New Game Idea #2

Started by Vandren, February 17, 2007, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

If I can get five interested people, I'll get a board set up (though four might work to start)

Imperial Cold War - Seiris Island
Setting: Chylo (city on Seiris)
Premise: The island sits between Kail and Nautl and is claimed by both nations.  Seventy-two years ago it was divided down the middle by treaty.  The same treaty split the city Chylo in half.  Today, tensions are heating up between the nations and various mage sects are stirring the pot in the hope that the Carthenomancers (representatives of justice adn the Nautl Empire) and Wytch-Lords (despotic rulers of Kail) will either wipe each other out or severely weaken each other.

While a short (6’ high) wall divides the city in half, enterprising souls have created other means of passing from side to side.  Officially there are gates in the wall, monitored by soldiers from both nations.  Unofficially, there are paths through the city’s necropolis (catacombs) and a surprisingly large number of people have installed secret doors in walls that straddle the border.  So far, both nations allow such doors, since they make it easier for their own spies to cross the border.

(The world is a medieval tech setting, though it might be possible to talk me into allowing limited muzzle-loading musket-style weaponry and other early to mid-Renaissance level tech.)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

bloodrose

Think I could sort out a character for this one  :)
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Vandren

It occurs to me that some more info might be helpful.

I'd envisioned five races:

Major: Dharo (quasi-Dwarves), Eldren (quasi-Elves), Humans
Minor: Ketath (based on folklore Kobolds, not on TSR ones), Sri'th (felinoid)

Magic works in one of two ways: 1) long rituals that are wholy unsuited for any kind of daily use and 2) tattoos which can be used virtually instantly, the more powerful the spell, the larger the tattoo (amount of tattoos is obviously limited by the character's surface area).  Magi have formed numerous sects with their own goals, traditions, and traditional tattoo representations (a sample collection has been written up to spawn ideas).

I have some write ups on all of these with more detail.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei