Zoids rp (intrest check / OOC)

Started by DigitLninja, January 21, 2010, 10:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

I am trying to come up with a good idea for a Zoids rp. I have been craving a mech rp for a long time now and a Zoids rp for even longer. Any ideas you may have are welcome I thought a tournament might be good or we could have a story around the Dark Judges and some illegal Zoids battles.

Character Profile

In Character
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Odin

Was thinking about a Zoid RP last night... But new century? Don't know it. Sorry.

Nice little bump though, eh?

DigitLninja

>< I dislike Chaotic Century so much... took them 8 friggen episodes to figure out that a Shield Liger has a shield.

New Century is all about the Liger Zero and the Ultimate X and Zoid Battle Competitions, I highly recommend it. Only 26 episodes long and it was on Cartoon Network back in the days of Toonami so you can find the English dub.

Zoids New Century Zero 3rd opening English
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Odin

I'll look into it... Chaotic was the one with the raptor-like dinosaur thing that went around with them, right? Errr... Zeek?

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

I'll join!..But I reserve the Slash Liger! o3o

and Luxray Liger:

DigitLninja

Good choice, I'm going with Liger Zero myself, and all armor forms.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

I just realized that we don't really need to base this rp off of one of the shows... but if we incorporate anything I would rather have battle competitions than a war using Zoids.
Quotes to Live by:

Jag

>.>

*wants to...but shouldn't*

Gah...I'm so behind on games right now...I shouldn't...

<.<

I shall wander back once I work things out.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

DigitLninja

Forbidden fruit is the best kind... I'm going to make an apple company named Forbidden Fruit...
Quotes to Live by:

Jag

I eat enough forbidden fruit daily with my games.

I swear, one more Mr. Hyde game and I'm gonna pop. ^__^

DigitLninja

by the way... I am so happy you have the Arthur song in your links, it made me smile.
Quotes to Live by:

Jag

DigitLninja

Geh, I'm so torn right now, I want to use Liger Zero but Shadow Fox is also a favorite of mine... *sits and thinks hard till steam comes out mah ears*
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

I'll probably join in as soon as I can watch through enough episodes to refresh my memory.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Carlissa

Ohh, Zoids! How wonderful! I reserve the panda zoid! (Forgot its name...)

Would pregnancy interfeir with this? ^^
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

DigitLninja

I don't think a pregnant woman would be piloting a Zoid for battle, but she could be a financial backer and depending on how far along she is she could use a Zoid for transportation... that's only if you want to be realistic cause in anime we could say that putting you in battle means instant win.

Bamburian Panda
Quotes to Live by:

Carlissa

Sigh...everyone underestimates the power of pregnant woman! We arn't completely helpless, you know!

But very well. Since my characters are usually...young, I guess I could be a repair woman or something...or would that be too dangerous too? xD Or she could just be a "dasmel in distress" girl and cheer her boyfriend on from the sidelines.

And how would it mean instant win?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Odin

Do I actually need a good know how of New century? Is it very different from Chaotic?

DigitLninja

no i think your fine... just know that new century is basically modern day, with zoid battles. not villages and wars.

I will never underestimate a pregnant woman, and if you want to battle then I won't stop you. I just get silly images of you taking a heavy hit and sounds of a baby crying... cause I'm addicted to Family Guy
Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

Quote from: Carlissa on January 24, 2010, 06:40:30 AM
Sigh...everyone underestimates the power of pregnant woman! We arn't completely helpless, you know!

But very well. Since my characters are usually...young, I guess I could be a repair woman or something...or would that be too dangerous too? xD Or she could just be a "dasmel in distress" girl and cheer her boyfriend on from the sidelines.

And how would it mean instant win?

I call being the boyfriend and one to get you pregnant! *cuddles Carly*

Odin

I'm interested, but not joining until the idea is posted.

DigitLninja

yeah... we kind of need a story line other than, we battle for money and to gain rank.
Quotes to Live by:

Carlissa

Quote from: Wolfy on January 24, 2010, 08:01:35 AM
I call being the boyfriend and one to get you pregnant! *cuddles Carly*

*Jumps on Wolfy as kisses him* Just like old times, Wolfy! Wouldn't want anyone else ;)

DigitLninja

alright so who is thinking what about story line?
Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

Quote from: Carlissa on January 24, 2010, 02:25:37 PM
*Jumps on Wolfy as kisses him* Just like old times, Wolfy! Wouldn't want anyone else ;)

LOL. *returns kiss* ^-^

cmpuncle

I think if we end up doing this I will use the Diablo Tiger as seen here: http://zoids.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_Tiger

I like the way it looks very sleek yet menacing at the same time.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

DigitLninja

I have decided to stick with the Shadow Fox

Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

<evil grin>
Did somebody say, STORYLINE?  I'll try to come up with something, and possibly even join in, but I am currently refreshing my collective "Zoids memory" as it has been a long time since I watched it.  Since I hate to post something without content, here are a few off the top of my head ideas:

perhaps the appearance of a new, unknown, kind of Zoid causes chaos and strife, and it's up to the heroes to stop it.  Of course, that lets us choose sides. It's not exactly a war.  OR Perhaps it is a legendary Zoid that everyone is after, and there's a group that should definitely NOT have it, but has the best resources to get it. Something like that.  Until I've had some time to think it over, that's all I can come up with at the moment. 
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

some great ideas as usual Saikotsu
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

thanks. It's nice to get back to roleplaying and coming up with storylines again.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Odin

I Agree!

There shouldn't be competitions and stuff... Original story line altering gives you more creative power.

What about a crew goes around trying to take down an evil group that is trying to get their hands on a legendary zoid, or is destroying all the zoid crews around... That way, the plot line can take more twists and sideplots.

Saikotsu

I like those ideas, particularly the evil crew taking out other crews.  But what about Motive? WHY are they doing it? Revenge, Ambition, some convoluted reason that defies logic?  Perhaps they just want to be the best around?
- a friend

Odin

Quote from: Saikotsu on January 24, 2010, 09:17:40 PM
I like those ideas, particularly the evil crew taking out other crews.  But what about Motive? WHY are they doing it? Revenge, Ambition, some convoluted reason that defies logic?  Perhaps they just want to be the best around?

Simple. Less crews, less competition... Plus, they can salvage other zoids to make their own better.

DigitLninja

hmm... what if this crew that's destroying zoids has a list of ultimate zoid parts that was written by a legendary S class Zoid Pilot. They start attacking Zoid hangers in search of the parts and in order to take down the competition while they are sleeping.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

I think you guys pretty much got it figured out now.

Odin

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 25, 2010, 06:10:47 AM
hmm... what if this crew that's destroying zoids has a list of ultimate zoid parts that was written by a legendary S class Zoid Pilot. They start attacking Zoid hangers in search of the parts and in order to take down the competition while they are sleeping.

Hmmm... I Don't know. I Mean, it gives them a list, but it just seems a little... Overdone to me. I Agree, my ideas aren't really original, but "ultimate parts"? Isn't that like, the holy grail? Exists, but impossible to find?

I Think we should try for something a little more level-headed, so that no one gets ahead. Maybe something along the lines of post-apocalyptic Zoid raiders?

DigitLninja

what do you mean by post-apocalyptic? As in the world has come to an end, very few humans left mostly wild zoids and these people are stealing parts and causing harm... or something else?
Quotes to Live by:

Odin

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 26, 2010, 05:59:20 AM
what do you mean by post-apocalyptic? As in the world has come to an end, very few humans left mostly wild zoids and these people are stealing parts and causing harm... or something else?

No, after a war counts...

DigitLninja

So, people trying to rebuild there lives and these raiders come in to steal zoid parts.
Quotes to Live by:

Odin

... Not just steal Zoid parts... Take food... Supplies... Whatever they want. Thats what makes a Raider a Raider... They do whatever they want.

DigitLninja

Alright, so we have raiders taking whatever they want from anyone while these people are trying to rebuild there own lives, so that means that zoid pilots are being requested as protection... this could lead to bounty hunters, a Zoid mafia type situation, people just trying to take money, and heroes who will work for nothing and take out the trash.

I like it.
Quotes to Live by:

Odin

Huzzah!

Works for me. Any other opinions on it?

DigitLninja

we will have to wait for the other opinions to appear
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

wow this story is getting fancy...lol

Saikotsu

I like the idea of the raiders myself.  However, I don't really think we can go with JUST them being raiders.  It's a great starting point, but the story might get old quickly.  Otherwise it will just be one or more groups fending off raiders.  It does have great potential though.  Everyone starts out just trying to rebuild their lives and struggle against the raiders, but over the course of the rp, each person finds their own personal reason to struggle onward, and perhaps becomes aware of hidden talents/strengths.  Hmmmm. Maybe I was wrong. I would say however that it should be post-war, rather than post-apocalyptic.  I like post-apocalyptic, since I do enjoy Fallout 3, but I think a post-war scenario would be easier, and more likely to make a better story.  Perhaps we could combine some of the ideas too.  Most mech shows and games involve a pilot stumbling upon a mech that is special in some way, and over time they learn the mysteries behind it. Perhaps during a raid on a small town, a young pilot accidently discovers a special zoid, and fights the raiders off.  In the aftermath of the initial battle, they decide to go on a personal crusade to stop the raiders and make the world peaceful again, and then they meet up with comrades who help them on their journey.  anyway, that's my two scents. By the way, I like this method of constructing an rp.
- a friend

DigitLninja

I think one of the major things we should avoid is the cliche of someone finding a mech that is special, not that that isn't a super fun rp but I don't think that's what where going for in this one.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

ok, that's fine, although arguably any Liger type zoid is a techincally a special zoid.

regardless, I still want to have my character have a Zoid that isn't techincally his. Perhaps a Zoid that was conscripted by the raiders against its will, and he rescued it, or he found a random zoid.

By the way, I'd like to create a zoid of my own, (although it might actually exist).  A Dune Liger, basically a liger designed to operate in desert environments.  Nothing really special about it other than that.
- a friend

DigitLninja

Actually in every show involving a Liger it was the Organoid System that made the Zoid such a good mech, except one where it was the will of the pilot that made the Zoid work. So by saying that a Liger doesn't come with an Organoid than they are normal.

As for a Dune Liger I don't see why not. though most zoids have no problems in the desert making a Liger Zoid especially designed for desert combat would be an interesting thing, though if you ever leave the desert than it may be a burden.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

Hmm. Perhaps you're right. The reason I think the Ligers are special is because they are most often in the hands of the main protagonist. Usually it's the protagonist who wins, so put two and two together, a good machine with a good pilot = win. In all actuality, thoguh, I'm not certain which one I really want.  Maybe a Liger or a command wolf, or a custom made one.  I need to watch more of the show to figure it out I think.
- a friend

Wolfy

^-^..Can't wait for this to start..:D

Carlissa

DigitLninja

Alright I think we have enough to go on... are we in agreement?
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

I'll second that motion.

Saikotsu

me as well. by the way, a certain other individual plans on joining us.
- a friend

DigitLninja

she is welcome as always Saikotsu.
Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

Woot..^_^ *can't wait*

DigitLninja

I'll have the IC up and running by tomorrow morning
Quotes to Live by:

DeviantMunster

Hello! I might want to try joining this, if there's room left. As for the zoid I'd be interested in, I'd like to go with maybe a Gustav or some other transport zoid (unless someone else already has a transport thingy). And yes, I know I probably won't be taking part in battle all that much, but I'd still like to go with that! At least at first~

DigitLninja

sounds goo to me, it's not all about the battles anyway
Quotes to Live by:

DeviantMunster

Great then! Is there a profile section already set up? And is there a profile format?

DigitLninja

there is not as of yet, I will be setting up everything hopefully tonight.
Quotes to Live by:

DeviantMunster

Saikotsu

I'm not familiar with Gustavs as much as I'd like to be.  How many zoids could a gustav transport?  If possible I'd like to have my character travelling with you. UnderCov3rL0ver and I have been talking about this rp, and she would also probably travel with me, so that'd be two zoids plus whatever else you'd be transporting. 
- a friend

Wolfy

Aren't Gustav's the Pillbug looking zoids? In that case, they'd have to be pulled along behind it in containers...I think it can transport up to three this way.

cmpuncle

I would assume a gustav can transport at least two zoids, maybe four, but at four it would start losing performance, I believe.  It also depends on the individual configuration of the gustav, for instance my guesses are based off of Moonbeam's configuration from Chaotic Century.

Carlissa

*Raises hand* Question...Could I make a younger character, like a ten year old or something, and have him only pertisapate in fights and not sexual intercourse?

DeviantMunster

Yeah, typically it can only transport two, but perhaps this one is a tad bigger! Anything more than four would probably be a little awkward, but we can work things out~

I wouldn't mind having you two travel with me! I felt that having a transport Zoid would help with focusing our RP on one spot.

Wolfy

DigitLninja

I just thought about something, we should appoint teams to people and decide who is an honorable zoid pilot and who is a bandit. I am fine with that Carlissa but I am also fine with you being a warrior as well.

here is the Character Profile
Quotes to Live by:

DeviantMunster

Hmm! So we're having players be both bandits and 'heroes'?

cmpuncle

hmm well I know at least a couple of you will want to join the team known as "The Church of Bob!"  All hail!!  lol

ooo and we could even be bandits....that puts a whole new spin on things.

*cue evil laugh*

mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

DeviantMunster

Sent in my profile! Changed it from the Gustav to the Hover Cargo, though I can go back to the Gustav if there's an issue. Just thought the Hover Cargo was bigger (thus allowing more people to join up eventually), and also seemed to have a lounge plus areas for crew to interact.

Odin

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 30, 2010, 10:41:50 PM
I just thought about something, we should appoint teams to people and decide who is an honorable zoid pilot and who is a bandit. I am fine with that Carlissa but I am also fine with you being a warrior as well.

here is the Character Profile

Trust me, I've played plenty of games split into two teams. Its never a good idea.

Odin

For anyone who wants to join or whatever:

List of zoids

DigitLninja

right we need to decide who is what, who is a bandit, who is a normal zoid pilot, who is with the mafia, and then decide who has joined up with other pilots to form competition teams.

So I want everyone to post here when you get the chance who you are with and who's team you are on or who you plan to be on

my character is former mafia member turned good. and he plans to join up with the team that has the hover cargo for an ally.

also just to inform you I made up a random town that has nothing to do with zoids series, so your home town can me anyplace you want and we can design the towns and citys around that.
Quotes to Live by:

Carlissa

Both of my characters are going to be regular poilets turned good...

cmpuncle

My character, I haven't decided a name yet, wil be on a competition team named The Church of Bob.  We will make use of a Whale King as our transport, I'll have the details on its armaments up in the profile once I eat something and finish geting ready for the day.  Anyone who wants to is welcome to join, after all the Whale King will have plenty of room.

Saikotsu

I'm not sure I get the whole team thing.  Didn't we agree to avoid competition?  Regardless, my character is a mercenary.  Despite being a mercenary, he will only take jobs from bandits if the job does not involve raiding a village or whatnot.  For the most part, he'll join whatever team pays him well enough. (hey, a pilot needs to make money somehow, right?)
- a friend

cmpuncle

ok so actually The Church of Bob will be a team of bandits.

Or better yet we will be a team of bandits who will also aid mercenaries in need, for a fee of course.

Saikotsu

hmmm. This might be the first time I'm not a member of the Church of Bob, GASP!
- a friend

DeviantMunster

*blinks* Hmm, now I'm a little uncertain what we're all doing. So we're all splitting up into different groups and going to randomly meet up and fight each other?

Anyway! My character will be the daughter of some Mafia hotshot. Of course, she ran away for various reasons (of course, after liberating a few things).

DigitLninja

the story is that a planet wide war has just ended and people are rebuilding. Because of this bandits are trying to steal things for themselves using zoids, at the same time there are zoid pilots who are being payed to protect city's and villages and because of this the Zoid Mafia is born taking advantage of peoples need for protection. While this is going on Zoid Battle competitions are still commencing because it helps to ease the peoples minds with a little entertainment.

And that's why we have Zoid Battle Teams and Bandit / Mafia / none/ other category's for your characters mindset.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

that sounds a bit chaotic.  I however think you could pull it off dude, but it won't be easy.  I suggest we forget about competition, at least for the beginning, and then maybe add it later as a plot device.  The bandits, mercs, mafia, and regular pilots all get involved for one reason or another, or it becomes an extension of their current rivalries and dispositions. this is, of course, all up to you.  I crave a mech rp and I'm willing to join regardless of how it's run. 
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

hmmm. Mafia eh?  I might actually make a second character that's in the Zoid Mafia.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

Saikotsu

- a friend

DigitLninja

alright... I want to get this thing started by tonight, everything looks good so I'll be posting the IC soon
Quotes to Live by:

DeviantMunster

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Malgriff

think i might enjoy this, but am too lazy to watch episodes so if i dont know something can someone gimme a quick summery?

DigitLninja

you know I always got your back Akumamika

and here is a reference page that I am sure we will all use at one point: Zoids Wiki
Quotes to Live by:

DeviantMunster

Ack, a whale king >.< Flying, crew of 500, numerous areas for zoids... totally makes my Hover Cargo seem pitiful *pouts!*

So, should we converge on one city, the one DigitalNinja's in?

DigitLninja

I would like it if your character pulled into town Deciant so i could express interest in joining up with you, but other than that no one is required to join in my 'nameless' town
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

Sorry but that's just my style, don't worry it's not invincible.  And maybe for the right price Hawk can help you out.

DigitLninja

Also in New Century the Hover Cargo takes down a Whale King
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

quiet.....they aren't supposed to know about that.....*shifty eyes*

DeviantMunster

Sounds scary! But hum. So, Kaen and Undercover's characters are on my hover cargo then?

Saikotsu

that's what it seems like to me. I asked if we could travel with you before.  Looks like UnderCov3r already posted, so I guess I'll post shortly.
- a friend

DeviantMunster

Saikotsu

post has been made, and breakfast eaten.
- a friend