What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Bought Halo Reach recently! Gonna crack that sucka open asap!

Hemingway

Man, anyone else feel like the Reach campaign took a nosedive in New Alexandria?

Tonalberry

I'm thinking of getting back into LoTR Online, now that it's free.  I gave the free trial a try some time ago, but never upgrades to the full game.

Petrosity

I was thinking about getting into LoTR, too. :] I downloaded the free trial about a month before it became free. Just kinda forgot about it. I will have to take a second look into it...

As of right now, I'm playing Epic War 4 on armorgames. I love me big cannon dwarf.
O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

LongN4

Switching my time Between shadow hearts: from the new world, and Front Mission 4

"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

Wolfy

Sadly, it may be 3-4 weeks before I can play FFXIV...but damn it, I'm going to play it. >_<

grayfoxz

hoping to try out some demo's with my ps move. but sadly the psn store is down for maintenance :(

MariaRenard20

Started up a new game of Darksiders on Apocalyptic mode. Probably shouldn't have selected to start out with the Abyssal armor, since it takes all the challenge out of Apocalyptic.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on September 21, 2010, 06:13:06 PM
Sadly, it may be 3-4 weeks before I can play FFXIV...but damn it, I'm going to play it. >_<

Sorry.. the last FF was the FINAL one for me. 20+ hours and can't get out of the tutorial.

Wolfy

Weeeeeelllllllll...FFXIV is the new MMO FF, sooo....

Sabby

Far Cry 2. Dear God this game is immersive...

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 22, 2010, 12:53:49 AM
Far Cry 2. Dear God this game is immersive...

Tell me, Sabby...does the mission giver remind you of Zordon from Power Rangers? :P

Sabby

Honestly, no. I was curious about that ever since the ZP review, and after hearing him, no, it's just a masked voice (like all Assassin missions have) that doesn't sound anything like Zordon, aside from the fact both are altered digitally.

I will say this though, this is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, and I don't just mean graphics. everything comes together so well... the weather's effects on the foliage, the way fire spreads, how explosions tend to completely vaporize all nearby leaves yet send the fawns/small trees nearby whipping from the shockwave, how gunfire tears branches (especially impressive when running away in a forest) and my Lord did I mention how awesome the fire is? Because it is... awesome, that is.

Only thing that kind of detracts is the vehicles... they're very bland in comparison, as far as detail and damaging go :/ strange, everything in the game looks obscenely good and interacts/explodes/burns beautifully, but the vehicle combat makes San Andrea's look technically stunning.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 21, 2010, 09:58:24 PM
Weeeeeelllllllll...FFXIV is the new MMO FF, sooo....
Well that's two strikes... darn...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on September 22, 2010, 02:18:18 PM
Well that's two strikes... darn...

Yup.. definitely. I got one time sink and I keep that one going well enough thank you. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 22, 2010, 02:29:14 PM
Yup.. definitely. I got one time sink and I keep that one going well enough thank you. :D
RE 5 eats up a surprising amount of my time.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Frozen Flame

Had a somewhat unexpected increase in spare time, resulting from cuts to my hours at work, which means a decrease in income :(

To distract myself from my quasi-poverty, I've been playing Breath of Fire III, Steambot Chronicles, and the occasional round of Need for Speed Underground...

Kind of looking for a good dungeon crawler, but I keep finding roguelikes... I may be a bit of a philistine, but I just can't get into a game that uses text characters instead of graphics :\

Brandon

Quote from: Frozen Flame on September 22, 2010, 06:57:07 PM
Had a somewhat unexpected increase in spare time, resulting from cuts to my hours at work, which means a decrease in income :(

To distract myself from my quasi-poverty, I've been playing Breath of Fire III, Steambot Chronicles, and the occasional round of Need for Speed Underground...

Kind of looking for a good dungeon crawler, but I keep finding roguelikes... I may be a bit of a philistine, but I just can't get into a game that uses text characters instead of graphics :\

There are some excellent older fantasy RPGs out there, not necessarily dungeon crawlers. Some I recomend would be Neverwinter nights 2 (I hear the first one was good to but I never played it), Baldur's gate, Planescape: Torment, and Icewind dale. Dragon age is also a recent fantasy RPG I would recomend and its probably easier to find too

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Tonalberry

Saw a trailer for Force Unleashed 2, and I want to play it so bad!  So bad it hurts!

Oniya

Quote from: Frozen Flame on September 22, 2010, 06:57:07 PM

I loved the BoF series - I even liked Dragon Quarter, which was sort of a bastard child of BoF.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Hehehe, still on Far Cry 2... I feel guilty, playing this game that's kind of old when I have Dead Rising 2 right here, when none of you have it xD

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 22, 2010, 11:03:44 PM
Hehehe, still on Far Cry 2... I feel guilty, playing this game that's kind of old when I have Dead Rising 2 right here, when none of you have it xD

Psh...it's ok..you've never made anything rise anyway. o3o *pokes Sabby* :P

*huggles Sabby* Just kidding....err....O-o...I mean...

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Oniya on September 22, 2010, 08:52:55 PM
I loved the BoF series - I even liked Dragon Quarter, which was sort of a bastard child of BoF.

Dragon Quarter is the greatest game in the BoF series, this has been proven with science!*

*Please note that the science in question may or may not be actual science, and any attempt to recreate the conditions could result in blindness or death.

Oniya

As a game on it's own, I found it to be a novel concept, what with the inverted 'dungeon', limited play-time/saves, and expanded areas in re-plays.  I think I used my dragon powers twice in my first playthrough, both times required by plot.

As a successor to the other BoF games - about the only connection was the character names (Ryu and Nina) and the Fairy Village.  The 'dragon' aspect was terribly down-played, and you were actively encouraged not to use those abilities.

I would like to see a follow-up to it, either following in the timeline or a new BoF game, but I fear that it broke the franchise by being too different.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 22, 2010, 11:03:44 PM
That's okay because you'll be punished by the gaming gods for your cheating ways. I can live with V.G. karma... -_-