Looking for Games (Exalted "Or" Other setting)

Started by Terian, March 25, 2009, 03:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terian

Alright, now that I'm nice and squared away, I figure it would be within my best interests to get started on the whole 'Gameplay' thing. I'm hoping somebody will find interest in one of these and be willing to run with it.

Now, the big problem is that I'm pretty bad when it comes to the GMing business--not mechanically, I'm good with that aspect of things.  But aside from having a vague idea of what I want to do, I have bad pacing and plotting skills.  I'd be willing to trade off those two aspects of play (I'll run the mechanical aspects if my RP partner is willing to primarily run the storyline) though.

Exalted
Exalted, as written, has been designed more or less from the ground up to be a game of high action, adventure, and epic deeds...  As it's most often portrayed from the small handful of experiences I've had--the action is sparse, epic deeds get you killed, and it's impossible to change the status quo.

While outright concept is up to anyone who might be willing to take up the mantle, I would be very keen on either a 'Vanilla Exalted' style game, or an over the top 'And I'll Form The Head!' type of game.  I'm frankly quite tired of the 'Walk Creation' genre, and want to actually get a chance to stretch some creative muscle.

ALTERNATELY

I'll be willing to hear out a High Fantasy or Soft Sci Fi game...  To be honest, these two genres are so wide reaching that just about anything could catch my attention--I'm hoping that somebody'll be willing to toss a pitch my way to be totally honest  O:)

Caliban

Quote from: Terian on March 25, 2009, 03:41:26 PMI'll be willing to hear out a High Fantasy or Soft Sci Fi game...  To be honest, these two genres are so wide reaching that just about anything could catch my attention--I'm hoping that somebody'll be willing to toss a pitch my way to be totally honest  O:)
*points at his Players-Wanted post in the group RP forum*
I take it that Exalted is your favorite game, correct?  I have a D&D setting which is rather similar in style to Creation.
Would you be interested in playing a non-Exalted character from Creation in a D&D or other fantasy game?
"All jocks think about is sports.  All nerds think about is sex." Somewhere at the edge of the bell curve is the girl for me.
"Take off your clothes.  And roll for initiative." I burn for you: I Cor. 7:9
System RP: Shadows of Terramar (d20 fantasy) * Pulp Scripture (WoD contemporary supernatural) * Perfidious Albion (GURPS steampunk)
Do the rocks in my head fit the holes in yours? --> Oohs and Ahhs
Meae Culpae (A&A)