News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

RWBY.

Watched one episode and stopped watching it. What the hell is that crap?

Of course my skepticism is not without merit. The graphics are pretty much rendered and what resembles some RPG maker games.

The voice acting is horrible as are the 'emotions.' Is this originally dubbed? If it is, it sucks.

The fighting was even less interesting. I cannot even force myself to watch it. Hurts in so many ways.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Wispyr

The big list is just too big to name.

However I just recently finished Fate / Zero and moved onto Fate / Stay Night. They finally hit the top of the "To Watch" list, and I'm glad they did, enjoying them.
I also took a quick break from them to rewatch Future Diary which I started and finished early this week; I needed to brush up for a RP I'm doing. I'm glad I did, the overall concept is great and the character progression is very well done.

I'm also more recently passively watching through Case Closed; I've seen a number of the episodes, but never in any sort of order and had large holes in my understanding of the continuity, so fixing that.

Sabby

First anime I ever saw was Evangelion. That shit hurt my tender young mind and turned me off of all things anime until Attack on Titan cured my PTSD.

Revelation

As of late i've watched...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Just wrapping up the first half of Stardust Crusaders. Jojo is one of my favorite manga, and it'll be years before they get to my favorite part if they keep the anime going, but so far it's been rather faithful to the manga. I'd recommend the manga over the anime but if you wanna get a 'feel' for the series, watching the first season (Which covers the first two arcs rather well), Jojo is a great place to start.

I also watched Samurai Flamenco a bit ago. That anime is...Amazing. Perfectly amazing. It's so hard to describe this series without spoiling everything about it. It starts out as some guy wanting to be a tokusatsu/kamen rider esque superhero and... You just have to watch up till episode 7/8 to see if this kind of series is for you because there's so much that goes on.

NicciKotor

Knights of Sidonia is interesting in a what the fuck is that!? sort of way.

The anime has a bipedal sentient immortal bear cook with a robot arm, and it is never explained why.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Caeli

I just finished watching episode 6 of Sailor Moon Crystal and I just needed to say this:

Tuxedo Mask / Chiba Mamoru is such a dreamboat!!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Drake Valentine

Welllllllll..

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is over. I am very depressed with that since there is no telling if they will resume the anime or when the manga may pick up.
Baby Steps season 1 is over, sadly. Season 2 is going to be out sometime 2015. ;\
Naruto Shippuden is nearing its end I am sure.
I pick up new anime Tokyo Ghoul(fucking amazing) but it ended at 12 episodes and unsure if they will make another season or what.
SaO is probably nearing its end with its present season.

Basically I am running out of things to watch. I don't have the attention span to follow One Piece, like I stopped around episode 70 and that anime has over 600 episodes. I am sure they found the One Piece 20 times by now with that many episodes.

There are few other animes and lot of animes I saw previews for don't entice me much.

Also, I read something bout the new Fate series was going to be base of Unlimited Blade Works from description on anime hosting sites. Though I could of sworn I read elsewhere it was going to be an ORIGINAL version. So either those sites are liars or the ones leaking the info were. I was hoping more for original than OBW, but that is just me.

Sad day, sad days for Drake all around. ;(

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Zekromnomnom

My roommates have all of Yu-Yu Hakusho (I think I spelled it right, but I'm a bit drunk). I think I might just go and watch that...

Also, finally finished watching Pokemon: The Origin. Wish they could have made that the show instead of having a show about the worst catcher of pokemon in the history of the world.

Revelation

I also just finished watching the first half of Aldnoah.Zero, with the second half coming out in 2015. It's an anime series where humans colonize Mars via a newly discovered portal/gate on the moon, and the Mars migrants (Called Martians from now on), find alien technology there that allows them to be independent from Earth as they separate. War breaks out between the two and ends with the destruction of the gate, cutting contact between both planets for fifteen years, until the daughter of the current leader of Mars visits earth in a message of peace is assassinated. It's a mecha anime with more serious political overtones.

It was a very interesting season, a lot of twists and turns. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you like Gen Urobochi's other works (Fate/Zero, Madoka), ...And maybe i'd even suggest it more if you have no idea who he is!

Xurtan

Friend of mine has been streaming Ideon, so that's about the only thing I've watched lately. :P

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 24, 2014, 12:06:17 PM
I also just finished watching the first half of Aldnoah.Zero, with the second half coming out in 2015. It's an anime series where humans colonize Mars via a newly discovered portal/gate on the moon, and the Mars migrants (Called Martians from now on), find alien technology there that allows them to be independent from Earth as they separate. War breaks out between the two and ends with the destruction of the gate, cutting contact between both planets for fifteen years, until the daughter of the current leader of Mars visits earth in a message of peace is assassinated. It's a mecha anime with more serious political overtones.

It was a very interesting season, a lot of twists and turns. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you like Gen Urobochi's other works (Fate/Zero, Madoka), ...And maybe i'd even suggest it more if you have no idea who he is!

Damn it, is that one coming to a pause too? I think I am on the last episode of it as well. ;(

I think Chaika(sp) Princess is suppose to get a second season but unsure when. Dunno on Black Bullet either, it seemed to end too early with a cliffhanger. Wasn't Nobugana(sp)'s Ambition suppose to get a second season? The one with the highschool dude that goes back to  feudal Japan where the leader of the clan was a woman instead of man. Kind of harem-ish anime since most of the main characters were women. I know they did a different Nobugana series similar, but less harem like..I wasn't too fond of it due to the art-style.

NicciKotor

Tokyo Ghoul is actually very overrated. This incessant need in current animes to rely on bitchy male lead characters ruins everything else in the anime. In this anime it is taken to very dumb levels that spoils everything else. How many times do we need to suffer with his whining? I'm only about 4 episodes in and the only reason why I even got this far is due to it being viewed in anime club. One of the other characters needs to take him to the side and just beat the emo right out of him.

It's the same reason why Infinite Stratos is unwatchable. Dumb dumb male lead character is oblivious to the 4+ girls that all want to rape him, and this goes on for two seasons! Nobody is that dumb and that gutless.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: NicciKotor on September 24, 2014, 11:15:31 PM
Tokyo Ghoul is actually very overrated. This incessant need in current animes to rely on bitchy male lead characters ruins everything else in the anime. In this anime it is taken to very dumb levels that spoils everything else. How many times do we need to suffer with his whining? I'm only about 4 episodes in and the only reason why I even got this far is due to it being viewed in anime club. One of the other characters needs to take him to the side and just beat the emo right out of him.

It's the same reason why Infinite Stratos is unwatchable. Dumb dumb male lead character is oblivious to the 4+ girls that all want to rape him, and this goes on for two seasons! Nobody is that dumb and that gutless.

I am indifferent on that. The MC was a normal human being living a normal life. I wouldn't consider him whining about much, of course any ordinary human wouldn't want to go through a new foreign life style. Those things are not as easily approachable. I find that the anime took a rather 'realistic' approach to that aspect. The MC also changes, but he only becomes more badassery at the very end of the anime... And by very end, I mean very end; which is sad really, because I enjoyed the transformation and I doubt there will be a second season. Maybe, should be considering the cliffhanger of how they ended it, but kind of doubt it. I consider most animes where a character is already a badass overrated since it has little to no character development. There is character development in Tokyo Ghoul, but only seen through latter episodes.

Revelation

Quote from: NicciKotor on September 24, 2014, 11:15:31 PM

Oh man, don't even get me started in IS. The protagonist there is so unlikeably dense I want to throttle him. I really hate the trend of harem shows with protagonists who are so damn obtuse or indecisive about things.

TheFallaciousOne

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on September 24, 2014, 11:39:40 AM
My roommates have all of Yu-Yu Hakusho (I think I spelled it right, but I'm a bit drunk). I think I might just go and watch that...
I have fond memories of YuYu Hakusho. Not so much that I'm inclined to go hunt it down. But as far as such things go I'd consider myself a fan.

As of late I've the only actual anime I've indulged in Gurren Lagann. But in the past I've been known to binge-watch Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, One Piece, Rouroni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Outlaw Star... er, I'm sure there's more, but they don't spring to mind as of right now.

A show that I've been enjoying that's not exactly anime, but animated in what I would consider eastern-style, is Wakfu. My only gripe is that Netflix has not gotten around to subbing/dubbing it fully, as of the last time I'd sat down to watch it. Apart from not understanding a Gad-danged word anyone says on it: I've found it refreshingly childish, with enough innuendo and maturity to keep it from becoming full 'saturday morning' fare. But in all honesty my tastes are rather plebeian, so who am I to critique?

Dotley

Finally got caught up on Free! and finished the second season. I went it into just expecting cutie guys and some life of drama sprinkled with sports shenanigans, but got way more than I ever would have dreamed of. Definitely one of my favorite lighthearted anime and I was pleasantly surprised by the character development. Such a good show  8-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Sasquatch421

Not sure what to watch next... I have the second part of Attack on Titan and picked up the complete Deadman Wonderland series... Which to watch hmmm....

NicciKotor

Attack on Titan. I enjoy watching people watch this for the first time. Their sweet tears powers my immortality.

Cayenne

New seasons starting up soon! Oooh fall seassooonnn.. what will be my favourite!?~
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Dotley

Browsing for a new anime to watch now that Free! is done and Attack on Titan's second season still isn't out yet. I watched the first episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena and K Project; decided I'll go with Utena. I'm really intrigued by it so far.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Yukina

I just binged Zankyou No Terror from start to finish today and it was a wonderful series. :)

WhiteWolfDancer

I'm just barely getting into anime. A friend of mine introduced me to Sword Art Online. I feel in love with it because its a very unique story/world and it a critique of current society. Another friend recommended Attack on titan and I've watched the first episode and I love were it was/is going. I haven't gotten around to watching any more episodes yet. Yet another friend recommended Kino's Journey. I love studying history and alternative history and found The Place Promised in Our Early Days. It basic plot line is that after World War Two there was a split between north and south parts of Japan with the north being occupied by the soviet union.

Kunoichi

Quote from: NicciKotor on September 17, 2014, 10:15:38 PM
Knights of Sidonia is interesting in a what the fuck is that!? sort of way.

The anime has a bipedal sentient immortal bear cook with a robot arm, and it is never explained why.

Spoilers from the manga
She's actually a woman in a bear suit.  It's a life support system for some sort of unusual condition she suffers from, and making it look like a bear was apparently a personal aesthetic choice.

They do not explain this until Volume 12.

I'm really looking forward to season 2, personally.  It's apparently going to start some time around January of next year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca_xRltD_eU

Jag

Quote from: Dotley on September 27, 2014, 10:50:14 AM
I watched the first episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena and K Project; decided I'll go with Utena. I'm really intrigued by it so far.

With the exception of youtubing the rose dance scene from the movie, do not watch the Utena movie. Do not. It is weird. Not good weird. Just weird. Seriously. Like people turning into cars for no reason weird. The anime and the manga are beautiful, but the movie is just...*shakes head*...just watch the dance. The dance is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72e0s4pxDG0

Has anyone else watched Toriko? I thought the anime was good, but they changed it so much from the manga just to end it since the manga is still going (I really love the manga).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

wander

I love anime... Cool to see a thread dedicated to it :)

My real love is manga though... Though I shall mention I am reading Knights of Sidonia and Attack on Titan, but only through licenced release, not scanlations or anything. They are my fave manga and I have seen a few AoT eps, I'm hoping Knights gets released on disc so I can have it on my shelf :)

I happen to also be looking forward to Blood Lad, had a brief flick through the first two volumes at my book store, I know there is an anime of it and it's been licenced for western release on disc... Aside from that I mainly read ecchi stuff, though I am certainly hoping that a little manga called 'Wolfsmund' gets released... Set in early 14th century Switzerland before it's called such and is done by one of the assistants from the mangaka of Berserk, so if you've read or watched that series... Imagine that but set in real history and being far more grim and depressing (though history tells us the Alpine folk do win at the end...)