Sarah Palin signed Xbox 360...

Started by Sabby, August 10, 2009, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

1.1 million us dollars so far on its Ebay bid o.O

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/08/06/sarah-palin-autographed-xbox-360-ebay-11-million

Quote from: Gamepolitics.comIf you've simply got to have an Xbox 360 signed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, there's one on Ebay right now.

It will set you back a few bucks, though. The bid is currently at US$1.1 million. Oh, and 75 bucks for shipping.

The Anchorage Daily News reports that Canadian David Morrill (left, with the ex-Guv) drove for three days to meet Palin at a picnic in Alaska:

[Morrill] said he pushed to the front of the greeting line and asked Palin to sign the Xbox as proof he met her. It was "one of the greatest thrills of my life..."

He has received one anonymous bid for his Xbox, for which he's asking at least $1.1 million. The bidder ID has just one "feedback" rating on eBay, and there's no guarantee Morrill will get his money.

SleepyWei

...Please tell me this is a joke. What's going to happen next, Sarah Palin becoming the world leading rap artist?

consortium11

Quote from: SleepyWei on August 10, 2009, 12:03:42 AM
...Please tell me this is a joke. What's going to happen next, Sarah Palin becoming the world leading rap artist?

Oh, she's got competition there...

Young Con Anthem

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=48e7ec5dc8a9a416e75a

HairyHeretic

Wonder if the Xbox will stop working halfway through its warranty period? :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Mathim

Of all the things for her to sign...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Revolverman

personal, if she signed my game systems, I would feel that the value would fall, not rise.

Miasma

I was going to bid, but I don't know, the 75 for shipping seems a little much to me.

Tsenta

Ten bucks says it red ring of deaths a week into playtime.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

ShrowdedPoet

*stands up and dusts self off just in time to fall over laughing again*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

The Overlord

I wouldn't want even if I won it, except for whatever $$$ I could Ebay it for.

Oniya

From the originally linked article:

UPDATE: The Ebay listing has been removed for reasons unknown at this time...

UPDATE 2: An auction for a "replica" of the Sarah Palin Xbox 360 has been posted on Ebay with an opening price of $1,100. In the listing, the seller pokes a bit of fun at the former Guv:

This replica has been painstakingly recrafted using:

* Detailed photographs of the original signed Xbox 360
        * Imagery of Palin's signature on the infamous "helicopter-wolf-hunting" bill from 2003

...Furthermore, this item (unlike others) is "Guaranteed Not To Quit For Two Years" ...

Own the only Palin related item truly prepared to serve half a gubernatorial or presidential term!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Actually, I'd think it would just freeze up more then usual. Just like in her interviews!

Elayne

You know, my sister lives in the States and is a card carrying Republican.

She and her mother-in-law were so energized and excited about Sarah Palin that I couldn't help but be intrigued as well.  Having a female vice president seems due.

But then Sarah Palin began talking.

See, my problem is, I don't want a female leader.  I want an INTELLIGENT leader.  After watching the Sarah Palin/Katie Couric interview, I unfortunately had to conclude that Sarah Palin is in fact dumb as a sack of rocks.  What is especially funny, Katie Couric is known and famous for being a soft baller and an easy interview.  Good Lord, if you can't get past Katie Couric, how do you expect to take on Ahmadenijad and bin Laden?

In any case, my sister and her mother-in-law remained passionately pro-Palin until she quit the governorship.  Then they turned on her with such disgust and contempt that I don't think Palin will EVER be able to redeem herself in their eyes (short of personally curing cancer or something.)

It's funny but most of the Republican women seem to be really, really, really angry with Sarah and wouldn't support her in a primary, due to feeling betrayed.

Basically, I think Sarah's 15 minutes is almost up.  She better cash in now, because by 2012, she's going to be a blip on the radar and by 2016, she won't even be that.
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Revolverman

Sarah Palin always struck me as some bizarre Republican construct.

Risa

There's SO much more you can spend 1.1 million dollars on. Spending it on one Xbox 360 is just a waste of money. I mean, come on. Sarah Palin isn't even worth that much.

Sabby

Quote from: GamepoliticsRecently, GamePolitics reported on a million dollar Ebay listing for an Xbox 360 supposedly autographed by former Alasksa Governor Sarah Palin.

Canadian David Morrill told the Anchorage Daily News that he obtained the signature from Palin at a picnic event earlier in the summer. The auction was quickly removed by Ebay, however, with no explanation forthcoming.

Not long after, a second auction which advertised a "replica" of the original Palin 360 appeared. That listing, clearly a parody, also has been removed.

Now, David Sheets, who blogs about games for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, has a theory as to why the original listing was taken down. Sheets believes that Palin's first name is misspelled:

Game Guy thinks he knows why the bid was yanked. If you look closely at the signature, former Gov. Palin’s first name appears to lack the final “h.” Last he heard, she spelled her first name “Sarah,” not “Sara.” Even Alaska’s official website spells it with an “h.”

And hey, you can’t ask for a cool $1.1 million for a signed Xbox if the signee can’t spell her name correctly.

*giggles and holds his tummy*

Revolverman

Sabby

Nope, still legit :) theres a pic in the link of her signing it. She just mispelled her own name.

Revolverman

Quote from: Sabby on August 13, 2009, 08:36:05 PM
Nope, still legit :) theres a pic in the link of her signing it. She just mispelled her own name.

Thats even funnier!

The Overlord

Quote from: Revolverman on August 14, 2009, 02:08:45 AM
Thats even funnier!

I heard if you turn this X-box the right direction you can see Russia.  ::)