Interest Check: Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

My sphinx approves of this pouncing business, but it'll take several to take down these ridiculous amounts of hp that people will have.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Kunoichi

On the bright side, since I don't have any plans to engage in PVP, I don't think anyone will need to worry about taking me on. ^^ I can just buff everyone and severely debuff our enemies.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sain on December 07, 2014, 11:06:04 AM
My sphinx approves of this pouncing business, but it'll take several to take down these ridiculous amounts of hp that people will have.

My werelion will have 54 strength while in hybrid form. That's 22 damage from strength alone, +20 again for Paragon. Plus I'll be picking up multiattack and improved natural attack (claws).

Y'know, cause two claws and a bite. So my attack values (not counting any magic items that boost claw attacks), will be +59/59/54/54/49/49 claws +57/52/47 bite. Bite will ONLY be dealing +31 damage, sadly.

I haven't even gotten to buffing via psychic warrior and divine mind. Claws of the vampire mean I'm healing half that back each hit.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Natural weapons don't work like that, I'm afraid.  You get a Claw/Claw/Bite, and then I think you can also grapple for free and get a Rake in there.  That's a maximum of 4 attacks, which isn't quite as absurd as you're thinking. ^^;

ShadowFox89

Ahh. Dancing Mongoose does give me +2 attacks though, so that's a thing.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Sain

Finishing shopping list and seeing how crazy builds people have this seems like a mandatory item to me.

optimized bondage equipment
Quote from: CieyrinMy best effort is to start with a set of adamantine manacles (Dungeonscape 32, 2000 gp, 5 lbs, break DC 52, Escape Artist DC 35, hardness 20, hp 15) with an amazing lock (PHB 126, 150 gp, 1 lb, Open Locks DC 40), get them magically treated (DMG 59, 1500 gp, +20 break DC, x2 Hardness, x2 or +50 hp, whichever's greater), have hardening cast on them at CL 20 (SpC 109, 1250 gp, +10 Hardness) and have arcane lock at CL 20 cast on the lock (PHB 200, 425 gp, can't be picked, +10 break DC).

Final stats: Break DC 82, Escape Artist DC 35, Open Lock DC NO (40 in antimagic area), hardness 50, hp 65, 5325 gp, 6 lbs.

Something else I can do to make these better, as currently the weak point is the Escape Artist check, since they're factory spec.
Original post.

Snake

I'm going to stick with my vampire queen character. forget making others. :3 I'll have a full sheet up soon. but calculating all these skills is going to be a pain. It's the part of char gen I hate the most.

Lockepick

I made the mistake of not reading that this was mostly an evil game -- my bad.

Since I already put a lot of effort into my character, and I can't find an easy transfer I'm happy with, I'm going to withdraw my interest. Thanks for the help I got in general, and best of luck to you all!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Snake

Evil is just easier to play to a degree. You don't have to quit, youcould try to redeem all of us sinners :3

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: lockepick on December 07, 2014, 01:00:46 PM
I made the mistake of not reading that this was mostly an evil game -- my bad.

Since I already put a lot of effort into my character, and I can't find an easy transfer I'm happy with, I'm going to withdraw my interest. Thanks for the help I got in general, and best of luck to you all!

It depends entirely how your char view less heroic monsters. Overall the overgod imprisoned both good and bad legendary monsters because their existence somehow threatened cosmos. But bigger bad showed up and overgod needs counter it with the legendary monsters.

Anyways game is not meant to be evil, example vampire queen so far as I know serves CN deity which embraces undeath a way preserve love forever. I do not force vampires to be chaotic evil only (there can be good vampires), however they do have urge drink blood and it eventually overcomes their senses unless they feed (they do not need kill people to feed if they can resist urge to drink them dry).

Evil ofc is easy way on things and it depends on your char take on it; it could see convert them to good or cause less harm as overall entire cosmos undoing itself is sort of thing which surpass evil and good (ceasing to exist is worst possible end to cosmos than tolerate existence of evil in some harmony).

Lockepick

Well, I realized as a Paladin, part of their code is that I can't even fraternize with evil creatures... so if anybody is evil, paladin doesn't become an option -- Unless the GM tells me my code allows me to put the 'bigger picture' first.

If I go Evil paladin, I lose immunity to fear and some other abilities I was interested in get kind of mucked up.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

I allow bit flexibility with paladin oath so they can 'fraternize' with evil so long doing so causes further evil.

Snake

Gray Guard PrC. loosens the Paladin's restrictions somewhat to let them do it on thebasis they get an atonement afterward.

And that's correct.  My vampire queen (Masako is her name) worships a CN deity that has the basis of eternal love through undeath.

Lockepick

Ah, alright. I can go with this then. I'm almost done with the mechanics, then I just need to actually hammer out the details.

I also need to pick a gender. Am I correct to assume M/M action will be low or nonexistent?

Sain

A lot of people seemed to be making female characters, but you never know with legendary monsters. I'm personally planning on playing a couple thousand year old true neutral pansexual monster sphinx (physically female with very fluid/indifferent identity) with the ability to 24/7 metamorphosis into almost anything.

Snake

Female characters let us use sexier pics :3

ShadowFox89

Well, I'm picking half-doppelganger as one part.... :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

In short, it seems your fellow players are willing to accommodate you, even if the DM isn't. :P

Lockepick

That's not exactly what I understood from those responses! I was mostly asking the GM, having already skimmed everybody's O/O and RP preferences...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: lockepick on December 07, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
That's not exactly what I understood from those responses! I was mostly asking the GM, having already skimmed everybody's O/O and RP preferences...

Well, in short MxM is sexual off in preferences. However I have also thought that I am not complete author if I cannot write a MxM romances/smut scenes, so if your okay that I may feel awkward or bit uncomfortable (as this steps outside my usual comfort zone) I can try write MxM stuff. As I feel I should not neglect different sexual attituded folks in my games so very least should make fun sexual stuff for them also.

indarkestknight

Yeah, natural weapons don't normally get iterative attacks... unless you take the feat rapid strike. Sadly, being humanoids, lycanthropes don't qualify to take rapid strike.

Zaer Darkwail

Interesting enough elans qualify as they are aberrations. So does dragonwrought kobolds (but then again they qualify for many cheesy stuff).

Lockepick

@Zaer: I appreciate that you're willing to go with it, but I don't get any joy out of pushing you into something you can't get into. I'll just play a broad. :) I can get into M/F scenes as long as I'm the one getting plowed.

Sain

Dynja
The riddling sphinx of outer spheres
Final form

Alignment
TN

Classes
Path 1: Psion 12
Path 2: Monk2/Dragon Shaman10
Path 3: Gynosphinx (8HD +4 LA)

Size/type
Large magical beast

Hit dice
12d10+276 [hit die always max] (392)

Initiative
+11 (Dex bonus)

Speed
120 ft, fly 180 ft (poor)

AC
79 [15(dex) +19 (monk/int to AC) -1 (size) + 12 (paragon insight bonus) + 12 (racial natural armor/class features) + 12 (paragon luck bonus)], touch 68, flat footed 63.

Base attack/grapple
+12/+35

Attack
Claw +56 melee 1d6+39 /epic

Full attack
Basically two claws, meow!

Space/Reach
10ft/5ft

Special attacks
Pounce, rake 1d6+2 (Ex) +13 extra to hit with these from paragon right?
Acid breath weapon 5d6 (ref half DC 26)

Spell like abilities
3/day—clairaudience/clairvoyance, detect magic, read magic, see invisibility; 1/day—comprehend languages, locate object, dispel magic, remove curse (DC 18), legend lore. Caster level 29th. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Once per week a gynosphinx can create a symbol of death, a symbol of fear, a symbol of insanity, a symbol of pain, a symbol of persuasion, a symbol of sleep, and a symbol of stunning as the spells (caster level 33th), except that all save DCs are 22 and each symbol remains a maximum of one week once scribed. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, even if it did not have spell-like abilities before, at 15th caster level.

Special qualities
Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Fire and cold resistance 10, Damage reduction 10/epic, Spell resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25, Fast healing 20, Draconic Resolve (Ex) (immunity to paralysis and sleep effects. You also become immune to the frightful presence of dragons), Energy Immunity acid (Ex)

Saves
Fort +29, Ref +29, Will +37 (not counting iron will, since unsure if sphinx gets that now)

Abilities
(32 point pb: 14 to str, dex, con, 16 to int, 8 to wis and cha. [Item bonuses]
Str 40, Dex 32, Con 32, Int 42[48], Wis 32, Cha 32

Feats (and whatever else advance decisions needed be made in levels/classes)

HD (race/template in the end):
1st Feat: Kung Fu Genius
3nd Feat: Psicrystal containment
4th Ability score: +1 int +1 dex
5th Feat: Keen Intellect
7th Feat: Psionic Fist
8th Ability score: +1 int +1 str
9th Feat: Unavoidable strike
11th Feat: Expanded knowledge (Schism)
12th Ability score: +1 int +1 str
Paragon bonus feat: Dunno yet :/
"Sphinx: Combat Casting, Improved Initiative, Iron Will" (Do we get feats from the racial HD or not?)

Mythical: Psion (shaper):
1st bonus feat: Psicrystal affinity (Artiste)
5th bonus feat: Psionic meditation
10th bonus feat: Expanded knowledge (metamorphosis)

Physical: Monk/Dragon Shaman:
1st level monk bonus feat: Improved grapple
2nd level monk bonusfeat: Combat reflexes
1st level DS: totem dragon (Green)
2nd level DS: Skill focus (Bluff)
8th level DS: Skill focus (Hide)

Skills and tricks (only skills with ranks in them here)
+36 Concentration, Swift concentration, +44 Listen, +44 Spot, +44 Sense motive, +36 Bluff, +35 Use psionic device, +36 Disguise, +44 Craft; Trapmaking, +44 Craft; Structural, +44 Knowledge; Arcana, +44 Knowledge; Architecture and engineering, +38 Knowledge; Nature, +38 Knowledge; Religion, +44 Knowledge; Psionics, +44 Knowledge; Planes, +38 Knowledge; History, Collector of stories, +48 Psicraft, +36 Move silently, +35 Hide, +26 Tumble, +30 Swim, +30 Climb, +26 Perform, +26 Balance, Twisted charge, +28 Diplomacy

Psicrystal:
1st Feat: Wild talent
3rd Feat: Mindsight
4th Ability score: +1 Wis +1 Int
5th Feat: Extend power
7th Feat: Empower power
8th Ability score:  +1 Wis +1 Int
9th Feat: Overchannel
11th Feat: Mental Juggernaut
12th Ability score: +1 Wis +1 Int

Total number of powers (216 pp)
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th

10/8/8/8/8/6

1st: Conceal Thoughts, Control Flames, Astral Construct, Detect Psionics, Force Screen, Inertial Armor, Precognition; Defensive, Precognition; Offensive, Synchronicity, Vigor

2nd: Control Sound, Feat Leech, Levitate, Psionic, Missive; Mass, Psionic Lock, Psychoportive Shelter, Share Pain, Sustenance

3rd: Dispel Psionics, Energy Wall, Glyph of Warding; Psionic, Solicit Psicrystal, Telekinetic Force, Telekinetic Thrust, Time Hop, Touchsight

4th: Correspond, Dimension Door; Psionic, Divination; Psionic, Freedom of Movement; Psionic, Intellect Fortress, Psychic Reformation, Trace Teleport, Wall of Ectoplasm

5th: Anticipatory Strike, Change Fate, Major Creation; Psionic, Plane Shift; Psionic, Concealing Amorpha; Greater (3rd level power), Quintessence (4th level power), Hail of Crystals, Crystal Body

6th: Crystallize, Contingency; Psionic, Fabricate; Greater Psionic, Inconstant Location, Psychometry, Temporal Acceleration

Items: 200,000 gp total

-75,000 gp Hathran Mask of True Seeing
-6,000 gp Ring of Anticipation the way), and now it's my favorite one too.
-36,000 gp headband of intellect +6
-8,000 g Talisman of Undying Fortitude
-64,000 Amulet of mighty fist +4
-9,000 gp cash for Sunday shopping

Didn't count buffs on any saves or attacks, since there's too many of those things. Holy damn those skills were annoying to sort. Haven't added possible racial modifiers though, in case gynosphinx had any (but I don't know how to figure them out from a beast character sheet).