Interest check [Slaves to the underdark]

Started by Alexander, February 12, 2009, 02:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

I have been thinking of a way long and hard, to better associate myself with the many talented faces on E. So taking a step outside of the little box that is my mind, im Trying to put together a group RP that i will be Quote unquote, "running" for any and all interested parties. Of course i myself will be participating, as this is the whole of my purpose. To get better acquainted with everyone :)

The basis of the idea is as follows:

Im thinking in throwing this plot in the theme of Dark elves, or Drow, finding a way to spread a magical darkness over a town that sits on the borders of their under ground kingdom. Essentially killing out the sun and allowing them to move about on the surface in total comfort and under the cover of darkness. The town will be diverse, consisting of Humans, Elves, and just about any other race that would be associated with this particular theme. The Drow army would spread out from their caves, first preying on this town as part of their Expanding surface campaign. That of course would have nothing to do with the RP in itself, other than provide story of current sinister plots.

Under the occupation of said dark elven army, Of course several things would happen to the poor city dwellers. They would be taken as prisoners in their own city, confined to their houses, or to prisons that belong to the little dark citadel constructed in the city itself after being occupied. In these times, soldiers were far from honorable, stealing, taking slaves from amongst the villagers, doing whatever they pleased, whenever they pleased unhindered or unopposed.

The player Drow would consist of a maximum of 6 people. 3 generals, and their 3 subordinates. Drow are notorious for recruiting women into high placings in their armies due to their uncanny ruthlessness, and their ability to manipulate, and the men are no less devious, just in their own ways. Players of Any gender are welcome with open arms. Maybe a paddle or two if this works out... <.<

The townsfolk can consist of anything. Human, elf, orc, (since they too are capable of civility. not like savage mountain orcs or something like that. The list goes on. Demons also exist in times of war when strife and hatred fill the lands, they feed on it, so those character types are more than welcome.. a good deal of flavor is what im looking for as far as character diversity.

Im looking for at least 5-8 players before starting, and due to the nature more can be thrown in as it goes on.

A few things of note:

-there WILL be bondage, NC, and Exotic-extreme at the players disgression. (please state a boundary or two when/if you apply so we do not make you uncomfortable.)

- All types of characters are generally allowed. If you want a general that is a futa, by all means, go for it. A mage that conjures magical tentacles to interrogate unwilling women or men in some cases, *thumbs up*

-A link to your ons and offs should be provided, and keep communication open in an OOC thread that would be created upon this games launch, so that no one feels left out/or boundary's are crossed

Of course all general courtesy rules would apply. If your unabl to post for a time, be kind and let us know (Sometimes this is impossible, and in such an event no one would hold it against you) be kind to your writing partners (unless of course your in character and giving them a nice spank on the rear for being a bad maid that deserves to be punished... <.< ) Im sure as this is an adult community this isnt an issue. ;D

now, Please feel free to leave Questions/comments or express general interest here.

~Alex

undisclosedtoyou

Okay I'm officially interested in this game.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Elven Sex Goddess

Is interested also, though will this be free form or a system? 

Alexander

Judging from the play style, im thinking freeform would be easier on everyone. Im leaning toward freeform unless i can think up a relatively easy system to use.

for now, for the sake of argument its freeform.

Aeval

I would be interested in freeform, Alexander.

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Alexander

That makes 3. *waits patiently for other takers*

Mystic Dragon

WOOO! This sounds like lots of fun!

Interest with either a human sex mage or a succubus
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Nessy

I believe I would be interested in playing a drow of some kind.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Alexander

Good good. we seem to be getting a fair amount of interest here now. Almost enough to start it up. If i may, i would like all currently interested parties to post some character information here that they would use. a simple template would be sufficient.

Name:
Race:
Items carried: (if any)
Description of character: (could be a picture or words, all up to you)
Link to O&O thread: (for other players to review)

If i can get enough profiles up then i will see about getting a few threads made :)

Mystic Dragon

Name: Damien

Race: Human

Items carried: I actually statted him and played him in DnD 3.5 for one game(DM banned him for life :p). Link:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=92961
Items may be adjusted according to higher or lower starting values.

Description of character: Damien is tall and pale, dark skinned and dark eyed. He wears simple black robes and his raven perches on his shoulder. He carries himself confidently, and often preaches the virtues of chaos(in between seducing every good looking woman in the area). He's also a 1st Class Battlemage and mercenary. He likes the better things in life and isn't afraid to work for them or simply take them.

Link to O&O thread: That's kind of complicated- when I RP, I go with my character's on's and off's, and in Damien's case, as long as you aren't talking vore/gore/other snuffish things, he finds it at least moderately interesting.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Mycroft

I'd certainly be interested if there's a drow general position still open.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

Alexander

Quote from: Mycroft on February 12, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
I'd certainly be interested if there's a drow general position still open.

why yes, yes there is. As of  right now, no drow generals have been made

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Belsheba

Race:  Ar-Tel'Quessir (Sun Elf)

Items carried: Water skin, sack, dry rations.  sunrods 4,

Description of character:  Belsheba a curvy petite 5', 96 lb beauty.  Long blond hair that cascades down her back.   Bright golden eyes that seem to hold the warmth of Helios within.    Her skin a soft light bronze hue, that radiates sensuality.  Is a sky clad dancer (bard).   Traveling the lands, usually with a troupe of other entertainers.  Going from town to town, giving  performances.

Link to O&O thread:  Click link in signature for on & offs

undisclosedtoyou

Name: Anastrianna Liadon or Ana for short.

Race: Forest Elf

Items carried:
(1) Bow
(24) arrows 
(1) Sword
(3) knives
(1) Armor chemise of very thin intricate Elvin silver metal, on it is an etching of a forest, intricate and almost flowing, hidden in the armor are words in her own language.  The words comprising of a lovely ballad, poem or spell it is unclear.  She wears this over a sturdy chemise of forest green, dark brown leather trousers, and black, light weight leather boots.
(1) water pouch
(1) sack filled with berries and nuts

Description of character: Rather short and thin, standing at 4 feet 11 inches, weighing 95 pounds.  She is both graceful yet frail, pale-skinned with long, thick dark-Black hair, with deep green eyes, and pointed ears. She has no facial or body hair. And prefers simple, comfortable clothes. especially in pastel blues and greens. Possess unearthly grace and fine features. Many humans and members of other races find her hauntingly beautiful. She is about 117 years old, which means that she's only a few years over being considered an adult.  When she is angry her eyes will deepen into a dark and foreboding black, but this almost never happens.

type of character: Independent type with a strong belief in the value of goodness. Has little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do her own thing, without heed to such groups.  She is most often likely to be amused than excited, and curious than greedy.  She's slow to make friends and enemies and even slower to forget them. She never sleeps but rather meditates(is in a trance) where she exercises her brain in what can best be described as dreaming.  She does this for four hours a day, which gives her the same rest as eight hours of sleep would do for a human.  She knows a good amount of magic, but it's basically confined to small, not very powerful spells (stunning, allowing it to rain very little for a very small amount of time, and glamour), and she has the inept ability to control some aspects of nature(excellerated growth of plants, and some ability to converse with animals.)  She is very skilled with the sword and bow, and is known to use the art of throwing knives when needed.  Her magical abilities are sub par to other elves and as such she does not have much confidence that she could do more powerful spells(doesn't really try to do any of them)  She is talented in singing and dance. She is also very nimble fingered and is greatly talented in the art of thievery. She does have a big disadvantage, she loves beauty, in all forms so she can easily be tricked/deceived by a good looking face and body.  She is a traveler by heart, but had settled down in what had seemed like a quite and untroubled town at the time.

Link to O&O thread: My Ons/Offs

(hmmm tell me if there is anything you want me to change about my character, anything that you see that isn't right.)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Mycroft

Name: Mezzo Myrk'ndar

Race: Drow

Items carried:

Vernoss - The treacherous bow, an assassin's weapon whose mystical string is so keenly sharp no mortal may draw it. Those who it is fired upon rarely survive. Those who fire it... rarely have all of their fingers.

A set of eight iron knives. Short and broad with a t-grip, they are weapons clearly designed for stabbing.

A pouch of various mushrooms for the purposes of keeping himself sedated.

Heavy iron barbed boots, ideal for exploring cavern descents.

Description of character:

Mezzo's breathing was labored always, as if a great beast was crouched atop his chest. Lithe muscle glistened beneath his ebony skin. His was the body of a soldier. Drowish red eyes with a gaze that could be best described as... disinterested peered from beneath his ragged locks. Stained a dull shade of crimson that could have only come from blood, his spikes had the meticulously tended perfection of a truly vain man.

His armor is unusual, in that it doesn't seem so much a garment that was forged for him, as it was fashioned around him. Mithril chainmail seems almost haphazardly wrapped around his right arm, cinched at the forearm and shoulder blade by crudely forged bands. Bolts are driven into the mail at frantic intervals, affixing the mail to his arm permanently, while a series of padlocks fastened his gauntlet firmly onto the chainmail sleeve.

Random strips and plates of iron have been hammered onto his chest, in much the same fashion one would board up a house prior to an oncoming storm. Wards of an eldritch nature were scrawled crudely across the metal, though they seem to be backwards. Most wards would be used to keep the infernal at bay, where as these seemed only to restrain something within. Angry pink scar tissue was also visible across the muscular expanse of his chest. Of what could be seen of the wickedly straight wounds stretching across his flesh, they looked less like battle scars and more... surgical.

Heavy guard armor weighed down his shoulders, a thick mesh grating hastily attached to cover his lower face like a surgeon's mask. Scars across his lips could be seen through the fine mesh, as if something rather large once tried to claw its way out of his mouth.

Indeed, there are those who say Mezzo Myrk'ndar has the devil inside him. In his travels into the uncharted areas of the underdark, where few dared to venture, they say he found something cold and hungry and old. Over the years he has mastered it, in so far as anyone can master a parasite. The strength it granted him was tremendous and it was all for the careful observance of a single rule.

Its appetites must be fed.

He has risen through the ranks, his resourcefulness and outright viciousness marking him as one of the most feared warriors of this generation. Few draw attention to the weary devotion of his lovers, a sad breed of loyalty that bordered on addiction. Fewer still speak of their tendency to vanish or pass on shortly after.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

Alexander

So far, all 4 of these look good.

looking for about 2 more before i look into getting this set up and a goin. ;D

Muse

Name:  Jadaclear Ladencurse

Race:   Drow Half Kyton

Items carried: Numerous chains of smooth, slender underdark adamant.  A sushi case.  A tapered staff of petrified mushroom. 

Description of character: Tall and buff for a drow male, he stands five feet, nine inches, with a top knot of white hair wrapped in a black chain.  He favors somewhat humble pants with full range of motion, drow boots, and several chains wrapped around his otherwise bare ebony waist like a wide belt, with a drow cloak thrown back when it's not time for stealth.  He can come across as a confusing humble man fishing in a cave river--surely as a hoby, no drow is so poor as to make a living as a staff fisherman!--or bring his chains to life so that they writhe and enwrap around him into lethal living armor. 

Link to O&O thread: (I will endeavor to update mine in the next 48 hours.  I am uncomfortable male/male and site limits, partiuclarly turned on by good writing, multiple female partners, and things that my writing partner enjoys.  Non Con is enjoyable, especialy from the emotional focus.) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Myrleena

Possibly interested (need to check with SO, and she might want to join)  If so, what do you think of a half-succubus female drow mage?  *grins evily* I've wanted to play one in 3.5 D&D, but freeform would be much more fun!

undisclosedtoyou

*nervous giggle*

everyone's so knowledgeable about DnD, I hope no one minds that I'm not so familiar with it.  I'll most likely be researching as we go.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Myrleena

Meh, don't worry about it for the most part.  Probably the best source of information would be to look at races on the Forgotten Realms Wiki.  The drow are the most important race to understand.  The thing is, I'm most familiar with D&D roleplaying, I'm not as used to other things.

undisclosedtoyou

I'll keep that in mind.  And if you ever do want to join in an non-DnD game just ask me and I'll helps you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

bluejay

Name: Jade
Race: human
Items carried: two daggers and a small pack of..whatever she just took
Description of character: Eighteen years old, 5'5 and 118lbs short curly dark brown hair, almost black. Light brown skin and green eyes. Very lithe and a quick learner. Suspicious of everyone, it takes a lot to earn her trust.

Jade has known of only one way to survive, and that is to take what she needed before someone else did. She is veteran thief that has been stealing her way through life since she was 6. Her father was jailed for his debts and eventually died there and and to avoid being sold off into slavery by her own mother she ran away. 
Link to O&O thread: *points down*

Myrleena

Name: Nimirah Silquenes
Race: Drow Half-Succubus
Items Carried: Working on that.
Description: Beautiful, tall, (5'8") and aloof, Nimirah is a credit to her mothers.  She has long flame-red hair, sapphire eyes, and a smile to die for.  Which you will if you aren't careful.  She's a powerful cleric and sorcerer, combining the magics to manipulate her followers and slaves.  Cruel and kind in turn, she's a dangerous contradiction.  Love her, hate her, she will do as she pleases.  Oh, and she's usually in black leather.

Offs and Ons: Working on list... *points at sig* on anything else, I'm fairly open, but those are the biggies.

Nessy

Name: Sinryna'lay   
Race: Drow
Items Carried: Daggers, tied by polished steel harness on her upper-right arm and left heel. Three rings on each finger, sapphire, obsidan and plain steel. Wears a belt with a few pouches, usually containing blinding dusts, sleeping powder and a coins. Her belt is wrapped with a magic infused, thin silver chain that is used for both decoration and use.

Description: Tall and exotic with hair that is neither long nor short, fashioned for a wild look (think sort of 80ish rock hair) white with a few black highlights. Her eyes are a light topaz that dark to an almost brown color when she is angry. She is physically strong, has minor magical skills (mostly used to infuse objects with magical traits as opposed to open spellcasting) and has that psychic ability to make suggestions in others mind (think less mind control or more like instilling a want, a desire to do something). Her psychic ability is too subtle for combat and more useful in interrogation and other quieter scenarios. She has little patience for young, upcoming drows (she herself is middle age). She delights in both male and female slaves. Her interests are often focused on the strength of her House (Arkenar) and the Drow as a people. She is not particularly ambitious as she already has a place in her House, and has enough contacts in addition to her own strength to maintain that power.

Ons and Offs
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Jack Shade

Name: Daidora (but the name differs depending on the face)
Race: Doppelganger
Items carried:

Myranyr- A sword of talent befitting its master, a blade of an ever-changing form, morphing at the will of the user.  Capable of becoming a whip, dagger, or any other easily envisioned weapon…the adaptable capabilities of this completely silver hued weapon are nearly endless.  A true master of the blade can even split it to create similar weapons or even mundane tools.  The blade comes with a price however.  It perpetuates its existence off the wielder’s life force.  To wield such a blade, one must make a pact with the Master of Masks…the name the sword gives to its silent personality.  In exchange for five years of life, the properties of the blade will be free to the user…add three more and the added bonus of its concealable form will be added…the blade residing just beneath the skin to flow out like silver water at a moment’s command.

Cloak of Garments- A cloak that will respond to the wearer’s wish and take the form of the clothes suggested.  While this extends to armor, the cloak will take on only the appearance of armor…neither the strength nor power.

Ring of the Change- A ring sought after by any of the shape-changing variety…it hones their abilities and allows for stranger combinations to arise from their flesh.  Be it wings, a tail, or other strange appendages the ring allows the change to occur.  Be wary to those who use such a ring…extended and continuous use without time for a body to rest will weaken the bones and flesh.

Description of character: Daidora was always a tall one of his race.  Standing at nearly 7’6 in his true form, he towered over others of his kind once reaching his full height.  Belonging to a rare cabal of doppelgangers known as the Mirror, Daidora was instructed in the ways of his kind and their secret life within the shadow of the world.  Theirs was the ability to take on a million faces…live a million different lives before vanishing like smoke in the dark of night.  Not like most of their race, the Mirror built itself on the foundations of assimilation, taking the best of society into its own and morphing to their own nomadic ideals.  Of course no such organization goes unknown for long.  Thirty years ago, a group of mages and heroes razed the Mirror and slew or scattered its inhabitants.  Daidora was one of the twelve to escape the massacre and has wandered ever since, eyes looking for the rest of his brothers while continuing on the path of the Mirror and understanding the minds and hearts of those he mimicked.  Eating only when he needed to, Daidora has carved out a five year existence in a small town as a man of 19 who acts the part of a rogue and lives off the kindness of the villagers.  A village thief and charming street rat so to say.
Link to O&O thread: Have not yet completed it