Everybody Wants to Shag Batman! [NC-H]

Started by The Great Triangle, February 24, 2009, 07:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I'm interested in running a game based around an alternate version of the DC universe, featuring batman at the center of a complex web of relationships between the heroes and criminals of Gotham city.

Key Characters:  (Heroes)

Batman (Bruce Wayne)  Bisexual playboy and masked vigilante, Batman is one of the most admired men in Gotham.  His multiple lovers are a thinly veiled secret, and he's had his identity revealed to more than a few of his worst enemies.  Yet, they seem to find playing the game of propping batman up intoxicating, even as they take their turns slaking their lusts against him.

Robin (Tim Drake)  Batman's partner in crime, and his current apprentice.  Tim Drake is the third to bear the name Robin, and the third to be Wayne's secret lover. 

Key Characters:  (Villians)

The Joker (Richard Grayson) Once he was batman's first sidekick, then he fell into a vat of smilex toxins, and the bat rejected him.  Crafting a new identity, the disfigured former boy wonder began a life of crime, his intense love and hate for both Batman and Bruce Wayne driving him to new atrocities.

Harley Quinn (Harlene Quinzel) A psychiatrist who tried to "cure" the joker, her perverse attraction to the man caused her to get careless, and the Joker was able to sedate her, and implant a strange device close to her heart, where it could not be removed without killing her.  Quinzel was flooded with endorphins, and experienced nearly every sensation as pleasurable.  The strange effect of the scar near her heart drove her mad, and she became the Joker's lover and servant.

Catwoman (Selena Kyle) A dominatrix from the worse districts of Gotham, she became obsessed with Batman after he saved her from a group of muggers.  Donning a mask, for a brief time she became a costumed vigilante, using her feminine wiles to confuse and scare her opponents.  Yet, when she met batman, he dismissed her, and told her to quit.  Becoming angry, Selena applied her talents to crime, and soon became the most infamous burglar in all of Gotham.  She has plotted with the joker to kidnap batman for her own brand of pleasure on numerous occasions.

Secondary Characters: (Heroes)

Nightwing (Jason Todd) Batman's second sidekick, who found life under batman to be uncomfortable.  He struck out on his own, becoming the first to discover batgirl's secret identity, and blackmailed her into becoming his sidekick.   

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) The daughter of commissioner Gordon was just another batman fangirl, until she decided to take her dreams into her own hands.  Unfortunately, she got caught and unmasked on her first night on patrol, only to be saved by nightwing.  She secretly resents her junior status, and the way that Nightwing keeps seeming to use her as a proxy for his frustrations with Batman.

Secondary Characters:  (Villians)

Two Face (Harvey Dent)  Harvey Dent was district attorney and Bruce Wayne's lover, but the Joker found out about their relationship, and threatened to test a new chemical agent on Mr. Dent if batman didn't turn himself in.  Batman surrendered to the joker, but he brought a police tracking device with him.  Angered by batman's half acceptance of his terms, the Joker doused half of Harvey Dent in his chemicals, disfiguring him and driving him insane.  After having Batman's true identity whispered into his ear, Two Face began a campaign of vengeance against Batman, hoping to catch the Joker in the crossfire.

Poison Ivy (Lillian Isely)  The second time Harlene Quinzel entered Arkham Asylum, she was assigned to a cell with Lillian Isely, a woman with severe schizophrenia, and delusions that the plants of the world would rise up and annihilate humanity if they were not respected.  Lillian found in Quinzel's blue eyes and optimistic attitude something truly admirable, though she loathed Harley's heterosexuality.  For several weeks, the two became a couple, until the Joker came and split them apart.  At Quinzel's request, Isely was set free, and so she became a supervillian, taking the name of Poison Ivy, and making it her goal in life to prove to Harley the superiority of sapphic affection.

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

My god. I can't resist this. Harley plz! ;D

Transgirlenstein

Poison Ivy please: if Karma does not mind playing the Harley to my Ivy
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Prefect Mos

Is this going to Be a Dark Serious Game, Or Campy. I think I would like to apply For the Night Wing, however fully open minded about possibly different roles ect.

scottw72

I would actually like to play the Batgirl role if noone objects.

Prefect Mos

I dont, Especially If your open for a few Nightwing/Batgirl scenes...

scottw72

Prefect Mos

What role did you want... perhaps we can add something else...

The Great Triangle

The game will probably be dark, since I'm physically incapable of running light.  It'll be pretty watchmen like, very light on the superpowers, very heavy on the delusions and mental illness, like Christopher Nolan batman.

I can probobly take the role of Batman if nobody jumps on it, although we also need a joker... Anybody know anyone that would make a good joker/batman?

(We can probably skip robin though...)

Ons and Offs

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Tigre on February 26, 2009, 08:49:43 AM
This idea is freaking brilliant.
I am sad all the roles I wanted have been taken :( Make it good! I'll be curious to see what happens...

Maybe Lady Shiva, the martial arts queen and potential domme extraoidnaire? ^_~

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Anti

This seems like a very interesting idea for a group RP, i'd definately be interested... the only problem is that i'd have to be the Joker, because I cant RP anyone else from batman.... although, Uhm... does it help that i'm the "official" best roleplayer of "The Joker" on bebo? I tend to play him as Heath Ledger did in The Dark Knight, a twisted, sadistic, maniacal and misunderstood genuis who also happens to be a master criminal and more than adequate fighter. I've been told I capture his personality better than anyone else has ever seen him RP'd on bebo. I know it sounds very arrogant but if i were to copy and paste some of my comments in here then it'd sound less so.

Anyway, i'd like to be in this xD

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Anti on February 28, 2009, 04:29:54 AM
This seems like a very interesting idea for a group RP, i'd definately be interested... the only problem is that i'd have to be the Joker, because I cant RP anyone else from batman.... although, Uhm... does it help that i'm the "official" best roleplayer of "The Joker" on bebo? I tend to play him as Heath Ledger did in The Dark Knight, a twisted, sadistic, maniacal and misunderstood genuis who also happens to be a master criminal and more than adequate fighter. I've been told I capture his personality better than anyone else has ever seen him RP'd on bebo. I know it sounds very arrogant but if i were to copy and paste some of my comments in here then it'd sound less so.

That sounds reasonable enough, that gives us a joker, and we can do without a robin.  A martial arts master from the east wouldn't be too bad an idea...  fits in with Batman Begins, although a catwoman might be more useful to give batman an obvious pairing.  I'll have to think about how to "spin" batman for a while...

Ons and Offs

Mnemaxa

Quote from: The Great Triangle on February 28, 2009, 11:50:02 AM

That sounds reasonable enough, that gives us a joker, and we can do without a robin.  A martial arts master from the east wouldn't be too bad an idea...  fits in with Batman Begins, although a catwoman might be more useful to give batman an obvious pairing.  I'll have to think about how to "spin" batman for a while...

Batman learned some of his martial arts from Lady Shiva. ^_^

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Transgirlenstein

Will we be going with a more chemical using Ivy then rather then the all out plant tentacled lady of current comics?  (I like either version really :) )

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Tigre on February 28, 2009, 02:54:36 PM
I'm not as familiar with Shiva, but if the owner decides it's plausible, I am a master Googler (OHOHOHO.) and I HAVE wanted to try being a domme before...:>

I'm not opposed to using a more obscure character in the game, not when the character isn't insanely superpowered and comes with a recommendation from such an august personage as mnemexia.  If all else fails, catwoman and shiva could be fused into one character.

As far as Ivy goes, think master of poisons, with a bit of unabomber style ingenuity, to be able to create deadly toxins and explosives from common household chemicals.  Ivy spent much of her college carreer dosing herself with slowly escalating doses of the world's deadliest toxins, so she isn't afraid of filling the air around her with a mild neurotoxin just to hurt the judgment of her enemies.  Naturally, she might very well work on inoculating Ms. Quinn with a very thorough resistance to paralytic toxins.  ;)  (Or perhaps sedatives and/or aphrodisiacs)

As far as the format of the game goes, there's a discussion that needs to be had on whether or not to run the game in first person or third person.  I'd find the game easier playing batman in first person, but this is mostly because that enables me to avoid having to think about the precise direction I want to take his character.  Several obvious directions present themselves, of course.  Dashing seducer, cruel sexual predator, kinky playboy, mad vigilante...  there's a lot.   In first person, I can just employ shifting attitudes to embody Wayne's conflicting identities.  (although I imagine the Joker player is facing similar difficulties on how to define his character if he's not going to emulate a particular joker.)

Ons and Offs

Anti

You guys can write in first person if you want, but i'll be writing in third person (eg: "As batman leapt towards him, The Joker swung his right arm in a vicious hook punch, catching batman's jaw") because from a narrative point of view, it's the easiest way to include all the necessary detail for the actions and thoughts of your character, AND being able to include other stuff such as description of the location and things that you as the RPer know, but your character doesnt.

Transgirlenstein

I can try my hand at first person.  And think of many nasty things to put into syringes for poor Harley :)

Anti

Quote from: The Great Triangle on February 28, 2009, 09:45:57 PM
(although I imagine the Joker player is facing similar difficulties on how to define his character if he's not going to emulate a particular joker.)

I tend to go for the Heath Ledger style joker, as he has the capacity to literally be whatever you want. Heath Ledger's joker can be RPd as a twisted maniac, a misunderstood genius, a stone cold killer or just a sex-crazed psycopathic nihilist who is hell bent on the destruction of anything that he can see. <3 the joker xD

+ to see me Rping as Him, go to Pixi & Grape's playhouse in the one-on-one light's board.

The Great Triangle

Awesome!  The cat is a sexy lady.  :)

I think having all of the characters except the joker write in first person would work.  It makes sense enough that nobody can see into the joker's mind. 

As for the structure of the game, do you want me to provide scenarios and then have the players play through them, or simply play the game freeform with each player defining his or her goals individually?

Ons and Offs

Scenarios might give it some form and prevent it from falling in on itself, yeah?

The Great Triangle

True, and I'm in the mood to do a fairly structured game anyway...  So, yes.  Scenarios!

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

We're currently in need of a Joker.  Graceful, charismatic joker (Animated Series or Adam West type) Preferred, but anarchist punk joker perfectly acceptable.

Ons and Offs