What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenophile

Huh. I just walked inside the tent and started chucking plasma grenades.

My game lagged a lot, but that's expected with so many red dressed goofs turning into smaller red chunks in such a short time.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Avis habilis

Trying to wrap up what I think is the last stage of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (yes, yes, I'm way behind the times. Leave me alone.)

I think I've finally figured out the trick to getting Sadono separated from his bodyguards & confused enough to grab.

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Wolfy

^-^...I'm thinking about playing through Fallout New Vegas as a Cannabilistic evil bastard who sides with ceasar's legion for a little while, then kills ceasar and eats him..along with everyone else. :D

Hemingway

Playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines again. Epic game. Probably one of the best settings ever, right below Mass Effect.

Also, I'm at the Ocean House hotel right now. Rumored to be one of the scariest levels in video gaming history! I've done it before, so I know what to expect and how to skip a good chunk of it ... but still!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 09, 2011, 07:50:12 PM
It does when you use console commands to spawn both it and 9999 rounds of incendary ammo. :/

I can get off a few good shots, and play for about 30 minutes before the game crashes. xD
That's just God punishing you for cheating. Using an anti-vehicle round on people is a right reserved for those with eight luck scores and a rudimentary knowledge of black jack. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 10, 2011, 03:45:36 PM
That's just God punishing you for cheating. Using an anti-vehicle round on people is a right reserved for those with eight luck scores and a rudimentary knowledge of black jack. :)

Psh..I am God.

...for 30 minutes at a time. >_<

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107692-Blizzard-CEO-Drops-Hints-About-New-MMO

For those that said "Oh, The only thing that can knock WoW off it's throne is Blizzard itself."

You were right. :D

Hemingway

Great, let Blizzard feed us another MMO, effectively blocking anything of actual quality for another ten years.

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on February 10, 2011, 06:54:33 PM
Great, let Blizzard feed us another MMO, effectively blocking anything of actual quality for another ten years.

Teehee....When Blizzard drops their new MMO, society as we know it will stop for a little bit.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on February 10, 2011, 07:31:29 PM
Teehee....When Blizzard drops their new MMO, society as we know it will stop for a little bit.

Blizzard needs to suffer some sort of setback. I hope this new MMO ends up failing completely, or ... something. The story of Warcraft has really gone downhill, like they don't even try anymore, let alone give a shit. Starcraft II had the same problem. Starcraft had an actual story. Starcraft II was a pretty good RTS, but designed solely for the purpose of selling copies to online players, not continuing a story. Everything has gone from having at least a touch of maturity and creativity, to being an incoherent mess of retcons and predictability. Seriously, anyone who does not recognize insipid their stories have gotten, need a reality check.

*Shakes fist.*

Sabby

Quote from: Avis habilis on February 10, 2011, 12:11:00 PM
Trying to wrap up what I think is the last stage of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (yes, yes, I'm way behind the times. Leave me alone.)

I think I've finally figured out the trick to getting Sadono separated from his bodyguards & confused enough to grab.

Good luck once ya get to Chaos Theory... last level is nigh on impossible.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Started Alan Wake.
Combat is maybe slightly worse than I expected it to be however everything else is probably a little bit better, so it kind of balances out.
Also started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Better combat than God of War is something that should really make the GoW guys hang their heads in shame, also you can't really argue with Patrick Stewart flying around dismembering ice titans. However I did make the mistake of putting it on hard, which means these three greater lycans I'm fighting currently? Yeah they're mostly wrecking my shit. Revenge will be sweet once I get my act together and headbutt them all into space.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 10, 2011, 07:48:52 PM
Blizzard needs to suffer some sort of setback. I hope this new MMO ends up failing completely, or ... something. The story of Warcraft has really gone downhill, like they don't even try anymore, let alone give a shit. Starcraft II had the same problem. Starcraft had an actual story. Starcraft II was a pretty good RTS, but designed solely for the purpose of selling copies to online players, not continuing a story. Everything has gone from having at least a touch of maturity and creativity, to being an incoherent mess of retcons and predictability. Seriously, anyone who does not recognize insipid their stories have gotten, need a reality check.

*Shakes fist.*
See? No one listens to me. I've been saying this for a while now, though with more of a marketing slant. I just take all the flame-rage and let other people figure it out for themselves. *Extinguishes self* The burns really do hurt after a while, you know.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 11, 2011, 06:22:23 PM
See? No one listens to me. I've been saying this for a while now, though with more of a marketing slant. I just take all the flame-rage and let other people figure it out for themselves. *Extinguishes self* The burns really do hurt after a while, you know.

Oh, I've seen it coming approximately since the release of the Burning Crusade, at which point I witnessed the first in a series of nonsensical retcons and impossible character developments. I think it's a good thing I basically stopped paying attention to quests and lore in WoW, or I'd probably really have wondered just why Zul'jin needed to die, or what exactly motivated Illidan to do ... whatever he was doing.

Sadly, this has pretty grim implications for Diablo 3, too.

But, yeah, WoW really has hurt MMOs the last few years. It may be a natural part of the process, but with everyone trying to think of ways of emulating WoW, which is an exercise in absolute futility ( you may be able to emulate it well, and you may be able to improve on bits of it, but not to such an extent that people who have invested thousands of hours into WoW are going to choose your new product over what they know ), instead of trying to figure out a new formula.

If the Old Republic can deliver a game with actual story and character development ( hell, I heard rumors of romance subplots. In an MMO!? ), along with compelling mechanics, it might just stand a chance. I mean, it's unlikely it's going to actually dethrone WoW just like that, but it might just attract enough people from WoW, and other people, to make it actually ... last, something few MMOs seem to manage these days.

In other news; Bloodlines is still an awesome game. It's incredible how a game manages to be this, at times, tedious, and still just keep me going and going.

Inkidu

Diablo 3 is going to play just like Diablo 2 with more options. Now that might make it fun. Seriously though, how long can anyone look at the same boring tech tree, and go through the same hack and slashery? Me, not that much. Loot's all well and good but its obvious that what Blizzard wants to do is make their games incredibly addictive to the MMO crowd. Has anyone heard of a strictly single player Blizzard game since that one with the vikings?

I picked up the first Mass Effect. A, to dick around with the universe. B, to remind myself where it all began.

Hemingway

Problem is, Diablo, and to perhaps a somewhat lesser extent Diablo 2, had compelling stories. I'm not hopefully about Diablo 3's story.

Violence

Quote from: Wolfy on February 10, 2011, 02:11:55 PM
^-^...I'm thinking about playing through Fallout New Vegas as a Cannabilistic evil bastard who sides with ceasar's legion for a little while, then kills ceasar and eats him..along with everyone else. :D

You'd think "Cannibal" would hit your karma more negatively than it does.  But I loved my cannibal playthrough.  I did 4 individual playthroughs on that game... @_@ one for each of the major ending themes and trying to set it up the best for each one.  160 something hours of my life sacrificed to that glitchy bitch-goddess of a game...

On topic:  I'm currently playing Phantasy Star IV again (nostalgia), while I wait for MVC3... which I wish I were more excited about.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Taskmaster is in it, that should help your excitement levels.
Poor Taskmaster, used to be such a good character before his recent mini series ruined almost everything:-<
I picked up Madden 11 (don't ask) and Project Sylpheed today so those should occupy my time in between crawling around in the dark with Alan Wake and plotting my vengeance on those three greater lycans.

Wolfy

I'm playing Halo: Reach, Stacking, and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance while waiting for MvC3 to arrive. :/

Sel Nar

I'm still playing Guild Wars (Vanquishing Everything [read: Killing everything on every map on hard difficulty]), but have also started Assassin's Creed 2, and Broherhood, NieR, and Dead Space 2 on my PS3.

As for blizzard being blizzard (aka; ignoring what they're good at in favour of swimming in piles of money), I'm putting my money towards Guild Wars 2.

Geeklet

Playing through Mass Effect 2 again, this time on Insanity as a Vanguard. Challenging? Definitely. Fun charging into people? Loads!

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on February 12, 2011, 09:12:19 AM
Playing through Mass Effect 2 again, this time on Insanity as a Vanguard. Challenging? Definitely. Fun charging into people? Loads!
Being a soldier so smooths over any insanity difficulty problems. Seriously. If you think about it soldiers are the best class. Any attack needed can be replicated by either ammo types or the special attacks. Plus Adrenaline Rush gives you all the slow down to either kick ass or retreat like a sissy so your shields recharge.

Playing Mass Effect still. God damn find the Keepers side quest. Grr... three I need three more and I can't remember where they are.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 12, 2011, 03:20:11 PM
Being a soldier so smooths over any insanity difficulty problems. Seriously. If you think about it soldiers are the best class. Any attack needed can be replicated by either ammo types or the special attacks. Plus Adrenaline Rush gives you all the slow down to either kick ass or retreat like a sissy so your shields recharge.

Playing Mass Effect still. God damn find the Keepers side quest. Grr... three I need three more and I can't remember where they are.

My gut reaction was to disagree, but Adrenaline Rush really is ... well, maybe not overpowered, but soldiers definitely rely on it a lot. I use it for the sake of being able to take more damage, more so than slowing down time to line up shots, but it works just as well ( if not better ) paired with sniper rifles. Adrenaline Rush + semi auto sniper = dead ... just about anything.

I'll say this, though - without it, they would've had to give soldiers a lot more hitpoints.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 12, 2011, 03:51:06 PM
My gut reaction was to disagree, but Adrenaline Rush really is ... well, maybe not overpowered, but soldiers definitely rely on it a lot. I use it for the sake of being able to take more damage, more so than slowing down time to line up shots, but it works just as well ( if not better ) paired with sniper rifles. Adrenaline Rush + semi auto sniper = dead ... just about anything.

I'll say this, though - without it, they would've had to give soldiers a lot more hitpoints.
Soldiers: Proving once and for all that bigger guns solve all problems.