Seeking non-canon True Blood RP (male character w/ any gender, nonsexual role)

Started by TheKnifeWon, February 11, 2011, 01:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKnifeWon

Alright, so, I've got this character (just a copy/paste of a quick history I threw together on another topic), based in the "Sookieverse". Basically he's a vampire who doesn't associate/answer to the vampire government they've got going on. His maker had a falling out with 'the establishment' (likely over magic use, but whether that's acceptable to many people familiar with the books or not is kind of iffy), and taught him to distrust other vampires, that living in a nest with anyone aside from one's maker was degrading, etc.. I want to change this. Maxwell's been a bit sloppy about the whole "discretion" thing; he doesn't drink in the open, or do awful, violent things, but he's a little too eager to talk about the vampire mindset, and he even participated in a study a human was doing about vampire physiology (though, just letting him draw blood and ask questions, no living autopsy or anything, eek). Beyond concerns like that, perhaps it just gets their goat that there's a vampire running around who doesn't think he has to ask for hunting privileges, etc.. Maybe he has more talents than the usual vampire and they're interested? He's very magically inclined. . .this might be "contrary to canon", and I'm not going to argue that too intensely, because I generally use the books as a guideline more than a rulebook. . .though, I think it could be argued. Bill compared his ability to float with an ability to sing (for example)--you can naturally be a gifted singer, but you can also learn to sing.

Anyway, I'm horrible at soliciting RP, which is probably why I'm so inactive. Basically, Maxwell's life has very little by the way of action in it, since he doesn't interact much with his own kind. I've been re-reading the books and kind of envying the opportunity for 'colorful experiences'--the whole predatory sexy thing is nice and all, but I need to cut it up with something different. I'd even enjoy a spot in a group RP, if people were interested--but I barely have the confidence to pursue ONE RP partner, let alone arrange an RP group, so I definitely wouldn't be the head of it, haha.