Towns of Salem ~ OOC Thread

Started by persephone325, January 29, 2016, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Since I have no experience in a Mafia game involving Godfathers and Mafioso, I am curious:  does the Godfather become the night killer if the Mafioso is eliminated?  It doesn't say in the first post that it does, only that the Framer (a moot point right now) takes over. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

The Framer is a non-killing role. Nothing changes for the mafia if the Framer gets taken out first. Both GF and Mafioso are killing roles. The Framer just helps them out by making innocent people look like they're bad guys.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madame Professor

Wait.... What? How did that happen?! -is so confused-
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

persephone325

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 14, 2016, 11:35:18 PM
Wait.... What? How did that happen?! -is so confused-

You and me both! I came home to SO MANY MESSAGES and posts! I was like "Oh god... Gotta work my bum off and figure out who's changing their votes!" lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

King Serperior

Sounds like the flood of messages and posts hit harder than Bucky punched Stark!  O.O

I had trouble keeping up with the ebbs and flows of the voting process and I checked in very often today!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Valerian

My poor spreadsheet can't take this!!   ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Madame Professor

-reads the thread-

You killed me... Because I'm intelligent?  ???

NightOwl35

Quote from: Valerian on March 14, 2016, 11:48:39 PM
My poor spreadsheet can't take this!!   ::)

Mine is doing quite well :D

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on March 14, 2016, 11:46:46 PM
Sounds like the flood of messages and posts hit harder than Bucky punched Stark!  O.O

I had trouble keeping up with the ebbs and flows of the voting process and I checked in very often today!

Oh my god! Just for that analogy, I hope you survive to the end of the game. lmao I love you, man. XD
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 14, 2016, 11:49:12 PM
-reads the thread-

I hate it when that happens, which it does in my game group. "Guy knows how mafia works, we better kill him first." And they wonder why I normally run instead.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

RedPhoenix

-reads the thread-

Explains why I'm still alive I guess.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Mintprincess

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 14, 2016, 11:52:11 PM
You're still alive cuz I ain't touchin' you with a ten foot poll. At least in the in character thread.

-grins-

King Serperior

-reads the thread-

The power of the mind is the most deadly tool a Mafia member has.  I weighed the options and, of the remainder, I could only assume that you were the most deadly.  Turns out I was correct.

Quote from: persephone325 on March 14, 2016, 11:50:44 PM
Oh my god! Just for that analogy, I hope you survive to the end of the game. lmao I love you, man. XD
Haha!  It is true, no?  :p
Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 14, 2016, 11:52:11 PM
Were I a Child of Atom, you would the an unexploded Nuclear Device in the middle of town.  I adore your power of wordsmanship, but I would be a fool to tamper with your madness, which rivals Sheogorath himself.   XD

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Galactic Druid

How many Bethesda references can one man put in a single sentence?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

This is completely crazy. And it was only the first day... O_O
I don't know.

King Serperior

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 15, 2016, 12:01:12 AM
How many Bethesda references can one man put in a single sentence?
Enough to make fast travel impossible without a horse or the Long Haul perk (or is it Strong Back?).  *nodnod*

Quote from: persephone325 on March 15, 2016, 12:02:02 AM
This is completely crazy. And it was only the first day... O_O
Imagine every day being like this!   :o

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on March 15, 2016, 12:07:51 AM
Imagine every day being like this!   :o

I did play a ToS game like this. My head exploded by the end. Cause we had a transporter, disguiser, and someone else causing all sorts of chaos. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!?!"
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Now I'm curious what all those roles do too.

King Serperior

Quote from: persephone325 on March 15, 2016, 12:10:47 AM
I did play a ToS game like this. My head exploded by the end. Cause we had a transporter, disguiser, and someone else causing all sorts of chaos. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!?!"
Quote from: Mintprincess on March 15, 2016, 12:11:45 AM
Now I'm curious what all those roles do too.
I must agree.  What sort of game would have such roles?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

persephone325

It was a game mode called "Chaos". Boy was the title fitting.

The transporter can switch two targets during the night. So, if they find out who the mafia is killing... Then they can switch the target with a member of the mafia. Boom. Dead mafia.

The disguiser... Now I've never been that role. But they disguise themselves as a dying target. It's easier to do in the flash game because it actually switches the display names of the dead person and the disguiser.
I don't know.

Remiel

I would just like to remind everybody that alliances, such as they are, are all well and good, but at the end of the day, you're either on Team Town or Team Mafia (or Team Neutral). 

Only a complete and utter fool trusts somebody just because they claim to be trustworthy...

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on March 15, 2016, 01:25:46 AM
I would just like to remind everybody that alliances, such as they are, are all well and good, but at the end of the day, you're either on Team Town or Team Mafia (or Team Neutral). 

Only a complete and utter fool trusts somebody just because they claim to be trustworthy...

Sooooooo don't trust you when you say that you are the doctor.  Got it! Thanks for the heads up ;)

persephone325

All those with night actions have until tomorrow night, 11:59pm EST, to change/submit them if they so wish.

Also, I'm keeping a log of all those with night actions as a "will" for them. (Mainly the good guys, though.) If you'd like me to write what I have in your death post, just let me know at any point. Otherwise, I won't be posting them.
I don't know.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on March 16, 2016, 12:28:03 AM
It appears that Cicero has fallen.

OH MY GOD!! You're the best, and I love you. XD Fuck Cicero. He was a douchebag, though. lmao
I don't know.