The Legend of Saffron Stronghold II [Vampires Win]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 19, 2011, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

It has come to my attention that Izu is away currently. In light of the fact that he is away for an undetermined amount of time (it could be up to a week from now) I think we will have to move on without his vote. Objections?
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Votes

[3]Ty - (Remiel, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Aiden - (Kendra, Marguerite)
[2]Izu - (Aiden, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Moirae - (Ty)
[1]Azhdeen - (undisclosedtoyou)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)
[1]undisclosedtoyou - (Azhdeen)

Yet to vote:
Izu
Us against the world

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Autumn Sativus

Alright, guys. Last chance to change votes. I'll go ahead and progress tomorrow afternoon. With the votes being so close and Izu not here, I'd like to see a more definite majority or I may just wait for him to get back. :-\
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

Alright, guys. Last chance to change votes. I'll go ahead and progress tomorrow afternoon. With the votes being so close and Izu not here, I'd like to see a more definite majority or I may just wait for him to get back. :-\
OOC response

I realize that it's no fault of Izu's that he needs to be away, but the progress of the game could be severely crippled by an indeterminable absence on anyone's part.  I vote that his participating character either be killed or removed, depending on his role, for the game's sake.  There are always other games that he can participate in, after all, yes?  ...  I really hope he was not caught in one of the areas hit harder by Irene :/

I do not think that his removal from this game should be tied with this round's vote, however.  We should still vote for someone in our active group.  I will change my vote, accordingly.

No one had seen Izu.  Even though the situation made her "hackles" stay risen - all the time,  now - the last time someone had disappeared, it meant they were dead.  So maybe... maybe she'd been harsh with her judgement after all.  She sat on the bench, in the garden, holding a mug of pomegranate and ginger flavored tea close as its steam rose into the chilly air to waft casually at her face.  She was breathing rather shallowly, appearing half-tranced, as she considered the scenario. 

Few seemed to have paid attention to when the Keeper, herself, had pointed the finger at Azhdeen, but she had.  She'd also noticed when Azhdeen had pointed the finger right back at the replacement Keeper.  That, honestly, didn't seem to be much more than a bit of "But Mama, it's not my fault!"

Many others were also pointing their fingers at Ty.  But what if their collective agreement on Ty was a ruse, to further cripple the Estate's human population?  Who all had voted in that vein, she mused... then ticked on mental fingers, Remiel, Moirae, and Valerian.  They were all seemingly upstanding people, sure, but what did she really know about any of them, when it all boiled down to the marrow of the bone for the soup's stock?  Ty had fired back an accusation at Moirae, too.

Something wasn't right here, and holding her tea close wasn't doing much to cover the rank stench.  After several more moments of pondering, something dawned upon her, and her upper lip curl-twitched around a silent growl as her eyes narrowed.  It was simple, really.  The lot of them were merely pawns in a real-life variation of battle chess.  She felt an intoxicating rush of rage coursing through her, riding the rapids of her bloodstream as, presumably, her heart's rate increased. 

After a moment, however, she forced herself to take a soothing, long sip of her tea.  Anger at their seeming helplessness would not accomplish much of anything.

She thought back to the loss of their morbid friend Darque, and began to connect the dots.  And who was it that voted against him, she pondered next.  As I recall, it was Moirae, Ty, Marguerite, Remiel, and Kendra.  She took another sip of her tea.  Moirae and Ty were on the same page then, so what changed?  Also, Remiel...  She didn't bother to finish the thought.  No one had voted against Remiel, this time, so she decided that that wouldn't shed any conceptual light upon the dilemma.  Instead, she decided that she needed to side between Moirae or... TyThis is the making or breaking of the deal, she silently affirmed as she downed the last dregs of her tea.  If Ty was found out to be a human...  She glanced, dolefully, into the emptiness of her cup.

"Time for a refill," she muttered as she rose from the bench and stalked to the commons-room to discuss her observations with the others.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Remiel

The fact that Moirae and Valerian had both added their votes to his made him nervous.  "I'm going to change my vote to Moirae, lest people suspect that shi and I are in league."

Autumn Sativus

Votes

[3]Ty - (ClockworkShadow, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Moirae - (Ty, Remiel)
[1]Izu - (Aiden)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet to vote:
Izu
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes

[3]Ty - (ClockworkShadow, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Moirae - (Ty, Remiel)
[1]Izu - (Aiden)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet to vote:
Izu

The group decides that it is Ty that has been responsible for the deaths. Unsure who to listen to and barely making majority, the final votes are tallied and whispers of innocence and guilt still run through the Resident's. Finally, two men arrive and remove Ty from the premises. Only the sound of a car driving away signals that the man had indeed left. Within a few moments, the men returned and informed the group that the Doctor had left the Stronghold that day. The Lady of the house took ill at the suggestion of being without medical aid and without much to say other than a disappointed glance, she was taken to her chambers for the remainder of the night, leaving her Resident's to stew over their own doings once again.
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

It was worse than she could have imagined.  If anyone were nearby the dimly-lit room she'd withdrawn to, they might hear the shattering impact of her lobbing her porcelain teacup at the wall opposite to herself.  Within moments, it'd be followed by the sound of another.  Though, she would stop herself from destroying the very last teacup in the once-valuable set.  Instead, she'd cradle that one to herself as she slumped to the carpet in a paled, almost-formless heap.

The Lady had retired, visibly weighted beneath the thick mantle of doom in the air.  And now... now she knew that she'd be seen as a collaborator with the mysterious ones that wanted to undermine the honest people of the Estate.  Doubt crept into her own mind, and she began to wonder.  What were her motives; did she even know anymore?

Moirae.  Valerian.  They'd led the vote.  They'd cast the veil of chicanery.

She'd be watching them very closely, indeed...

A/A

o_O

Autumn Sativus

The Resident's were not so lucky come morning. The house was still quiet as the group gathered for breakfast, still mourning the loss of their dear Doctor. It seemed that fortune would not shine on the Stronghold this day either. Everyone was there, but Remiel was missing. When he didn't arrive for breakfast it was discovered soon that he had not woken from his sleep that morning. The two small holes in his neck gave proof that he would not be waking.

The most shocking part of the scene were the wings that spread across the floor, coming out of his back. What were once a brilliant white were stained with the red droplets of the Angel's blood. They were running out of time, they had to find the ones responsible before it was too late.

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Moirae
  • Ryven
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles

• Humans x5-6
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

She'd gone to the commons room to fill her remaining cup with tea, determined to try and be logical and reasonable about the situation.  When she'd entered, though, the room had been disturbingly empty, and each footstep seemed to echo with an eerie foreboding.  Then her eyes came to rest upon the table.

The investigation pictures were laid out, for examination - or, perhaps, to goad the culprit amongst them - next to the police report.  Remiel?

Remiel.... was gone?

Her next actions seemed to blur in her recollective perception, but she vaguely realized that she'd lost her grasp on her cup as the sound of it shattering echoed, too loudly, in her ears.  A gasping sob escaped her throat, followed by a hiccup, before she collapsed, unconscious, amid the sharp shards of porcelain.

She dreamt of feathers falling from angel wings, and decorating an endless hallway.  No matter how hard she ran, or how much she screamed, there was no way out.  Disembodied hands floated in front of her - palms up with blood oozing from their center and between the fingers - accompanied by maniacally evil laughter, and they haunted every pelting step she took...

When someone might come upon her, to rouse her, she would make it known that she suspected involvement on the part of the elusive, and too-quiet Valerian.

A/A

o_O

Ryven

Hearing the news shook him deeply, and the only solace he found was making delicious creations in the kitchen.  For the dearly departed, it was angel food cake with a spiced rum sauce.

"May you find your way back to heaven, dear angel," he said to himself as he finished working on the cake.  After presenting it in the dining room, he took his own seat, opting not to touch any kind of food.  His appetite just wasn't there for it.  His eyes shifted to ClockworkShadow.  He didn't trust her...not one bit.

Azhdeen

When word spread that Remiel was dead this morning a panic started to set in his mind. The panic only grew when he learned that Remiel was an angel as he had always thought them nothing more than myth. Beginning to think that if an angel could be killed by these vampires the what hope does a simple man have?. Running around the estate he look for some tools so he can do something to try and take his mind of things. Unsure what to think anymore he grabs  the tools and some nails and runs back to his room. Beginning to make a lot of noise he pounds the nails into the window sills hoping to seal them shut. In his panicked state one name alone comes to his mind Valerian should be talked too.

undisclosedtoyou

They were not so lucky, and Dis started to think that this placed was cursed, and the wrath of some monster was plaguing them.  She couldn't help those negative thoughts pressing down on her, as she entered the dining room, and her eyes fell upon ClockworkShadow who had seemingly fainted on the floor.  She made quick work of trying to help the young lady up.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Izu

[[sorry for disappearing - was out of civilization for a lil over week. If I had been here I would have voted for someone who hasn't been voted against at the time, just because I had no clue who to vote for.]]

When the morning came and Izu heard the news that their Angel had been murdered that night, he hurried to the common area where the residents usually gathered. He looked at everyone and frowned lightly, associations already flying across the room. Couldn't they morn for at least a little bit before they started pointing the finger at each other?! He shook his head as he spoke. "I have to say that Moirae's vote yesterday was set on someone innocent and our poor Remiel was with her in it, maybe taken by her beauty... though he did change his vote in the last minute and she didn't. Which is suspicious."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Kendra

After the doctor had been dragged from the house, Kendra had gone to bed surfacing with every one else to sit at the breakfast table only to discover that Remiel was dead. Her mouth hung open and she looked at everyone about the table. Ryven came out carrying the 'angel' cake and her eyes widened.
"Really at a time like this you make an angel cake?" she glared at him, unable to believe how insensitive he was, "Ryven ... that's just ... horrible. I've gone right off my food now."

As tempting as his delicious meals were every other time, the thought of eating an angel right then turned her stomach. 

Ryven

"Would you have preferred Devil's food?  I'm pretty sure that would have been worse.  I thought it would have been a nice tribute to the dearly departed.  Clearly we have different ways of grieving.  While he may be gone, I think his spirit still remains here to watch over us, and if you're going to blame me simply for my culinary choices, well...I don't know what to think about that."  He said before he excused himself to find coffee.  Anything to relieve the building tension in the estate.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
[2]ClockworkShadow - (Ryven, undisclosedtoyou)
[2]Moirae - (Izu, Valerian)
[2]Ryven - (Kendra, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Valerian - (Azhdeen)

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, Marguerite, Moirae
Us against the world

Valerian

Val turns a little pale to hear not just one, but two people seeming so sure of her guilt.  "Of course we're all upset, but I've never hurt anyone, I assure you.  When I voted against Ty, I was agreeing with Remiel.  I always thought that he had good instincts about people, and now I know why," she added, sorrowfully.

"I'm not sure that our fallen Angel knew anything for certain about Moirae, but he must have had some reason to try to avoid being associated with hir, and now I'm sorry I didn't change my vote as well.  Perhaps I can help make up for that a little now," she finished quietly.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

ClockworkShadow

She'd drug one of the chairs with arms over to the corner of the room, and was huddled in it as she applied antibiotic ointment to her mostly-superficial cuts.  Dis had helped clean up the shards, but had been otherwise distant.  She'd been a bit surprised to hear Valerian's admission of siding with Remiel, and had toyed with the notion of reconsidering her vote.

Now, what was this business with that angel's food cake?  It had been sitting upon the table when she was roused, and, when she'd discovered that Ryven was responsible for its being there...

She hadn't stopped staring at him, arms crossed over each other as she huddled in a fetal position, for the entire time he'd been lurking in the room.

He'd made a fair enough point about devil's food being even less appropriate, but that didn't make the angel's food any moreso!  Darque had had a morbid sense of humor, but he'd never do anything like this.

So, there she sat and scowled.  It didn't look like she wanted to talk to anyone, yet she didn't seem willing to move.  It appeared, instead, that she had every intention of staying in that common's room and watching everyone.

A/A

o_O

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at the board and then placed her vote for Moirae.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Aiden

I think our Estate Keeper (Undisclosedtoyou) is suspect, we voted her to have a deciding viote in case of a tie but I am wondering if that was a wise move without questioning her first.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
[3]Moirae - (Izu, Valerian, Marguerite)
[3]ClockworkShadow - (Ryven, undisclosedtoyou, Moirae)
[2]Ryven - (Kendra, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Valerian - (Azhdeen)
[1]undisclosedtoyou - (Aiden)
Us against the world

desert ashes

With a soft sigh Moirae glanced to the others, hir shoulders slightly slumped. "I am no criminal... I have merely had the unfortunate luck of guessing the wrong people.  I've harmed none, I swear, and it pains me now to have to vote for someone I don't know is guilty or not only to possibly save myself.  I'm sorry, Clockworkshadow."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn Sativus

The vote has tied.

undisclosedtoyou must make a final call between Moirae and ClockworkShadow.
Us against the world