Blood & Magic: (Started But Always Recruiting) Need F

Started by Narianna, February 14, 2012, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syberfang

Narianna

*cracks knuckles* Starting the posting now...

Syberfang

Elf

Narianna

Syberfang

Do I post my character in the character thread or do you do that?

Narianna

Drake Valentine

*Idly bookmarks.*

Few Questions.

1.) What is the expected/wished posting frequency? Daily, every other day, twice or more a week? Ect, ect. (I noticed mentioning of it, but still wondering)
2.) Are vampires/witches only limited to one power and if so is there an extent of said power?
3.) Since it is sandbox, is there any limits on character positioning? Leaders, royalty, Inner Circle, other important figureheads that could be played out and shape plots and whatnot?

*Ponders.*

Other inquiries may come later. Right now must get ready for works.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Narianna

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 23, 2012, 08:03:23 PM
*Idly bookmarks.*

Few Questions.

1.) What is the expected/wished posting frequency? Daily, every other day, twice or more a week? Ect, ect. (I noticed mentioning of it, but still wondering)
2.) Are vampires/witches only limited to one power and if so is there an extent of said power?
3.) Since it is sandbox, is there any limits on character positioning? Leaders, royalty, Inner Circle, other important figureheads that could be played out and shape plots and whatnot?

*Ponders.*

Other inquiries may come later. Right now must get ready for works.

Hello Drake :)

1. Posting frequency currently is about once a day. I'm guessing it will eventually slow down to 2 or 3 a week.

2. Vampires, amongst their many other inherent abilities, are only limited to one power. Witches may either be really good at one power, or mediocre at many powers. There is not a cap put on the extent of said powers. I'm leaving that to the maturity of the group. Needless to say, if someone insists on making a character far more powerful than common sense dictates, there are ways to get rid of that particular character in game. I will give warnings, though.

3. There aren't limits, though I ask that all plot ideas are run by me and E first. I have yet to turn down an idea but I want to make sure that I fit it into the game to keep it running smoothly. We currently have a few player made plots going on at the moment.

If you have anymore questions, or if I didn't fully answer, feel free to ask.

Drake Valentine

Hmm.

On the one power, can its attributes vary?

Like it can do this and this, but also this and this happens. (Pros and cons things involving various stages of said power.)

Sorry, not sure how to really explain it better. xD

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Narianna

Are we talking vampires or witches here?

If vampires, there can be variation but it will be very miniscule. For example, if you can shape shift into a bat, the bat can be various shades and sizes but nothing monstrous or neon green. If you can see 3 seconds into the future, it may be 1 or 2 seconds, but not 4... Vampires are already majorly impressive as they are. The extra power is just a small added bonus.

If witches, there's a wide range they can cover in their specialty.  I'm leaving maturity level on power strength up to player discretion. I've created a Moryth NPC that has Earth manipulation as her specialty. I'm not going to go out and create an earthquake big enough to swallow the town whole... But different variations in her power can be manipulation of trees, grass, roots, plants, soil, ect.

Something I have not mentioned (and I shall add to the rules as well as the OOC) is that all witches will more than likely know very simplistic forms of magic, such as lighting a single candle without a match, ect., even if they have a particular specialty. Also, use of their powers, depending on the severity, weakens them and they must meditate or rest to regain full strength, once all is depleted.

Narianna

Just want to let everyone know that the list of NPCs can become playable characters at anytime. If anyone has an interest in playing one, just let me know. :)

Narianna

Drake Valentine

*Head desk* ....

I had my character typed up for some time now. Just never got around to his history.

Profile should be up probably this weekend, maybe tomorrow(assuming I have time after I reply to few other posts I owe elsewhere.)

Narianna

Narianna

Updated with additional background info and rules.

Narianna

I'd like to get a few more people involved in this.

Elf

Yes, a few more people would definitely be a good thing.

summoner2183

Hope you don't mind another vamp character joining in.

Name: Matthew Ayman
Race: Vampire

Appearance:In his human form, he is a a leanly muscular fellow, with light brown hair and amber colored eyes.

Powers: Eidetic Memory
History: Matthew Ayman was sired by Candelaar Ayman, a scholar of a vampire that found him dying on the side of the road while he was traveling. Matthew was a poor scholar by birth, and he was planning to go to the nearest town to seek tutelage from a scholar , but he was almost killed by trying to fight against a small party of bandits who were hauling with them some girls, presumably to ravish them. Candelaar, seeing that the boy had some potential, turned him and adopted him into his family, making him his third Childer up to date.

Unlike his brothers, who were above average at best, a fact that they themselves acknowledged and did not blame him for it, Matthew was a bit of a prodigy when it comes to learning, as it seems that he is a quick learner, and always manages to remember everything that his Sire had taught him which pleased Candelaar to no end. And while he wasn't in succession to inherit most of the Ayman fortune, he stood to gain most of the ancient works that his Sire had collected over the ages. Now he travels the world, seeking out new sources of knowledge, as well as try to gain new tomes to fill his Sire's library.

Personality: Matthew is a rather friendly person, and is always trying to help others whenever he can. He also has a bit of a short fuse, but it is usually reserved to those who would desecrate knowledge, books and other sources of knowledge and what it stands for.

Advantages: His eidetic memory would serve him well, as it would allow him to remember anything perfectly, which might serve him well in combat, should he get into such situations.
Flaws: He is very easily enraged, especially if someone speaks against his Sire with disrespect or insults the value of books and knowledge in general.

Syberfang

Name: Lord Alan Ardington of Carindel
Race: Witch

Appearance:

Powers: Necromancy

History: Born in 1581, early Elizabethan Era, to Barron Marik Ardington of Carindel. A lost land in Europe. Whilst away at war, Barron Marik fell in love with a peasant girl, Erika Silverwind. Unfortunately the woman was of the Germanic tribes, and such a love was frowned upon. So after the night they spent together Marik left the village and continued his campaign.

Six months later the war was finally over, Barron Mark was proclaimed a war hero, and those born of the Germanic empire were allowed to cross over. After 2 months of searching Marik found Erica again and brought her to his castle to wed her. When she arrived, he saw that she was to sire a child. Marik treated Erika to anything she could ever want. They were happy and in love.

When there child came into existence, so did Erika leave our world. It was said that her body could not survive the process of giving birth to a child of the gift. Marik's only love was gone and all that remained was their half blooded son. Marik named the child Alan which in the Carindailian language meant 'Destroyer of Beauty'. Though Marik blamed his bastard son for the death of Erika, his only love, he was not abusive or scornful to his son. No, he was distracted. His servants by the order of the Barron preserved Erika's body within a glass case, underneath the castle, and Mark searched for a way to bring her back.

By Alan's 12th birthday, his father introduced a man to him. His name was Rorik Bal, a man who was to become his fathers adviser.  Something about this man amazed Alan. He had a power about him that none before have had. The man noticed as well that Alan was special. Marik had found a man who had promised he could bring his wife back to him and they would be reunited once again. This was true, but it wasn't what Marik had in mind.

Rorik and Marik built a laboratory underneath the castle and began to create things that should not be. Sometimes a servant would go missing, and no one would ask why. For years Alan was left to run the court while his father would be missing and turn up weeks later drunk, or dstracted. Marik grew obsessed, and when Alan was 14, he had finally got what he had wanted.

Rorik told the Baron that he had figured it all out. It didn't take him years however, he knew how to do it all along, but he needed time to plot. Rorik was really a leader of one of the Germanic tribes. He intended to kill Marik and rule over Carindale, when Rorik preformed his black spell on Erika, she rose from her imprisonment. But the thing that stood before Marik was not his love but an abomination against nature. A mindless walking corpse. "This is what you wanted!" yelled Rorik "and now you will be reunited." Marik drew his sword to cut down Rorik and the abomination, but to late. Fire jumped from Rorik's fingertips, fast as lightning. Marik Brought down his mighty sword and cleaved it clean through the Roriks right arm and the body of his wife. The disruption of magic caused an explosive reaction and the castle burned, along with everything inside it.

The fire felt like thousands of snake bites as Alan felt the flame dance across his skin, while he lie screaming in his bed, and then their was darkness. When he awoke, he lie bandaged upon a bead, and Rorik sitting over him bringing him into consciousnesses. Rorik told him that his father had died in the fire and that he had saved his life because he had a destiny. When Alan was able to walk again, his entire body was covered in scars, everything but his face. Throughout the years Rorik taught Alan how to use his power in a dark way. Alan grew prideful with that power. He now was able to control whether a life would live or die. Something about watching the life energy fade in a persons eyes, made him feel excited. He courted many women, for he was beautiful, but after every night they would be found dead, by some servant or his Master. He wasn't angry at them, but he knew they were looking at his scars with distaste. They smiled at him as if he didn't know they thought he was ugly. They only wanted his power, and he didn't think someone who was trying to feed off of others should be around. He was doing everyone a favor by getting rid off them. But he let them look beautiful before they died. Showing of every organ so that the word could see their beauty.

Rorik never took Alan back to the kingdom, no, he had different plans. He was going to take Alans body when it was strong enough, so that he would survive the transformation. Rorik would rule without defiance, but Alan could see, he was smart. So when his master was sound asleep Alan stole his Masters grimore and ran. In it was a spell of Immortality.

Alan traveled for many years gaining ever more powerful completing all steps necessary to cast his spell. Unknown to him, through means of alcohol he had sired four children. Two sets of twins. The brothers Armond, Armont, and the sister Angelina, and Kathrine, but this isn't their story.

By the time he was 29 he had completed everything needed to finish his spell. He took control of the Supernatural World as High King for almost 200 years, but then suddenly he disappeared, locked away by his servants to be awakened when the world had changed. He was bored with it all, and wanted to sleep.

Now hundreds of years later his sleeping chamber has finally been disturbed and a power of which he had never felt before fills the air with a sweet scent. The modern world has changed, only vampires of the old would remember the name of Ardington, and the Indoths order had him stricken from the history books. Never again would they allow someone to fall as much as he did. They wished only to keep him a faded memory of the past. Though some had passed his legacy down to their children In bedtime stores.  In the minds of the witches of today he is no more real than the boogie man.

Personality: Happy, and polite. He s never angry and is extremely intelligent. Even after hundreds of years of life he loves talking.

Advantages: Age, Wisdom, Power

Flaws:Pride he is to arrogant to expect any type of threat, along with him not knowing anything about the modern world, such as guns, and so forth. He feeds of the energy of others; preferably other being’s of power. Selfish.

Narianna

Both accepted and posted in the character thread :)

Narianna

gsptGoddess

Quote from: Narianna on April 15, 2012, 08:21:18 PM
We need more females, I've decided.

Bahaha. Did you notice that little part of the post from Elise?

Narianna