[MUL] Game based on Blade Runner - Interest Check

Started by Tiobal, April 05, 2009, 05:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiobal

While I enjoyed the movie, as well as the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep), I am not looking to do a re-creation of Blade Runner, merely to use that time-frame and setting although I have no problem if someone wishes to use one of the characters to base their character upon.

While I understand that it might be a bit easier if there was a set story to follow, I would like to experiment with a free-form game; not limit the number of players or have a strict script to follow.

What I would do is right an introduction to the piece, giving as much detail as I am able and from there our characters would interject themselves when they felt it was appropriate.

This is an interest check before I spend time writing up the intro.
She is free to be who she will; free to skip barefoot down the hill; maybe she is Neptunes daughter, for she is drawn towards the water.

Tiobal's Wet and Dry

Xillen

Quote from: Tiobal on April 05, 2009, 05:21:16 PMWhile I understand that it might be a bit easier if there was a set story to follow, I would like to experiment with a free-form game

Just to inform you, freeform doesn't have anything to do with the presence or absence of a set story.

In Freeform games, characters don't have stats behind them, and if anyone tries anything, it's up to themselves if the action succeeds or not.

In contrast, characters in System games are backed up by several statistics that also determine the chance of a certain action succeeding, usually involving some dice as the random factor.

Both Freeform and System can have a preset story, or be completely open to the players.

Just thought I'd inform you. Sorry for the hijacking.

Tiobal

Xillen, thank you for the clarification.  I suppose that freeform would still sort of apply.  The participants could attempt actions against each other, but the recipent of said action would actually have the say in whether it was successful or not.

However, what I was trying to convey is that the participants would be responsible for "scripting" the story after the introduction and that I wasn't looking for a particular "ending" that we all needed to work toward.

Sorry for not being more clear in my first post.
She is free to be who she will; free to skip barefoot down the hill; maybe she is Neptunes daughter, for she is drawn towards the water.

Tiobal's Wet and Dry