News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Ideas and Scenarious you wish happened.

Started by Lustful Bride, November 03, 2014, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Just watching a playthrough of the new Call of Duty game and it is mentioned that in the game there exists a multinational group called Sentinel which is working in the shadows in preparation for something (not gonna give spoilers)

But in my mind the moment they said they were a covert multinational group I instantly thought of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. Which is the same, an Anti Terrorist group supported by many nations and who can operate anywhere on the world without the politics in order to stop terrorist attacks. I nearly squeed in delight thinking it was a crossover. But sadly it did not happen.

Still how great would that be?  ;D a sort of olive branch between game devs working together to expand the universe and such.

So it got me wondering, what about everyone else? Have you all had an idea or a scenario for a game/movie/book that you think might have actually worked better than what the creators went with? Share it and maybe it can inspire someone.  :-)

Vorian

Well I think the actual Mandarin would have made a much better plot for Iron Man 3 in terms of Tony's character development ... he'd force Iron Man to face tech and powers outside his personal experience and ability to reproduce again, and he's always been the one to challenge Tony beyond the armor. Plus he's an enemy that's not just cleaning up his own messes, and less of a slap in the face to Maya Hansen than promoting Killian of all people to main villain. I also kind of like the idea of Extremis being the source of the Mandarin's close combat skills if they felt they needed Extremis to set up for later movies.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Vorian on November 03, 2014, 03:08:21 PM
Well I think the actual Mandarin would have made a much better plot for Iron Man 3 in terms of Tony's character development ... he'd force Iron Man to face tech and powers outside his personal experience and ability to reproduce again, and he's always been the one to challenge Tony beyond the armor. Plus he's an enemy that's not just cleaning up his own messes, and less of a slap in the face to Maya Hansen than promoting Killian of all people to main villain. I also kind of like the idea of Extremis being the source of the Mandarin's close combat skills if they felt they needed Extremis to set up for later movies.

I think I heard somewhere they would include the Mandarin (the real one) so maybe you will get your wish.  ;D

Vorian

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 03, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
I think I heard somewhere they would include the Mandarin (the real one) so maybe you will get your wish.  ;D

There was a tie in comic with the real Mandarin I think, so we might see him if we get an Iron Man 4 - but Iron Man 4 doesn't look likely through at least 2018. Hard to say after that. But I feel both that Iron Man 3 was the ideal time to use the Mandarin, and that Killian was the worst possible choice for a villain even keeping the plot essentially the same.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

Beorning

Here are three scenarios from How I Met Your Mother, show that first stole my heart, then broke it by becoming stupid...  >:(

1. Barney should've stayed with Nora. And even if he was supposed to break up with her, it should've happened in some other way. The way she was dumped from the storyline was way too abrupt...

2. If Barney really, really needed to marry Robin, they should've stayed together! Why did the writers make them divorce..?

3. The whole ending with Ted realizing that his true love was Robin all along (even though he had married The Mother and had children with her) was, frankly, offensive and depressive.

Damn it! It was such a good show. But the final few seasons kind of sucked... Especially the last one.

Lustful Bride

TL DR: Don't judge a comic book my its cover. Even if someone famous like Alan Moore has is name on it. I wish that Necronomicon was more like Delta Green.

Gonna add another one. A comic series dealing with Cthulhu and eldritch horrors and such called Necronomicon.

I wont give too many spoilers except the ending was predictable after a certain event.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
A female character is raped by an inhuman fish monster and then impregnated with Cthulhu.

It was rather boring if I am being honest with the usual "World will end, nothing you can do about it." that always comes with anything involving Lovecraft's works that gets very old after a while. (and I know, I know that's what its supposed to do and be like) The only good thing I can say about it is that the art is good, pacing works okay. The horror of the old ones and their forces is indeed horrifying and the look into the otherworlds that defy human understanding is interesting.

But I guess...my main problem was my own mindset. There exists an Action RPG about the lovecraft mythos called Delta Green, of which I am a fan of and of the opinion that it is the only one to pull off action in lovecract successfully.

Delta Green is like Men In Black except not funny and with like an 85% mortality rate for their agents. But because of the sacrifice of countless agents, soldiers, scientists, professors, Humanity has been safe and comfortable from The Old Ones since around ww2. But by no means think they are good guys or sel sacrificing white knights of Humanity. They will kill civilians without a second thought if they know too much, set up bombs in public buildings to kill just 1 monster and they do it all so normal people can sleep soundly in their beds and the sun keeps moving the way science says it is supposed to.

My mindset was that this comic would  try and be anew version of Delta Green where we do fight off the Old Ones, but at a great cost.

So im gonna say its mostly my fault for this cause I judged it mostly by the cover

And because it looks like a Delta Green image from one of the Guides I instantly set myself up for disappointment.

(This is the image i was thinking of about Delta Green)

Lustful Bride

Theres nothing I hate more than wasted potential. This Game: Universe at War: Earth Assault had some real potential. They could have done so much with it but htanks to a rushed developed ment time from EA (of course its always EA) they had to cut out 1/3rd of the levels of the game, removing all the other missions that let you play as the humans, which really sucked because the intro was the most fun, despite being overpowered by the aliens.  :-(

Plus there were so many questions and things left unanswered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7y-Un6HUK0&list=PL9E6204F464ECC4BE

MasterMischief

What are you talking about?  Every idea I have is better than what the original creators went with.   O8)

Lustful Bride

Quote from: MasterMischief on February 06, 2015, 09:40:56 PM
What are you talking about?  Every idea I have is better than what the original creators went with.   O8)

*Rimshot*

MasterMischief

Beorning

Speaking of scenarios one wishes that had happened, you might want to research some of the dropped plots from the original Chris Clarement run on Uncanny X-Men.

I mean, looking at these issues in retrospect, it's obvious that Gambit was supposed to be an avatar of Mister Sinister created to infiltrate the team... or that Sinister himself was never meant to be Victorian scientist, but a little boy. Unfortunately, Claremont's departure resulted in those plots being axed...

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Beorning on February 07, 2015, 10:01:05 AM
Speaking of scenarios one wishes that had happened, you might want to research some of the dropped plots from the original Chris Clarement run on Uncanny X-Men.

I mean, looking at these issues in retrospect, it's obvious that Gambit was supposed to be an avatar of Mister Sinister created to infiltrate the team... or that Sinister himself was never meant to be Victorian scientist, but a little boy. Unfortunately, Claremont's departure resulted in those plots being axed...

I hate when that happens, its like writers don't talk with eachother.

Beorning

Unfortunately, it's how Marvel and DC comics work... One writer starts a story, quits or gets fired, then another one comes in and finishes the story their own way. It's actually very interesting to analyze long-running comic series and see how plotlines were introduced, then changed or dropped. On the other hand, it's also makes actually reading and investing emotionally into these comics hard - especially these days, when creative teams change so often.

In a way, the X-Men were lucky that they had one writer that wrote their book for over 15 consecutive years. That's why that period of the book is so good...

CaptainNexus616

Since we are on the subject of comics I would like to bring in a series that has irked me for awhile. The Superior Spider-Man by Dan Slott

It takes place in Marvel's main comic universe and it follows Dr. Octupus who was dying from his body dying as a result of a long life of crime. In one final act to save his life he swaps body with Spider-Man and right before Peter Parker dies he uses a mental link that was created between the two to force Ock to live all of his memories with Ock taking Peter's place. Which somehow reforms him just as Peter Parker dies in Ock's body with no one else aware of the mind swap.

Now the series did have some positive notes in it. Ock was far more ambitious than Peter ever was and went to great lengths to improve fighting crime. Such as acquiring his own base and henchmen with funding for robots including an awesome giant spider bot.  He created drones to patrol and monitor the city to alert him to crime and act accordingly. Heck even started his own company up to make more money.

But the plot holes really...and I mean REALLY killed it for me. As I said no one else knew about the mind swap. So the first few adventures in Ock kills a minor villain whom was on his knees at point blank! J.Jonah Jameson whom is mayor now and has hated Spidey for years.....EMBRACES HIM IN PUBLIC. They shake hands and Jameson APPROVES of what he did to the point he built a Spider-Man bat signal for him.

Make matters worse the Avengers were complete morons handling this situation. When Spidey attacked them on impulse for offending him, the ran several tests. Only to prove he wasn't being possessed by anything. Not at any moment did they decide to call in Doctor Strange or another telepath or anything! The excuse why their tests were invalid was because Iron Man was not available basically saying that Iron Man was the only member of the team who wasn't an idiot. They guessed that Spidey changed from Ock dying despite you know how much other WORSE stuff happened. Such as Green Goblin killing Gwen Stacey or impregnating her with two Goblin children. Or all the other crap they know that has happened to him by his ARCH-ENEMIES and not once did he fatally wound them yet he will go ahead and off a random minor villain on his knees for no reason. 

It gets even worse when Mary Jane (The woman who has loved and known him longer than most of his supporting cast) and Aunt May (The woman who freaking raised Peter and nearly MARRIED Doc Ock) DO. NOT. NOTICE.

It was a great idea on paper....but it wasn't executed well.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

wow..on paper it sounds like an amazing idea!  :o

Again, missed potential is always painful >_<

Mathim

Anyone ever play Final Fantasy IX? I have to say, that was probably, at least of the Playstation and beyond generation FF games, the one with the absolute worst story and just about every other feature RPGs typically have. I could ignore the goofy superdeformed appearance of most characters but they royally fucked over the fans with the awful music, the god-awful pacing, the overall structure of the world, and the utterly underwhelming story. Everything about that game was an insult to how the previous two installments set the bar.

Instead of replacing the Triple Triad card game (or maybe go back to the FF7 model and do actual non-card-based minigames) for the incomprehensible and random Tetra Master, simply keeping the original format with new cards, maybe some new rules, prizes, etc., would itself have been a huge improvement.

Otherwise, if they had taken the effort to avoid making certain areas you explore inaccessible afterward (a huge pain in the ass, in my opinion) and spending a majority of the game forced to only use certain party members made the already sleep-inducing plot almost unbearable. That, and the completely unjustified twist near the end was the final insult. FF8 may not have had a very deep story but at least it was consistent and didn't make the separation of the group at times too big of a deal (FF9 went back to the old way of making certain abilities, like stealing, available to only one character).

This is just one other gripe, but the strategy guide was only 1/4 complete because it was supposed to be integrated with an online component which was useless since that was back in the days of dialup supremacy. So completing sidequests appropriately was simply not possible. What's worse is that reviews do seem to still be favorable, which I don't get. C'est la vie. Fortunately FFX didn't disappoint me nearly as badly.

Making it so equipping certain items or skills can give any character the ability to use magic or steal, and making the villains more sinister, less incomprehensible (or simply more like Sephiroth), would have been a better approach. Unfortunately you have to spend a great deal of time on the game before realizing just how bad all these flaws are. No getting your time back, sadly.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

hahaha the pun

Oh it gets worse btw. the writer of Spider-Man Dan Slott has an obvious preference for Superior.

In the current big story they are doing. To sum it up short they have it where the Amazing Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and the Superior Spider-Man (Ock) are working together against a common enemy. In the process...they encounter a universe where Uncle Ben became Spider-Man instead of Peter.

Well following a battle against the Green Goblin he killed both Aunt May and Peter Parker. This made Uncle Ben give up the mantle of Spider-Man for good. Peter tries to convince Ben to retake the mantle saying the same famous lines 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility'  whom still refuses.

Its Superior whom convinces him.....-_-
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 05:54:10 PM
hahaha the pun

Oh it gets worse btw. the writer of Spider-Man Dan Slott has an obvious preference for Superior.

In the current big story they are doing. To sum it up short they have it where the Amazing Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and the Superior Spider-Man (Ock) are working together against a common enemy. In the process...they encounter a universe where Uncle Ben became Spider-Man instead of Peter.

Well following a battle against the Green Goblin he killed both Aunt May and Peter Parker. This made Uncle Ben give up the mantle of Spider-Man for good. Peter tries to convince Ben to retake the mantle saying the same famous lines 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility'  whom still refuses.

Its Superior whom convinces him.....-_-

Wwwoooooowewwww.. That's a low blow.

Lustful Bride

*curious* was I the only one who had more fun with the Special Forces in Operation Raccoon City?

I kind of wished that they had

1) improved the game mechanics abit more.

2)Fully embraced this sort of Alternate timeline thing they were going for and had the US government intervening in Raccoon City rather than just bombing it from afar. I wanted to see Marines fighting Umbrella mercs, see APCS taking on Nemesis and so on and so forth.

CaptainNexus616

The AI in that game was awful. I wanted to murder my teammates and if it wasn't for Friendly Fire I would have multiple times. The fact the characters were one dimensional didn't help either. They didn't give them any personality and the only real difference was their specialty class.  Not only that it really didn't have any story other than erasing Umbrella evidence. It didn't flow like a story should.

Am I only the one who feels the brooding tragic hero is an over done concept at this point? I have seen so many depressed characters who have such tragic pasts that don't really improve at the climax I question what was the point of them doing the adventure to begin with.

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 07, 2015, 08:14:50 PM
*curious* was I the only one who had more fun with the Special Forces in Operation Raccoon City?

I kind of wished that they had

1) improved the game mechanics abit more.

2)Fully embraced this sort of Alternate timeline thing they were going for and had the US government intervening in Raccoon City rather than just bombing it from afar. I wanted to see Marines fighting Umbrella mercs, see APCS taking on Nemesis and so on and so forth.

I pretty much thought every RE from before 4 needed a major control overhaul. Not being able to just directly move in the direction you want, instead having to partly turn and move forward, or turn while running, that was just awful. That totally needed changing. Also I would have put in more melee weapons that actually worked. Something to make it more realistic, y'know? When you're in a desperate, zombie and other critter-filled nightmare, you aren't going to be picky about your choice of weapons.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Mathim on February 07, 2015, 09:00:40 PM
I pretty much thought every RE from before 4 needed a major control overhaul. Not being able to just directly move in the direction you want, instead having to partly turn and move forward, or turn while running, that was just awful. That totally needed changing. Also I would have put in more melee weapons that actually worked. Something to make it more realistic, y'know? When you're in a desperate, zombie and other critter-filled nightmare, you aren't going to be picky about your choice of weapons.

I have a good feeling Casey Jones from TMNT will have a decent chance against zombies than most people with his golf bag filled with melee goodies.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on February 07, 2015, 09:00:40 PM

I personally think that the Resident Evil Revelation controls are the best ones so far. (at least when I played them on 360)

Mathim

Well to be honest I've never played any of them beyond Code Veronica X or Zero, but from what I've seen on youtube, the whole thing seems to run a lot smoother. Too little too late, for me to still be interested in continuing to follow the series.

CaptainNexus616

Should I begin with what I feel Michael Bay movies should have done differently?