1x1 RP (Am New to this. :D)

Started by Lixlaria, January 15, 2012, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lixlaria

Hello and Welcome to my little request thread!
I am new and still unapproved so I am searching for 1x1 RP in a thread for the time being. :)
I am open to any ideas, willing to try most.  I did have a thought for something related to Greek mythology but haven't fully developed an idea yet.  Possibly something with the story of the Minotaur, or I am open to any other suggestions as well.

I will give full warning that I am new to Role Playing for the most part.  I have done a few RP's but they were IM based and written in a play style.

So I am looking for someone that will be willing to tolerate a new player and give me pointers along the way.
And someone that would possibly be willing to start the RP so I can "Follow in their footsteps" As far as style of writing, at least to give me something to work from. :D

Thanks for your considerations! I will respond as quickly as I can!
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

A&A's

TheRedGuy

Hehehe I mind if I steal the partner slot Laria? I've been doing this for a while so I think I know something or other and I don't mind a new RPer.

Lixlaria

I should have said I am searching for multiple 1x1's XD  So I hope others will still join me!

Red: Well hello good sir! I have no problem with you stealing a spot as one of my partners! :D I look forward to RP'ing with you! ^_^ Any idea what you might like to do? And I apologize for all the being new at this things before hand. :)
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

A&A's

TheRedGuy

Hehe no worries. If we had to say sorry every time we where new to something we would all look very sissy, unless your like a Hikikamori (Urban hermit) or something. Ok as for the plot of the story *Thinks* well it really depends on what type of figure you want to play. I know this mythology like the back of my hand. I have a few favorite pet plots I have played around with so I'll have something for most any thing you pick. So firstly what sort of mythological figure takes your fancy to play?

Lixlaria

Ummm...hahaha, ok.  I am alright with playing just about any role.  Although I would probably like to stay away from being one of the gods or anything like that.  I actually don't know all of the mythology anymore, kinda got the idea from the Doormat when it was being discussed.  But really in the stories, there always seems to be a human involved, a damsel in distress or a sacrifice or such.  So maybe a sacrifice to some.. deity turned to love interest or something similar?

A&A's

TheRedGuy

Alright then I will run a few by you and you can give the yay or nay for them. Sound good?

Lixlaria

A&A's

TheRedGuy

No problem.

1.) One or more of the 3 virgin goddesses ends up having children and try to cover up their dirt by sending all manor of minion on the trail of the new demi's, beasts and creatures of the under world and such. I can elaborate if you like it.

Lixlaria

It sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind a little more detail ^_^

A&A's

TheRedGuy

Well its like this. In Greek mythos we can have it that Virgin godess(s) (or Aphrodite who has been known to kill to hide her affairs from Vulcan) get pregnant and try to chuck the baby off, but Nemesis decides to save them and raise them or have them raised more likely bye her underlings raise us. Then she lets slip that we exist and the hunt begins. Its much of an adventure RP with possibility for secondary elements based on what the characters relationship is to each other and where we go. I will juggle all the history and geography of what is where and who is who, so don't worry about that. essentially the goal for us is one of two things. The only ways to escape gods are to run forever or ascend from mortality, which can be done as a gift from another god or in Ethiopia.

Lixlaria

*nods* Alright! It sounds like a good idea! I will try to brush up on my histories of it all so that I can contribute more. :)

A&A's

TheRedGuy

If you want I suppose. Though its more important to get the flow of back then rather then know who was king of what. Most people didn't know that anyways, is what story tellers and scribes where for.

Lixlaria

Agreed.  Well I am all for starting when ever you want.  I am guessing we are going to be playing the children of Goddesses?

A&A's

TheRedGuy

Yep, all that's left is to pick who we are running from and if we are related or not

Lixlaria

Running from Aphrodite would be interesting, only because it might bring the wrath of Vulcan into it as well.  And as for being related...I say probably not, or if so very distantly, but then again, they were all kinda related back then weren't they?

A&A's

TheRedGuy

Aye, ok then. Well even brother/sisters if they had gods blood didn't count like that. Hera and Jove are sister/wife technically, but no worries, we can swing not related, I can handle that. for now though I am off to bed. Night. I'll set the game up tomorrow.

Lixlaria

Whichever way you want is fine with me! Good Night Red, will talk tomorrow. :)

A&A's

Les Man

Hello Lixlaria,

As you can see I'm still unapproved as well, so, care for another RP partner?

I'd be interested in a fantasy Greek-mythology setting if you want to do another one, or if you have another idea you could bring that up too.
"I will give you the world..." The Pen That Is Mightier: D'autre Personnes Vit (Likes & Dislikes)
Le Ons & Offs pour Les Man.
Just a taste: The Philosopher and the Stone (Writing Sample)

Lixlaria

Hi Les! I am always up for another RP Partner!
I am good with doing just about anything, trying out a little of everything. ^_^
I will do any kind of pairing.  I will admit I seem to have a fondness for demon x anything pairings.  (Noticed this from the few small RP's I have done)
I am up for any suggestions :D

A&A's

Les Man

alright, cool, and thanks

If you don't mind, please glance at my list of "requests" (especially the bottom part).  If any of my interests interest you, please let me know and we can then work something out.

I'll admit I've never really had an interest in a specifically "demon"-themed Storyline, but I love supernatural, paranormal, horror, spooky-type stories, so I'm sure we can figure something out.

I like REALLY imaginative SLs alot of the time, so maybe we could brainstorm for a bit and figure out a way to combine your Greek-mythology and demon themes with something other aspect (maybe) and get a truly interesting story going... honestly I already got a few ideas for a general plot.
"I will give you the world..." The Pen That Is Mightier: D'autre Personnes Vit (Likes & Dislikes)

Lixlaria

Les: I took a look and can honestly say...I have no idea what any of your top ones are about, but I am all for brainstorming and making up our own thing. :)

A&A's

Les Man

lol, I wasn't expecting you to be familiar with my "Super Nerd Factor" list on top, lol.

So anyway, let's start brainstorming, I guess, then.

1. The Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Scandinavian gods (among many others) rule the mortals from high in the heavens.  Vampires, ghosts, demons and other creatures of the night roam the mortal world, eager to rise up out of the shadows and gain a respectable place next to the gods and humans, the Favored Race.  Humankind walks a narrow path between these two extremes, the omnipresent, demanding gods, and the jealous, dangerous creatures of the night.

2. Maybe something more futuristic?

3. Maybe something more modern?

I don't know really, I'm full of ideas.

Lixlaria

Les: I like the idea, how about we take that and make it more modern.  Say...a Human girl falling, over a period of time, for a god that had decided to live the mortal life for a while.  In the mean time, he is being..hunted for his power by those that want to reach a god level?  The girl is dragged into the fight for his life and his return to Olypmus (Or heaven , whatever god like place he comes from) and she is dragged along with him for her protection...Or something like that?

A&A's

Les Man

That's a good idea.  I really like how their enemies trying to "steal the god's powers for themselves" aspect, and the god actually has to escape them.

Here's a few more ideas:

I think it may be interesting to place the SL in a non-present-day setting, like Prohibition-era early 1900's, or Victorian Age Europe...

I was entertaining the idea of maybe playing the role of of a god's son, who himself is a god also, but hasn't inherited his father's position yet.  Maybe.

Hades, Horus, or Anubis I think would make interesting gods to play.  Especially the "gods of the underworld" types, they could be torn between both sides of the conflict maybe, the gods and the darkness.

What about your character?  Is she "chosen by the gods for a mysterious reason," or is it "fate that put her in the god's path?"

Lixlaria

*smiles* I am good with any era.  The prohibition era might be interesting.

I do like the idea behind the "god of the underworld" thing...mostly because I always find it amusing when they show a slightly softer side to thing.

As for my character...hmmm..well, I think it would actually have to be the fates that did it.  I always saw the fates as a bit meddling so I could see another god even, or potentially the gods son if he hates him enough, going to the fates in an attempt to hinder the God in attempting to retake his place.  Placing the girl in his path to be a distraction or worse and in the end she will be the one to help him most.  Because the fates don't like to be told what to do of course *laughs*

A&A's

Les Man

lol, I was talking about generic fate, I forgot all about THE Fates.  Ha, another good idea.

Okay, so my role is down to Anubis or Hades?  Have a preference either way?  Btw, I kind of think I'd rather play the role of the god himself, rather than an OC son.

As for your character, I like that idea better than the other one too.  If the god himself chose her, it'd be kind of cheesy probably.  I also dig the twist where she was sent to distract/inhibit him, but ends being exactly what he needs to overcome.  Maybe the "powers of darkness" bargained with the Fates to help usurp the god's powers?  Maybe another god has "gone bad" and seeks to steal his Underworld-powers and ally with the antagonists?

Do you want to start an OOC thread in the RP section (or want me to?) and post some characters descriptions?  We can continue whatever brainstorming we do there too... to free up this thread for you.