice. The pact maker sacrifices something of his/her, the stronger the sacrifice the greater the bond. This is often viewed as a 'taboo' method of gaining power through spirits.
II. Victory. If the pact maker can prove to be stronger than the spirit and defeat them in single combat, it is a sure fire method of gaining their respect and power. The offset of this, is that it can be a lethal outcome, there is no telling if the pactmaker will be strong enough to properly subdue or force the spirit into admitting defeat.
III. Contract. Another common method, the pact maker and spirit both form a contract to one another with their own sets of goals to achieve; however, if the contract is broken, the pact maker will lose any further pursuit of acquiring that spirit.

Pacts Made:
Oni - Sacrificed Vision (Near blind without glasses)
Oread - Sacrificed History (Those who may once knew him have forgotten him, and those that recently meet him after his pact will even have fuzzy memory of who he is- no matter the time he may spend with them once he leaves their company(for an extended period of time.) Despite any great or misdeeds he may do or done, he will never be remembered for them in history.) 

What Would You Like To See In The Game? Adventuring and making pacts with other spirits that I conjured up.

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Sexual On's and Offs : Offs: Yaoi(male x male), receiving anal, bestiality(does not pertain to actual monstrous humanoids.) Vore/Mutilation/Death
Other Tidbits:
Indulging himself carnally with his pact mates.
His peaceful silence.
Adventuring within the world.
Dislikes:
His brother
The Hellfire Imperium
Anyone that tries to get in his way.
Strengths:
Lock picking
Stealth / Espionage.
Martial Arts / Unarmed Combat.
Power drawn through pacts.
Weaknesses:
Physically weaker than most men.  (Does not include any strength boosting Spirits)
Horsemanship / Riding
Not Proficient with weapons. 
Sacrifices made through pacts.
Player : Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

deadmanshand

Silk and ShadowFox - You are both right really.

D12 - At the moment? Just me.

Drake - I like the character so far.

I really put this game up at a bad time originally. Severely underestimating how busy/sick (couple of times in the hospital)/injured (6 shoulder dislocations and counting in the last month!) I would end up being. But that is all coming to an end soon. Work is slowing down and I am finally getting some time to recover. As such I will be posting more often and plan on getting the first post for this game up this weekend.

Nowherewoman

Found a much better, more 'Amazonian' looking avi for Illy (the amazingly gorgeous Joan Smalls- WANT!), and, as discussed w/Deadman, will be putting together a staff member as well, a guardian golem that patrols the grounds and halls at night.

BeeJay

I like the change, nowherewoman. She is lovely and looks my exotic.
O/O

Nowherewoman

Thanks, BeeJay! I love the orignal avi, but the new one just feels more right.

And here's my Dybbuk:

Name : Zhonn

Role:Staff

Where Do You Come From? The Academy

Who Are You? Guardian Golem

Your Story So Far?
Zhonn is one of the wonders of the Academy, predating the current class of students by centuries, and at least most of the faculty by some time: a seven-foot tall androgynous statue of purest, polished ivory, inlaid with traceries of alchemical silver, and having uncannily bright and humanlike blue eyes (some say they are human eyes, embedded in the statue and ensorcelled to stay forever fresh, granting Zhonn transmundane vision). During daylight hours, Zhonn mostly remains in a niche just to the left of the main portal of the Great Hall; at night, it patrols the halls and grounds, warding the Academy against intruders.

The animatron, while required by its nature to obey direct commands given by any faculty or staff member, is fairly autonomous, and can converse clearly, if sometimes a bit slowly, in a high, childlike but oddly resonant voice. While technically required to ensure students do not break curfew, it seems interested in 'human' behavior, emotion, and sexuality, so often, if there is nothing more threatening than a game of Birds and Bees going on in an out of the way place, it will observe and guard rather than interrupt.

What Can You Do?
While normally sedately slow-moving, Zhonn can sprint surprisingly rapidly for short distances in order to close the range between it and an intruder. Immensely strong, it's quite capable of tearing an armored being in half with its bare hands; for tougher miscreants, it carries a blacksteel zweihander on its back. The magic and wards that animate its resilient body serve to protect it from common spells. An unusually hot magical fire would cause the golem quite a bit of damage, and it likely can be affected in many other ways- but by design NOT by any magic a student would ordinarily be able to muster.

It's known that Zhonn's disturbing, unblinking eyes allow it to see in total darkness; it's also rumored that it can, at least to some degree, detect invisible or otherwise masked living beings within its cone of vision. There's a joke going around that it can tell you what color your underwear is, assuming you're wearing any; the truth of this is yet to be determined.

What Would You Like To See In The Game?  Zhonn could go several ways, from ravaging combat avenger to quietly curious outsider. (s)he(it) can, I think, flow with just about anything that happens.

Sexuality : Non/unknown

Sexual On's and Offs : https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=54379, though, as an observer, most of these do not apply.

Player: NowhereWoman