Blood and Iron ≈ Modern Paranormal Fae Theme ≈ Open Recruitment

Started by RampantDesires, April 20, 2016, 01:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RampantDesires

<November 6th Edit> So I'm actually looking to get this rolling again in the not too distant future, but I'm looking for some people who can help me make some ground work posts/characters before I redo open recruitment.  If you're interested totally send me a PM :D

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

~ William Butler Yeats, The Stolen Child

Genre - Modern Paranormal w/ Fae focus
Inspirations - Dresden Files, Merry Gentry, Lost Girl, mythology, faerie tales, a dash of Call of Cthulhu
GM - This girl.  Co-Gm? I'd like one, depending on how many characters we end up gathering and what plot points people want to focus on. If you're interested please send me a PM.
Category - Likely Extreme. Why? I don't really want to because I feel like almost ALL games get lumped into this section and it moves stupidly fast but ... Potential for blood, torture, less/more than human sex (extra appendages, scales, teeth what have you), non-con/mind control, and just generally keeping our options open.
Game Play - Central story driven sandbox.  Participate in wide game events or do your own thing, whatever strikes your fancy.

*General Disclaimer* This game plays fast and loose with world history.  In this alternate reality ALL religions (including capital g God) are constructs and byproducts of a Fae presence and influence on society.  This isn't done to offend anyone or to start any kind of debate, but just to provide a unified framework for the game to operate within.

All The Gritty Game Details
Game:
Moraline's List of Things to Cover from GM's Corner

• Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not. -  Non System, in either Extreme or NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups depending on player preference. Yeah, after making the first character profile it pretty much has to be Extreme.
  • Who is the RP open to? (Gender, Sexuality, etc..?) - Anyone and everyone really.  The Fae have rather liberal views on gender and sexual identity.  Genderless, gender fluid, changeling characters are all very welcome.  All characters are required to have a predominately humanoid form.
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot. - After centuries of warring with each other and partial isolation from the human world the Faerie courts are forced to put their differences aside and unite in order to successfully launch themselves into the murky waters of world politics and stave off possible extinction.  Players will take on the roles of long ago gods, their augmented descendants, and even 'ordinary' humans and will focus on the trials and tribulations of these two very different worlds coming together. 
  • Setting.  - Modern Paranormal.  The story will be taking place in Faerie (a magic heavy demi-plane that connects to mortal earth through gates), Isle Royale the small island in Lake Superior purchased from the US in the early 1900's which currently houses the only permanent gate to Faerie, and other locations in the wider world as needed by story.  Until I get a better idea of how many characters there might be in the story it's hard to say how many threads we'll spread this across.  At least two or three with a special thread for large group events.
  • Plot Outline.  - Let me explain ... no there is too much. Let me sum up.  Over the centuries Fae have retreated from the world, and have in fact spent the last 100 years in complete isolation.  In order to make a place for themselves in the modern world and save themselves as a species they're relaxing age old rules regarding their dealings with humans, more specifically those with fae blood. Leaving behind old prejudices and grudges is easier said than done however and the path to integrating these new people into Faerie is not a smooth one by any means.  Game focus will include, but is not limited to: finding human descendants and bringing them back to Isle Royale for training and testing (will include both protocol and combat). Introducing Fae items and culture to the world in general.  Courting public favor and political power to wield against an enemy that they'd not recognized having until very recently (a Human faction, which is not available for character play just yet, has been working against the Fae for years, but it was only after a catastrophic attack against Faerie itself that they became truly known).  Healing the wounds of said attack (something that human/fae touched are uniquely suited to). Building a society that blends the best of both worlds.
  • Character creation info/guidelines if any. - See annotated character sheet.  Players will be allowed two characters at the start of the game.  One based in Faerie and one based in the mortal world.  These limits might (probably will) increase as the game goes on; there will be a GM post announcing when this might happen.
  • Required Resources - None, just a general acceptance and understanding of the material provided in the world building section.   
  • Game Pacing - Variable.  There will be multiple threads with time tables that move somewhat independently (time in Faerie works differently than the mortal world).  People who want a faster game pace will be encouraged to participate in multiple scenes, but to be careful to avoid paradox both with their characters and in the location they're writing in (ie no blowing things up if people have already posted being there at a later time).  Time will be opened up in week long blocks and we'll be starting in the fall, think end of September-ish so that Halloween events can coincide with RL and are in theory more fun.

In game Characters participating in central story plots will be considered 'inactive' and their posting order skipped after one week of non-communication (if you post in the ooc about needing a bit more time we'll likely give it to you or work something out).  That being said we won't be having an official posting order, reasonable and prudent my fine people.
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any? - While sex is not the main focus of the game (politics, adapting to a new culture, and character interrelations are) there will be places where it can feature in on the main story.  Group/ritualistic sex, casual nudity, and non consent situations are all likely (though no one should feel that they HAVE to participate in all or any of them).  Sometimes I feel like sex in group games is either the main focus and everything revolves around it or it is shoved back into a dark corner where you can do it if you feel like you have to but it will have no real impact on the characters or the story.  I'd like to think that there is a happier middle ground.  Sex can be a very powerful and primal connection, almost a form of magic in and of itself and the energy it raises can be used to do a few things in the story from unlocking latent Fae abilities to helping recharge the woefully depleted energy stores of Faerie.  Ungh, Rampant are you making this a 'magic vagina chronicles' aka pretty much every Laurell K Hamilton book written after 2002? Gawd no.  Again, no one HAS to go the sex route, there will be other options for achieving the same goals.  If you list Enchanted Genitalia of Power on your character sheet I WILL laugh and then beat you in the not nice way. 
  • Whether tagging will be used or not. - So much yes.  I cannot fathom a group game working without a tagging system.  Content warnings will be especially important.  Tagging code will be provided at the top of each thread, but players are welcome to add things to it if they so choose (clothing/theme music/assorted funnies whatever)
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• Will there be a Co-GM? - Maybe, hopefully, but there isn't one yet.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)? - Guided sandbox is totally a thing right?  I have several world events that will be happening (both in the mortal realm and in Faerie) that players are welcome and encouraged to participate in, but none of them are required. Players are always welcome to 'do their own thing' away from the central story and its branches.  I see one of my main 'duties' as GM to be matchmaker between players to keep the story and game enthusiasm moving along. So I'll generally be trying to steer away from massive GM posts that tell the story (though there will still be some of those :P) and more sending PMs to interested players along the way inviting them to reveal and guide bits of plot and action in the game.
  • What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?- I very much want to encourage player input into the setting.  Areas will be tagged appropriately as Public (open to anyone) and Private (used by player invitation only). The world at large is open to posting and with magical travel and gates a thing exploring multiple places isn't really a problem.
    • How NPC's will be handled? - NPCs are also encouraged and will be divided into three groups.  GM controlled NPCs (characters that only GMs are allowed to post actions/reactions for). Player controlled NPCs (created by a single player they have exclusive control over their actions). And Open NPCs (characters that are available for anyone to use in their posts as long as they stick with the general theme and tone of the concept).
    • How active will the GM be? - Moderately.  Putting up GM/main story posts will be given priority over all other projects.  Scene summaries/thread changes will likely be updated every other week at minimum. My life's generally recovered from a massive case of the ick and I'm here on E every day.  My brain is super in love with this world/story (has been for like the last year and I finally gave in and made a world-building section for it  like two months ago) and I enjoy nothing more than talking about it so please don't be shy with questions.  With the way the story is designed to roll out small periods of GM inactivity shouldn't really be a problem (especially if there is a Co-GM to step in and smooth the edges).
    • Will there be an OOC thread? - Absolutely.  I'm all for chatting be it about game stuff or just general life. Again depending on how many players we get and how quickly the ooc moves I might end up breaking it into two, one for chatting the other for focused game talk, but we'll see!
    • How to contact/approach GM with questions? Whatever your most comfortable with.  My PM box is always open and I'm generally available on IM as well. If asking a game related question in the OOC please bold/highlight/somehow give emphasis to your question so that it is easier to find and respond to.
    • How will decisions be resolved? - I like to think I'm not a heavy handed GM and I try to push disagreements and game changes to a discussion.  That being said there comes a time when a final rule has to be made and I'll make it clear what the ultimate decision is as well as how that might effect past and future game play.   
    • Will PvP be allowed - Not formally, but players are welcome to add and explore rivalries and conflict with their characters.  Above all we're adults here, talk to each other, work out ideas and scenes. If that involves bloodshed, good for you, have fun with it.  Don't be a prick and try to push everything to a harsh combat scenario with everyone you come across though.  There is absolutely no killing/injuring another character without their player's expressed permission.
    Additional:

• While I support the Oath of the Drake I see no formal need for it.  A generic Bill and Ted 'Be Excellent To One Another' works just as well I think.   Don't be a pud, respect the others involved in the group, and have fun.
    • The On's and Off's section of the character sheet has been expanded somewhat to help players find matches for the particular kinks they are interested in for this game.  That being said communication is still your best friend.  Ask if they're still interested, accept it gracefully if they say no. 
    • Player Participation Expectations. Post when you can, though ideally at least once a week to keep things moving along.  There's no game post tracking or requirements.  If life gets hectic try to drop a note in the OOC about not being around for awhile and we'll do our best to shuffle scenes around so that your character can return as seamlessly as possible when you're ready to write again.  Faerie is a nice little plot device for explaining why people go missing for short or even long periods of time I'm sure we can work something out.   
    • New characters are always welcome and should be easy to bring into the game (there will be a section For New Players explaining options once the game is underway to help everyone get up to speed and involved quickly).     
    • Third person past tense writing please.  Variable length but at least a few paragraphs to give everyone something to work with when responding to your posts.   

So I've wanted to write in a setting like this for what feels like forever, but is more likely the last three and a half years or so.  Similar groups have come up but either timing wasn't right or it didn't have the kind of all inclusive Fae-centric focus I was hoping for.  I started the world building project more to shut my brain up about it than anything else; hoping that once I got it out on paper so to speak I'd be able to focus on other projects.

Nope.

It is all I want to talk about some days much to the dismay of the others in my house.  I need to write in it.  NEED.  And while I could continue to poke at and expand the world building section the world is quite solid in my head (not to mention the notebooks scattered on my desk) and it is time to see if I can convince some of you fine people to play in it with me.

Please feel free to look the setting information over.  While it isn't finished entirely it is rather extensive the glossary of terms and AU History are especially important for understanding where the story is going to go.  If you have any questions or comments here, PM, or the world building thread itself are fine.

I'm more trying to gauge general interest at this point, but if you would like to toss out an archetype, former god, or play-by claim okay by me as well.  If at least a few people voice interest I'm happy to transition into more in depth character discussion.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Current Game Status A little behind schedule.  IC posting started :D

Current Cast of Characters

Character       Player       Race       Concept       Face Claim       Requests       

Seraphina

RampantDesires

Sidhe

Phoenix

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Major Relationship Tie
Friendships/Rivalries

Greg Davis

RampantDesires

Fae Touched

Naga

Jake Able

First Fae contact
Other Fae Touched friends/rivals

Micah

RampantDesires

Sidhe

Aztech Death God

Martin Sensmeier

Enemies
Maybe a trusted Lieutenant type
Open to owning a servant or two

Ilyanna Mathieu

Amarlo

Fae Touched

The Enlightened One

Aarika Wolf

Eydis Niequist

Wispyr

Sidhe

Valkyrie

Mini Anden

Azazel

Kyrsa

Sidhe

Dragon

Mariano Di Vaio

Mate
Servants
Enemy

Ava Kirkwood

Kyrsa

Human

Survivor

Sasheena Filthhawk

Fae to heal her cancer

Aisling Payne

Cerevan

Fae Touched

Cassandra/Oracle

Lauren Calaway

Fae Touched Friends
Oracle mentor

Ashlynn Fenwick

VioletPanda

Fae Touched

The Crazy One

Saadet Aksoy

Fae Recruitment
Help with Ability

Nikodemus

Orange Marmalade

Augmented Human

Cursed Bodyguard

Joshua Saari

History Connections
Friends/Enemies/Frenemies

Amargosa

Elysian Radiance

Half Blood

Whelpling

Karen Gillan

Friends old and new
Enemies

Danjiro Kuriyama

Kuroneko

Half Blood

Nekomata

Jang Dong Gun

Friends
Enemies
Breithiúnas combatant
Romantic Interest

Raven Corbeau

Kuroneko

Fae Touched

Maman Brigitte

Zoe Kravitz

Fae Recruitment
Friends
Romance
Breithiúnas

Currently on Hiatus

Shiloh

Intimate Ink

Sidhe

Ba'al-Hadad

Charlélie Colas

New World Education
Other Fae
Bio-terrorism

Official Claims :D

Player     Role     Face
Cerevan     Papa Legba / Kalfu     None
The Dark Raven     Morgan le Fey     Natalie Dormer
Cuchulainn      Aengus Og/Freyr  reincarnated     Cole Monahan
Dotley     Jack Frost     None
Swashbuckler     Bacchus     Michiel Huisman
Adonis     Patecatl     None

Current Restrictions

I'm going to go ahead and put a freeze on any more oracle related characters from the Earth side of things as well as former Unseelie Fae and people who can open general portals between worlds.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Name: Please include previous names/titles as well as nicknames
Archetype/Inspiration: a brief summary of what your character is based on. God, myth, witch, psychic, military, ect.
Race: Generally one of the following - Human, Fae Touched, Half Blood, Sidhe
Gender: Fae tend to be quite accepting of non-binary identifications
Age: 18-5000ish.  Feel free to Ballpark it. No characters over 5000 or under 18, no exceptions sorry.
Relationship Status: Single? Mated? Commitment Phobe? Looking for Love? Divorced?  You get the idea...

Hair: Color, length, style, ect.
Eyes: Many Fae have unusual eye coloring/features, some that are always visible, others that manifest only under certain circumstances (using magic/hungry/in moonlight whatever).
Build: Physical things height/weight.  Muscular, slender.  You don't HAVE to have a face claim, but it helps.  Please stick to more 'realistic' art and try to avoid anime-esque images.  If you need help finding a physical representation I, and many of E's lovely people, are happy to help with suggestions and photoshop modifications to existing pieces.  Everyone needs at least one image for their character. If you DO have a playby please list the model name in this section.
Other distinctions: Scars, tattoos, typical mode of dress, signature scents, ect.

Powers/Skills: Here comes the 'we're all adults' reminder again.   This isn't a system game and characters are supposed to be extraordinary, some have been around for thousands of years were once worshiped as gods and figures of great power throughout history, but it is all about balance.  Avoid using phrasing like 'the best' and try to have a unifying theme for their powerset. Please try to keep your power list to 5 or fewer sections (2-3 major and 2-3 minor, having fewer is totally fine, but no more than five). More on Character Powers.  This helps cut down on the overlap between player powers and gives everyone their 'moments to shine'; it also makes it easier to fit characters together in scenes (because you have a focused power set you need the assistance of others to work at optimal levels instead of just being able to knock out most tasks on your own).
Weaknesses:  Being 'nice' isn't a weakness, it's surface flavoring that is easy to push past and discredit.  Being 'easily taken advantage of' on the other hand means not only does your character have a hard time saying no to others but people know it and routinely exploit this weakness to get what they want generally disadvantaging your character in some way.  All Sidhe and Half-blood characters will have some version of the standard Fae weaknesses.  I'm not going to set a number of weaknesses required, but just remember that weaknesses often shape how you interact with other characters and make it interesting to write with you, more so than any powers your character may have.

History: Please take the world history into account when making your character.  I'm happy to field any questions or suggestions you might have.  This needs to be at least two paragraphs.

Political Views/Affiliations: For characters living in Faerie this would be former court affiliation (yes you have to pick either Seelie or Unseelie, there were no Undeclared or Neutral factions). Please also include their general feelings about humans.   Earth based characters what are your views on Fae and their inclusion into the political world/mainstream. Include affiliations with notable groups.

Personality/Motivations: What drives your character and makes them who they are?

Sexual Preference: I'd like for this to be more than just a 'asexual' 'hetero' pansexual'  ect designation.  Please also include a brief description of your character.  Examples could include - Virginal, reserved, promiscuous, known to fuck anything that moves.   Open to past and/or current lovers with other PCs?  Prefers committed relationships/romance/one night stands/hate sex whatever you might have some kind of reputation for.
<Insert Link to Your O/O Page Here>
More than just a list of your personal on's and offs as a writer I'd like to get into your tailored preferences for this character.  Things that you definitely do or don't want to include in this game, things that might be highlighted or exceptions to your normal writing do's and don'ts. Some random examples listed below.
Yes Please: Virgins, the thrill of unexplored territory and potentially corrupting the pure to her hedonistic lifestyle.  Being Marked, though he might verbally claim otherwise Guy gets a thrill from visible bites and scratches from his lovers.   Non-consent, would like to write a NC scene potentially with multiple partners especially if one is a shapeshifter.
Hard Stop: Abuse, Although character is a human pet anything related to mutilation and vore are hard nos.

RP Thoughts/Plans/Requests: 
I've noticed that 'open to all scenes and character ties' doesn't really get the job done very often.  Please try to offer at least a few specific examples. "I'd like for her to have a handmaiden type slave, human or potentially augmented."  "Like the thought of having active PC children/grandchildren (or it'd be cool if someone played my dad/sister/general thing I find cool, Specific God)." "Especially open to former duel rivalries"  "Someone to be arch nemesis type who maimed her in Fae War" "Need tutor/patron for developing water based magical powers..." "Needs a combat based bodyguard."  "Planning on starting in hiding in human world, would like someone for a best friend/confidant role."    Players will be able to post their own sheets in the approved character's thread so that they can keep this updated if they'd like.

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]http://www.unl.edu/physics/nophoto-man_0.png[/img]
[img height=100 padding=2]http://www.unl.edu/physics/nophoto-man_0.png[/img][img height=100 padding=2]http://www.unl.edu/physics/nophoto-man_0.png[/img][img height=100 padding=2]http://www.unl.edu/physics/nophoto-man_0.png[/img][img height=100 padding=2]http://www.unl.edu/physics/nophoto-man_0.png[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Archetype/Inspiration:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Relationship Status:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b]   
[b]Other distinctions:[/b]

[b]Powers/Skills:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] 

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Political Views/Affiliations:[/b]

[b]Personality/Motivations:[/b]

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b]
<Insert Link to Your O/O Page Here>
[b]Yes Please:[/b]
[b]Hard Stop:[/b]

[b]RP Thoughts/Plans/Requests:[/b] 

Sain

Only half way through the setting, but I'm loving this. I've been craving for a good folklore/fae RP for years now. I don't usually play anything with modern or sandbox in them, but the setting just makes me really want to see if I could make it work now. I just need to make a character with many ties to ensure fun plots.

That being said I would totally want to play some sort of relatively old sidhe or half blood that was in the past closely tied to some group that was intimately knowledgeable of the Dorcha and other similar things that would be considered knowledge of great import. For whatever reason the character would have started to grow aloof over the past few centuries and begun to undergo this 'fading' process. His friends (preferably some other PCs) could be trying to motivate him and pull him back to the affairs and politics of the world. Perhaps he once was a passionate influencer in politics, but now you would be hard pressed to find him venturing further than to the fence. This working would kind of rely on others being interested in playing more proactive characters who know him to pull him into things, which I know can be bit of an issue (lonesome characters don't tend to fare that well in sandbox :-() I'm imagining this sort of tall mysterious magician, possibly Scandinavian flavored. A tall hooded figure with elongated limbs and a hideous face hidden beneath an animal skull. For the human disguise I would need help finding a picture.

I would probably want to make another character so that others don't have to interact with the first one all the time. Someone younger and more active, maybe a human, but I'll finish reading the lore before I can know for sure. For now I'll say that the setting looks vvvery interesting.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

persephone325

I'm interested. Though I've been feeling sick for the past few days, so I can't confirm 100% that I'm in. Maybe within the next few days, I'll be back to normal. But I'll be keeping an eye on this.

(I also got your PM, Rampant. Sorry I didn't reply. That was when I started feeling terrible. *hugs*)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RampantDesires

Awesome :-)

I like your darker elder idea Sain.  Not all the Fae are pretty sociable things. What kind of human guise do you see him wearing? aged and rugged or perhaps a more perfect form to provide striking contrast to his true face?  As far as loner types not faring well in a sandbox game, no real worries there.  I LOVE pushing players together for things and I'm sure we could find plenty of places for interaction.  How would you feel about him having a rather specific oracle type ability related to the Dorcha? They're going to play a fairly major role in the story and I love the thought of having a PC already in place to provide much needed foreshadowing.  So there'd be ... council meetings where he's perhaps an unwilling guest speaker and SOMEONE has to teach the new recruits (entering Fae Touched) about the darkness that ends all.  Once the story gets rolling there will be actual hunts to participate in and the older lore from the history will become more important.  At the very least he and Micah can be friends or at least ally types.  Having the former King of the Unseelie in your corner is never a bad thing :-)

Long story short I'm sure we can work something out and I'm excited that you enjoyed the setting info.

Also huzzah Raven! We might ACTUALLY get to write in a group together.  What insanity is this? I'm ridiculously excited :D

No worries Sephie, I totally understand being hit by the ick train *hugs*  Recruitment for this will always be open, adding new characters into the mix will be ridiculously easy so take your time, feel better!

vatovie

I'm interested. I have no character idea off the top of my head but I love the premise and generally like any group you run Rampant. So I'll come with a character by tonight.  :)

RampantDesires

Yay vatovie! Humm, I should get the character sheet brought over then shouldn't I ?  There seems to be enough initial interest to make a go of this *cue celebratory music and prerequisite dance of happiness*

I thought about trying to bring over the key terms and history sections, but really that seems like a bit of needless copy pasting.  When making a character I'm afraid you'll just have to refer back to the World Building Thread for those things (unless it's SUPER annoying in which case I can spoiler them all here in this thread as well). 

As per the always I'm easy when it comes to questions and sheets.  Post them here, send a PM, whatever you're comfortable with.  We'll get it all sorted out. 

<<Edit:  It also occurs to me that I need to reiterate the whole "no rush" thing as well.  I tend to get overly excited about things and there is a flurry of changes and reorganizing and what not, but that doesn't mean hurry up and commit or start cranking on a sheet or all is lost.  Realistically we wouldn't be looking to start until ... this weekend at the VERY earliest and even then it'll be more history development and character establishment than main story. Once we DO have a few more concrete character concepts I'll get an OOC up and running for chatty cathy-ing it up and what not, but yeah.. For now I'm just super thrilled that y'all are interested :D>>

The Dark Raven

Also since new group:  i'm 7 on 7 off, and I get sketchy on my 7 on.  My 7 on starts tomorrow and goes through Wednesday.  I am determined to catch some things up, though so I may not get a sheet done this go through.  I am thinking though. :)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Amarlo

Half way through reading your creation and I'm very interested so far :) -hands in her tentative interest slip-

And hello Sain, long time no see! :P

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Sain

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 20, 2016, 08:20:27 PM
Awesome :-)

I like your darker elder idea Sain.  Not all the Fae are pretty sociable things. What kind of human guise do you see him wearing? aged and rugged or perhaps a more perfect form to provide striking contrast to his true face?  As far as loner types not faring well in a sandbox game, no real worries there.  I LOVE pushing players together for things and I'm sure we could find plenty of places for interaction.  How would you feel about him having a rather specific oracle type ability related to the Dorcha? They're going to play a fairly major role in the story and I love the thought of having a PC already in place to provide much needed foreshadowing.  So there'd be ... council meetings where he's perhaps an unwilling guest speaker and SOMEONE has to teach the new recruits (entering Fae Touched) about the darkness that ends all.  Once the story gets rolling there will be actual hunts to participate in and the older lore from the history will become more important.  At the very least he and Micah can be friends or at least ally types.  Having the former King of the Unseelie in your corner is never a bad thing :-)

Long story short I'm sure we can work something out and I'm excited that you enjoyed the setting info.

Okay if it works I'll probably go ahead and start building the idea a bit more. Should have time to finish reading the lore when I get home later. An older man would fit the character very well I think. I'll try browse the F&S a bit

Hello Amarlo :-)

RampantDesires

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 20, 2016, 10:07:02 PM
Also since new group:  i'm 7 on 7 off, and I get sketchy on my 7 on.  My 7 on starts tomorrow and goes through Wednesday.  I am determined to catch some things up, though so I may not get a sheet done this go through.  I am thinking though. :)

No worries lady :-) After seven straight days of work my main accomplishment would probably be 'not killing anyone' and even then I might just get a tries hard rating.  If you'd like to claim an archetype first (the Aurthruian era is ripe with fun 'myths' that could be easily fleshed into a character ;) ) please feel free.  It isn't a big deal though, there's but a few of us and there are so many options out there that I don't see claims becoming an issue.

Good luck with work!

Quote from: Amarlo on April 21, 2016, 12:43:08 AM
Half way through reading your creation and I'm very interested so far :) -hands in her tentative interest slip-

And hello Sain, long time no see! :P

*stamps interest slip and files it away*  Thanks for looking over the info.  I might have gone over the top a bit, especially with the History, but trying to sum up 5k years of history and fit it in a real world timeline lends itself to getting carried away.  We'd love to have ya.

Quote from: Sain on April 21, 2016, 01:19:45 AM
Okay if it works I'll probably go ahead and start building the idea a bit more. Should have time to finish reading the lore when I get home later. An older man would fit the character very well I think. I'll try browse the F&S a bit

Hello Amarlo :-)

Yay.  I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.  Off the top of my head some human type face claims that might work would be:

Christopher Lee

Damn he was made of awesome.

Vincent Cassel

He's actually pretty ridiculously hot at times

Christopher Eccleston

Because he was the damn Doctor :-)
Plus the Dark Elf from Thor2
could be an interesting midway form?

John Malkovich

Who doesn't want to be John Malkovich?

I could go on but I think I'll hold off and see if I'm even going in the right direction with these :P

Onward, to PMs!

Sain

Read through your lore. So there is only one gate between Faerie and Earth, no secret pathways or magic to allow passage beside it?

I had somehow missed any aged pictures of Christopher Eccleston. He fits perfectly. Just right amount of apathy, weariness and cynicism with an adorable hint of concern on that face. He will do nicely for the face claim. I might edit eye color if the 'true form' image I'll find has any special eyes. I'm still having rough ideas of what I want from the character, but since Micah is such a cruel ruler even to his friends it could be that MC had a particularly special apprentice/child/partner that despite vastly differing world view kept company to MC and was pretty much his pride and joy. Then came the great split and things got hairy. I imagine many friendships were tested and broken. The details are still up in the air but I would like that Micah ended up killing MC's partner or alternatively caused them to change so that what MC and his partner had was no longer possible or recoverable. Despite MC ending up with the unseelie with whom he would have associated most of his life, there could be bit of a grudge between him and Micah after that and a lieu of other problems with MC's motivation which led to his current descent into general lethargy and rumored beginning steps of fading. It would indeed be fun if he was some kind of oracle or held some valuable information or magical techniques that Micah and some others would want to get passed on before he actually faded. Maybe some other PC could enter here as the exact look-alike of MC's past partner or just as someone who somehow gets past his apathy (details of how this happens I'll leave vague for now). Micah or some others could be manipulating this other PC to milk information out of MC and try to carefully manipulate him through him/her/them.

Amarlo

>.< Oh man, so many choices! So much brain goop to sift through! This one might actually take me a few days to decide on a character! O_O

In the meantime, I'm totally plot and pm friendly, so if anyone is looking for something specific or would like to brainstorm with me they can feel free to message me ^^

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

vatovie

Yeah I have a few ideas too. Running at least one past Rampant right now. 

Wispyr

Cerevan

Fuck. Yep. You've got me. :o Sold.

Edit : Now that I've reviewed all the information, I've got two characters concepts brewing.

Once worshiped as the war goddess Sekhmet, Zahira el-Amin is a Seelie of the old world who has never cared overmuch for the politics of fae. What time she has tends to be split evenly between hunting the Dorcha Síoraí, something she's quite good at, and toying with humans. Whenever she gets bored, she has a tendency to find a noble, preferably attractive warrior and give them all kinds of "gifts". This usually doesn't end well for the human. (Joan of Arc? Mostly her fault.)

Dropped on the doorstep of a Catholic orphanage, Aisling Kavanagh grew up knowing something was not right about her. Too quiet, too scared, too fey. Plagued by nightmares of death. The Mother Superior called her "the devil in the flesh" and there's probably some truth to that. All she's ever wanted was someone who wasn't frightened of her, someone who could take away the nightmares, someone who would give her a home.

Would be strongly interested in her ending up as a Maoine.

RampantDesires

Blerg, so we suck at trying to save the world, our new run of Pandemic Legacy is not off to a good start.  But happily I got to come back and see messages and notices from you fine people and that improves my night vastly.

I'm going to put on some coffee and buckle down to get through PMs next (sorry for the delay vatovie, I had to stew on it a little and I've been AFK today more than anticipated).  I may need to make a few tweaks to the character sheet, not the coding part, more the annotation just to make things a bit more clear, but all in all I'm SUPER impressed by the ideas that you've been floating my way thanks so much for playing nice with my brain child :-)

The Dark Raven

I need to find the right face, but I have a concept brewing (Arthurian era is a matter of I-can't-help-it).  Thank Cerigo for that brain worm from a long time ago. XD

VioletPanda

Ohhh no ideas at the moment but I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!  XD

Until I think of an idea, if anyone would like a connection I'm happy to help?

I am thinking fae touched, but beyond that, my brain is mush from papers at the moment.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Pumpkin Seeds

VioletPanda

My brief search has yielded examples by which a person might be called fae-touched, including being born and surviving against long odds.

Given my own birth, this amuses my greatly. ;D
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

RampantDesires

*celebratory fist pump*  So beyond thrilled that so many of you are interested in this! I very much like the ideas you've put up.  Cerevan I like both Aisling and Zahira and you're more than welcome to run with both of them since one is starting in Faerie and the other out on Earth.  Pumpkin Seeds and Violet Panda I hope that you find something that captures you character wise.  If you have questions and what not I'm happy to help.

In retrospect I probably should have sat down and fleshed out a few of the world building sections, specifically those related to character powers and the Dorcha Síoraí.  Of all the questions and concerns I've gone over so 95% of them fall into those two categories.  Before putting up the interest check I wasn't really sure how many players I could count on. I mean there still isn't a concrete number and there will always be the possibility of more people joining in the future, but things would changed pretty radically if there were like three of us, vrs the 10+ we're currently looking at just a day after opening it up. 

My general To Do List right now is this
    • Dorcha Clarification
      • Specific abilities and behaviors
        - A lot of you are focused on hunting them and I'm all for it, let me give you a better idea of the foes you've faced
      • History
        - Editing in a few more major incursions into the main world history
    • Powers Section Revamp
      • Clarify power levels and groupings
        - General tone and feel
        - "Fading" Losing powers/possibility of regaining them in game
    • Traveling in and out of Faerie
      - Gates
      - Single person travel
      - Temporary portals
      - Faerie itself just being weird
  • Claimed Roles Table, we now have enough people I need to keep an organized roster :D
  • Polish up my character samples.  Micah, Seraphina, and Greg were mostly finished, need to give them a once over and make it official
  • Create Characters/Game Info Thread
  • Create OOC Thread

What We're Working With So Far

Violet Panda - Fae Touched (yes, there is going to be SO MUCH story for these characters to explore)
Pumpkin Seeds - General Interest
The Dark Raven - Something Arthurian flavored :D
Cerevan - Sekhmet (goddess) and a Fae Touched potential Maoine (huzzah, I was hoping people would want to go this route)
Whyspr - Valkyrie
vatovie - information broker?
Amarlo - Inana/Istar
Sain - Dorcha flavored oracle
persephone325 - General Interest
Semi Existent Dragon - General Interest
Kuroneko - General Interest
Cerigo - Celtic Flavored Water Diety

Kuroneko

I'm looking at something Japanese, if that fits into the world concept. Otherwise I can easily revamp ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh