News:

Main Menu

Favorite Villain

Started by MasterMischief, September 13, 2011, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violence

Quote from: Oniya on September 24, 2011, 06:25:04 PM
And this is why we wonder that Reed had enough of a social life to end up with Sue.  ::)

Well... um... he worked out every scenario where they wouldn't end up together and plotted the most logical course of action to avoid all of those scenarios?  You know... with science?

Or um... love beam?  With science.

Also a possibility:

She might just have a kink.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Torch

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Oniya

Quote from: Violence on September 24, 2011, 06:41:54 PM
Well... um... he worked out every scenario where they wouldn't end up together and plotted the most logical course of action to avoid all of those scenarios?  You know... with science?

Or um... love beam?  With science.

Also a possibility:

She might just have a kink.

Except, weren't they married before the space flight?  ;)  [/geek]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on September 24, 2011, 08:46:20 PM
Except, weren't they married before the space flight?  ;)  [/geek]

I don't think so..they were dating then.

Sex Bobomb

Hi all! I was just cruising the forums and I saw this thread. It was one of my acceptance questions so I thought I'd repost here and share my thoughts. My favorite villain is Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. This clip gives you an idea why I like him.

The coin-toss scene No country fo old men

Cold Heritage

Probably Gul Dukat from Deep Space 9.

Quote from: Sabby on September 24, 2011, 05:59:22 PM
Like all good information on the internet, read it on Cracked xD Thanos has a personality disorder where he subconsciously sabotages his own plans, since he feels he doesn't deserve to win with all his powers. I mean, it's a bit unfair... plus he doesn't know he's doing it.

And with Dr Doom, his mum sold her soul to Satan to make sure he was always successful, so whenever he had the Fantastic 4 on the ground, he would get a sudden bout of insecurity and mother issues. Did he do this, or was this just a cosmic hand out from his dead mum?

I hope that's not the case, but if it is, I'm glad I haven't read many stories with the two characters; making them out to be so perfect the only reason they lose is themselves just drags them down and every character in the story.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Sabby

Hey, this is a medium where Spiderman, the most goody good to ever do good, gave up his marriage and kid to Satan to save his Aunt from a bullet wound. Dr Doom being an emo kid with insecurity over a dead mother is pretty par for the course.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 25, 2011, 02:14:24 AM
Hey, this is a medium where Spiderman, the most goody good to ever do good, gave up his marriage and kid to Satan to save his Aunt from a bullet wound. Dr Doom being an emo kid with insecurity over a dead mother is pretty par for the course.
If you have to make a deal with the devil go with the Marvel devil. He's really kind of inept at his job. *nod nod*

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2501-The-Devil-Mr-Parker
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Violence

Quote from: Sabby on September 25, 2011, 02:14:24 AM

Everybody blames Peter for that, but when it came to that point Peter wanted to back out of the deal.  It was Mary Jane that said "Okay" and talked him into it.  Even telling Mephisto that he'd never agree unless she pushed him into it.

Also, they didn't have a child.  Well, at least not at the time that the story takes place.  There was a daughter, May, in the 90's but she just sorta vanished from continuity.  To my knowledge no explanation was ever offered as to what happened.

Not that either of those two concessions justifies the story.  But that goes back to the "bad writing" or in that case, "bad editorial mandate".  Especially since Aunt May's come back from the dead more times from Jean Grey, most commonly due to the fact that the editors just forget she was dead after a while.

On Topic::

Recently read an IDW event that reminded me just how bad-ass this guy can be when handled by the right creative team.

All hail, in deed. ^.^
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Sabby

PR Villian Tribute: Mesogog

Mesogog. The creation of Anton Mercer, a famed Paleontologist, studying strange orbs that were formed by the asteroid impact of the great ice age. Along with dinosaur DNA, his research went up in smoke in a lab accident, transforming him into the Jekyll and Hyde of Power Rangers. As Mr Mercer, he is working tirelessly to reverse the effect, while Mesogog attempts to restore the world to the way it was, making reptiles the dominant life forms on Earth.

What I loved about Mesogog wasn't an attack or a gimmick or even his design, it was how unflinching and threatening he was. Seriously, his voice, the way he looms over his henchmen, pacing with his arms folded behind him like he's absolutely calm, and then out of no where moving in to speak, watching for them to flinch. He loves it. You can just tell, he gets off on the fear in his subordinates, and he has absolutely no qualms throwing them to the fire to further his goals.

But with the way he moves, and the long slitted attire, I was expecting a more oriental fighting style, something where he waits for an attack, then just sort of flows out of the way and puts his palm into their back once, gently, and somehow this makes them fall to their knees and their suit starts exploding sparks randomly. What we got seemed the polar opposite, a lot of powerful but slow attacks with grabs and throws.

Violence

Mesogog had to be cool.  He was up against Tommy. *Tommy fan* But yeah, he was pretty bad-ass.  From the production side, too, you have to give it to the effects team to do his face as well as they did on the budget they probably had.

I think my favorite MMPR baddie would probably be Ransik, though.  I liked the father-daughter story, and his semi-redemption... turned full-redemption in Wild Force.

One thing always bothered me about him, though...

When Ransik fights the Rangers at the end of the series, he so thoroughly owns all six of them in such a short effortless fight that I spent the whole climax screaming, "Why didn't you just do that in the first place?"

Also, he had his fair share of goofy silly episodes, like the one where he tried to set up his daughter with the Blue Ranger.  So I can see how he might lose some of his intimidation factor when he spends just as much time acting like the dad in a sitcom as he does acting like the leader of a mutant empire.

Sabby

Yeah, Ransik fell short for me for those reasons. Too silly at times, his motivations were pretty weak, so hard to consider him a Magneto when he's not sympathetic, but really, the main problem was the writing in Time Force was VERY erratic. It was like there was a full team of writers who weren't working together and had poor oversight. And really, Power Rangers must be an absolute nightmare behind the camera, considering how its made from stock footage.

OMG! I can't believe I forgot my favourite villain of all time D= this must be corrected.

PRLG-Trakeena & Deviot Merge and Villamax Dies

A lil backstory. Daddy was an evil insect, sheltered her, but tried to make her mutate into a full bug. She didn't want to lose her beauty and ran away. She was unprepared for the harsh world, got her ass kicked, and an honorable but still evil knight took her under his wing. the Rangers mortally wounded her father, she came back in time to say goodbye, and his tentacle became her staff. And thus begins the fall of Trakeena to insanity, one of the darkest, most well written villains in Power Rangers history.

I'll admit openly. I was very sadface when she got beaten :(

Violence

Quote from: Sabby on September 25, 2011, 05:18:49 AM
Yeah, Ransik fell short for me for those reasons. Too silly at times, his motivations were pretty weak, so hard to consider him a Magneto when he's not sympathetic, but really, the main problem was the writing in Time Force was VERY erratic. It was like there was a full team of writers who weren't working together and had poor oversight. And really, Power Rangers must be an absolute nightmare behind the camera, considering how its made from stock footage.

I think Time Force was one of my favorites of the Power Rangers (probably tied with Dino Thunder, and right behind Zeo and SPD) franchise.  It was actually probably one of the easier ones for them to make, too, it follows the plot of Mirai Sentai Timeranger pretty closely.  So it was probably just a matter of getting them into similar locations and hoping people ignored the fact that, once again, yellow was a dude.

It will probably bug me forever that Wes' power-up mode was magic based, though.  Everything else in the series had a future-tech theme... and suddenly he's got magic.  It felt out of place.

As for Ransik specifically, I think it's the lack of ability to sympathize with him that actually makes him better for the medium.  You can't tell yourself that his victory won't effect characters you care about.  With Magneto, no matter which side wins the end-result is peace, it's just the cost that he and Xavier disagree about.  With Ransik it was just rhetoric to further his actual goals of power and revenge against a perceived enemy.  There may have been a very real event or prejudice that had caused him to lash out in the first place, but in the end, even he wasn't trying to use it to justify how far he wanted to take his payback.

He felt a lot like Megatron in that respect.  Only he lacked the charisma and strength of will to hold his army together all at once... since the excuse for not letting them all out at the same time was that he couldn't control them.

That's not to say he was... at all... a better villain than Magneto.  My personal opinion is that Magneto's probably the best that Marvel has, and certainly my favorite thing about the X-Men.  Well... my favorite thing about the X-Men, right after Rogue.

>.> Unless Goth Rogue counts as a separate thing.  Then it's Goth Rogue > Rogue > Magneto.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Violence on September 25, 2011, 04:36:52 AM
Everybody blames Peter for that, but when it came to that point Peter wanted to back out of the deal.  It was Mary Jane that said "Okay" and talked him into it.  Even telling Mephisto that he'd never agree unless she pushed him into it.

Also, they didn't have a child.  Well, at least not at the time that the story takes place.  There was a daughter, May, in the 90's but she just sorta vanished from continuity.  To my knowledge no explanation was ever offered as to what happened.

Not that either of those two concessions justifies the story.  But that goes back to the "bad writing" or in that case, "bad editorial mandate".  Especially since Aunt May's come back from the dead more times from Jean Grey, most commonly due to the fact that the editors just forget she was dead after a while.

I think the true villian in this piece is Joe Quesada (sp?)

Violence

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 25, 2011, 02:23:40 PM
I think the true villian in this piece is Joe Quesada (sp?)

He really should be on a list of best Marvel Villains.  After all, he did more harm to the marvel universe than Doctor Doom, Ultron, and Magneto combined... *sigh*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Violence on September 25, 2011, 02:30:03 PM
He really should be on a list of best Marvel Villains.  After all, he did more harm to the marvel universe than Doctor Doom, Ultron, and Magneto combined... *sigh*

My (least) favorite comment of his is how Captain America was 'irrelevant' to modern American values. IE.. an honorable soldier type was an antique.

Violence

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 25, 2011, 02:31:33 PM
My (least) favorite comment of his is how Captain America was 'irrelevant' to modern American values. IE.. an honorable soldier type was an antique.

Yeah, I don't think the ideals of character of Steve Rogers can really ever be "obsolete".  Then again, I'm kinda biased, he's my favorite Superhero. ^.^;

But he embodies the same character spirit as Superman, Optimus Prime, or even The Doctor.  That whole "Freedom is an inherent right to everybody" belief accompanied by the "And I will personally fuck up whoever tries to take that right away from somebody" spirit embodied in a really badass way.

TheStampede

The Laughing Man, from Ghost in the Shell, S.A.C.

Okay, it might depend on your definition of villian, but even when he was just faceless villian, I got the feeling that it was more than a stereotypical villian.
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

AmberTrash

I'm currently on a A Song of Ice and Fire kick, so I'm going to go with Tywin Lannister. The guy's just a friggin jerk.

LunarSage

Sylar (Heroes: 1st Season ONLY)

He was freaking scary as hell... then they ruined him and the rest of the show 2nd season on.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: LunarSage on September 25, 2011, 03:54:23 PM
Sylar (Heroes: 1st Season ONLY)

He was freaking scary as hell... then they ruined him and the rest of the show 2nd season on.

Agreed.. as much as I love Sylar.. he should ahve been dead at the end of the season.

Violence

Actually, I think Heroes would have been more successful in general if each season had focused on a new group of super-people entirely.  With maybe certain characters playing support roles later on.  That way they could have left Sylar mysterious and threatening and predatory even if they'd decided to keep using him after the climax of season 1.

But that's just an opinion... Sylar never being as awesome as he was in season 1 is something I can agree with, though.

Saphir

Yes! I'm glad someone posted Him from PPG <3

I have some villains worth mentioning...

Frollo!

I think he's the only disney villain to get away with singing about wanting to lay the heroine and burning her to the stake is she didn't comply with his desires...

And since I saw other PR villains mentioned:

Also:

But she did teach us the importance of body language. XD

Probably my favorite Final Fantasy villain:

Yes, dude looks like a lady.

We can't forget the Mistress of all evil can we?:

Sain

Yagami Light anyone? Probably most well written anime where protagonist is also acting as the main villain of the story. Will never forget the endless plot-twists <3.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. another 'comic book' villian (courtesy of my DC comic friend).. Dan Didio of DC