You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

When you remember bands played their instruments and sang live and not with backing tapes and computers and sold things known as cassette singles

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Anesa

..if you know what an "8-track" tape is and have actually listened to one...

Davina

I remember mini records of the Flying Purple People Eater and on the other side... The Streak
I love to wear lingerie. The problem is that men always rip it off too quickly. When women are dolled up in lingerie they feel sexy. So let us wear it for five minutes.

I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.

Anesa

...old 45's?  Oh wow... I remember those. 

Davina

OR KEDS, OMG JELLY SANDLES... I miss my purple jelly's... They made your feet sweat
I love to wear lingerie. The problem is that men always rip it off too quickly. When women are dolled up in lingerie they feel sexy. So let us wear it for five minutes.

I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.

Anesa

and Pixie sticks!   A wonderful sweet powder that made your tongue either purple, red, orange, green..... ;))

Davina

auroraChloe

you're familiar with the story teller, Teddy Ruxpin

a/a 8/21/17

Davina

The original Rainbow Bright, my little Pony, and Carebears

Anesa

you had a Miss Beasley doll?   (I sort of looked like her when I was a little girl!  LOL)

Davina

Hell no, I had the damn horse though! And half of the my little pony's... Anyone remember the original barbie corvette?

Alucarddalv

Yes my sisters had one.....If your Tonka trucks where all metal with sharp edges and only had rubber for the tires.....
What is it to a man if he gains the world but loses his soul.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Character Might and Magic 2: Valenar

Davina

AND I drank out of the garden hose.

Alucarddalv

Your first video game was pong.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Davina

You remember when artari was expensive

Anesa

you ever used those old metal ice cube trays?  Had the lever you had to pull up....but that was after you ran water over it several times to loosen it.  ;P

Davina

Mine were always dented, dad would just drop them on the ground.

Captain Maltese

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Anesa

you remember what "feathered hair" (or bangs) looked like...

Captain Maltese

If you remember using a soda bottle cap opener.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Davina

SUPER SPIRAL CURLS... I used to hate that my hair wouldn't do it.

Captain Maltese

Making things from pipe cleaners sticks was something you did as a kid.

Davina

i got robbed there. Dad gave me a hammer and some bent nails with a two by four... I do remember when paste ddin't come with a warning sign

Anesa

....you thought you were hot stuff if you could do 2 or 3 tricks with a yo-yo!   Haha!

(What were they called?   Around the world..... walking the dog....lol)

Alucarddalv

if your legos were just squares and retangles...none of this fancy stuff

Does not sparkle.....