Closed

Started by That Girl Analise, March 30, 2011, 12:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That Girl Analise

The thread setup is till in-progress, but to give you an idea (plus to see the updated confirmed-players list) here it is!

I'm going to be setting up a Shakespearean-themed mafia-style game in Valerian's Vault. Don't know what that is? Go check out the previous games played there.

In this game, various characters from Shakespeare's plays have been mysteriously cast out of their plays and into the real world, all memories of where they have come from have been lost. As characters are killed or lynched, their role is revealed, and they are sent back to their plays.

For those that have never played before- roles are chosen randomly, be it a minor or major character. However, if there is a character you'd like to see in game, let me know, I'll do my best to work them in.

Depending on how many people join in, I may have one or two more roles to add. Have someone you think may better suit a role? Suggest. I've got a couple I'm not totally set on, so you may convince me.

Seer- Ariel Much like you did for Prospero, once per night, you turn invisible and spy on one of the characters, learning that person’s role in all of this.
Guardian- Benvolio You work hard to prevent the violence and help those in need, but pick wisely who you help -you only can shield one person during the night.
Alchemist- Claudius You poison your brother for the throne, and now you have one chance to do it again -once during the the game in the night phase, you may pick one person to poison in their sleep. 
Hunter- Banquo If killed during the day, you pick someone to haunt (much like you did Macbeth), driving them slowly insane and causing them to kill themselves during the next night phase. Note that being killed during the night phase does not activate this ability
Cupid-  Friar Lawrence You are a peaceful person, and in hopes of bringing everyone together, you marry two of the other characters, revealing their roles to each other, but not to yourself.
Invincible- Macbeth No man of woman born can kill you, and no villains can, either. Note, this does not negate a lynching, only being taken out by the three villains.
Martyr- Gertrude Being a caring mother, you took the poison meant to kill your son, Hamlet. In a similar fashion, you can protect one person from being lynched by killing yourself before the act is carried out. This ability must be used before the final vote tally is posted.
Villians- Iago, Brutus, Aaron the Moor In the night you murder one of the other players, sending them back to their plays.
Star-Crossed Lovers- Decided by Cupid. They know of each other’s roles, and must trust the others completely. If one of the lovers dies, the other follows their lover to death -they shall never part. For the lovers to win, they must remain the last two standing.

We're looking for somewhere between 16-20+ players.

The players:
-Valerian
-Imogen
-Rhedyn
-Remiel
-Foamweber
-Alysanthia
-Saku
-Marguerite
-Kaisude
-Altair1983
- Kendra
-WingedServant
-ClockworkShadow
- p y r otechnicROYAL
-johnny5
-Xandria
-
-
-
-

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

Rhedyn

That Girl Analise

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

FoamWeber

That Girl Analise

Alysanthia

That Girl Analise

desert ashes

Of course toss me in. ;)  How can I resist Shakespeare? 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

That Girl Analise

That Girl Analise

about 98% of the planning is done. I think i have two characters left to pick for different roles, and then after that just pick the "minor" characters (aka the townsfolk) after that... we just wait for people. Whoo!

Alysanthia

That Girl Analise

Does anyone have any specific characters that they want to see appear? I'm sure some people have favorite characters that they would like to at least see coming up in our little game.

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

That Girl Analise

Imogen

Oh dear, i have too many favorites. I'm a bit rusty on the names, but here's a couple: Richard III, Puck, Jago, Rosalind and that lady from twelfth night, also Tybalt.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

Haha, most of those were already assigned or on my "possibles" list :D

FoamWeber

It would be awesome to have Iago in there ^^ He's always been my favourite character.

Alysanthia

Perhaps Hamlet, Ophelia, Desdemona, Othello, Macbeth, and Lady Macbeth just to name a few more. :)

That Girl Analise

A couple of those named have been assigned, actually. Alysanthia- all those you named were on a list or assigned :D